Thatcher Joe Part 5 - The Sugg Who Chugs

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Thatcher Joe Part 5 - The Sugg Who Chugs

Post by EST »

chubcheeks wrote:Guys, aren't the British people supposed to vote for the Brexit today? But they're all in LA, man i thought this concerns the country's future though :(
Well...they can vote in the EU referendum on Brexit but they don't have to vote *for* it. :) I don't think Joe has said anything about it? Which I think is fine, because most of his audience probably aren't old enough to vote. Maybe it'll come up in his vlog segment where he discusses the news. :roll: If he's on a plane/already in LA then he could have voted by post or proxy, ditto all the other British YouTubers in LA. From the Gleamers, I think Jim & Zoe have mentioned it/encouraged people to vote.

Harry/Wroetoshaw and Miniminter's tweets on this today are probably indicative of how a lot of YouTubers their age feel about it...

Nicki_Minaj2
Learner
Learner

Post by Nicki_Minaj2 »

EST wrote:If he's on a plane/already in LA then he could have voted by post or proxy
I didn't know this was an option, thank you for letting me know :P

mp1416
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mp1416 »

Quite a few Gleam people have tweeted about the referendum and encouraged their audience, if eligible, to vote. Even Tanya Burr, who I have the least time for out of the Gleam lot.... I never thought I would have more respect for her (in relation to anything) than for Joe, but here we are.

Obviously it's not the end of the world that he hasn't commented on it, but it's just one in a long line of disappointing moves from Joe lately... He's sort of being going downhill. Not in a way that annoys me, but I'm becoming so disinterested in him. I can't remember the last time I watched any of his videos, including vlogs (which I always preferred).

Hopefully he pulls it back soon.

halkatlaa
Debater
Debater

Post by halkatlaa »

EST wrote:
chubcheeks wrote:Guys, aren't the British people supposed to vote for the Brexit today? But they're all in LA, man i thought this concerns the country's future though :(
Well...they can vote in the EU referendum on Brexit but they don't have to vote *for* it. :) I don't think Joe has said anything about it? Which I think is fine, because most of his audience probably aren't old enough to vote. Maybe it'll come up in his vlog segment where he discusses the news. :roll: If he's on a plane/already in LA then he could have voted by post or proxy, ditto all the other British YouTubers in LA. From the Gleamers, I think Jim & Zoe have mentioned it/encouraged people to vote.

Harry/Wroetoshaw and Miniminter's tweets on this today are probably indicative of how a lot of YouTubers their age feel about it...
I think they should encourage people to vote!
As most off you know I am a huge Sidemen fan, mainly Harry and Simon. but Harry's tweets were not good. even if he can't vote himself he should either tell people that there votes count or shut up.

even if most off Joe's audience is not old enough to vote, it is still better if he tells them that it's important to do so, so it's most likely that they will vote in the future.

But I think Harry's view on this is unfortunately how many 18-20 year olds feel about this. :?
[tweet][/tweet]
Icelandic so sorry for spelling mistakes :D

ClipClap
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ClipClap »

In the UK you can easily get a postal vote or even vote by proxy if last minute.

Several of my friends got the postal vote and voted weeks ago.
I usually use my phone - autocorrect (Swype) mistakes are unintentional.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

Well they're grown people, it's their own decision on if they want to vote or not, so I don't care. No one is gonna stop their life or vacations just for a day to vote, youtuber or not, lets be real here.

Nesoi
Naughty
Naughty

Post by Nesoi »

Weird Vagina wrote::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't think private thread is a good idea, pls don't do it...

seriously trolls up their game lol I also think it looks like something joe would say too lol

and why the fuck username 'GoodSnacksTakeTime' loooool this thread is fucking weird

I think mods can check ip adress? smars, can you check up that accounts ip adress? I bet it's not even from uk lol
Mods cannot give out any personal info of users or IPs, so please do not ask. It would be a serious violation of security and if this ever occurs the police will be notified :tu:

chubcheeks
Talker
Talker

Post by chubcheeks »

halkatlaa wrote:
EST wrote:

I think they should encourage people to vote!
As most off you know I am a huge Sidemen fan, mainly Harry and Simon. but Harry's tweets were not good. even if he can't vote himself he should either tell people that there votes count or shut up.

even if most off Joe's audience is not old enough to vote, it is still better if he tells them that it's important to do so, so it's most likely that they will vote in the future.

But I think Harry's view on this is unfortunately how many 18-20 year olds feel about this. :?
[tweet][/tweet]
Absolutely dislike this mentality, even if what you chose for didn't end up winning by at least you made the effort to go out to vote. If there's hundreds thinking like him, then there will be hundreds of votes wasted just like that :(

rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rachz »

^ that Harry kid's mentality is an absolute piss-take and it makes me furious.

I live in Scotland and we are livid with the results. We did not ask for this, we did not vote for this, so do not impose it on us.

