PointlessBlog

jthelurker
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

PointlessBlog

Post by jthelurker » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:12 pm

I feel like Alfie needs his own thread so continue here…

TKL760
Informer
Informer

Re: PointlessBlog

Post by TKL760 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:49 pm

Meh. I used to think he was harmless, if a little annoying, but these days he's seeming more and more full of himself. His new video was really stupid. I feel like he made his "resolutions" just so he could make a video doing dares after he broke them all, and he even half assed the dares. I should probably just unsubscribe since I only subscribed to him out of curiosity when he got together with Zoe. I'm definitely not part of his target demographic.

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ggeyeliner » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:07 pm

I HATE HATE HATE HATE that he uses ''butt'' word everywhere. I mean... seriously :? :?
Hey little butt butt, oiii you little butt!, Text me back you butt face :)
That is just ridiculous. Increase your vocabulary dude. Or this is something people consider cool and cute? For me that is just stupid.

If someone calls me butt face.. that person would be dead to me.
ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE. Sorry for misunderstandings!

People should read everything, not the first 5 words and judge!

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ggeyeliner » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:41 pm

Yes it was :D But still, how annoyinnnggg!!! :D

I just discovered that I am still subbed. What the hellll. Need to change that :D

NickiNackiNoo
Learner
Learner

Post by NickiNackiNoo » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:58 pm

Thanks for making this thread! I think he's ok, a bit cringey at times (I hate. The "butt" stuff too, and "little one") but I only watch him coz of Zoe, they're undeniably cute together.

I've been dying to talk about this though http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v5FMeWSvM3M

thoughts? Most of the comments are pretty negative!?

ls2927
Debater
Debater

Post by ls2927 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:04 pm

I genuinely can't stand him. And I'm sorry but I need to be blatantly bitchy for a second.

Does anyone else notice how small his eyes are? Not the eyes themselves, but his irises. They're surrounded by white...so small. And in comparison to his other features which are all so massive, it's just odd.

Ok sorry, had to get that off my chest.

He is just the worst. Seems arrogant, whiny, and insufferable.

hannah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hannah » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:35 pm

NickiNackiNoo wrote:Thanks for making this thread! I think he's ok, a bit cringey at times (I hate. The "butt" stuff too, and "little one") but I only watch him coz of Zoe, they're undeniably cute together.

I've been dying to talk about this though http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v5FMeWSvM3M

All the screaming girls made me feel awkward. I just don't understand it
Like I was a fan girl as a teenager so I can understand obsessing over actors and singers because they've had talent and had to work their life to be where they are, I can understand reasons to idolise them. But YouTubers just produce crap content like '6 worst things about school' 'my girlfriend puts makeup on me' 'meet my cousin'. I just don't understand what is to idolise about someone who doesn't really put much work in, editing a ten minute video all from one angle and on the same memory card should take them around 3 hours including exporting time and maybe even uploading time. They're not people you could aspire to follow in the footsteps of or have a career like. Idk maybe times have changed in the 5 years since I was 13

kaymariel
Learner
Learner

Post by kaymariel » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:15 pm

I don't mind him that much, but does anybody else DESPISE the way he laughs? I cannot be the only one. It's like he's forcing himself to laugh because he knows he's on camera. It honestly pisses me off whenever he laughs, it sounds and looks so fake.

NickiNackiNoo
Learner
Learner

Post by NickiNackiNoo » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:29 am

hannah wrote:
NickiNackiNoo wrote:Thanks for making this thread! I think he's ok, a bit cringey at times (I hate. The "butt" stuff too, and "little one") but I only watch him coz of Zoe, they're undeniably cute together.

All the screaming girls made me feel awkward. I just don't understand it
Like I was a fan girl as a teenager so I can understand obsessing over actors and singers because they've had talent and had to work their life to be where they are, I can understand reasons to idolise them. But YouTubers just produce crap content like '6 worst things about school' 'my girlfriend puts makeup on me' 'meet my cousin'. I just don't understand what is to idolise about someone who doesn't really put much work in, editing a ten minute video all from one angle and on the same memory card should take them around 3 hours including exporting time and maybe even uploading time. They're not people you could aspire to follow in the footsteps of or have a career like. Idk maybe times have changed in the 5 years since I was 13
Exactly! Watching it, once I'd got beyond the cringyness of it, I was just like 'what's the point of this?' It's supposed to be entertainment but it's not entertaining?? Like you say it's not music/acting/showing off a skill, so what are we looking at, Alfie proposing to some fan girl, snore!

The thing is, they aren't entirely unlikeable or even untalented. Jim and Alfie especially are obviously confident presenters, if their management was bothered enough I actually thing they could get them involved in something better than this rubbish.

