PointlessDIYs - Alfie Deyes buys so much crap part 11

livibobs12
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PointlessDIYs - Alfie Deyes buys so much crap part 11

Post by livibobs12 »

His views are going down as well, none of his videos have reached 1 million. In the next couple years he'll be irrelevant begging successful youtubers to collab with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

livibobs12
Learner
Learner

Post by livibobs12 »

His views are going down as well, none of his videos have reached 1 million. In the next couple years he'll be irrelevant begging successful youtubers to collab with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chairman_meow
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chairman_meow »

Next thread should be PointlessComplaints

livibobs12
Learner
Learner

Post by livibobs12 »

Just seen this on his new video, they are really up his arse aren't they. His voice is horrible and gives me a headache

burnout
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by burnout »

when you just can't stop yourself from rolling your eyes at yet another mini inspirational speech about "taking time out" in Alfie's latest vlog. out of anyone, he among other youtubers are the minority in the world who can afford and make the time to have "time out". what about those who work every day 9-5 all year around and some only get a few weeks off in an entire year at best? He is so so so disconnected from real life

toryvilla
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by toryvilla »

Grown man drones on and on about getting a nettle sting all day. For fuck sake no wonder hundreds of people are unsubbing every time he uploads.

AmenAmen91
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by AmenAmen91 »

So I got an email from the social bakers and this event in Prague and the thumbnail looked like Froggy and when I checked YT it was him.

So I looked at the cheapest tickets for the event and he was a "guest speaker" last year - nearly £550 over $700!
What cut did he get??ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Youtubers ain't sht, but ho's and tricks. -- Fat Zoella

AmenAmen91
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by AmenAmen91 »

Also read this and no way in hell a university gave him a place with no UCAS etc just a video

What uni Mr Deyes??
Google has no evidence Image

Youtubers ain't sht, but ho's and tricks. -- Fat Zoella

Tapestry
Debater
Debater

Post by Tapestry »

AmenAmen91 wrote:Also read this and no way in hell a university gave him a place with no UCAS etc just a video

What uni Mr Deyes??

And what a horrible example to set for young viewers, especially because I can't believe this is true. "Your grades don't matter! Apply with your YouTube videos and you'll get in!" So entitled..

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

AmenAmen91 wrote:Also read this and no way in hell a university gave him a place with no UCAS etc just a video

What uni Mr Deyes??

Wow lol. Sounds like something Trump would say, in all honesty. Actually it was probably a scam school like Trump University that offered him a place lol.

BY THE WAY, if this is true, it's certainly not something to be proud of-- it means that some school was more interested in the exposure from an online 'celeb' than academics, and all it does is prove what we've all been saying and they constantly deny-- that YTers are handed things they don't deserve. Alfie thinks it shows they were so impressed by, what? His filming of the Yoga challenge? There are students creating actual short films that still have to apply for a spot at school.

Sarahlou93
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Sarahlou93 »

Hi everyone, extremely long time lurker first time poster, hopefully doing this right! :)
Slightly o.t, but has been bugging me for a while. I feel like if he was a girl more people would notice this? But I'm currently in recovery from an eating disorder and he is so freaking triggering sometimes! He's always talking about how he hasn't eaten anything that day yet etc, I mean obviously he then goes on to eat a load of rubbish (don't even get me started on his and Zoe's eating habits) but I just feel like it's a classic example of how unaware he is of other people and how what he says could have an effect.
Bit of a ramble sorry, probably just me but I kept thinking it recently!

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

Lamour88 wrote:

What uni Mr Deyes??

Wow lol. Sounds like something Trump would say, in all honesty. Actually it was probably a scam school like Trump University that offered him a place lol.

BY THE WAY, if this is true, it's certainly not something to be proud of-- it means that some school was more interested in the exposure from an online 'celeb' than academics, and all it does is prove what we've all been saying and they constantly deny-- that YTers are handed things they don't deserve. Alfie thinks it shows they were so impressed by, what? His filming of the Yoga challenge? There are students creating actual short films that still have to apply for a spot at school.
There is NO way a serious university would ask someone like pointlessasshole to apply without any qualifications. He's lying.
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

tctp
Informer
Informer

Post by tctp »

What uni Mr Deyes??

lmao maybe a school that's not recognised with any accreditation. i swear to god he thinks we're all morons when he spouts this shite.

sprinkleofmoney2
Informer
Informer

Post by sprinkleofmoney2 »

from the same interview
"BI: Presumably some people do now set out to become famous deliberately. It seems to me that authenticity is a huge part of it. Someone who sets out deliberately to become a YouTube star, that sounds a bit cheesy."

"A: Well, in the UK, being a YouTuber was the No.1 suggested job from teenagers, of what they wanted to do in the future, last year."

The only evidence of Mr Deyes comments were from a Daily Mail article from 2014.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... ising.html

toryvilla
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by toryvilla »

Who is lazy Alfie trying to kid with all this running everywhere. We know you have at least 23.5 free hours every single day to do anything you want you fraud!

He probably did get offered something like that from a bad uni with a degree that could be done over a weekend. Uni is just big buisness now selling education.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

[tweet][/tweet]

lol the desperation continues.
Also, that uni thing is absolute buuuuuullshit. They gave him an unconditional offer based on his crappy 2010/2011 videos?

joffy
Informer
Informer

Post by joffy »

Surprised he didn't have better seats for the Ed Sheeran gig, seeing as they such good bro's. :o :roll:

pugzjen
Informer
Informer

Post by pugzjen »

ha i remember him saying in a video about how he was offered that place in uni. I am from Ireland but you cannot get into university here unless you have done your leaving cert exams and got enough points or a pre college course and got certain grades and this would be normal for media related courses so I reckon like said above it was a tump uni scam.

imagine if he had fell for it, maybe he would of learned some real life lessons. he shouldn't be allowed spout bullshit about education, he is barely educated and it's strange his father seems highly educated. so dumb.

SoboredGGsux
Informer
Informer

Post by SoboredGGsux »

His little message at the end "thanks for the tickets Ed." Bro fuck off your management contacted his PR team. You had/have 0 interaction with him.

Aren't we supposed to start a new thread after 40?

ElizabethMarks
Debater
Debater

Post by ElizabethMarks »

Hmmm... my friend was accepted to university without doing any A levels, just based on her personal statement. It was Portsmouth though, so not the best university out there, but not the worst either. So, I guess something similar could possibly happen?

Return to “Pointless Blog”