Thatcher Joe Part 3 - The Sugg Without A Pug

lovelyaura
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Thatcher Joe Part 3 - The Sugg Without A Pug

Post by lovelyaura »

I don't know how much he earned back then but when you've worked there for four years while living with your dad, he sure could have started saving the money. he also started YouTube where he also earned money and he never denied the fact his money comes from YouTube?? his job IS YouTube??? so ofc he's getting money.

Well his dad worked with properties so he's more likely to help him with all of that while his mum just helps him with the bits and pieces. I wouldn't put too much thought in the relationships with his parents, he's just closer to his dad but he's seen his mum whenever she came to Brighton

bettyconfeti
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by bettyconfeti »

Hi , it's my first time here but I'm all caught up! x

About his last vlog, I thought the thatching comment was a comparison to how it didn't make money as much as YouTube. Because didn't he say he worked as a Thacher for 3/4 years and he's not been doing YouTube as long? Unless I'm wrong.

rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rachz »

YevMilcovich wrote:So does anyone know what the deal is with his mum? Is she married now? I get a sense when his parents broke up it wasn't pretty...
I feel the same - they honestly don't seem very close to their mum at all, especially compared to how close they are with their dad.

I doubt he meant that he got all his money from thatching. Joe's an honest enough person if anything, and I'd give him the benefit of the doubt because he probably didn't realise it could be interpreted that way.
I honestly hope he doesn't think he's become too good for all his YT stuff now that he's able to afford luxury flats in central London

grumpysod
Talker
Talker

Post by grumpysod »

Was he not a apprentice roof thatcher? Apprentices get paid about £3.50 an hour if they are lucky. Even once qualified I don't think thatching is the kind of job that pays for London properties and designer gear.

Joe is one of the few youtubers I like from the 'Brit crew'........ Perhaps it is just envy but something about his last video really didn't go down well with me at all. It is the first time I have watched Joe and thought he sounded slightly up his own arse. Look at me I'm 24 and I've made it. Well great for you Joe but many of your viewers will never be able to afford to buy a home, let alone in London.

lovelyaura
Debater
Debater

Post by lovelyaura »

I really do not understand how he was supposed to appear stuck up in that video? He just sounded rather proud of himself which he def is allowed to be. He is proud of the fact that he is able to afford a house at the age of 24 and he obv knows that it is a good investment for the future. Who wouldn't be proud of that but there is still a difference between that and bragging.

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

I do have to admit I did feel a tinge of envy when I saw his house (the very little of it) but considering his privacy needs now that he most likely has “fangirl stalkers” I think it might be a necessity now to have a place that gets him a little more privacy at least. And it’s a better investment than the fancy car I thought he might get sometime soon (although it does come with it’s own “issues” with maintenance/upkeep...I do have to wonder how the pranks are going to work out now as a few of my friends own houses and boy are they finnicky about it).

To be able to afford a house at 24 though...at least I think he’s smart and self-aware enough to be appreciative of it and know that there might be a bit of backlash because of it at the same time.

I think Joe will be on YT for at least a few more years and as long as I can see him shirtless every once in awhile I don’t mind that he makes money off me “lusting after him” and the like. I did notice he said he wasn’t sure how much of the house he would show and I guess that’s understandable. I do wonder if the vlogs will lessen after the move (or because of the other “rumors”) and I did just start watching them regularly. Oh well, I guess I can catch up on old ones. *shrugs*

steffi_b
Learner
Learner

Post by steffi_b »

I kind of get what everyone's saying about him sounding a little 'full of himself' in the last vlog. I kind of have a split opinion on it. On one side, I see a 24 year old guy who's genuinely proud of himself and feels lucky that he's able to do something like this. However, the way he went on about how 'rare' it is and how hard he's had to work to earn it makes me think that, yes, maybe he is being a little bit arrogant. It's the first time he's hinted about the fact that he earns ALOT of money, especially considering that in one of Oli's vlogs a while ago (the one where Joe leaked Oli's book) he was reading a magazine that said his estimated annual income was £1m or something, he said something along the lines of 'I wish I had that'. I just feel like he's contradicting himself by making out a few months ago that £1m was an unthinkable amount of money for him to have, yet he's now able to buy a house in central London, along with all of his furniture, even after paying £5k /week for his old apartment.....

