Thatcher Joe Part 8 - Byron featuring edgy Joe Sugg

ElizabethMarks
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Thatcher Joe Part 8 - Byron featuring edgy Joe Sugg

Post by ElizabethMarks »

Lamour88 wrote:Hope you guys go into all the threads for women YTers on here and tell everyone that commenting on looks should be off limits. :roll: Keep that same energy.
People do that as well, but those posters are usually ridiculed. Also they tell you to get out because they point at the 'trash' in the thread name. I don't really understand a world where you have to defend not being a horrible person.
This isn't directed at you, but Dianne looks old to some, so what, the pursuit of youth is literally pointless (or actually expecting it from everyone is pointless). He looks too old and too young at the same time, so what, we don't have to live in his body.

I always wonder about the people who write horrendous comments about people's appearances, especially about female youtubers. Are they like that in real life too and if so, then who wants to be their friend? :tu: Like Zoe's is filled with her looks. How many times can people say she looks bad because of her health, eating habits, blonde hair color, brown hair color, acne, puffy skin, long hair, short hair, eyebrows, nose, teeth, make up, wrinkles, face shape, body shape, ankles, skinny legs. And then laugh at screenshots of her for about three pages. Didn't all parents teach that we don't judge people on their appearance? :D And will those people actually teach their children to act the way they do?

Anyway, as it's the beginning of a wonderful new year, I was wondering if some of you would like to write what you personally want to see this year from him/his channel. Any cool video ideas you always wanted to see him do? Any people you wished he had on his channel? Ideas for his mainstream career?

I don't expect any of this, because it's not my channel or life, but I personally would find the below pretty cool to watch (I enjoy watching him with the Strictly crowd, so it heavily leans towards that):

- I'd love to see him learn the rumba and tango like Dianne suggested. I think those could be cool videos and they could choose some better music then they had on Strictly. Hopefully, he will keep up his dancing, he can be the founder of 'Waltzing for Millennial Londoners' in like Shoreditch :D tails and gowns included.
- I definitely want to see a reaction video of their final dances.
- Neil Jones :D They still have that icy bath waiting for them and I think they have a similar sense of humor. I like Neil's Nell de Jaunse character and I like little sketch videos and they could be an interesting pair.
- Background footage from Strictly Live tour and Dianne's tours.
- A vlog series about a trip to Australia (or anywhere new).
- I enjoy his vlogs from his hometown, the Wiltshire area and his hometown are so beautiful.
- Maybe he will spend more time with Zoe, now that he is also in a relationship, I enjoy them spending time together.

- I hope he gets some more mainstream opportunities, if he likes that kind of world, I'm not sure where I'd see him though. I think he was quite good at presenting last night when he has a script and a structure. Maybe not yet confident to just blabber on, which is definitely needed in this field. I wonder if he would be a good guest on some funny panel shows. I'd like to see how he would do in something like Would I Lie to You. But maybe he would like the more private world of voice over work.

Hope it will be a productive and fun year for him, maybe some time off from YT world worked well for him. New people in his life, new opportunities, spending time with people with different career paths.

Have an amazing new year! <3 <3 <3 I hope you all achieve everything you wanted to or that at least you'll be able to learn from experiences which might not always go as you wanted to.

noodlebum
Learner
Learner

Post by noodlebum »

ElizabethMarks wrote:
I don't really understand a world where you have to defend not being a horrible person.
This isn't directed at you, but Dianne looks old to some, so what, the pursuit of youth is literally pointless (or actually expecting it from everyone is pointless).
I didn't want to quote your entire message but I agreed with all the points you made, especially the two above. Bitching about someone being a twat is fair enough, but not for things people can't help.

I like the idea of a comedy-type video with Neil Jones, and more dancing ones. Maybe some kind of challenge with his friends that involves dance somehow, but I'm not sure how that would work.
Also I hope he gets more comedy/voice work as it's one of his strengths.
Spending more time visiting rural places rather than Dubai etc. would be nice, and Australia as he said he also has family out there.
I hope he starts growing out of his 'get wasted all the time, party boy' ways a bit more this year, bit don't have high hopes for that!

