Monika Blunder

quicksilver
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Monika Blunder

Post by quicksilver »

Any of you guys watching this INCREDIBLE makeup artist working in LA? I'm so excited about her because she's worked her magic on Amanda Seyfriend, Rosie Huntington-Whitely, Karlie Kloss, and so many other celebrity clients.

Her kit is super high-end, but I still love watching her. And her videos are really well-edited and informative. <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mde7wBgdK8U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjSyDUExw6Y

Sugarmomma99
Learner
Learner

Re: Monika Blunder

Post by Sugarmomma99 »

I'm a fan and a subscriber. i like her videos and her work. She's fun to watch and talented. But I don't like the super long intro with all her makeup looks and magazine covers. I just skip over that part :)

Aqus
Debater
Debater

Post by Aqus »

I also think that her videos are sometimes too long but she definitely has fantastic makeup skills and there's loads to learn from her, unlike all those ratty teenage "gurus".

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Waldorfdarling »

Omg I love her! She's so classy and the looks she does on her channel are so effortless and elegant, which is right up my alley. She's slowing becoming one of my favorites on youtube.
XOXO

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Definitely channelling my Lisa Eldridge love with this lady. SUch simple and clean cut looks and she is INCREDIBLY soft spoken! Wow!

Lady_Mary
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lady_Mary »

Has anybody noticed how Monika Blunder is trying to compete with Lisa Eldridge? It is funny how Lisa came up with a Rosie Huntington Whitely Video (performing the makeup actually ON Rosie) and a few days later, Monika basically does the same make up but on an unknown modell....weird much?

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

Non.

Aqus
Debater
Debater

Post by Aqus »

I don't think she's trying to compete, it's more that Rosie is promoting her makeup line on similarly focused channels...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Lady_Mary
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lady_Mary »

Aqus wrote:I don't think she's trying to compete, it's more that Rosie is promoting her makeup line on similarly focused channels...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
could be!

Sugarmomma99
Learner
Learner

Post by Sugarmomma99 »

Like the makeup. Hate the intro - she's always looking somewhere but at the camera! Dislike the camera work. Pity. She is talented and interesting but the camera work is really distracting.

liliana
Lurker
Lurker

Post by liliana »

Lady_Mary wrote:Has anybody noticed how Monika Blunder is trying to compete with Lisa Eldridge? It is funny how Lisa came up with a Rosie Huntington Whitely Video (performing the makeup actually ON Rosie) and a few days later, Monika basically does the same make up but on an unknown modell....weird much?
I know exactly what you mean. I don't know if I'd use the word compete, but she definitely seems to be "inspired" by Lisa. The thumbnail for the Brigitte Bardot look she did is very Lisa-esque and very much looks like her style. And there are other videos of Monica's where I've noticed other similarities. This is in contrast to Charlotte Tilbury who very much has her own style and whose videos were distinct from Lisa's, even before Charlotte turned her channel into more of a running commercial for her line. It makes me wonder if Monica was the person Lisa was alluding to a while back when she posted a very frustrated sounding comment about being bothered by putting in so much work to make quality videos only to have other folks copy her. Some thought she was referring to the Pixiwoos, but they've all shared the YT space for years with no issues so I doubt that.

Lady_Mary
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lady_Mary »

liliana wrote:
Lady_Mary wrote:Has anybody noticed how Monika Blunder is trying to compete with Lisa Eldridge? It is funny how Lisa came up with a Rosie Huntington Whitely Video (performing the makeup actually ON Rosie) and a few days later, Monika basically does the same make up but on an unknown modell....weird much?
I know exactly what you mean. I don't know if I'd use the word compete, but she definitely seems to be "inspired" by Lisa. The thumbnail for the Brigitte Bardot look she did is very Lisa-esque and very much looks like her style. And there are other videos of Monica's where I've noticed other similarities. This is in contrast to Charlotte Tilbury who very much has her own style and whose videos were distinct from Lisa's, even before Charlotte turned her channel into more of a running commercial for her line. It makes me wonder if Monica was the person Lisa was alluding to a while back when she posted a very frustrated sounding comment about being bothered by putting in so much work to make quality videos only to have other folks copy her. Some thought she was referring to the Pixiwoos, but they've all shared the YT space for years with no issues so I doubt that.
WOW that slipped my attention! Yeah and there are sooo many similarities between the themes of lisa's videos and monika's. I gotta admit though: I prefer Lisa's, because she doesnt use 50 different products to achieve the look. Also Monika doesn't show many alternatives for her products and they are mostly luxury brands which I cannot afford.

Brigante
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Brigante »

Even her name irritates me, not a fan of either her or her so called skills.

warmbrowns
Learner
Learner

Post by warmbrowns »

She's one of my favorite artists to watch. Always great makeup, quality products (not promoted items) and she is all about emphasizing one's features. She appears to be classy and very polite.

Return to “Monika Blunder”