*sorry if some of this information is wrong, just playing by memory*

Edit: I'm not saying that I have a problem with him earning a large sum of money, and I'm happy for him that he's able to invest in this. Just found it unnecessary to brag....

delilahdots
Informer
Informer

Post by delilahdots »

I took it more as him saying he had a "normal" job in the past/had worked hard at it more than saying that was where his money came from. I think he's very proud of himself and fair play to him, I don't think he knew it came across as a bit braggy. He seems like one of the few from the British Crew who are actually fairly genuine, so any bragging I think was unintentional.

PeggyCarter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PeggyCarter »

I don't think he was bragging about the house, but I do feel extremely envious/hard done by, given that as a 21 year old living in the South East I will probably never be able to buy a home. I would've preferred him to keep it to himself that his 5 minute videos had made him enough to buy a house in London on top of all the holidays he takes...

steffi_b
Learner
Learner

Post by steffi_b »

delilahdots wrote:I took it more as him saying he had a "normal" job in the past/had worked hard at it more than saying that was where his money came from. I think he's very proud of himself and fair play to him, I don't think he knew it came across as a bit braggy. He seems like one of the few from the British Crew who are actually fairly genuine, so any bragging I think was unintentional.
I see your point actually. This is what I meant when I said I have split opinion. It did come across in a way which was arrogant IMO just because of the way he went on about it for a while, but like you said, it was probably unintentional.

YevMilcovich
Informer
Informer

Post by YevMilcovich »

If his vlogs lessen after the move there's one thing I know for sure - my interest in him will lessen as well as I find his vlogging channel way more interesting that the main one.

CaKeKylie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CaKeKylie »

YevMilcovich wrote:If his vlogs lessen after the move there's one thing I know for sure - my interest in him will lessen as well as I find his vlogging channel way more interesting that the main one.
this, I always found his vlogs way more entertaining and interesting than his main channel videos.

I don't envy him, I envy the girl that will one day (or maybe it is already) live in that house with him :toad:

YevMilcovich
Informer
Informer

Post by YevMilcovich »

Does anyone know if he's going to Coachella this year?

I would give anything to see him going with Maynards this time (since he hangs out with them all the time anyway it would make more sense than going with Oli and Caspar)

CaKeKylie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CaKeKylie »

YevMilcovich wrote:Does anyone know if he's going to Coachella this year?

I would give anything to see him going with Maynards this time (since he hangs out with them all the time anyway it would make more sense than going with Oli and Caspar)
well the lineup this year is tragic, so I won't judge him if he doesn't go.

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

CaKeKylie wrote:
YevMilcovich wrote:If his vlogs lessen after the move there's one thing I know for sure - my interest in him will lessen as well as I find his vlogging channel way more interesting that the main one.
this, I always found his vlogs way more entertaining and interesting than his main channel videos.

I don't envy him, I envy the girl that will one day (or maybe it is already) live in that house with him :toad:
Same girl Same. Except i'm more jealous of any girl that gets access to the
goods more. He's honestly to young and "public" for me to want to really play house with...+ He lives in London and IDK what it's like there. But still it doesn't hurt to dream if certain circumstances were different. ;)

lovelyaura
Debater
Debater

Post by lovelyaura »

Did he actually say he won't show everything of his house and that his vlogs won't be as frequent? I might have missed this.

But he always talks about "a house" so he probably didn't move in those buildings with Caspar, so I hope he's more careful with what he's filming so prevent those fangirls in front of his house

steffi_b
Learner
Learner

Post by steffi_b »

I agree. Because at the end of the day, unlike with other youtubers, I'm interested in him more than the content he produces. Even if he was just sat on the sofa talking to the camera about how his weeks been, I'd much prefer that then most of the cheesy scripted main channel content he creates. He is by far one of my favourite youtubers, but it's a shame seeing his main channel videos become more and more scripted, and as a result seeing less of his personality, seen as that's what I subscribed for

ineededaname
Learner
Learner

Post by ineededaname »

First time poster here but I meant to post a while back. (Sorry if this came up a while ago and has already been debated) but I recently saw an old photo or two of Joe with Betsy Blue (she was in a group on X Factor and I know her vaguely from when I was younger because she was obsessed with George Sampson and a few other mildly famous teen boys) and I was just wondering if anyone knew whether they dated or not?

violet_schmiolet
Learner
Learner

Post by violet_schmiolet »

His skin looks really good in the new vlog. I wonder if he's on Roaccutane

nieka
Learner
Learner

Post by nieka »

I'm sorry for the question but where did you see some parts of his house? Did I miss a video of him or did it leak (I'm guessing the second one due to the deleted message from the pages back) ?
Hope you can help me out :tu:

Return to “Thatcher Joe”