Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Athletic Apparel Discussion - Part 3

Post by poleazn »

jac123456 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:45 pm
does anyone have any tips on how to find decent nutrition guides? Feeling super unmotivated and have no idea how to filter through all the bs influencer ones
don't buy a guide. make an appointment with a registered dietitian. OR make sure your information is from a registered dietitian. I like Georgie Fear's Lean Habits.

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Healthyish85 »

lol glad the people who got alplalete stuff are happy with their orders because the majority of comments i saw on their recent IG pic are...not. way too many reports of the leggings immediately ripping or pilling for me to seriously consider, even tho the new colors are pretty. i wonder if a lot of people are buying them too small or something? just seems like a ton of complaints. and a lot about how slow shipping is. i thought they said that would be improved with this new Relay company they are using or whatever.

whiskeyweights
Debater
Debater

Post by whiskeyweights »

Healthyish85 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:10 pm
lol glad the people who got alplalete stuff are happy with their orders because the majority of comments i saw on their recent IG pic are...not. way too many reports of the leggings immediately ripping or pilling for me to seriously consider, even tho the new colors are pretty. i wonder if a lot of people are buying them too small or something? just seems like a ton of complaints. and a lot about how slow shipping is. i thought they said that would be improved with this new Relay company they are using or whatever.
Oh wow. I haven't read the comments but 9/10 times people order the wrong sizes. I got the medium which fit perfect but as I was working out they stretched out a little and then felt loose. Thats my only complaint along with the length. Also I ordered that Saturday and I think they were shipped out Monday or Tuesday and I got them Friday the 3rd.

Jerseybitch
Informer
Informer

Post by Jerseybitch »

OOOOF! My backless Alphalete sports bra is mad cute but it is pretty big (I got a small). Also, I hate the R6 legging material. It is so hot and thick and I didn't like the shape of the crotch gusset. They fit well, just not my jam. I sent them back today. I have gotten so used to that naked, second skin feeling that I am unwilling to part from it!

kalistaxxmatic
Debater
Debater

Post by kalistaxxmatic »

i ended up ordering the R6 leggings and the new bra.
i am a 34DD and ordered a small bra because of how many people said that the bra ran big (I get so nervous ordering bras without adjustable straps.. hope this wasn't a mistake)
will let you guys know what I think...

poleazn
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by poleazn »

I'm a 32B, got the Alphalete vault bra in a small and I have the lat gapping problem. Cute bra but wish that extra fold of fabric would go away.

jaenerys
Talker
Talker

Post by jaenerys »

ok weird question but where do you guys get thongs for your workout leggings? The ones I come across are always either too thick and can be seen at the waistband, or are too flimsy and are more sexy than actually functional

Jerseybitch
Informer
Informer

Post by Jerseybitch »

jaenerys wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:57 pm
ok weird question but where do you guys get thongs for your workout leggings? The ones I come across are always either too thick and can be seen at the waistband, or are too flimsy and are more sexy than actually functional
TBH some of my faves have come from Marshalls and TJMAXX! I really like the Felina ones for working out. They have cotton ones with a lace waistband and seamless as well. Super cheap and come in a bundle.

japeterson42
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by japeterson42 »

i just recently bought flexxfitt a couple months ago. the pumpkin spice color was really cheap and i really like it but they get really thick and tight feeling after washing. not like they are shrinking. it's the weirdest thing
lmaooo

kalistaxxmatic
Debater
Debater

Post by kalistaxxmatic »

my R6 leggings where a hit! I am impressed.
I originally ordered the black and now have placed an order for the formula red.
I got a size small (size 4 to 6 in lulu normally)
they are thick but not scratchy thick (like alot of the fabletics leggings).
they are NOT soft.. any of their alphalete athletes claiming they are soft are full of shit; they are not the buttery align fabric in the slightest.
they are more of athletic fabric (which I like)

