Thatcher Joe Part 3 - The Sugg Without A Pug

ineededaname
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Thatcher Joe Part 3 - The Sugg Without A Pug

Post by ineededaname »

Yeah she was! Haha sorry to post on the thread! I knew of the girl back in my George Sampson fan girling days (absolute cringe) and she basically fan girled over him and then some other X Factor / BGT people and stuff. My best friend and I and got talking with her and stuff then next thing we know she turns really mean and stuck up and really wanted to be famous and then BAM she's in some tv show and then X Factor and then I saw a photo of her and Joe last year and I was like lol interesting and wanted to know so thought I would ask!

Thank you (and sorry for clogging up the feed guys!)

Weird Vagina
Sparkling Unicorn
Sparkling Unicorn

Post by Weird Vagina »

I want to talk about something if some hardcore fans here won't attack to me lol.

Did we ever see Joe reading a book? or share his opinions about serious things that happen around the world? any interest in some kind of cultural activities? Do you get what I mean?

This may sound a little bit like what would a feminazi say (though I'm a feminist, just not feminazi lol) but I want to talk about this because it really bothers me.

when it comes to women, people just want too much... I read Zoe's and Gabbatron's threads, and people talk about how they are empty as a person because of their lack of passion about anything, which I agree but... when it comes to a man and if he's 'hot', people don't care about these things at all... I know it's really visible matter in hollywood and that weird fame circle, but I can't believe it's even same with YTs...

If you gals remember, I talked about what kind of girl he should end up with... (LOL, it's just how I imagine, alright alright alright...) so now I think... I actually forget Joe is very empty as a person too... yeah, he's hot and a nice guy but...? His life is empty as much as Gabs.

seriously, youtubers are pure shit lol...

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

Weird Vagina wrote:I want to talk about something if some hardcore fans here won't attack to me lol.
Did we ever see Joe reading a book? or share his opinions about serious things that happen around the world? any interest in some kind of cultural activities? Do you get what I mean?
If you gals remember, I talked about what kind of girl he should end up with... (LOL, it's just how I imagine, alright alright alright...) so now I think... I actually forget Joe is very empty as a person too... yeah, he's hot and a nice guy but...? His life is empty as much as Gabs.
To be honest most youtubers have never come across as “deep thinkers” to me and they are there to entertain (and not necessarily be taken “seriously” like some seem to want) so while I doubt he is someone who thinks or cares about deep issues in the world, he does seem more sensitive and nicer so maybe I’m curving my expectations because he’s hot but that’s more about me than him.
I don’t know how “empty” he is but I figure he if he only cares about superficial things, when those things go that’s when it will be more obvious whether or not he had a good foundation in values. Looks don’t last, character does but I don’t care about that as it’s not like he’s my responsibility or anything. I care more about the fangirls that like him and that he’s not a “dream guy” for young girls that is the opposite of what would be good for those girls.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Weird Vagina wrote: when it comes to women, people just want too much... I read Zoe's and Gabbatron's threads, and people talk about how they are empty as a person because of their lack of passion about anything, which I agree but... when it comes to a man and if he's 'hot', people don't care about these things at all... I know it's really visible matter in hollywood and that weird fame circle, but I can't believe it's even same with YTs...
Offtopic: tbh I lurked Zoe’s thread but I feel that it’s way too harsh for what she does (being privileged, spoiled, unappreciative, lazy) so I stopped bothering to go there. + I don’t find it very interesting when I barely care about her to begin with. <There are only a few youtubers that are so vile that I think they deserve ALL the nastiness they get (Trisha Paytas, Onision, etc) >
Weird Vagina wrote:This may sound a little bit like what would a feminazi say (though I'm a feminist, just not feminazi lol) but I want to talk about this because it really bothers me.
Offtopic: I think it’s important as a feminist to let ppl do what they want but know there are options and freedom out there for women. l I’m prob a few years older than most of you and had a “similar” mindset when I was younger I had a friend that went to STANFORD and decided a few years later to move away and be a stay-at-home and let’s just say she didn’t appreciate my opinion on the matter and I lost a good friend because of my being judgmental.

YevMilcovich
Informer
Informer

Post by YevMilcovich »

Weird Vagina wrote:I want to talk about something if some hardcore fans here won't attack to me lol.

