Booktubers part 5

BasicBooktuber1
Talker
Talker

Re: Booktubers part 5

Post by BasicBooktuber1 »

laurasommeils wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:26 pm
Thank you so much! I had no idea it was because of that, so yesterday I went and blocked two of the booktubers I was complaining about. Because a few minutes later other booktuber I follow liked something another booktuber I don't like said, and I didn't agree with that and I was like "not also you on my timeline, please". So thank you very much, I just did what you've said!
No problem. Twitter used to be an absolute nightmare before I figured that out.

laurasommeils
Informer
Informer

Post by laurasommeils »

BasicBooktuber1 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:48 am
laurasommeils wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:26 pm
Thank you so much! I had no idea it was because of that, so yesterday I went and blocked two of the booktubers I was complaining about. Because a few minutes later other booktuber I follow liked something another booktuber I don't like said, and I didn't agree with that and I was like "not also you on my timeline, please". So thank you very much, I just did what you've said!
No problem. Twitter used to be an absolute nightmare before I figured that out.
It was becoming that for me once I saw those booktubers in my timeline. Like, yes, it's ok they have their own opinions, but I'm not interested in hearing them and that's the reason I don't follow them, so I was annoyed at having to see their comments, and it was even more annoying that one was commenting about a comic book character that I know for a fact she's never read a single comic or followed closely that character's universe, and be all pretentious and dissmisive about it. And the other was creating a thread about a book that yes, it does have trigger warnings and is not for everybody, I even agree that it isn't that good, but like 50 other people in booktube have already talked about it and that booktuber HAS to bring her opinion to the table every single damn time about everything and anything under the sun. And if you correct her about something she's doing social justice for and is not even that informed, she just ignores it and continues on being all "I speak for all the people" and it's really annoying to me, so when I saw it on my timeline I was like: no you again.

me_cago_en_todo
Learner
Learner

Post by me_cago_en_todo »

is the awful trend of posting one's amazon wishlist on their subscription boxes back? i can't believe it. What I hate the most is how they are like: "i'm putting my wishlist here because you - the subscriber - asked but don't feel obliged to send me anything...." how can they think this is right? it's just another attempt at getting free books and i find it horrible.

Leonhardts
Learner
Learner

Post by Leonhardts »

I am definitely over everyone talking about Queen of Nothing.

Ballstothewall21
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Ballstothewall21 »

Prime example of how quickly people in the community can get butt hurt over such insignificant things. Seriously, there is so much more going on in life to be worried about ONE person blocking you.

And then Rachael Marie openly admit she has blocked people she “idolizes” and hasn’t replied back to her messages lmfaoooo how pathetic. First of all why are you idolizing people in the book community like they are god like, we are all regular people who are bookworms it’s not that deep. Also what does she expect? Them to drop everything and reply always as if they don’t have a life. Proof many people in the community just want clout.

I can’t. I got second hand embarrassment from this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

laurasommeils
Informer
Informer

Post by laurasommeils »

Leonhardts wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:20 pm
I felt The cruel Prince was meh and Queen of Nothing was so rushed and even more meh so you can imagine how I feel pretty much the same as you. I'm also over people talking about The beautifull or btw its name.

Guest123456789
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Guest123456789 »

me_cago_en_todo wrote:is the awful trend of posting one's amazon wishlist on their subscription boxes back? i can't believe it. What I hate the most is how they are like: "i'm putting my wishlist here because you - the subscriber - asked but don't feel obliged to send me anything...." how can they think this is right? it's just another attempt at getting free books and i find it horrible.
Yeah, I really enjoy Whittynovels content but she has started doing this and in the vlogs is showing stacks of books she’s received. It doesn’t sit well with me. I understand that she is buying a book a day for people as well but still feels a bit strange to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

laurasommeils
Informer
Informer

Post by laurasommeils »

Guest123456789 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:32 am
me_cago_en_todo wrote:is the awful trend of posting one's amazon wishlist on their subscription boxes back? i can't believe it. What I hate the most is how they are like: "i'm putting my wishlist here because you - the subscriber - asked but don't feel obliged to send me anything...." how can they think this is right? it's just another attempt at getting free books and i find it horrible.
Yeah, I really enjoy Whittynovels content but she has started doing this and in the vlogs is showing stacks of books she’s received. It doesn’t sit well with me. I understand that she is buying a book a day for people as well but still feels a bit strange to me.