B3733
Talker
Talker

Post by B3733 »

noodlebum wrote:
ElizabethMarks wrote:
I don't really understand a world where you have to defend not being a horrible person.
This isn't directed at you, but Dianne looks old to some, so what, the pursuit of youth is literally pointless (or actually expecting it from everyone is pointless).
I didn't want to quote your entire message but I agreed with all the points you made, especially the two above. Bitching about someone being a twat is fair enough, but not for things people can't help.

I like the idea of a comedy-type video with Neil Jones, and more dancing ones. Maybe some kind of challenge with his friends that involves dance somehow, but I'm not sure how that would work.
Also I hope he gets more comedy/voice work as it's one of his strengths.
Spending more time visiting rural places rather than Dubai etc. would be nice, and Australia as he said he also has family out there.
I hope he starts growing out of his 'get wasted all the time, party boy' ways a bit more this year, bit don't have high hopes for that!
Yes to this comment. I do not care if someone comments on other’s appearances if it’s something they can change (like bad diet causing bad skin or something) but it seems fruitless and wrong to criticize something that someone can’t change. I just always notice people comment on things with everyone that they cannot change and it bothers me because I want to shake the person and ask “ok so what do you expect so and so to do about this?” Bc there’s really not much to be done about joe looking young/Dianne looking old etc.

I don’t personally watch joe’s videos regularly so don’t have much to add on that but I’d love to see more videos of him acting more natural for the camera and less into his friends

LauraSparke35
Talker
Talker

Post by LauraSparke35 »

I personally don't see it as criticizing, but just as a comment. It's a reality that she looks way older than him, and it's shocking when they post a picture together (specially if it's a cute/romantic picture). Joanne are still a pretty new couple so I guess it will take a bit of time for us to get used to seeing them together without pointing this out. But again, I don't see any malice in it and don't think anyone here says it like it's a bad thing. It's just surprising.

Btw, does anyone else think Dianne would look waaaay better with a different hair colour? Each to their own obviously, but I don't think that incredibly saturated (and unnatural in the colour spectrum) shade of red would suit even a victoria's secret model. Dianne lovers please don't kill me but I feel like it ages her and makes her look a bit witchy. Like a 4th Sanderson sister.

MaisieNellie92
Learner
Learner

Post by MaisieNellie92 »

LauraSparke35 wrote:I personally don't see it as criticizing, but just as a comment. It's a reality that she looks way older than him, and it's shocking when they post a picture together (specially if it's a cute/romantic picture). Joanne are still a pretty new couple so I guess it will take a bit of time for us to get used to seeing them together without pointing this out. But again, I don't see any malice in it and don't think anyone here says it like it's a bad thing. It's just surprising.

Btw, does anyone else think Dianne would look waaaay better with a different hair colour? Each to their own obviously, but I don't think that incredibly saturated (and unnatural in the colour spectrum) shade of red would suit even a victoria's secret model. Dianne lovers please don't kill me but I feel like it ages her and makes her look a bit witchy. Like a 4th Sanderson sister.
I think it’s an exaggeration that she looks ‘way’ older or that they look ‘shocking’ together. Joe’s a weird one for me, some days he looks his age and looks good/attractive, and other days he looks very drawn and malnourished! Also the way he dresses makes a big difference depending on the day. It’s quite surprising how different he used to look when he had a bit more fat and muscle on him.

I agree with you on Dianne's hair colour, I hope she changes it up this year. Also I think she needs a stylist.

Femihood90
Learner
Learner

Post by Femihood90 »

I remember back in September I said I would love to see Dianne with her natural brunette hair(NOT the jet black she had in 2011/2012) especially with her olive skin tone and big brown eyes. I think she looks the best when she doesn't have on make up or the fake strictly tan. I just hope she doesn't go blonde again so I'll keep my mouth shut and be happy with the red Image
LauraSparke35 wrote:I personally don't see it as criticizing, but just as a comment. It's a reality that she looks way older than him, and it's shocking when they post a picture together (specially if it's a cute/romantic picture). Joanne are still a pretty new couple so I guess it will take a bit of time for us to get used to seeing them together without pointing this out. But again, I don't see any malice in it and don't think anyone here says it like it's a bad thing. It's just surprising.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

BaconBaconBacon
Informer
Informer

Post by BaconBaconBacon »

Not sure if her hair makes her look older or the pics of her with natural hair she’s just younger looking because they’re from years ago. I think it does suit her and with her profession it might be good but I do think natural hair would look better on her.

