But honestly that PR post is trashy on so many levels

ja14
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sasha Alsberg (abookutopia)

Post by ja14 »

I would actually find them more interesting if Sasha and Taran were public about a romantic relationship. Then they could be all #couplegoals lol be more entertaining.

Also, she has #travelblogger on her recent post. How can you be a blogger who doesn’t blog?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Also this her first travel trip that doesn’t involve work. 🙄🙄🙄 wow it’s clear you do so much work on all your past trips.

She doesn’t blog her trips or really even vlog unless sponsored or something. Sooooo

Still waiting for that life update video though 🤔

Curious... does she ever repeat outfits?? I see a new look in almost every post. Just wondering because that would be my ultimate goal 😂 I just don’t have the funds to buy clothes now or travel. Hopefully in a year I won’t be saying that. Fingers crossed. I may have money but getting the time off would be the challenging part. Unlike Sasha I have to ask off work and then stress about missing a couple weeks pay. 🙃👍🏻

Karas
Talker
Talker

Post by Karas »

QueenBW wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:18 pm
Also, I remember à while back talking about whether Sasha has an EU passport and someone speculated she did, because of her mother. But she's flying to Italy with a US passport, which would make no sense if she was an EU citizen. Skip the queues and all that.
Maybe, but I know people irl who have dual citizenship and let one passport lapse (or who travel on their less convenient passport so that they get entry stamps).

Post by Guest »

QueenBW wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:18 pm
In case anyone doubts that Project Red will be a lame self insert of Sasha into an Outlander rip off, read the caption.

Screenshot_20190805_151437_com.instagram.android.jpg

Who recreates art for a book that isn't even published or sold to a publisher? What sort of freak is this girl and how does she still have followers?

Also, I remember à while back talking about whether Sasha has an EU passport and someone speculated she did, because of her mother. But she's flying to Italy with a US passport, which would make no sense if she was an EU citizen. Skip the queues and all that.
Why is she doing 'research' from Project Red if the book is already done? Or is it going to be a series of Outlander ripoffs?

ja14
Informer
Informer

Post by ja14 »

Is this supposed to imply they are together?

FionaRay
Learner
Learner

Post by FionaRay »

Not necessarily that but the fact that in the past 1- 2 years, he's been in every single trip of hers and there are other details such as the Instagram picture she removed shortly after she posted it (from when they were in Japan). + constantly promoting his books.

https://scontent.fotp3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5DA48DE8

musiclover12
Informer
Informer

Post by musiclover12 »

I wish I took that many "no work" vacations as she does...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Sarahbat01
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Sarahbat01 »

Okay so I'm not going to lie, I've searched for something like this for awhile. I'm not trying to be a hater or anything, but I've had a ton of concerns about Sasha for awhile now, and because as I've found out, she deletes even constructive criticism and blocks them, I never see anyone else have my views and I was getting really frustrated.
I've been following her since that shoot she did for Shadowhunters. I loved her for so long but she's changed SO MUCH. It's insane. I remember the I'm poor video but then getting a dog, and then getting another dog, and being upset when the first dog was misbehaving but then snapchatting the dog on the table and just laughing about it (so not even training him). I was just like... are you kidding me.
The over editing, her book as a whole... I just can't stand what she has become and I have no idea how other book tubers put up with her honestly.
I really don't want to be hateful but I'm glad I found this so I know I'm not just completely crazy.

Meandmysarcasm35
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Meandmysarcasm35 »

cringeanalyst wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:42 pm
okay i don't know how many of you were familiar with the susan dennard situation but it's weirdly similar to sasha.

she was friends with sjm and had her own books which did...not great. at one point she talked about how if truthwitch didn't do well, she'd basically not be able to be published under her own name again and would have to use a pseudonym to be published - if she even got published at all. she and sjm had some falling out at some point along the way and are no longer friends.

sasha also had a weird friendship with sjm that also mysteriously died off. (not related to publishing, just a weird similarity) but it has me wondering if she'd also have issues getting published again if project red doesn't do well.
Tbf, SJM has a lot of issues with a LOT of authors (Leigh Bardugo, Victoria Aveyard, Susan Dennard, Alexandra Bracken possibly Adam Silvera). There's a strong rumour that SD cut her out because she's toxic and there are some unnamed people who have apparently worked with her who have said she basically takes new-ish authors under her wing until they start to get noticed or get decent sales and then she gets catty. If you look, she only follows like 8 authors on her insta (her main social media, SD follows like 70). Currently I believe it includes Sasha but that might be because her channel has done some promo for her books, rather than because she sees Sasha as an author friend.

