Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PointlessDIYs - Alfie Deyes buys so much crap part 11

Post by pugzjen »

:tu:

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

I find the relationship between himself and Zoe to be very strange and co-dependant. It's as if she cannot function or live without him out of fear of being alone. Then with Alfie it's as though he's fully capitalising on her fame and wealth knowing that Zoe also uses him as a crutch. They seem so different emotionally and personality wise. He's more adventurous and she always seems uninterested to do anything than wallow in self-pity at home. Alfie seems more domesticated and chases after her whilst she does nothing productive with her time. I cringe whenever I see her slumped over the sofa eating takeaways and Alfie is cleaning up and doing household chores. It just illustrates the fact that you could be wealthy and live a very miserable unfulfilled life buying pointless goods that you will never use just to fill a void in you're life. They have crazy, impressionable and ignorant fans but they will wake-up one day and realise that their idols were not who they envisioned them to be on Youtube.

Why is where they live so publicised? That must be awful and a complete invasion of they're privacy. I'm new to Alfie so I never knew they lived in a house that's often visited by fans. I honestly could never live my life knowing that everybody knows where I reside. A part of me thinks that they love the publicity and attention even if they claim to hate the unwanted stalkers paying them an unsolicited visit. I mean Alfie further amplifies this by Vlogging their house driveway and is not careful enough to not include private footage. They must have high security/fencing to fend off intruders?

:?

sxphsyko

Post by sxphsyko »

I personally think him and Zoe are holding each other back. He's enabling her laziness and she's just tying him down from living a fuller life. He's obviously still with her because he wouldn't get as many opportunities or as much money off his own back.

WickedAlwaysWins
Learner
Learner

Post by WickedAlwaysWins »

He's so uptight about his own privacy yet he never bothers to blur out faces or licence plates in his vlogs :roll:

Love the thread title :tu:

SoboredGGsux
Informer
Informer

Post by SoboredGGsux »

It's so cringe how excited he got over making shaved ice...

I would want to kill myself if the highlight of my day was turning cubed ice into shaved ice and then putting random juice on it.

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

SuggthePug wrote:
fruitloaf wrote:They must have high security/fencing to fend off intruders?
Their house is completely fenced off from the street, and there's a gate out to the street as well, but I don't think the fences are that high. If you'd sit on someones shoulders or back I think you'd be able to see over the fence. I think they also have video or audio security at least at the gate, so they know who they buzz through to their front yard.

I don't understand why they haven't sold the house if it's really so unbearable and they have fans over every day. I'd sell the house and move further from town, and be way more careful with filming around the house and having curtains open when filming etc.
Thank you for answering and explaining this to me!

:tu:

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

I noticed that there's not really an emotional connection or a spark between them, it's like they are settling or just work colleagues and are just living up to the 'Zalfie' brand. Zoe seems very bland to me and lacks personality, she never says anything of substance and only speaks when Alfie asks her a question. She seems quite depressed and confused for some reason as if she does not really know what direction to take next.

Alfie being slightly younger, he probably just has a different mindset to hers and lives life on the whim like guys his age do quite often. He's way more active and out there yet she doesn't go anywhere with him. I read that she has 'anxiety' and this makes her not want to go on outings and events. I kind of noticed that in a few Vlogs back when they went to a Christmas market whilst Alfie was vlogging, she looked so uncomfortable as if their fans would swamp her or something. However, outside of Youtube I doubt they are really known and the only people who will approach them would be teens, so I doubt a group of adults will run after them in such an interrogating way. I could be wrong of course, but it's the impression I got from them. I do agree that they hold each other back and their relationship and living environment seems too co-dependant and mundane.

AliM
Learner
Learner

Post by AliM »

I'm surprised they have lasted this long tbh. I know that they seem very co-dependent on one another but I wonder if he's almost too afraid to break up with Zoe because the state that she's in and the amount of hate the fans would unleash on them. Especially since many of them think they are #goalz. :rofl:

wendy_wong
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wendy_wong »

AliM wrote:I'm surprised they have lasted this long tbh. I know that they seem very co-dependent on one another but I wonder if he's almost too afraid to break up with Zoe because the state that she's in and the amount of hate the fans would unleash on them. Especially since many of them think they are #goalz. :rofl:
Hm i think he definitely is afraid of the hate...

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

He must feel really trapped and smothered if those are his genuine thoughts and intentions. It's as though there's no progression with where he is and Zoe does not help herself either by being lazy and homebound constantly. Their fans are really scary, to the point that they have so much influence in the way that some Youtuber's live their lives.

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

:HK:
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

Bantersaurus
Talker
Talker

Post by Bantersaurus »

"Literally so many tables in Wagamama were taking pictures of me" "So many tables" "Literally so many" "So many of you"

WE GET THE POINT JESUS GOD.

Jasmine S

Post by Jasmine S »

I tried posting something real to subscribe to the thread but this site is super annoying so...subscribing :D

chairman_meow
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chairman_meow »

I just..want to follow this guy for the mess. I have never seen someone so entitled in my life. Out of all the British crew, he's the most annoying of them all.

Xa_K
Talker
Talker

Post by Xa_K »

And he is complaining again!

Bantersaurus
Talker
Talker

Post by Bantersaurus »

Ha I LICHERALLY just wrote that today and in today's vlog he's LICHERALLY talking about people bombarding him again ;)

Good_Bake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Good_Bake »

the title should be something about his endless complaining!
he is driving me up the wall with his entitledness and constant complaints... maybe it's because living with zoe is just so terrible, and he can't complain because they are #goalz so it comes out in other forms.
or he's just a brat haha

nixworld68
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by nixworld68 »

clover123 wrote:the title should be something about his endless complaining!
he is driving me up the wall with his entitledness and constant complaints... maybe it's because living with zoe is just so terrible, and he can't complain because they are #goalz so it comes out in other forms.
or he's just a brat haha
I think he is just a brat tbh! He just has no idea about real life- he had a privileged upbringing, and he has gone straight from school to success (and money) on YouTube. He is just blind to the reality of most people's lives!

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

I'm a bit late with this, but I think one of the reasons he's always complaining is so that companies will send him stuff for free. Imagine if Cartier sent a new bracelet?

He's an entitled asshole

Return to “Pointless Blog”