Stef-ALL-IN-ie NutterButter: The Doc That Protests Too Much - Part 4

jendixon
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Stef-ALL-IN-ie NutterButter - Part 4

Post by jendixon »

I feel like she is reading on here. She always seems to respond to stuff people are saying- latest being addressing the baggy clothes. She seems very dependent on other people's opinions, so it's not surprising.

Post by Guest »

I am obsessed with this name! I was going to suggest The Doc That Protests Too Much, but this one's better. Anyways, a forum for EDs is a good idea, just add trigger warnings and maybe try not to include any graphic pictures that could be risky.

As for the Nutter Butter, I'm just over her. The merch, the journaling, the way she stands in the mirror with her "comfortable" clothes and always has to talk about being 15 pounds up and eating every hour. Get over yourself, Stephanie. :roll: If you really want to feel better about yourself, turn off your phone and learn to love yourself without the validation of anyone else--your fans, your mom, Jeff, nobody else. Only you. I'm sure she can find other things about herself that she feels good about, like her getting a PhD is hard work and she should be so proud she did that. She's badass for being there for her mother who's going through a hard time. Too bad she's taking those the wrong ways by filming herself take care of her mother for sympathy likes and selling unoriginal shirts with misguided advice instead of actually valuable scientific fitness guides. Whether she's eating 1200 calories or 4000 calories, she's just hungry for attention.

I also want to mention Jeff's whole reaction to this because he finally addressed it in a video. Urg.......I'm just underwhelmed. It's great that he's supportive, but he basically just explained whatever Stephanie explained but that's it. I expected there to be some reasoning why she shouldn't have gone on a steady bulk with maybe 2000-2500 calories that gradually increases instead of this. How is he not more skeptical of the whole thing? Like does he not care or is he just painfully ignorant of the whole situation? I really want to believe he's just letting her do her thing to not be so controlling or in her face, but it might backfire if she ends up hating how much weight she's gained in the end and resents Jeff for not doing anything about it like he did when she became underweight. I don't know, I'm over them both, but they seem to be doing fine otherwise.

Sputnik
Informer
Informer

Post by Sputnik »

Following

Post by Guest »

srirachujang wrote:I am obsessed with this name! I was going to suggest The Doc That Protests Too Much, but this one's better. Anyways, a forum for EDs is a good idea, just add trigger warnings and maybe try not to include any graphic pictures that could be risky.

As for the Nutter Butter, I'm just over her. The merch, the journaling, the way she stands in the mirror with her "comfortable" clothes and always has to talk about being 15 pounds up and eating every hour. Get over yourself, Stephanie. :roll: If you really want to feel better about yourself, turn off your phone and learn to love yourself without the validation of anyone else--your fans, your mom, Jeff, nobody else. Only you. I'm sure she can find other things about herself that she feels good about, like her getting a PhD is hard work and she should be so proud she did that. She's badass for being there for her mother who's going through a hard time. Too bad she's taking those the wrong ways by filming herself take care of her mother for sympathy likes and selling unoriginal shirts with misguided advice instead of actually valuable scientific fitness guides. Whether she's eating 1200 calories or 4000 calories, she's just hungry for attention.

I also want to mention Jeff's whole reaction to this because he finally addressed it in a video. Urg.......I'm just underwhelmed. It's great that he's supportive, but he basically just explained whatever Stephanie explained but that's it. I expected there to be some reasoning why she shouldn't have gone on a steady bulk with maybe 2000-2500 calories that gradually increases instead of this. How is he not more skeptical of the whole thing? Like does he not care or is he just painfully ignorant of the whole situation? I really want to believe he's just letting her do her thing to not be so controlling or in her face, but it might backfire if she ends up hating how much weight she's gained in the end and resents Jeff for not doing anything about it like he did when she became underweight. I don't know, I'm over them both, but they seem to be doing fine otherwise.

At this point I seriously think Jeff’s just in it for the $$$. That’s the only thing I can think of to explain why he enabled her tiny body and is now going along with this. Whatever gives them the most engagement, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rene1018
Informer
Informer

Post by rene1018 »

jendixon wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:30 pm
I feel like she is reading on here. She always seems to respond to stuff people are saying- latest being addressing the baggy clothes. She seems very dependent on other people's opinions, so it's not surprising.
For sure. In her story she also touched on the massive amount of carbs she eats vs fats (which ppl mentioned here)

Magnethicc
Talker
Talker

Post by Magnethicc »

Oh god. There is a Reddit thread about Stephanie on Instagram reality sub and there are a few people in the post warning people about her disordered eating and of course I had to comment as well.

