Carry on people! :tu:

ieatbooks
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PointlessPug Dayes 8

Post by ieatbooks » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:22 am

What I want to know is where are the parents of the children who think it's acceptable ring someone's doorbell in the middle of the night? If I were them, I would have called the police and let the children's parents be contacted. It's ridiculous that a child not old enough to have the common sense not show up at a strangers house is out wandering in the middle of the night.

rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rachz » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:32 am

jbsayshi
Informer
Informer

Post by jbsayshi » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:38 am

I'm fed up of all the youtubers complaining about the downsides of their fame. It's ridiculous. They were all soooo obsessed about getting a verification tick on twitter, but then complain when fans ring their doorbell. These youtubers seem to think they're exempt from certain parts of fame just because they are "normal people" and "just so relatable".

Alfie expects to be handed free tickets to concerts and get upgrades on flights but throws a strop when his fans just act like fans? If he didn't have fans he wouldn't be rich or famous yet he feels it is acceptable to complain about them? Do what other celebs do and KEEP YOUR ADDRESS A SECRET, or live in a more secluded area. It's what comes with the job that he chose to have. I know they didn't mean to leak their address, but they could have tried harder to keep it a secret and when it did come out, most celebs would have probably moved again (annoying but necessary).

Alfie wants to have his cake and eat it too. Such a deluded idiot. I think this kind of attitude will be the reason for his downfall.

chairman_meow
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chairman_meow » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:46 am

blockah
Informer
Informer

Post by blockah » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:50 am

They re still ringing doorbells? I would have that thing disconnected by now.

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:53 am

Jasmine S
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Jasmine S » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:43 am

Ha I just saw the tweet about him getting an allergic reaction from his new video. Just a teensy bit of karma for being a twat/wasting food :FU:

Cupcake Warpaint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cupcake Warpaint » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:08 am

blockah wrote:They re still ringing doorbells? I would have that thing disconnected by now.
I would have made a complaint to the Police by now, to show the fans that there's a line they do not cross.

But I guess complaining about it in vlogs gets him views.

clublauf
Learner
Learner

Post by clublauf » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:42 am

Cupcake Warpaint wrote:
blockah wrote:They re still ringing doorbells? I would have that thing disconnected by now.
I would have made a complaint to the Police by now, to show the fans that there's a line they do not cross.

But I guess complaining about it in vlogs gets him views.
You would also think that it would soothe Zoe's anxiety. I know she seemed really stressed about it before? So why haven't they done anything??

miserlou
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by miserlou » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:59 am

They're not going to do anything because the both (especially Alfie) love the drama and the attention it gets them.

bettyissopretty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bettyissopretty » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:33 am

ieatbooks wrote:What I want to know is where are the parents of the children who think it's acceptable ring someone's doorbell in the middle of the night? If I were them, I would have called the police and let the children's parents be contacted. It's ridiculous that a child not old enough to have the common sense not show up at a strangers house is out wandering in the middle of the night.
^^^^ THIS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeggyCarter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PeggyCarter » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:51 am

If they disabled the bell they wouldn't know when all their takeaways and packages arrive ;)

cookiesandcream
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cookiesandcream » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:06 am

Oh I can hardly wait! A book of quotations from Alfie Deyes, the great modern day philosopher, who 'created' sayings such as:

"Do more of what makes you happy"

and probably next:

"Do less of what makes you unhappy"

cookiesandcream
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cookiesandcream » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:08 am

xoxo_madam wrote:
If they disabled the bell they wouldn't know when all their takeaways and packages arrive ;)
Haha, that perfectly sums up him and Zoe's lives in two words... takeaways and packages.

nelly_w
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nelly_w » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:06 pm

nixworld68
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by nixworld68 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:10 pm

Tweet on Dec 12 reads: "I really don't like to moan on Twitter". Proceeds to moan on Twitter.

CatchingFire
Talker
Talker

Post by CatchingFire » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:19 pm

Just read the tweets. He's really not helping himself!

A simple phonecall to the police and then a warning tweet would suffice to say that it's isn't acceptable to turn up at their house regardless and the police will be contacted any time it happens.

Moaning about it on Twitter does nothing. Admitting you open the door to these fans (even if you turn them away) will only encourage a few more idiots.

If you want to put an end to it get serious.

