Rupaul's Drag Race Season 7

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Rupaul's Drag Race Season 7

Post by RoseHammer »

I know the season hasn't even started yet ( January 2015, just in time for my B-day!) but I'm just putting up this thread for any and all comments on the new potential charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent that's going to be showcased this season. There have been some little sneak previews, and so far a lot of people seem crestfallen. And to be fair, they're not dressed very well in the previews and some almost seem to be intentionally boring. I'm trying not to judge until the first episode airs...

I will admit I'm excited to see Miss Fame. When I commented on Facebook about how much I loved her makeup tutorials, a couple people kind of came for me and asked "Well does she perform? Is she going to be boring? Just because a queen's pretty doesn't mean she's talented!" ect ect... so naturally I just kinda threw my hands in the air because people were immediately putting words in my mouth when all I did was compliment her on her makeup. Maybe she'll be good, maybe she won't. We have to wait and see!

BoomShaka
Informer
Informer

Re: Rupaul's Drag Race Season 7

Post by BoomShaka »

I'm really excited for it! Season 6 was definitely my favourite season, and I loved most of the queens (Leganja (sp?) annoyed the hell out of me). I've seen some of the previews, and honestly I'm just going to wait and see :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Lookingforsomething
Talker
Talker

Post by Lookingforsomething »

I'm here for this!! Yesss, I LOVED season 6.

Can someone post pictures of the new girls?

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

I think they all could have looked much better... hard to say how they're going to clash. I hope they don't do what they did to Courtney Act and demonize someone who doesn't deserve it. I hate how they did that.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

I love Katya!! Trying to keep my opinions grounded until the first episode airs though, and yeah most of the other Queens seem really boring so far. This is the first season I'll be watching as it airs, super excited. :D

BoomShaka
Informer
Informer

Post by BoomShaka »

HattieChaos wrote:I love Katya!! Trying to keep my opinions grounded until the first episode airs though, and yeah most of the other Queens seem really boring so far. This is the first season I'll be watching as it airs, super excited. :D
I hope you don't mind me asking, but are you from the UK? It's just that I have no clue what to watch it on, as I watched S2-6 on Netflix. I also read that E4 was the only channel in the UK that aired the show, but they stopped airing it a long time ago. So how do you plan to watch it?

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

BoomShaka wrote:
HattieChaos wrote:I love Katya!! Trying to keep my opinions grounded until the first episode airs though, and yeah most of the other Queens seem really boring so far. This is the first season I'll be watching as it airs, super excited. :D
I hope you don't mind me asking, but are you from the UK? It's just that I have no clue what to watch it on, as I watched S2-6 on Netflix. I also read that E4 was the only channel in the UK that aired the show, but they stopped airing it a long time ago. So how do you plan to watch it?

I'm in the same boat, from the UK and watched them all on Netflix. So I have no idea, but I know they put up the episodes on the LogoTV website which I access by using one of those apps that change your IP to appear as if you're from the US (Zenmate, HoláÚnblocker, etc.). I don't know how sóon after airing that they'll put it up though.. Anyone else have any ideas?

OMG_lol
Lurker
Lurker

Post by OMG_lol »

So it finally started! I think its too early to really judge the queens but Im already loving a couple of them.

Katya, could really easily become one of my favorite queens in the show.
Ginger, is really funny and it doesn't seem she will cause any drama. Looking forward on what she has to offer.
Pearl, Im loving her look although she might have a little attitude.
Miss Fame, she is so beautiful but Im afraid she will have no personality.
Violet, she seems very fierce and idk I think maybe top 3 but she is giving me diva and drama queen vibes.
Trixie, Im not a fan of her look but I think its a different and refreshing to see.
Diore, I really dont see anything special in her but maybe a top 7.
Kandy, seems kinda bitchy. I dont think she will make it that far.
Max, she has a very elegant and chic vibe and I just love that, maybe top 3.
Ms Kasha, again doesnt really have offer anything that interesting. Maybe she will leave in the first couple episodes.
Kennedy, I dont like her face (I know its rude but I just feel that way) if she can dance and act she will make it far but Im guessing no more than top 5.
Jasmine, she is a hot mess! She looks unpolished and so far not that talented.
Sasha, who? I barely remember who she is. Bad sign.
Tempest, she only stood up to me because I hated her look (sorry about it) My guess first one to go.