All I get in return is that normal people also binge on thanksgivings(replying to 10 k challenges) and that their weights are completely ok again and there is no problem. And that people are over exaggerating and just jealous of her. frustrating.

People on thanksgiving aren’t people who try to keep up 18% body fat.

Irina
Debater
Debater

Post by Irina »

I don't know why and I am NOT a Jeff Fan at all, I think he is ridiculous but I still do think that they are genuinly in love and that his behaviour is just his way of "respecting your partners descissions". And we don't know what happens behind the scenes, maybe when she was so tiny he did raise concerns and she just convinced him she is ok?
Don't forget we are a lot of women with ED history here. Yes as a competitor Jeff must know that she wasn't healthy etc. etc. But I still think that he maybe was to naive to see how bad it is. Maybe even when she was very tiny she was complaining how "fat" she is and with his constant "praise" he just wanted to reasure her that he thinks she is hot and did not want to "enable" her behaviour but just be supportive.

We never know. Still HATE the thumbnail of this vid tho, IT SHOULD BE ABOUT HER HEALTH AND NOT HER BUTT omg. Every boyfriend should be happy about having a HEALTHY girlfriend over having a girlfriend with a big butt ugh (bc it looks like "see how great it is that my girlfriend is putting on weight because she gets a booty now"). I personally find it kind of objectifying like don't point at the butt of someone idk.
Please excuse my english, it's not my first language <3

Irina
Debater
Debater

Post by Irina »

I have noticed a great improvement of being hungry/having cravings when I don't consume msuch sugar (from processed foods) and also not eat too much fruit (I eat a lot of veggies tho). Yeah I know she shouldn't restrict at her stage but I think she still eats a lot of processed foods and high glucemic sugary stuff with not much fiber and I think that CAN mess up hunger signals. For me it surely does.
Please excuse my english, it's not my first language <3

zrin85
Talker
Talker

Post by zrin85 »

I think it's great she is finally acknowledging she needs to fix her enormous hunger but the thing she is doing is just as sick as restricting. Eating that many calories might please her brain but her LIVER will not handle it for long. I understand her body was in huge deficit for a long time and she actually needs all those calories to fix the damage and for her organ to recover but doing it by indulging in enormous amount of food will just do more damage. I hope she gets professional help, she is actually quite amazing woman but needs to sort out these issues.

Gorgon
Talker
Talker

Post by Gorgon »

The pointing at her butt in the thumbnail is REALLY rubbing me the wrong way.

Also there's no way she isn't reading it. She mentioned her baggy shirts and her carbs intake right after they were discussed here. Sure Jan.

czechcheck
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by czechcheck »

There´s a video on Stephanie´s cheat days and "all in" approach by Greg Doucette

The pinned comment in the comment section is from Jeff - a loooong essay defending Stephanie

Gossipmedium
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Stef-ALL-IN-ie NutterButter: The Doc That Protests Too Much - Part 4

Post by Gossipmedium »

Who ever made up this title deserves a paycheck! :rofl:

tomatoketchup
Debater
Debater

Post by tomatoketchup »

Gorgon wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:58 am
The pointing at her butt in the thumbnail is REALLY rubbing me the wrong way.

Also there's no way she isn't reading it. She mentioned her baggy shirts and her carbs intake right after they were discussed here. Sure Jan.
Yep
Screenshot_20190624-084246_Instagram.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aerialmindful
Informer
Informer

Post by aerialmindful »

Aya Ishikawa
Learner
Learner

Post by Aya Ishikawa »

The butt thumbnail is a bad joke. As if we wouldn't know she is the mistress of the angle. Jeff is either very dumb or very smart and really just in for the $$$.
And yes, Steph, indeed - NOW you wear it for comfort, sure! Just be honest and say you need to get used to a bloated stomach, it's not that nobody ever experienced it.
I wish this girl would stop with all this bullshit, get off the phone and talk to a therapist about her problems.

Nope nope
Informer
Informer

Post by Nope nope »

I'm just going to post Jeff's pinned comment here (from the video mentioned above) in case some of you won't go there. I think it's a good reply from him and clearly show's how supportive he is. Note that even Jeff refers to ED's in his comment, not claiming Steph has one but obviously alluding to the fact that this ALL IN is a corrective action after years of somewhat problematic eating habits. I bolded some bits as it's quite a wall of text.
Jeff Nippard wrote: Hey Greg, I wanted to clarify a few misconceptions as I watched – I won’t get to everything you said. I’ve been subbed to Greg since like 2013 btw (before it was cool), so I saw this on my sub feed…