Also, as someone who’s the same age as Joe but gets mistaken for 15, I get why people are upset over the whole “she looks too old” thing. I know it’s not meant to be personal and this is just a gossip site but it can be exhausting to hear even if it’s about someone else. Yes, she looks a bit older at times, yes he can look both 15 and 35, yes this is nothing compared to what female youtubers (especially Zoe) get but maybe we should just drop it as it’s just become an argument at this point.

He seems to really like her, and from what he’s said about other relationships I don’t think he ever saw potential in them where this one he’s already saying things suggesting a future like when he poked fun that they can’t get a dog together because of her tamagotchi. I find it really odd that they didn’t seem to even make it official with each other until they posted that first pic the day after Strictly and he’s already acting as if they’ve been together for ages. That’s what makes me think there’s a little PR involved. Sure, the feelings are real but all the posting about it was maybe suggested by someone else. Unless he drops everything and becomes a daily vlogger that travels with her (which would be stupid considering the opportunities he must be getting from all of this) I don’t see much potential in them after the Strictly tour when she’s back on the road again for 2 more tours herself and then soon after that on another season of Strictly.

I hope he has all of this in mind and doesn’t get shocked by it all if things go south during that point. I also wonder if he does ever get another girlfriend, if he’ll be public with her. I feel like this has gotten him tons of attention, both good and bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doinglifemyownway
Learner
Learner

Post by doinglifemyownway »

BaconBaconBacon wrote:Not sure if her hair makes her look older or the pics of her with natural hair she’s just younger looking because they’re from years ago. I think it does suit her and with her profession it might be good but I do think natural hair would look better on her.

Also, as someone who’s the same age as Joe but gets mistaken for 15, I get why people are upset over the whole “she looks too old” thing. I know it’s not meant to be personal and this is just a gossip site but it can be exhausting to hear even if it’s about someone else. Yes, she looks a bit older at times, yes he can look both 15 and 35, yes this is nothing compared to what female youtubers (especially Zoe) get but maybe we should just drop it as it’s just become an argument at this point.

He seems to really like her, and from what he’s said about other relationships I don’t think he ever saw potential in them where this one he’s already saying things suggesting a future like when he poked fun that they can’t get a dog together because of her tamagotchi. I find it really odd that they didn’t seem to even make it official with each other until they posted that first pic the day after Strictly and he’s already acting as if they’ve been together for ages. That’s what makes me think there’s a little PR involved. Sure, the feelings are real but all the posting about it was maybe suggested by someone else. Unless he drops everything and becomes a daily vlogger that travels with her (which would be stupid considering the opportunities he must be getting from all of this) I don’t see much potential in them after the Strictly tour when she’s back on the road again for 2 more tours herself and then soon after that on another season of Strictly.

I hope he has all of this in mind and doesn’t get shocked by it all if things go south during that point. I also wonder if he does ever get another girlfriend, if he’ll be public with her. I feel like this has gotten him tons of attention, both good and bad.

I agree with you, obviously they get on really well and love each other, but I'm shocked how quick the relationships progress, it's like he's completely change overnight. He's gone from being reserve/not wanting to rush anything, to a full blown relationship. If you just happen to stumble across there videos and Insta and didn't know who they were you would think they'd have been together for a year or more not 3 months.

I mean we could be wrong, but as well I couldn't see Joe dropping everything to become a daily vlogger and follower her around. I think if they're still together when she's on tour he'll do it for like a week but I can see him doing it for months on end. I think he'll get offerd to many opportunities he won't want to miss out on.

Although their planing there future together, I don't think it's crossed Joe's mind about if things go south as there still sort of in the honeymoon stage of there relationship and Joe will be for sometime as the whole having a proper girlfriend is so new to him.

I think if they ever were to break up and he found someone new I think unless they were a fellow YouTube/influencer he'd keep it private for as long as possible so he's not stalked by the media.

As the relationships going so fast be interesting to see if he lets Dianne move in with him in the next few months. As the moment you mov in weather you're dating or married your entitled to half of everything.

LauraSparke35
Talker
Talker

Post by LauraSparke35 »

MaisieNellie92 wrote:I think it’s an exaggeration that she looks ‘way’ older or that they look ‘shocking’ together. Joe’s a weird one for me, some days he looks his age and looks good/attractive, and other days he looks very drawn and malnourished! Also the way he dresses makes a big difference depending on the day. It’s quite surprising how different he used to look when he had a bit more fat and muscle on him.
Yes I agree, I think I didn't explain myself well enough. I didn't mean to say they look shocking, but that personally when I go on Joe's instastories and a video of them pop's up (like the one he posted on the 31st) my first reaction is to go "wow". Then it passes and I continue watching the video hahaha but that's what I was trying to say.