I also didn't appreciate Joe basically making fun of the whole situation (his in out in out shake it all about tweet) - this group of YTs is so far removed from the reality with their wads of cash shoved so far up their arses. Ofc they won't give two shits, they can afford visas for other countries, they've got so much dosh that they don't care if the property market collapses, or that the youth of the country will struggle to get jobs.

In my eyes stupid punks like this Harry kid are as bad as, if not worse, than the elder folk that voted out to "stop them immigrants" despite it affecting the younger generation 100x more.

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

^ I hope he regrets that now, given how close the vote actually was. (Is there a general thread on GG where we can talk about this?) It's sad that they're all so far removed from reality because they don't have to care. The reaction from his YT mates seems to be mostly shock/surprise, but how many of them bothered to vote? I resent people who complain about the result when they didn't bother to vote. (Then there's Mikey's tweet, which someone will have to translate because I have no idea WTF he's talking about:

---

I see he's started doing #Ad on snapchat. I guess we can expect more of this from all of them, given that their snaps probably reach a larger audience than their tweets do. Also explains why they've all been pushing for followers on it for a while.

He doesn't seem to have any kind of meet & greet arranged at VidCon. I still think it's awful of them to just show up there without announcing it beforehand & I'm glad their fans have noticed this:

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

EST wrote:^ I hope he regrets that now, given how close the vote actually was. (Is there a general thread on GG where we can talk about this?) It's sad that they're all so far removed from reality because they don't have to care. The reaction from his YT mates seems to be mostly shock/surprise, but how many of them bothered to vote? I resent people who complain about the result when they didn't bother to vote. (Then there's Mikey's tweet, which someone will have to translate because I have no idea WTF he's talking about:
I created a thread as requested if you guys want to continue you're discussion on there as well. It prob won't be that much of an inconsideration if you talk about it on here as this isn't a very fast moving thread but I will just remind y'alll to be respectful and tolerant of other ppl's opinions and viewpoints.

If you want to go more in depth however here is the link: http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=30572

rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rachz »

^ cheers Smars :)

--

Re- the lack of vidcon meet up, that's really shit of them, do they not realise how much people are paying to go and see their favourite YTs, only to find out they can only see them from the back of the room.
I've also noticed more YTs doing #ad snapchats, clearly a law somewhere has changed.

rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rachz »

EST wrote:(Then there's Mikey's tweet, which someone will have to translate because I have no idea WTF he's talking about:
Looking at the timestamp, he posted that part way through the night when only some of the results were out and it looked like the Remain campaign fronted by Cameron was going to win

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

rachz wrote:
EST wrote:(Then there's Mikey's tweet, which someone will have to translate because I have no idea WTF he's talking about:
Looking at the timestamp, he posted that part way through the night when only some of the results were out and it looked like the Remain campaign fronted by Cameron was going to win
He posted it at 10.13 in the morning?! Around the time Cameron resigned. Don't know if he was just confused....

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

horatio wrote:
rachz wrote:
He posted it at 10.13 in the morning?! Around the time Cameron resigned. Don't know if he was just confused....
He's in LA, so, time difference. I'm assuming they were drinking on Thursday night when they heard the news, hence drunk tweets not making sense.

Anyway, I bet Joe votes Conservative.

ClipClap
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ClipClap »

rachz wrote:^ cheers Smars :)

--

Re- the lack of vidcon meet up, that's really shit of them, do they not realise how much people are paying to go and see their favourite YTs, only to find out they can only see them from the back of the room.
I've also noticed more YTs doing #ad snapchats, clearly a law somewhere has changed.
But they hadn't announced they were going?

If you don't announce you're going and turn up = bonus.
If you announce you're going and don't do meetips then yeah, that's not cool, but that didn't happen here and no one is out of pocket because of them.
I usually use my phone - autocorrect (Swype) mistakes are unintentional.

kissaphobic
Talker
Talker

Post by kissaphobic »

It's amazing how quickly you can lose interest in a person. I don't care about anything he's done recently and barely watch any of his videos. He really needs to pull himself together soon.. Which probably won't happen because he's a Sugg. I'm actually really annoyed and sad that he's slowly turning into Joella, like someone said :(
English isn't my first language, so there's a good chance I'll make mistakes or express myself the wrong way. Sorry :D•••

Nicki_Minaj2
Learner
Learner

Post by Nicki_Minaj2 »

I feel he didn't annouce he was going to vidcon because then he didn't have to book any meet and greets (I think someone on here mentioned about how bored he looks in fan photos) that way he doesn't have to stand there being 'bored' all day.

He can just go do what he wants at vidcon and party all night long with no meet and greet to get up to in the morning. As long as he takes the odd fan photo along the way he can go wherever he wants, meet who he wants, get off with who he wants and shag who he wants. :rofl:

Typical current Joe behaviour if you ask me.

CaKeKylie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CaKeKylie »

I see he's not vloging Vidcon. Mess. :?

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

Caspar and Joe already left vidcon yesterday to film. Them announcing HITUSA was obviously meant to be a surprise so thats probably why it wasn't announced. It's not that deep.

Return to “Thatcher Joe”