Also for people outside the US, you can watch the eps on watchseries.it. They upload a couple days after its been aired on tv.

Crylaugh
Informer
Informer

Post by Crylaugh »

What's going on with this season? lol

Why are Kandy and Kasha still there? I'm also very meh about Jaidynn.
Max is by far my favourite, gorgeous in and out of drag.
Pearl is stunning, but where's her personality?
Katya is really funny, I didn't expect to like her that much to be honest.
Fame is also gorgeous, but girl hide that tape. I can't believe no one of the judges commented on it.
Ginger seems sweet and she cracks me up sometimes.
Kennedy is definitely not my favourite. She can dance but I don't like her personality nor most of her looks so far.
Trixie totally won me over. I didn't like her make up at all at first, but then I suppose I got used to it. Plus she looks like a sweetheart out of drag.
Tempest looks kind of messy, but I would have liked to get to know her more.
Jasmine is a bitter bitch. Coming for the other queens only because they're younger than her, acting like she's above it all and doesn't care about the show at all, saying that she wouldn't even lipsync for her life if she had to go up against Kennedy, yet she tried her best to win. Bye bitch, glad you're gone.
Violet can pull out some really stunning looks but she seems really bratty.

TrixieMattel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TrixieMattel »

Trixie better make a return... I dunno why Ru put her in the bottom two. She wasn't even that bad.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

TrixieMattel wrote:Trixie better make a return... I dunno why Ru put her in the bottom two. She wasn't even that bad.
I'm sorry she got kicked off, a lot of other people are complaining too. I don't know what it is with this season but it's very iffy and odd. I'm glad that Jasmine Masters' triflin' ass is gone though.

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

I agree that this season is just not flowing. The judges also seem more harsh than seasons passed. I was bummed to see Trixie go. The look was extreme but in a good way. I hope the next few episodes are better. I miss the Willam Belli kind of drama.

Yoshi
Debater
Debater

Post by Yoshi »

There's rumors that Ru eliminated Trixie to cause controversy and that she'll make a return later in the season. And so that they could give Pearl a story line. That would explain why Ru kept Pearl's sleepy ass after that lip sync for your life. Trixie did way better imo.

I like Ginger the most so far. So charming and funny.

TrixieMattel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TrixieMattel »

Spoilers ahead... fairly major, so only view if you want to be spoiled haha.
It's pretty much confirmed that Trixie will return; Katya alluded to it somewhere where she said "you say goodbye to Trixie early and late"; Trixie herself winked when she was asked about in person. A very trusted source on Reddit has also said she might be coming back and taking another queen's spot, which is great.
As for the Top 3:
The Top 3 is on Reddit too if you want to look. It's a bit meh.

whyamihereee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by whyamihereee »

I don't know how to feel about this season, I'm mid episode 5 and so over Pearl!

Yoshi
Debater
Debater

Post by Yoshi »

I love Untucked this season. I like seeing the shots of the queens behind the scenes. Episode 5's Untucked was soo emotional.
[youtube][/youtube]

OMG_lol
Lurker
Lurker

Post by OMG_lol »

I can totally see Trixie being eliminated to cause drama. Trixie and Pearl were friends and worked together even before drag race so ofc its a cheap trick bu we are talking about it. What I cant understand is how Kandy is still in, like what does she do?! (I havent watched episode 6 so maybe that changed). Im loving Max, she is so charming and polite in and out of drag.

Crylaugh
Informer
Informer

Post by Crylaugh »

I take back everything I said about Violet, bitch was killlllling it as Alyssa Edwards in snatch game, and I loved her in untucked with Pearl.

TrixieMattel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TrixieMattel »

Last night's episode was a damn mess.

I think next week they are bringing back all the queens

like-a-dq-blizzard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by like-a-dq-blizzard »

I loved Violet last night. I used to hate her but she's actually growing on me.

I have a pretty strong feeling that Trixie is gonna be the one that comes back. Her lip synch was obviously better and they probably kicked her off to start drama.

I remember I saw a video she made right after she was eliminated and she was hamming up the fact that she got sent home. And Pearl tweeted justicefortrixie that night. That kinda told me she wasn't going to be gone for too long.

Return to “RuPaul's Drag Race”