I also think they are going so fast..! Good for them, I guess it shows they are happy and comfortable enough to act romantic and sweet on social media. But that is definitely shocking coming from Joe. When I saw the pic he posted kissing Dianne on the forhead I though It wasn't going to be long until we see a full on Joanne kiss.

B3733
Talker
Talker

Post by B3733 »

Femihood90 wrote:I remember back in September I said I would love to see Dianne with her natural brunette hair(NOT the jet black she had in 2011/2012) especially with her olive skin tone and big brown eyes. I think she looks the best when she doesn't have on make up or the fake strictly tan. I just hope she doesn't go blonde again so I'll keep my mouth shut and be happy with the red Image

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
Lol I have to say that when I saw pictures of her without the red, I saw her blonde and dark, I actually think she looked best with red. But agreed I think it was bc those other pics were old. I’d be curious to see what she looks like now with another hair color, maybe a soft or darkish brown. I agree I don’t like the spray tan, it looks kind of muddy sometimes

Uselesstube
Learner
Learner

Post by Uselesstube »

He did a pretty good job on the new years eve presenting gig so I hope he does more presenting-type work this year and really drops the whole prank video shebang, I know this couldn't happen till next September but I could definitely see him being a reporter on strictly's 'It takes two' like Gethin Jones does at the moment?

GetRichFromLies
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GetRichFromLies »

Does anyone have any pics of Diane's many hair colours they can post here please? I think she'd look best with less yellow tan (or none) and really nice light brown hair. She's obviously really good at maintaining coloured hair and not letting it look grown out, so maybe a pastel pink or lavender would be nice for a while (though In The Frow shows how disastrous lighter hair can look when you go overboard on fake tan, and as Diane's a dancer she might need to consider that). I agree with the poster who said the bright red is ageing and not nice. She reminds me of a forty-something mum trying to look all cool, especially when she wears some of her awful outfits like snakeskin trousers with wedge heels. When they do the group dances on the show it helps her get attention on her, but it also jars with the look of the dance. Unless they're all in halloween or punk style, but most of the time they're in beautiful old fashioned dresses and hair styles and Diane sticks out like a sore thumb.

MrsParker
Debater
Debater

Post by MrsParker »

First-time poster on Joe’s thread. I just can’t with all of his Instagram stories right now. I find the two of them insufferable and Diane looks super old compared to him. Even though I know she’s only a couple of years older. I don’t know if it’s her hair or makeup or what, but it’s aging her. They just annoy me, lol.

doinglifemyownway
Learner
Learner

MrsParker wrote:First-time poster on Joe’s thread. I just can’t with all of his Instagram stories right now. I find the two of them insufferable and Diane looks super old compared to him. Even though I know she’s only a couple of years older. I don’t know if it’s her hair or makeup or what, but it’s aging her. They just annoy me, lol. Image

I can't with all the insta stories either, I don't know want it is, but there stories just seem completely different to how they acted throughout there time on strictly. Almost seem a bit fake/staged, do you think they're starting to see the relationship a bit differently now they're spending actually time together and not just dancing 12hrs a day.

I've also noticed apart from Zoe liking Joe's post from Yesterday her and Alfie haven't like anything Joe and Dianne have post on Instagram over the last week.

Do you think Zoe and Alfie are jealous of all the media attention they're getting? Also I know Zoe seemed to really like Dianne in vlogs they've been in together and seems really happy for Joe, but do you thin maybe she doesn't like her now as she not instantly turn into the new Poppy/Mark wanting to do everything together.