1. Steph’s “all in” idea isn’t to continue eating 4000 calories to obesity. The goal is to find a healthy “settling point” at a higher bodyweight. In high school, before dieting and fitness, Steph was around 130-140 lbs and although she had a big appetite, didn’t have the same hunger or food focus. My guess is she will cap out around there but maybe overshoot it a bit. For a 5’4 female, that’s healthy. Certainly healthier than maintaining like 13% bodyfat. I don’t think prolonging the weight gain and doing it more slowly and “balanced” is the way to go in her specific case (actually, that was her original plan and it really was just making things worse) because it was still oriented around restriction. So the end result would be that she’d gain all this weight, but still feel hungry and be more likely to yo-yo. Like you, I’m not an expert, but the ED literature (where the concept borrows from) agrees with this.

2. Her PhD is in Pathology and Cell Biology. Her research was on Ovarian Cancer. She never claims to be an expert in nutrition and has said so many times what her PhD is in. She doesn’t try to fake that it’s a nutrition degree. She also doesn’t offer nutrition coaching and never has. The cheat day videos are for entertainment, and she says that in the videos.

3. Honestly, the cheat days go down exactly as you see it in the videos. One impt thing you got wrong was what she does after the cheat days. She never keeps eating in a surplus (you said 4000 calories) after those. She’ll go back to eating her usual (I dunno) 1600-2000 cal diet in the coming days and her weight will go back to baseline after a couple days. There’s no faking or staging. Yeah, not everyone would respond the same way as her and I couldn’t fathom eating that much myself but if you look at the food community on YouTube, there are people about Steph’s size who eat her cheat days in a single meal. I think eating capacity and how you respond to massive overfeeding is mostly genetic. Steph is probably an outlier for both.

4. The cheat days were initially an idea to help make her life more enjoyable without killing progress. She wasn’t the first to try this but got the most popular doing it. Other people with HUGE appetites found the “if it fits your macros” approach to be almost insulting – fitting in a bit of junk food just made things worse (cravings, hunger, etc) – so they would stick to a clean diet most of the time and then have one day to eat what they wanted. Yes, I think Steph can get away with bigger cheats than most (maybe for genetic reasons) but at the end of the week it’s calories in vs calories out and it was actually decent approach that worked for her specific situation (with the massive appetite, etc).I don’t think she’d necessarily recommend other people do it and started disclaiming that in more recent vids.

5. The new “all in” concept borrows from the ED community and is different from the cheat day strategy. It is a long-term approach she’s taken on under the counsel of Dr. Nicola Rinaldi, an expert in the field. It isn’t a marketing thing like you make it out to be – in fact, she honestly expected it to hurt her from a business perspective but wanted to do it for her mental and physical health.

6. I don’t expect most of the men watching or reading to get it. I probably wouldn’t myself if I didn’t live with her and see first hand what is going on, but I think that it’s best to treat people as individuals and realize that there is never one size that will fit for everyone. I appreciate you keeping the criticism respectful and obviously you’re free to voice your opinion, but since we’re in pretty regular contact, it would’ve been easy for you to get more of the facts right before making it public and further adding to the misconceptions. Hopefully this will help clarify some things.

SnoopyDoggo
Learner
Learner

Post by SnoopyDoggo »

Can just say can people please remember the distinction between EDs and disordered eating... THEY ARE VERY DIFFERENT and I feel like the terms are being used interchangeably. Also Jeff on that comment, I’d youd ever been anywhere near an inpatient refereeing unit you’d know that just gaining as fast as poss isn’t the recommended literature. Also regardless what people are forgetting is if you have an ed which is a mental disorder you don’t want to suddenly eat loads, you can’t just decide to eat again! It’s a lengthy psychiatric process. Lol rant over

SM4LYF
Talker
Talker

Post by SM4LYF »

Idk I think we all should agree that we don't really know what she was doing in her day to day behind the scenes. But it must have been bad enough for people to be able to pick up on it through her videos. In my experience I very much had an ED but my metabolism was so slow that I appeared perfectly healthy on the outside. I ate about 500 calories a day plus exercise and I cannot stress enough that I looked perfectly normal. And what's frustrating is all the bro science guys that make videos saying metabolic damage isn't real when I've experienced it first hand, as did Stephanie.

EDs can happen in the psychological way where the person is like afraid of food or whatever. Or they can happen how they did to me or Stephanie aka going on a cut or a diet that fucked up your metabolism. It basically forces you into an ED and you don't even realize it. Either way, they both deserve recovery the same way. She's been on this "fitness" kick for years. Doing intense training and not eating enough at all. She's got a hugeee backlog of calories that her body missed out on. So unless you've been through this process yourself, idk I wouldn't judge saying that she should just "do a reverse diet" or that her "liver isn't going to be able to keep up."