Good point. I don't think I've ever seen him reading nothing else than menus really. Even though he doesn't strike me as a reading type, I don't think books would do him any justice. Take Janya for example, they read a lot and that doesn't make them any more intelligent or bearable to watch. Of course they may inspire their viewers to read as well which is a good thing. But I don't think Suggs are bothered to invest in youngster's formation, no matter how much influence they have. It's way easier to entertain rather than direct.

megx
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by megx »

He'll probably start to (or pretend to) read when Oli and Caspar release their books and they need the promo from him [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my android x

rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rachz »

This may sound a little bit like what would a feminazi say (though I'm a feminist, just not feminazi lol) but I want to talk about this because it really bothers me.

when it comes to women, people just want too much... I read Zoe's and Gabbatron's threads, and people talk about how they are empty as a person because of their lack of passion about anything, which I agree but... when it comes to a man and if he's 'hot', people don't care about these things at all... I know it's really visible matter in hollywood and that weird fame circle, but I can't believe it's even same with YTs...

This is really interesting - i feel stupid for not having noticed the double standards we've had for him and Zoe for eg.
It's true that in terms of general culture and keeping up to date with current affairs (and i'm not talking about the Kardashians), they're honestly as bad as each other.
I'm not defending him at all but i guess we notice it less with Joe because he's still out and about doing stuff, albeit not informative or educational, but he's busy most days.

Also sorry for suggesting the creation of a 2nd thread, hopefully people will become more tolerant on both sides!

ClipClap
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ClipClap »

As said, I think it's not that obvious as he's been very busy the past year especially. The trips - Playlist, Vidcon, two extended LA trips, Coachella, Skiing, Aiya Napa, South Africa, Asia, promo for book round UK, promo for film (Australia and UK), actual filming of film, at least three short US East Coast trips for promo or other YouTube stuff - and then he's been consistent (except when ill) with Sunday videos and infrequent vlogs and gaming videos. Plus several overnight trips to Zoe and a couple to his dad.

(I wrote that from memory, there's something wrong with me!)

Just thinking of all that travelling is tiring! If you then add the 'YouTuber meetings' and creative input for the projects on top of that, it's a lot.

I think the others raise that criticism because they just don't seem to be doing much.
I usually use my phone - autocorrect (Swype) mistakes are unintentional.

YevMilcovich
Informer
Informer

Post by YevMilcovich »

rachz wrote: I'm not defending him at all but i guess we notice it less with Joe because he's still out and about doing stuff, albeit not informative or educational, but he's busy most days.
Exactly. I wouldn’t say Joe’s as bad as Zoe. At least he goes out and spends quality time with his mates/travels the world and not wastes his youth on a coach. I don’t know how busy he’s in terms of real life busy, but it looks like he does a lot for his channel and side projects always trying to come up with new stuff.

CC_88
Informer
Informer

Post by CC_88 »

if i like a "celebrity" (i use that word incredibly loosely, in reference to joe), i can definitely drag their ass to the moon and back and have it all be in good fun. i guess i'm just not there with joe yet cuz i still feel much too protective of him lol :tu:

gayalien
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by gayalien »

i also thought about this alot recently when watching his vlogs. While i enjoy watching joes videos and think he's a funny and nice person, i could never imagine myself hanging out with him or the other guys of his friendgroup (let alone be in a relationship with one of them) because they all seem to be so dull and superficial . They all dress the same, they all seem to listen to the same music (which is whatever is popular at the moment) and they all talk about the same kind of stuff. On the one hand i think that's what joe and the others actually like, since they live in their warm little youtube bubble where nothing else seems to matter, on the other hand we shouldn't forget that you never see the whole picture on youtube or social media. So maybe he is actually interested in more serious topics but chooses not to adress them simply because he's quite aware of the fact that his fanbase is a bunch of 13 year old girls that are just not interested in that sort of stuff.
english is not my first language

rm23
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by rm23 »

Yeah picking on youtubers (especially women) because they don't read enough seems like taking the nitpicking a bit too far, I think in general if they choose to keep their opinions (or lack thereof) on cultural issues to themselves, it's entirely their call.

But joe and friends do seem to be all about the lad life, though I think that's the side of them that they want us to see. Plus, Joe at least seems to genuinely care about a few things, especially sport and stuff. I agree with everyone saying that since he's always out and about, travelling or just generally being busy with life, he doesn't come across as particularly ignorant (with the added leeway we give him for being hot af, ofcourse ;) )

CaKeKylie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CaKeKylie »

I knew there was a video of him talking about books (don't know if he actually read them tho haha)
[video][/video]

ClipClap
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ClipClap »

Actually here is something against it being a sexist thing: Alfie is being shown the same treatment as the women.
I usually use my phone - autocorrect (Swype) mistakes are unintentional.