But no, they rely on the fact that these Tweens think simply standing there and talking about girls is entertainment enough.

maccalacca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by maccalacca » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:51 am

I used to rather enjoy his videos, they were somewhat entertaining and filled 5 minutes of boredom, but I cannot suffer him since his resolutions video. I couldn't believe he had the audacity to say one of his new years resolutions was to wake up before 10am. He's making more money than I'll even see in the next 5 years, has no higher education, no/little real work experience and is moaning about having to get up before 10am?! Most of his viewers will be in school/uni/work. Most of them won't have the luxury of getting to sleep until that time 1 day a week, let alone every single day. Try getting up at 5.30am every day to go to uni full time and work 30 hours a week on top of that without getting free holidays every 5 minutes. He's such a wankstain.

planetofzog2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by planetofzog2 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:41 am

I genuinely think Alfie is one of the good guys but his channel is yes pointless dribble aimed at tweens. Much like Zoe, I actually prefer his vlogs.

I despise his twitter begging for freebies & sponsored plugs like you wouldn't believe though, I wish more of his 'followers' would call him out on it.

RabbieWingz
Informer
Informer

Post by RabbieWingz » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:46 am

I don't like Alfie at all, his videos are just tags and challenges, he's very average looking, and he has a fake "I'm so cute and quirky" personality, I don’t feel like he deserves to be a "top YouTuber". I found it hilarious when I watched Ben Cook's The War of The Word video, and Ben and Jack made a joke of Alfie at the beginning XD

jthelurker
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jthelurker » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:51 am

The majority of Alfie's videos are tags and he doesn't put any effort yet he has over a mil subs? I don't get it?

TKL760
Informer
Informer

Post by TKL760 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:59 am

jthelurker wrote:The majority of Alfie's videos are tags and he doesn't put any effort yet he has over a mil subs? I don't get it?
His tween fangirls want to get into his pants, and it's as simple as that. He could do nothing but stare into the camera doing that stupid big eyes lip biting look that he does and he'd probably get just as many views. It doesn't even matter that he's completely average looking because American tweens are obsessed with British guys right now. I blame One Direction.

hannah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hannah » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:52 am

I don't know why but he really reminds me of a t-rex when he pulls faces at the camera like the first one here
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/3v5sLTuApEQ/maxresdefault.jpg

IAmMeMeMe
Informer
Informer

Post by IAmMeMeMe » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:53 pm

Such a lovely bloke, this Pointless Drivel fellow.

And so modest.

And grateful.

And hardworking.

Lolalove
Informer
Informer

Post by Lolalove » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:56 am

He's tweeted saying 'if you read this, you're my friend' kill me now. Grow up Alfie you pathetic weed.

TKL760
Informer
Informer

Post by TKL760 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:21 am

Lolalove wrote:He's tweeted saying 'if you read this, you're my friend' kill me now. Grow up Alfie you pathetic weed.

His twitter is pretty cringeworthy. It reads like it belongs to a fifteen year old.

TKL760
Informer
Informer

Post by TKL760 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:36 pm

Also I'll put this here since Alfie is the worst offender: What is up with the Nando's obsession? How often can a person eat at one chain restaurant before they get bored of it? Do either Alfie or Zoe know how to cook… Like at all?

tweed
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tweed » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:17 am

Nothing he does gets on my nerves as much as that tongue hanging out of his mouth in every single photo that his face can be seen. It's either the fake shock or the "trying hard to be cheeky but i look ridiculous" tongue sticking. :bang:
hannah wrote:I don't know why but he really reminds me of a t-rex when he pulls faces at the camera like the first one here
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/3v5sLTuApEQ/maxresdefault.jpg
Did he photoshop the crap out of his face or is his skin actually that good? If so, I'd like to know hhw he does it hahah.

Lurker05693
Informer
Informer

Post by Lurker05693 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:48 am

Good alfie is soo annoying he started begging pewdiepie for a collab on his effing gaming channel already and on twitter! Omg like can you not? I want to slap him
ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE PLEASE DONT BE TOO HARSH ABOUT MY GRAMMAR OR ANY MISSPELLING. THANK YOU

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ggeyeliner » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:03 am

Ou gad.
One thing us becoming friend, waiting til Felix offers collab or burry idea completely.
But asking collab from youtuber who is number 1 with 21 million subbs... It is just low. It seems like Gleam thinks that only way to get views and subbs is collab. Have you tried making good quality content what is original and entertaining? I heard that works too.
Wonder how Felix feels....he is like celeb now.. People might use him for fame...

Return to “Pointless Blog”