Sasha Alsberg (abookutopia)

Re: Sasha Alsberg (abookutopia)

Post by Guest »

HomuraSamadelete6 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:08 pm
Bookieslove23 wrote: Here’s the info on Taran which explains how he’s always traveling and how Sasha is probably always right beside him....

Not sure if this is his family(I’m assuming so) but if it is ummmmm 😳holy guacamole

Did something happen to whatever you posted? It says I'm not allowed to view it. I really wanna know what it is!
Not that I know of! I can still view the pic :)

It just says the Matharu family who own a chain of hotels are billionaires

Post by Guest »

Is it me or does Taran usually look annoyed everytime Sasha points the camera at him?

Post by Guest »

It’s an 87% humidity today where they are no wonder they are sweating to death ☀️

BookishBitch
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by BookishBitch »

Bookieslove23 wrote: Here’s the info on Taran which explains how he’s always traveling and how Sasha is probably always right beside him....

Not sure if this is his family(I’m assuming so) but if it is ummmmm 😳holy guacamole
I mean, that dude looks almost exactly like Taran in my opinion. And if so wowowowowowowowow. Holy shit. I always assumed that Sasha had a trust fund or something in order to travel like that. Good for her for getting a sugar daddy, I guess.

musiclover12
Informer
Informer

Post by musiclover12 »

I think she is trying to become Insta-famous. Honestly she'd be better off as a lifestyle vlogger, and honestly I'd like her more if she was, but she still wants to be seen as a booktuber, why is that?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

QueenBW
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by QueenBW »

musiclover12 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:24 pm
I think she is trying to become Insta-famous. Honestly she'd be better off as a lifestyle vlogger, and honestly I'd like her more if she was, but she still wants to be seen as a booktuber, why is that?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
I assume because she sees it as part of her "credibility" as an author. She didn't finish school, she's never really worked on her craft in a professional way. She doesn't have anything to support her as a "serious writer" other than the (very debatable) achievement of being a "famous" book tuber.

Meandmysarcasm35
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Meandmysarcasm35 »

I think she's trying to branch out to lifestyle stuff too, hence the travel pics and her yalk about doing exercise routine videos and things. She's obviously not a booktuber any more. Also, looking at her agent, eho reps Leigh Bardugo and Susan Dennard and Holly Black (I think. There's two agents at New Leaf who cover the bulk of big YA authors) there's no way she'd be able to stick with such a big agent without being able to produce decent work. If she doesn't pull a miracle out of the bag with Project Red or possibly her next one adter that, she's likely done there. There's way too many people querying her agent for Joanne to keep a client who isn't up to scratch.

Post by Guest »

What do y’all think this awful book she’s talking about on kindle is?? She won’t say because she wants to make a video on how awful it is.

ja14
Informer
Informer

Post by ja14 »

Bookieslove23 wrote:What do y’all think this awful book she’s talking about on kindle is?? She won’t say because she wants to make a video on how awful it is.
A Royal Shade of Blue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sazie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sazie »

Bookieslove23 wrote: What do y’all think this awful book she’s talking about on kindle is?? She won’t say because she wants to make a video on how awful it is.
Maybe she’s reading her own book.

HannyFanny94
Lurker
Lurker

Post by HannyFanny94 »

jadelete4 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:52 am
Bookieslove23 wrote:What do y’all think this awful book she’s talking about on kindle is?? She won’t say because she wants to make a video on how awful it is.
A Royal Shade of Blue?

She's also reading Beauty and the Billionare by Lauren Landish so it could be that

Post by Guest »

HannyFanny94 wrote:
jadelete4 wrote:
A Royal Shade of Blue?

She's also reading Beauty and the Billionare by Lauren Landish so it could be that
She said it’s not on her goodreads unfortunately 🙃 that’s why she was going to make a video.

Post by Guest »

sazie wrote:
Bookieslove23 wrote: What do y’all think this awful book she’s talking about on kindle is?? She won’t say because she wants to make a video on how awful it is.
Maybe she’s reading her own book.
I was not expecting that 😂 I laughed so hard so thanks for that 😂

QueenBW
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by QueenBW »

Meandmysarcasm35 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:18 am
I think she's trying to branch out to lifestyle stuff too, hence the travel pics and her yalk about doing exercise routine videos and things. She's obviously not a booktuber any more. Also, looking at her agent, eho reps Leigh Bardugo and Susan Dennard and Holly Black (I think. There's two agents at New Leaf who cover the bulk of big YA authors) there's no way she'd be able to stick with such a big agent without being able to produce decent work. If she doesn't pull a miracle out of the bag with Project Red or possibly her next one adter that, she's likely done there. There's way too many people querying her agent for Joanne to keep a client who isn't up to scratch.
There are many, many reasons agents sign people. In Sasha's case it had nothing to do with her own talent and everything to do with the thousands of subscribers that agents and publishers thought would translate into thousands and thousands of sales. I mean, her first book that she sold was Zenith and a normal person off the street would never have been able to sign a decent agent with that crap pile.

ja14
Informer
Informer

Post by ja14 »

HannyFanny94 wrote:
jadelete4 wrote:
A Royal Shade of Blue?

