Grace BL_ND UK: Blaming Glitches And Her Degree 2019 - Part 6

SRW88
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Grace BL_ND UK: Blaming Glitches And Her Degree 2019 - Part 6

Post by SRW88 »

So, here's one for you... watched Flora's 'how we met' video with her boyfriend (why? Who can say...) and there's the typical 'we met in the university gym/ athletic club' deal... but oh, look at that! He's from a landed gentry family :rofl: Well well, of all the people to bump into and with whom to form a relationship, and of all the people for it to happen to- down-to-Earth everygirl Flora!

It's not like people from that background are really RARE per se, it's just it WOULD be Flora who just happens to be going out with such a person, wouldn't it :roll: It wouldn't even be anything more than 'eh, whatever, good luck to them'-worthy if not for the whole b.s. hiding the extent of their rich background aspect. The nearest any of them have, to my knowledge, EVER come was in an 'assumptions' video with a surfer girl/ model friend, Flora is presented with a submission along the lines of 'you're from a privileged background' and she gives a really passive-aggressive response like 'Well yeah, that's not a hard one to assume; I'm very aware of it but there's not much I can do about it' (as though we're expecting you to give every penny away and join a convent :roll: ) The only reason she even acknowledged it to that extent, in my mind, is because her friend later describes her own one-parent, less-than-rich background and probably Flora couldn't get away with being as off-hand as is their usual way.

lou506
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by lou506 »

Dhx wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:57 pm
Ask yourself. Do you wear glasses, buy your clothes from primark, don’t play sports , procrastinate your weekend away and have less than B cups? Because that’s not how you succeed in getting what grace has.
You do realise you're completely agreeing with what the majority of people on here have said about genetics and privilege being the main reason for Grace's success with this statement? Also Grace wears glasses so no idea what you're getting at there with people who wear glasses.

Uselesstube
Learner
Learner

Post by Uselesstube »

I'm friends with a few of the PT's at my gym because we're all similar ages/have mutual friends and earlier today we got onto chatting about fitness/social media and fitness influencers. They brought up that they're sick of the workouts, guides etc... some of them post and sell because a) some are not technically qualified to give that advice and b) in so many videos they post etc.. their own form is so completely off in exercises so they're not giving out credible content. All of them brought Grace up multiple times. Lol she ain't liked in the actual qualified fitness world

Noonehb
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Noonehb »

Told myself I wouldn’t post on this board but the council estate thing has really annoyed me. Not only is it out of touch and could be classed as appropriation, it just lacks creativity! If I was a photographer or was in brand marketing I would be ashamed of that. No thought has gone into it, they just walked round London in their bright clothes trying to find some aesthetic that doesn’t even match. They talk about it being an outfit for festivals and summer - why not make it that? Have them at a theme park or in Brighton (because you know, she’s so supportive of LGBT as well) or play on the fact it’s neon and have them outside a diner that has neon lights at night, or anywhere else with neon lights... I’m sure there’s plenty of places like that in London if she doesn’t want to pay to have them travel anywhere else. It just doesn’t make sense, it doesn’t go with the feel of the brand, to have the models walking round a council estate in this neon activewear? (There we are TALA team, you can have that idea for free)

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

New intro to highlight that she’s really no longer fitness

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

Double post: but her team are so young! It’s slightly worrying that her business team are all such young girls

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

dietgossip wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:43 pm
Double post: but her team are so young! It’s slightly worrying that her business team are all such young girls
Yeah, you don't need everyone to be old, but it looks as though the most corporate experience in the group is Grace's one year internship. There's a lot to learn just by being in a corporate environment for a few years, if not just to see all the different tracking/reporting that goes on behind the scenes and potential mishaps and how a company might prevent and/or mitigate them. I don't think it's a coincidence that her very young and inexperienced team handled the fail of a launch in the way that they did. They don't seem to have any of the back end set up to handle things, probably because they don't know how to. Kind of reminds me of when Bucci "biz master" was stumbling upon business tools that literally everyone already uses and "teaching" us about them.

regina_giddens
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by regina_giddens »

What is Flora's youtube channel?

LaurenS932
Talker
Talker

Post by LaurenS932 »

regina_giddens wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:05 pm
What is Flora's youtube channel?
Foodfitnessflora

Dontstopmenow
Debater
Debater

Post by Dontstopmenow »

Noonehb wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:38 pm
Told myself I wouldn’t post on this board but the council estate thing has really annoyed me. Not only is it out of touch and could be classed as appropriation, it just lacks creativity! If I was a photographer or was in brand marketing I would be ashamed of that. No thought has gone into it, they just walked round London in their bright clothes trying to find some aesthetic that doesn’t even match. They talk about it being an outfit for festivals and summer - why not make it that? Have them at a theme park or in Brighton (because you know, she’s so supportive of LGBT as well) or play on the fact it’s neon and have them outside a diner that has neon lights at night, or anywhere else with neon lights... I’m sure there’s plenty of places like that in London if she doesn’t want to pay to have them travel anywhere else. It just doesn’t make sense, it doesn’t go with the feel of the brand, to have the models walking round a council estate in this neon activewear? (There we are TALA team, you can have that idea for free)
I’m surprised she didn’t go and shoot the campaign with the still scorched grenfell tower in the background! Smdh! She is so vile and tacky!

PineappleQueen19
Learner
Learner

Post by PineappleQueen19 »

I can only imagine the euphemisms used when discussing shoot locations.

“I want somewhere really urban and edgy”

LaurenS932
Talker
Talker

Post by LaurenS932 »

As someone who has lived their entire life on a council estate, they're pretty mundane :P I don't see how it's a 'trend' at all.

good2gossip
Learner
Learner

Post by good2gossip »

It's the strongest example of cultural appropriation I've ever seen. Might use it for my 57395 dissertations.

shishtarsalma
Informer
Informer

Post by shishtarsalma »

good2gossip wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:01 pm
It's the strongest example of cultural appropriation I've ever seen. Might use it for my 57395 dissertations.
wasnt her dissertation on black peoples influence on music or something along those lines?

routron
Learner
Learner

Post by routron »

shishtarsalma wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:15 am
good2gossip wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:01 pm
wasnt her dissertation on black peoples influence on music or something along those lines?
I vaguely remember one of the many dissertations being something about Amy Winehouse being guilty of cultural appropriation in her music.

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

I was thinking that her assistant was joking about her dissertation being looked at for plagiarism but she's posted pics from someone else's Oxford Brookes graduation so it looks like graduations have been taking place but hers hasn't.

LaurenS932
Talker
Talker

Post by LaurenS932 »

I wonder if that means she's been found guilty then, otherwise she'd obviously be graduating.

regina_giddens
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by regina_giddens »

Whaaaaaat. Where did her assistant say this? I find it hard to believe Grace would plagiarise, surely she is not that stupid. Different graduation ceremonies happen at different times, so unless this person was literally in her degree it doesn't mean much.

nomaddie
Debater
Debater

Post by nomaddie »

regina_giddens wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:03 pm
Whaaaaaat. Where did her assistant say this? I find it hard to believe Grace would plagiarise, surely she is not that stupid. Different graduation ceremonies happen at different times, so unless this person was literally in her degree it doesn't mean much.
not Grace herself, her assistant Emily, she posted it on her instagram story a few weeks ago. haven’t seen anything since.

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

I know it’s been mentioned before but I really wish those girls with amazing figures would stop posting on the group talking about how horrible they look.

Return to “GraceFitUK - Archived Threads”