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

Thatcher Joe part 4- Joe Gotasecretgirlfriend Sugg

Weird Vagina
Sparkling Unicorn
Sparkling Unicorn

Post by Weird Vagina »

He's not empty as much as Zoe and Gabbatron because he goes outside more and travels? Nah.

I think people should notice the fact that none of the YTs are 'deep thinkers' like smars27 said. I know there are probably some exceptions but it's really so rare.

I never saw Joe mentioning about deep issues around the world or sharing something that shows he cares about those things. Iirc, he only shared something about paris attacks on twitter and just a few minutes later, he turned to his 'funny' twitter persona and continued bullshitting his same crap. such sensitive guy, wow. I remember Gab did this too (I don't remember if it was paris attacks though) and people got mad a lot on her thread. but when it comes to Joe and his so-hot-presence, it didn't matter at all. I don't think Joe is a sensitive person, I can even give real life examples with his videos.

He's really an empty person who has only superficial interests. If you remember, I talked about how he should be with a cute girl who has a purpose in life when I saw those modelesque girls who seem like they don't do much in life... well, Joe is just an hot guy (average for me) who doesn't have any purpose in life either. so... I also drowned in this double standard when I made that comment lol.

Don't get me wrong, it's not just about reading books either. There are so many things that you can do in life and it's clear that he only has empty laddish interests. I only laugh at your "he's traveling, he's busy with projects" examples when I see how he's so busy with partying all night like tomorrow doesn't exist and nibbling his weird tinder dates. It's not like you can't find time to read a book or do something cultural while traveling or having fun with your mates now and then either.

btw, I don't agree, I think he can be an ignorant person, we're not able to know this. (of course, no one can be ignorant and empty as much as gabbatron but...) I think he's just clever to know what to do in a certain situation. (gabbatron's biggest mistake) but it doesn't make him seem less ignorant, if you get what I mean... It's possible that he doesn't show that side of himself, because he doesn't get into any problematic situation because of his little lovely rosy youtube bubble like other YTs especially gleam robots. I only watch a few minutes videos of these people, which they only share what they want us to see of them, so I don't believe any of them being a 'good person' like they claim.

Zarry645
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Zarry645 »

Weird Vagina wrote:He's not empty as much as Zoe and Gabbatron because he goes outside more and travels? Nah.

I think people should notice the fact that none of the YTs are 'deep thinkers' like smars27 said. I know there are probably some exceptions but it's really so rare.

I never saw Joe mentioning about deep issues around the world or sharing something that shows he cares about those things. Iirc, he only shared something about paris attacks on twitter and just a few minutes later, he turned to his 'funny' twitter persona and continued bullshitting his same crap. such sensitive guy, wow. I remember Gab did this too (I don't remember if it was paris attacks though) and people got mad a lot on her thread. but when it comes to Joe and his so-hot-presence, it didn't matter at all. I don't think Joe is a sensitive person, I can even give real life examples with his videos.

He's really an empty person who has only superficial interests. If you remember, I talked about how he should be with a cute girl who has a purpose in life when I saw those modelesque girls who seem like they don't do much in life... well, Joe is just an hot guy (average for me) who doesn't have any purpose in life either. so... I also drowned in this double standard when I made that comment lol.

Don't get me wrong, it's not just about reading books either. There are so many things that you can do in life and it's clear that he only has empty laddish interests. I only laugh at your "he's traveling, he's busy with projects" examples when I see how he's so busy with partying all night like tomorrow doesn't exist and nibbling his weird tinder dates. It's not like you can't find time to read a book or do something cultural while traveling or having fun with your mates now and then either.

btw, I don't agree, I think he can be an ignorant person, we're not able to know this. (of course, no one can be ignorant and empty as much as gabbatron but...) I think he's just clever to know what to do in a certain situation. (gabbatron's biggest mistake) but it doesn't make him seem less ignorant, if you get what I mean... It's possible that he doesn't show that side of himself, because he doesn't get into any problematic situation because of his little lovely rosy youtube bubble like other YTs especially gleam robots. I only watch a few minutes videos of these people, which they only share what they want us to see of them, so I don't believe any of them being a 'good person' like they claim.