Lol, that’s a interesting book for her to pick up. Image

HannyFanny94
Lurker
Lurker

Post by HannyFanny94 »

Is it just me or has she lately been reading some trashy erotic novels? Those that get 3 stars... I hope she won't be putting something from them in Project Red...
Also on July 31st, she retweeted some girl's thread (@rollajabi) where she writes sort of like a Wattpad story. I have read several chapters and I can safely say that its a cliche story where a popular high school bad boy takes interest in a bland, shy main character. I know that she was dissing Twilight a few years ago so I don't understand why is she reading a story that's worse than that?

introvertedowl
Talker
Talker

Post by introvertedowl »

HannyFanny94 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:59 am
Is it just me or has she lately been reading some trashy erotic novels? Those that get 3 stars... I hope she won't be putting something from them in Project Red...
Also on July 31st, she retweeted some girl's thread (@rollajabi) where she writes sort of like a Wattpad story. I have read several chapters and I can safely say that its a cliche story where a popular high school bad boy takes interest in a bland, shy main character. I know that she was dissing Twilight a few years ago so I don't understand why is she reading a story that's worse than that?
I mean it kind of makes sense that she's reading the trashy books... Outlander is her self declared favorite almost solely based off of the "sexiness" of it. If she was actually reading it for the plot she would've continued reading the series or would talk about something other than how attractive that Jamie character is. She wants to read smutty stuff and that's what those (not always) poorly written romances provide. She's always been a fan of badly written books, I mean I tried reading some of her old favorites that she used to rave about and I could never make it through even a few chapters. And though I don't think Sasha has any say in dissing stuff (I haven't trusted a review of hers in years) talking crap about Twilight is pretty commonplace

Sarahbat01
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Sarahbat01 »

introvertedowl wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:21 pm
HannyFanny94 wrote:
I mean it kind of makes sense that she's reading the trashy books... Outlander is her self declared favorite almost solely based off of the "sexiness" of it. If she was actually reading it for the plot she would've continued reading the series or would talk about something other than how attractive that Jamie character is. She wants to read smutty stuff and that's what those (not always) poorly written romances provide. She's always been a fan of badly written books, I mean I tried reading some of her old favorites that she used to rave about and I could never make it through even a few chapters. And though I don't think Sasha has any say in dissing stuff (I haven't trusted a review of hers in years) talking crap about Twilight is pretty commonplace
That's honestly something that really upset me recently with her. I was watching one of her videos about book recommendations, and I saw this one book that she RAVED about (Paper Princess). I was in my local book store, saw it and was like 'oh hey, Sasha talked about this, let me buy it'. It's absolute garbage. Like, one of the worst books I've ever read. Super problematic and just... not good writing at all. She made it seem like an actual story but apparently it's by two smut writers (which is okay, but that is not what she made it sound like).
I'm just so frustrated because she either doesn't read the books she promotes, or she does and she's paid to promote them. You can't trust anything she's putting out these days.

introvertedowl
Talker
Talker

Post by introvertedowl »

Sarahbat01 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:06 pm
introvertedowl wrote:
HannyFanny94 wrote:
That's honestly something that really upset me recently with her. I was watching one of her videos about book recommendations, and I saw this one book that she RAVED about (Paper Princess). I was in my local book store, saw it and was like 'oh hey, Sasha talked about this, let me buy it'. It's absolute garbage. Like, one of the worst books I've ever read. Super problematic and just... not good writing at all. She made it seem like an actual story but apparently it's by two smut writers (which is okay, but that is not what she made it sound like).
I'm just so frustrated because she either doesn't read the books she promotes, or she does and she's paid to promote them. You can't trust anything she's putting out these days.
A few of the books that I chose from her recommendations were just incredibly childish in their writing style (I think Doon was one of the ones I tried to read). These were from videos way back when she was still in high school. We're the same age so I figured I could trust her recommendations but picking up some of those books felt like picking up something I would've loved in like 4th or 5th grade in terms of writing style. Honestly the only book she's ever raved about that I picked up and loved was The Kiss of Deception and then after the bad ones I never picked up another book she raved about. I've just been scrolling through her goodreads and omg I'm laughing remembering her huge alien loving phase that happened right before she switched to outlander stan 5ever.

Post by Guest »

introvertedowl wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:57 pm
Sarahbat01 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:06 pm
introvertedowl wrote:
HannyFanny94 wrote:
A few of the books that I chose from her recommendations were just incredibly childish in their writing style (I think Doon was one of the ones I tried to read). These were from videos way back when she was still in high school. We're the same age so I figured I could trust her recommendations but picking up some of those books felt like picking up something I would've loved in like 4th or 5th grade in terms of writing style. Honestly the only book she's ever raved about that I picked up and loved was The Kiss of Deception and then after the bad ones I never picked up another book she raved about. I've just been scrolling through her goodreads and omg I'm laughing remembering her huge alien loving phase that happened right before she switched to outlander stan 5ever.
Oh my gosh The Lux series! 😂 I don’t trust anything that comes out of her mouth honestly. She likes to bash anything that’s popular to bash like Twilight and Fifty Shades. When she does that I always think she’s doing it to look cool for hating on it. I feel with her reading the erotic books it’s no better than FSOG. Some of these books can be pretty bad. 😂 I don’t know. She’s not someone who I would trust for a book recommendation. I went to read Doon when she was obsessing and it wasn’t the greatest. Also all the books she’s reading lately are super quick romance/erotic type novels. I enjoy the cliche romance books from time to time.... and I can usually finish them in a day. Which I feel is why she reading them to keep up with her book challenge video she made. She’s on a no work vacation in case we forgot 🙃 so she has all the time in the world to read now.

My question is why can’t she read back home? She doesn’t write all day I’m sure. So what’s stopping her from reading in her own house. Another thing does she have to travel in order to read or write? Guarantee when she gets back home she will go on a writing retreat to get work done. The only videos she posts on her booktube are those silly little tag videos. For someone who has a ton of books she rarely posts a book review. So does she actually read those books or are they just there to be “bookshelf goals”.

Return to “BookTube”