Also I will feel sorry for Dianne, if they do break up as at the moment fans are forever saying she's the best thing ever and there the best coupe of the year, yet the moment they break up all Joe's fans will be right b*****'s to her.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

His "relationship" has definitely spiked his brand but he is still struggling I don't see so much romance but I'm just going by the vlogs he's done. He mentions paps and reporters hounding his family, I can see that but is that what the public is interested in? Is this "relationship" news over in the UK? I just see this as a big PR stunt, I don't see it lasting the rest of the year but I could be wrong. Both are benefiting from the attention so why not?

doinglifemyownway
Learner
Learner

LadyBugB wrote:His "relationship" has definitely spiked his brand but he is still struggling I don't see so much romance but I'm just going by the vlogs he's done. He mentions paps and reporters hounding his family, I can see that but is that what the public is interested in? Is this "relationship" news over in the UK? I just see this as a big PR stunt, I don't see it lasting the rest of the year but I could be wrong. Both are benefiting from the attention so why not?
Everything him or Dianne share on social media is turned in to a news article. I don't know if it makes printed paper, but there's article about them daily on all the major new sites and some magazines site. Reading from the comments on the Daily mail people's are sick of reading articles about them.
It's defiantly a big PR stunt the stuff they write is just like reading articles about kardashians.

Also I've notice quite a few people commenting on the DM that he's secretly gay. Does anyone here get the gay vibe as I don't.

BaconBaconBacon
Informer
Informer

Post by BaconBaconBacon »

I’ve never gotten gay vibes from him. It’s just his stature and overall appearance that make people say that which is dumb. He’s a typical “pretty boy”. No different than a Justin Bieber or One Direction, they all get called gay for one reason or another.

I’m also getting annoyed with the constant PDA on Instagram. It’s more Dianne but she has an annoying social media presence in general, it’s just very surprising that Joe is doing it as much as he is (surprising he’s doing it at all really) I wonder if it will die down after the Strictly tour.

Also just saw she just posted an insta story that she’s making breakfast at his house. Considering they just had a little getaway together, you’d think she’d be sleeping at home unless she’s already moving in Seems like Byron’s gf has kinda moved in too. I’m sure he can afford it and doesn’t really care, but I would be annoyed if I was the only one paying rent with 3 other people living with me lol

doinglifemyownway
Learner
Learner

BaconBaconBacon wrote:I’ve never gotten gay vibes from him. It’s just his stature and overall appearance that make people say that which is dumb. He’s a typical “pretty boy”. No different than a Justin Bieber or One Direction, they all get called gay for one reason or another.

I’m also getting annoyed with the constant PDA on Instagram. It’s more Dianne but she has an annoying social media presence in general, it’s just very surprising that Joe is doing it as much as he is (surprising he’s doing it at all really) I wonder if it will die down after the Strictly tour.

Also just saw she just posted an insta story that she’s making breakfast at his house. Considering they just had a little getaway together, you’d think she’d be sleeping at home unless she’s already moving in Image Seems like Byron’s gf has kinda moved in too. I’m sure he can afford it and doesn’t really care, but I would be annoyed if I was the only one paying rent with 3 other people living with me lol

I saw the insta story as well and thought she'd be sleeping at home. It looks like she's moved in though as they've been together everyday since New Years Eve. Which I'm surprised at as Joe never seemed like the person to move someone in that quick. I think as this is his first real Girlfriend he just doesn't really know what to do. So is trying to tick of relationship milestones as quickly as possible incase it ends.

MaisieNellie92
Learner
Learner

Post by MaisieNellie92 »

I don’t think it’s that unusual that’s she’s staying back at his? Most couples I know spend every night together if they can until they officially move in together.

I believe Dianne has a flat mate somewhere but will probably officially move in with Joe once her lease term is up. At least that’s how most couples do it!?

I guess it might look like it’s happening very quickly but they spent SO much time together during Strictly, which was a high pressured experience, so I think they know how much of each other they can handle already. I hope they don’t rush into getting married or anything, but I’ve know friends and acquaintances to move quite quickly in relationships once they’re at a certain age (late twenties).

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

BaconBaconBacon wrote:I’ve never gotten gay vibes from him. It’s just his stature and overall appearance that make people say that which is dumb. He’s a typical “pretty boy”. No different than a Justin Bieber or One Direction, they all get called gay for one reason or another.

Also just saw she just posted an insta story that she’s making breakfast at his house. Considering they just had a little getaway together, you’d think she’d be sleeping at home unless she’s already moving in Image Seems like Byron’s gf has kinda moved in too. I’m sure he can afford it and doesn’t really care, but I would be annoyed if I was the only one paying rent with 3 other people living with me lol

Joe owns the house and pays a mortgage. Byron doesn’t live there for free he has rent to pay.

Return to “Thatcher Joe”