I've also seen other booktubers doing it, and while I wouldn't buy something for them I think at the end of the day is the decition of the one who is buying if they want to spend money that way. I do think is a bit pointless to buy books for someone who already has almost a whole wall covered in books and gets books for free and probably can request and get some of them, and has a job. I'd rather spend that money on my family, friends and myself or idk in my city people collect toys and children books for Christmass for the people who can't afford presents for their children, I'd rather spent my money in that, but to each their own.

acesnotspades
Learner
Learner

Post by acesnotspades »

Look guys, if booktubers want to buy each other shit from their amazon wishlist, I just... really don't care. It doesn't affect me at all. Tbh people complaining about it every year around christmas is really annoying.

fennecreads
Talker
Talker

Post by fennecreads »

Guest123456789 wrote:

idk about this one because she didn't outright say here it is, but it was in the thread she started asking for links for the ones she sent out. The packages that she has opened she typically has known the person or sought them out to thank them (I think her thread where she asked for gift links even mentions say who you are so i can send you a thank you card). She even sends thank you cards with her depops/trades. I think whitney was genuine about it.

laurasommeils
Informer
Informer

Post by laurasommeils »

fennecreads wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:45 am
Guest123456789 wrote:

idk about this one because she didn't outright say here it is, but it was in the thread she started asking for links for the ones she sent out. The packages that she has opened she typically has known the person or sought them out to thank them (I think her thread where she asked for gift links even mentions say who you are so i can send you a thank you card). She even sends thank you cards with her depops/trades. I think whitney was genuine about it.
Yes, I think she was, and she is buying a book a day for other people. I don't think is bad that they post their wishlists, I just don't get the buying something for a stranger myself, and I wasn't really just saying about Whitney, but a lot of booktubers I've seen posting their lists and then for example one keeps unhauling books because they want to have a small tbr and is like... why are you asking for more books when you'll get a ton for free because you do all this unboxings and get arcs and so on. Like I don't get it buying a book for somebody like that, but to each their own, if it makes them happy to buy them books and the person is happy receiving them, I don't see the harm on it; it's just something that I wouldn't do.

Guest123456789
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Guest123456789 »

fennecreads wrote:
Guest123456789 wrote:

(I think her thread where she asked for gift links even mentions say who you are so i can send you a thank you card). She even sends thank you cards with her depops/trades. I think whitney was genuine about it.
Ah, I must have missed that! That is nice of her Image

me_cago_en_todo
Learner
Learner

Post by me_cago_en_todo »

acesnotspades wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:56 am
Look guys, if booktubers want to buy each other shit from their amazon wishlist, I just... really don't care. It doesn't affect me at all. Tbh people complaining about it every year around christmas is really annoying.
I don't mind when they do that. If booktube pals wanna buy each other presents that's fine.... what I truly dislike is when they ask their audiences.

Youreinit
Learner
Learner

Post by Youreinit »

Honestly, I don't care if people ask for money, post their wishlists, or cry on camera. If they want to put that on the internet forever, that's their business. They probably know some people will react badly to it. Most receive an overwhelmingly positive response, so I don't see a problem. If people want to give their money to booktubers, that's their prerogative. I personally don't feel like they're asking me specifically to give them money or send them anything. I don't know how many young kids have credit cards and Amazon accounts, so I'm not really worried about them wasting their money on booktubers without their parents' knowledge either. That being said, I do sometimes feel second-hand embarrassment when people cry on camera, only because I know they watched it back later and liked the idea of showing that clip to the world. More power to them for having that level of self-confidence, but I'd be way too embarrassed to show myself crying. I probably wouldn't even be able to watch the footage, let alone edit it and upload it to the internet.