cringeobserver123
Lurker
Lurker

Post by cringeobserver123 »

dovahqueen wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:08 pm
HomuraSama16 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:13 pm
QueenBW wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:41 pm
dovahqueen wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:39 pm
HomuraSama16 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:55 pm
So after seeing Sasha going on all these trips and seemingly having so much money I was wondering how much she's gotta be making on YouTube. I went on Social Blade and I don't know exactly how accurate the site is but it said at most she's making about 400 a month and 5,000 yearly! Which begs the question how does she have so much money! I know her families actually really well off so does she have a trust fund or something? Is her dad financially supporting her? Is she getting payed a lot for sponsored videos? I'm pretty sure Zenith didn't make that much and I think the second book may have flopped. Like She's constantly out of the country and is also renting a house in Boston. Where is she getting this money from!? :(
She makes a lot more than that, I believe. She has sponsors for quite a few videos.
Even for instagram posts. I'm sure she makes more than that, plus she has roommates in her Boston apt. But I also don't think she's particularly money savvy. I doubt she's saving, for example.
But even then she travels so often and flights, accommodations add up. Places like Scotland and Japan aren't cheap. How much could she be making from instagram that she could be gone for weeks at time come back home then leave for another month constantly? I mean it's not like she's an instagram model. Also I forgot to add in my original post but I saw a couple of people on here say a while ago she did blackface! Is that true!?
Ooof, I have no idea. If she did, I'd be really interested in seeing proof if anyone has it!
Yeah, I don't keep up with her Instagram too much so I'm not sure how much money she makes off sponsorships/brand deals for that. She's quite young so it's not unlikely that she's getting help from her parents.
A friend of mine pointed me in this direction. Ohhhh my.

I'll start, however, by saying that in Sasha's defense, she has incredibly obvious issues with her self image as is evidenced by her regular posting of pictures of herself that look utterly inhuman/doll-like, so the people bringing up the pettiest of physical comments about her are some of the most cringy people I've seen, its the same difference as patting yourself on the back for being more presentable than Michael Jackson.

That being said Sasha is an utterly talentless and insecure sociopath. Source: I dated her. The assessments of her not caring at all about reading books, her fans, or doing anything actually creatively stimulating are 100% on point, with her subsisting mostly off sponsorships(aside from her fairly fat book deal check split between her and the co-author she hates).

Hilariously, I remember her actually mentioning her current fling, Taran, and how his family owned hotel chains, acknowledging his interest in her and that she was interested in him insofar as him being her sugar daddy was concerned- Very telling with her now apparently perpetually traveling.

Despite how repugnantly she can come across at face value, she is honestly quite pitiable in many ways: From a sister and roomies who use her for cash, having zero body confidence in herself, being an addict to ADD medications, and to being a person who's only ability to produce income is tethered to something she doesn't care at all about and has grown to feel entitled to. She always came across to me as utterly lost at sea- Finding herself in a rare and fortunate situation, but one where she had to completely fake what she was, from her skillset not being one that could produce remotely acceptable books, and her interests/motivation not being tethered to the book industry, but her own ego.

slippers4days
Learner
Learner

Post by slippers4days »

cringeobserver123 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:28 pm

That being said Sasha is an utterly talentless and insecure sociopath. Source: I dated her.
Ohhhh my god! This is crazy. It makes sense if Taran's family owns hotels & has $$ that Sasha can afford this stuff. I assumed it was her dad paying for it but dang. Also, do you know why Sasha and Lindsay had a falling out?

Post by Guest »

slippers4days wrote:
cringeobserver123 wrote:

That being said Sasha is an utterly talentless and insecure sociopath. Source: I dated her.
Ohhhh my god! This is crazy. It makes sense if Taran's family owns hotels & has $$ that Sasha can afford this stuff. I assumed it was her dad paying for it but dang. Also, do you know why Sasha and Lindsay had a falling out?
Not doubting you, but do you have any proof you dated her? Image

DrVanessaPoseidon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrVanessaPoseidon »

slippers4days wrote:
cringeobserver123 wrote:

Wasn’t there a very brief discussion in here about Sasha dating Lindsay’s brother? Besides writing Zenith in Texas, it was rumored that the brother was another reason to move down there. Could that ending and the negative reception of Zenith be the cause?