The crazy hunger signals she's getting are very much biological. She's listening to her body for the first time in years. Her body isn't going to make her have this obscene appetite and focus on food just for fun. It's there cause her body needs those calories. You can't outsmart your body. Stepanie tried, I tried, but your body will always win.

SM4LYF
Talker
Talker

Post by SM4LYF »

Jeff's response to that video is very telling. And just confirms what I thought was going on. Steph and I have the same stories. It's not textbook anorexia or bulimia. To me, those are very much mental illnesses. But as for Stephanie, before she got into "fitness" she was a healthy 130-140lb 5"4' girl. I ironically am exactly the same height and weight set point range. She had a healthy appetite as well as a healthy relationship with food. She didn't think about food all the time like she does now, nor did she have to count her calories or macros in order to maintain her set point range. Then unfortunately she starts her fitness journey, listens to the typical diet rhetoric and bro science. She cuts her calories wayyyy too low. Jeff says her usual diet was around 1600-2000. That is not enough food at all !! Especially someone who trains at the capacity that she does. But she starts to tone up and believes that the workouts and the diet plans are working. Which they do, but only temporarily.

Your body sees this as a famine and slows down the metabolism. It cannot tell the difference between an actual famine or a self induced famine like a diet. It also cannot tell the difference between you exercising at the gym in your new lululemons or having to migrate to find more food. Everything in the body slows down. Your menstruation can stop, body temp lowers, hormones get fucked. Your brain becomes fixated on food because it's trying to keep you alive. Metabolism slows and you stop losing weight. But you blame yourself, try a new diet, cut out a new food group, train longer and harder. You drop a few more pounds but plateau again. So you cut out even more food groups, and lower calories. Then before you know it, BOOM you have an eating disorder. You encounter your first binge, not because you're gluttonous but because it's your body's response to chronic hunger. Your body is prepared to store every last drop of those extra calories and it does. Then you either purge through exercise or laxatives etc to offset that extra weight. This leads to a vicious cycle and now you're bulimic before you even know it.

And what sucks is that the diet industry profits off of this. That's why people plateau and yo yo diet. Going from Weight Watchers, to Atkins, to Paleo, to IIFYM, etc. But if you have a very high self discipline like me or Steph, each time you plateau you buckle down and try harder instead of gaining it all back. That's how the ED starts. Even tho it's not your typical ED route. And even tho you don't look emaciated.

Now, Steph is doing something similar to what's called a Minnie Maud recovery plan. It's when you eat a minimum of 3,500 calories a day for a specific amount of time. What makes Steph different from your typical anorexic/bulemic is that she wants to eat the food whereas your typical ED patient will put the food in their hair or smush it around so they don't have to eat. That's how you know she's coming from a different mindset. It took a while for Steph to realize that she dug herself into a deep hole and that the was the only way to get out of it was to eat and overshoot her weight temporarily. And for everyone saying she should be doing this under a professional, she is. As per Jeff saying "The new “all in” concept borrows from the ED community and is different from the cheat day strategy. It is a long-term approach she’s taken on under the counsel of Dr. Nicola Rinaldi, an expert in the field."

I see myself in her so much. I also see how a lot of people around her don't understand what's happening or why she's doing it. Why she isn't just doing a reverse diet, because she's too far gone for what a reverse diet could fix. My mom didn't believe me when I told her I had an ED because I didn't look like I did. But all my roommates who actually lived with me and never saw me eat or saw how weird I was around food were like "duh! I know!" Even Jeff said this in his response: "I don’t expect most of the men watching or reading to get it. I probably wouldn’t myself if I didn’t live with her and see first hand what is going on."

So honestly I respect her a ton for this and for documenting it. And give her a break with how disordered her mind is. I was there too. You're in such a tunnel vision with this diet and fitness mindset that it takes a while to have a normal relationship with food and exercise again. But she'll get there.

ssrcardy
Learner
Learner

Post by ssrcardy »

I honestly think that video “calling her out” was a little to aggressive. Maybe I just don’t like his style of video? But he made so many blanket statements that could be false for different individuals. Like “a woman who is 5’ 4 should eat half of what I eat” that is a stupid comment. And also I think he could have made this video with the same message but in a more factual delivery. I mean I got the sense that this video was to humiliate her? Idk, it rubs me the wrong way when someone’s intention is not to inform but to humiliate. So I actually hated this video he did more than what she was doing.

Return to “Stephanie Buttermore - Archived Threads”