Okay but as you said you only watch a few minute videos of the bits of their lives they choose to share so based on that to call a person empty and superficial is quite a bold statement to make unless you know them personally. Your argument can be looked at in two ways. Every person has some sort of purpose no matter who they may be.
Your contradicting yourself by saying oh we're not able to know this to then saying yep he's X Y & Z and parties all night and has no interests and I can show you real life evidence from his videos, which by the way is not possible since they're all edited and not exactly real life.
About the Paris attacks all the celebrities the media even, didn't they go back to normal after a day of tweeting/broadcasting that's life for you it doesn't make you insensitive.
Yes people are a lot more lenient when it comes to Joe. However, there's still a difference between criticism and just random bs statements. (:

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

ClipClap wrote:Actually here is something against it being a sexist thing: Alfie is being shown the same treatment as the women.
Offtopic: True there are some guys (Onision, Shane Dawson, etc who have unsavory reputations) that also get read the riot act but none of them are as "hot" and seem as sensitive/nice as he is. Jenna Marbles, Natalie tran also have nice threads but anyone that has a "nice" thread is also way more inactive. So I guess the only way to have a less inactive thread is be a hot *single* guy

TBH I don't think Joe actually does much wrong because he's self-aware and careful enough to mitigate anything that would make him look unsavory, but that doesn't mean he is doing "anything right" either. But It's his life to live. He's actually one who's managed to keep his private life pretty private in comparison to some of the others, and it might be best to keep it that way considering.....And while he might have superficial interests now I also remember caring about way more superficial things when I was younger and while I didn't consider myself "empty" I think I wised up over time in what matters more and what doesn't. While he has what he has though it's kind of obvious what kind of girls are going to flock to him so I guess I can say he might be taking the "easy way" because of it. The only girl that I can see being decent so far is that Alex tour guide girl but even if he does pursue or start a relationship with her I just know certain fans that find out are going to be unhappy....I feel like he's enjoying the ride right now but I'm sure he will settle down when he "sows his wild oats" or whatever that phrase is.

Offtopic: It's really hard for me to tell if Zoe's thread is too harsh because I don't follow (or care enough about) her enough but from an outside observer it just seems that she gets judged a lot more harshly than her bro Joe does even if the criticism does bring up relevant points. I have no idea who Gabby is and I don't think I care to know from the way she is talked about.

Weird Vagina
Sparkling Unicorn
Sparkling Unicorn

Post by Weird Vagina »

Zarry645 wrote:Okay but as you said you only watch a few minute videos of the bits of their lives they choose to share so based on that to call a person empty and superficial is quite a bold statement to make unless you know them personally. Your argument can be looked at in two ways. Every person has some sort of purpose no matter who they may be.
Your contradicting yourself by saying oh we're not able to know this to then saying yep he's X Y & Z and parties all night and has no interests and I can show you real life evidence from his videos, which by the way is not possible since they're all edited and not exactly real life.
About the Paris attacks all the celebrities the media even, didn't they go back to normal after a day of tweeting/broadcasting that's life for you it doesn't make you insensitive.
Yes people are a lot more lenient when it comes to Joe. However, there's still a difference between criticism and just random bs statements. (:
knowing how someone spends their time and understanding who s/he really is are two different things though. you can't understand who someone really is from their social media accounts, but you can see what they are doing with their time, especially youtubers who share everything they do on social media.

btw, if you see any single criticism as bs statements, you should have a look at your own comment. it seems like there are only a few people here like smars27 and gabz_is_shite to have a proper chat with, because others are joe's fans who can't even take a single criticism and start to attack people. of course you have different opinions, but you can't jump on me because I'm not a huge fan of him like you. ;)

don't get me wrong, like I said before, I'm not a hater or anything lol. I actually think I'm harsh on him more because I believe he's a good person and all. for example, I like to read zoe's and gabbatron's threads but I'm not contributing on them this much, because I don't care much about them. but like I said before, I have a weird bond with joe because he's exactly like one of my best friends. I'd call it love-hate relationship lol. I criticize him because I know he can do better. maybe I'm mad at him because of this lol.

joe babe, is it because I said your dick is small... pls.

CaKeKylie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CaKeKylie »

Well, not reading books doesn't mean you're empty. He always seemed like a more creative type, since he's into drawing and music. I'm not defending him by any means, but as Gabz_is_shite (lol at that nickname :rofl: ) said, there are different types of intelligence so I guess he is the creative and social type.

Also reading books does not make your life fulfilled or any smarter, trust me I know some people who 'read' all the time, but their iq is equivalent to the size of their shoes.

ElizabethMarks
Debater
Debater

Post by ElizabethMarks »

Oh wow, Weird Vagina, never knew you weren't a huge fan of Joe. Feels exactly the opposite. You live and learn... I guess.

Return to “Thatcher Joe”