Post by Guest »

Here’s the info on Taran which explains how he’s always traveling and how Sasha is probably always right beside him....

Not sure if this is his family(I’m assuming so) but if it is ummmmm 😳holy guacamole
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Taran seems like such a nice guy and genuinely loves writing.

QueenBW
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by QueenBW »

Bookieslove23 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:17 pm
It's funny how two people can have such different takes on the same person. I find him extremely obnoxious and self-serving. He couldn't find a book he wanted to read so he wrote the one he wanted to read? FFS. There are literal millions of books out there and probably millions too that are miles better than his will ever be, but the super self-aggrandizing middling author thinks he created some masterpiece that the literary world was missing? Saying that you wrote a book you would have liked to find as a reader is one thing but saying that there were no other books out there for you? Also, he essentially lifts stuff from much better crafted YA fantasies...

Anyways. He and Sasha deserve each other.

Post by Guest »

QueenBW wrote:
Bookieslove23 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:17 pm
It's funny how two people can have such different takes on the same person. I find him extremely obnoxious and self-serving. He couldn't find a book he wanted to read so he wrote the one he wanted to read? FFS. There are literal millions of books out there and probably millions too that are miles better than his will ever be, but the super self-aggrandizing middling author thinks he created some masterpiece that the literary world was missing? Saying that you wrote a book you would have liked to find as a reader is one thing but saying that there were no other books out there for you? Also, he essentially lifts stuff from much better crafted YA fantasies...

Wow. I legit was going off what I’ve seen on his Instagram and the random clips Sasha has of him 😂😂 I’ve never legit looked at articles of him until now 😂 after reading your post I will agree. For him to say he couldn’t find what he was looking for was a stretch... considering how many books there are. I guess that was a way for him to feel like he stood out. I believe Sasha said the same thing with her books. She couldn’t find a certain story so she created either Zenith or project red.

Post by Guest »

Bookieslove23 wrote:
QueenBW wrote: It's funny how two people can have such different takes on the same person. I find him extremely obnoxious and self-serving. He couldn't find a book he wanted to read so he wrote the one he wanted to read? FFS. There are literal millions of books out there and probably millions too that are miles better than his will ever be, but the super self-aggrandizing middling author thinks he created some masterpiece that the literary world was missing? Saying that you wrote a book you would have liked to find as a reader is one thing but saying that there were no other books out there for you? Also, he essentially lifts stuff from much better crafted YA fantasies...

Wow. I legit was going off what I’ve seen on his Instagram and the random clips Sasha has of him ImageImage I’ve never legit looked at articles of him until now Image after reading your post I will agree. For him to say he couldn’t find what he was looking for was a stretch... considering how many books there are. I guess that was a way for him to feel like he stood out. I believe Sasha said the same thing with her books. She couldn’t find a certain story so she created either Zenith or project red.
To be fair though I don’t really think he sounds obnoxious. It sounds like he meant he thought it would be fun to write the book. Of course I don’t know for sure because, well, I’m not in his head. Also, the whole: I wrote the book because I couldn’t find it/write the book you want to read stuff has been around for ever. I really don’t think he meant anything bad by saying that.

QueenBW
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by QueenBW »

baylette wrote:
Bookieslove23 wrote: Wow. I legit was going off what I’ve seen on his Instagram and the random clips Sasha has of him ImageImage I’ve never legit looked at articles of him until now Image after reading your post I will agree. For him to say he couldn’t find what he was looking for was a stretch... considering how many books there are. I guess that was a way for him to feel like he stood out. I believe Sasha said the same thing with her books. She couldn’t find a certain story so she created either Zenith or project red.
To be fair though I don’t really think he sounds obnoxious. It sounds like he meant he thought it would be fun to write the book. Of course I don’t know for sure because, well, I’m not in his head. Also, the whole: I wrote the book because I couldn’t find it/write the book you want to read stuff has been around for ever. I really don’t think he meant anything bad by saying that.

I used that as an example since it was the snapped article posted above but I've read others and he always comes across as not humble at all. As if he were JK Rowling. Comparing his book to Lord of the Rings. Talking about how one meagre internship at Penguin taught him All about the industry. Things like that. I'm sorry, but his are not good books. They sell because they're fun for some but they're not good. They don't deserve to be mentioned in the same line as Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings, but whatever. You don't find him obnoxious, good for you. I for one do, though never as much as Sasha.

Return to “BookTube”