Now, what I do care about is crappy editing, especially in reading vlogs. When someone says, "Omg this clip is so long, I'm so sorry y'all, I ramble, this is so embarrassing, I should go now," I immediately roll my eyes. That's the whole point of editing. It isn't just combining all the clips you filmed into one long video. Cut the useless, repetitive, rambly crap. Just because you record it doesn't mean you have to include it. There's a reason David Dobrik's vlog style is so successful - his editing is succinct. How many vlogs have you sat through where the booktuber says something like "okay, well, I'm going to go to work now and will read on my lunch break and update you later" then the very next clip is them saying "just popping in to update you, so I went to work read on my lunch break"... At least one of those clips should be cut. I really like reading vlogs, but some folks seriously need to improve their editing skills and learn what could/should be cut to produce a higher quality video. It's not just about learning the editing software.

Ballstothewall21
Lurker
Lurker

I’m really starting to dislike Olivia from oliviareadsalatte I used to find her funny but now she’s too damn annoying. Her self aware jokes were funny a bit but now she over does it. She’s truly cringe. Ugh and her being thirsty telling publishers to send her books is so awkward! Especially on twitter it’s 🤮

Annaj001
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Annaj001 »

Ballstothewall21 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:53 pm
I’m really starting to dislike Olivia from oliviareadsalatte I used to find her funny but now she’s too damn annoying. Her self aware jokes were funny a bit but now she over does it. She’s truly cringe. Ugh and her being thirsty telling publishers to send her books is so awkward! Especially on twitter it’s 🤮
I AGREEEEE! I don’t know if it’s because she is younger than me but her dumb voices and peace signs and “your girl” phrases are so stupid and annoying.

Edit: I also find her to be quite ... for lack of a better word... dumb. She doesn’t seem to know a lot of words.

MsAnthropy
Learner
Learner

Post by MsAnthropy »

So I saw about an hour ago in Instagram that Zoe/Hannah/Hailey are ending the Bookmarked group and figured it was just from their individual schedules getting busier, but now it looks like Hailey is throwing shade on Twitter? (Color me shocked /eyeroll).

https://twitter.com/hailsinbookland/sta ... 35072?s=20

My gut says that it's at Hannah and not Zoe, although I suppose it could be either.

JamHands9
Informer
Informer

Post by JamHands9 »

MsAnthropy wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:52 pm
So I saw about an hour ago in Instagram that Zoe/Hannah/Hailey are ending the Bookmarked group and figured it was just from their individual schedules getting busier, but now it looks like Hailey is throwing shade on Twitter? (Color me shocked /eyeroll).

My gut says that it's at Hannah and not Zoe, although I suppose it could be either.
A few people also think it’s shady too apparently in the thread. Either she was throwing shade or she worded her tweet poorly.

Ballstothewall21
Lurker
Lurker

JamHands9 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:13 am
MsAnthropy wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:52 pm

A few people also think it’s shady too apparently in the thread. Either she was throwing shade or she worded her tweet poorly.
She’s clearing it up now that it wasn’t meant to be shady and I did not take it as any shade when I initially read it BUT
I don’t agree with how Hailey openly admitted to twitter that 2 out of the 3 were doing most of the work I guess you can say. That right there is 1) exposing that someone is going through personal business they obviously didn’t want out there and honestly quite embarrassing and 2) the wording is obviously open to interpretation especially on book twitter where everyone claims they aren’t there for the drama but be looking into everything too deep to find tea.
I find Hailey to be on the arrogant side anyways so I just think her wording was wrong but put in a way that also made sure ppl knew it wasn’t her doing.

super_smize
Learner
Learner

Post by super_smize »

Leonhardts wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:20 pm
I'm definitely over everyone being like "Is it the best book? No. Are the characters well developed? No. Is the plot lacking and rushed? Yes. But . . . 5 stars."

Return to “BookTube”