Jeweul
Informer
Informer

Post by Jeweul » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:15 pm

Stakhanov wrote:A stork keeping his eyes on the prize. Interesting. A theatrically placed purple monkey. Very good. A big daddy bear to lean on. Bonus points!

i_should_be_studying
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by i_should_be_studying » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:33 pm

I've started lurking GG threads recently, so sorry if anything I bring up has been mentioned in the past.

I generally steer clear of Alfie's content because his voice annoys me, but recently I lurked his twitter feed out of boredom. I noticed recently (Dec 13) he tweeted these all in a row:
"Im going to follow you back all evening to say thanks for showing the new video so much support <3"
*some tweet about his new video*
"ReTweet my previous tweet for a follow x"
"Time to follow you back"

I saw that the tweet about his video got 11k retweets...but he's only following 239 people? I highly doubt he followed anyone back, and if he did, he certainly wasn't on the type of following spree that his tweets suggested. And I'm not saying that YouTubers/other entertainers are obliged to follow their fans back. They're not. But it's wrong to tell your fans you're going to follow them back if they RT your video, and then not hold up your end of the deal. Does he do stuff like this often?
Maybe I'm nitpicking, but my younger cousin is a huge fan of a bunch of YouTubers and I imagine most of his fans are also younger girls. It makes me sad to see YouTubers manipulate their fans like that, especially when their fans are a bunch of kids!

chairman_meow
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chairman_meow » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:55 pm

i_should_be_studying wrote:I've started lurking GG threads recently, so sorry if anything I bring up has been mentioned in the past.

I generally steer clear of Alfie's content because his voice annoys me, but recently I lurked his twitter feed out of boredom. I noticed recently (Dec 13) he tweeted these all in a row:
"Im going to follow you back all evening to say thanks for showing the new video so much support <3"

I saw that the tweet about his video got 11k retweets...but he's only following 239 people? I highly doubt he followed anyone back, and if he did, he certainly wasn't on the type of following spree that his tweets suggested. And I'm not saying that YouTubers/other entertainers are obliged to follow their fans back. They're not. But it's wrong to tell your fans you're going to follow them back if they RT your video, and then not hold up your end of the deal. Does he do stuff like this often?
Maybe I'm nitpicking, but my younger cousin is a huge fan of a bunch of YouTubers and I imagine most of his fans are also younger girls. It makes me sad to see YouTubers manipulate their fans like that, especially when their fans are a bunch of kids!
He made an account JUST for following fans back, but of course he feels way too important to talk to any of them there....or tweet anything for that matter. It's a waste of time and his fans are so mind bogglingly blind about it.

nojessno

Post by nojessno » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:59 pm

i_should_be_studying wrote:I've started lurking GG threads recently, so sorry if anything I bring up has been mentioned in the past.

Alfie uses a different account to follow his fans back. He only uses that account to follow those people so it's completely useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

starrydust
Learner
Learner

Post by starrydust » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:07 pm

^ didn't he also turn his "follow back" account into an account to push is merch? I thought that was mega-shady.

Filmmucker
Talker
Talker

Post by Filmmucker » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:01 pm

Despite how poorly any YouTuber handles these sorts of situations, it is always, always, always messed up to visit someone's house uninvited. I know a lot of Tubers whine about ridiculous things, like being sent too much fan mail or what have you, but this is probably the most valid complaint a Tuber might have. In my opinion, it crosses a line that no viewer, fan, or whomever should cross. I can't imagine how scary that feeling is.

Cupcake Warpaint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cupcake Warpaint » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:55 pm

Filmmucker wrote:Despite how poorly any YouTuber handles these sorts of situations, it is always, always, always messed up to visit someone's house uninvited. I know a lot of Tubers whine about ridiculous things, like being sent too much fan mail or what have you, but this is probably the most valid complaint a Tuber might have. In my opinion, it crosses a line that no viewer, fan, or whomever should cross. I can't imagine how scary that feeling is.
It is absolutely disgusting that fans do that. What drives them to do it puzzles me. If you're a fan of someone, why would you want to be a nuisance to them?

But Zalfie really don't help themselves. For people who knew Brighton, where they live became pretty obvious pretty quickly. Pewdiepie and Marzia live in Brighton too, and they don't have this problem. Mainly because they have taken precautions to keep where they live fairly private.

Yes nobody should be harassed in their home, and yet Zalfie could have done so much more to protect themselves.

Return to “Pointless Blog”