I also bought one of their bras (in the formula red color)
Color is hot! its very eye catching; which is what I was going for.
as far as sizing... ehh. I got a small and I am a 34D or 34DD. and... imo..it was too big in the cup area (it was not supportive enough imo).
The back looks great; its really frames the lats nicely (and I have lats)
however I felt the cups where not supportive enough; though, I feel like i have this problem whenever I buy bras that do not have adjustable straps. so maybe its a me thing and I just need the adjustable straps.
I did order another in a size XS.. i just find it strange that someone who is a D to DD cup would need an xs.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

I hate myself. I finally saw some alphalete leggings at the gym and I liked them. The girl had a nice physique... nothing crazy, but they didn't make her look like a baboon or awkwardly shaped. Contrast that to the tons of gymshark I see and it makes me embarrassed to even own my 2 long sleeve seamless shirts :rofl: I still can't bring myself to buy anything with alphalete on it.

All Hale To Kale
Informer
Informer

Post by All Hale To Kale »

Question: I like the sparkly athleisure sets Heidi was wearing from Buffbunny collection for her latest meet up. I don’t like Heidi and don’t want to give her my $$$. Where can I find similar sets that are high quality? Thanks!

f-c
Learner
Learner

Post by f-c »

All Hale To Kale wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 3:08 pm
Question: I like the sparkly athleisure sets Heidi was wearing from Buffbunny collection for her latest meet up. I don’t like Heidi and don’t want to give her my $$$. Where can I find similar sets that are high quality? Thanks!
I'm not sure if it's still in stock, but I spotted some identical sets at Target a while back.

All Hale To Kale
Informer
Informer

f-c wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 3:55 pm
All Hale To Kale wrote:
I'm not sure if it's still in stock, but I spotted some identical sets at Target a while back.
I checked and didn’t see any on targets website :(
Guest wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:05 pm
All Hale To Kale wrote:
They're similar to Beyond Yoga's glittery ones...I don't remember what they're called, but I know they are definitely more expensive than the BB ones.
Going to take a look at these, I’ve never heard of that brand before. Thanks!

FakinFakinFakin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FakinFakinFakin »

Guest wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:05 pm
All Hale To Kale wrote:
They're similar to Beyond Yoga's glittery ones...I don't remember what they're called, but I know they are definitely more expensive than the BB ones.
Yep they're a complete rip off of the Beyond Yoga ones. Chanel Collette did a great review on them:

She said after one wash on the gentle cycle the metallic was peeling off of the Buff Bunny ones.

Nope nope
Informer
Informer

Post by Nope nope »

Did you guys get something from the Gymshark summer sale? I've never ordered anything from them but decided to get the grey camo leggings that I've been eyeing for a long time. They were only -20% off but I must say I was quite impressed with the sales. Plenty of stuff 70 % off and 50 % off and much of it was fairly new too. I did consider getting the Isla cardigan too since 20 euros is really dirt cheap for 100 % merino wool.

Obviously it also means they must have had plenty of stock they need to get rid of, so maybe the sales haven't been as good as expected this year.

Post by Guest »

I just placed an order, the sale has been going for 3+ hours and there was plentyyy of stuff left. I wasn't even going to order but they had cute joggers for 70% off and I'm a high waisted sweatpant hoe. Ugh.

good girl
Informer
Informer

Post by good girl »

I looked through the sale collection and idk if it's different per region bit nothing caught my eye. I only have 3 GS leggings and i liked the Dream the most but unfortunately i didn't like the ones on sale

All Hale To Kale
Informer
Informer

By the time I checked GS sale, all the food stuff was sold out 🤷🏻‍♀️ TBH, I’m wary of buying from them anyway because whenever I’ve seen someone wear their leggings at the gym, it hasn’t been flattering. It’s clear they don’t offer compression leggings so I’m probably better off getting another brand anyway. Even Nikki looked bad in some of the GS pants she was promoting on IG for the sale and I think she has a great body.

etoiles139
Learner
Learner

Post by etoiles139 »

Been 8 days since my gymshark order, literally placed it 6 minutes past the sale starting time and haven't even had a dispatch email yet!! Some people have been receiving orders today and others are receiving emails saying what they ordered a week ago has gone out of stock and have been given a 20% off code. Fingers crossed my full order is delivered eventually because a 20% code for next time doesn't really cut it when what someone ordered was probably 50% off

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”