Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ste-phony Cuttermore - Part 3

Post by Jessy »

emlamp10n wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:33 am
That merch thing really rubbed me the wrong way especially the cheat day shirt. This totally sends the wrong message. Imo, cheat days and recovery do not go together AT ALL since one implies some kind of restriction or compensation while the other is trying to get rid of those behaviors.

On a different note, is that girl truly craving a pound of unseasoned boiled potatoes and frozen fruit?! I don’t know seems strange to me, I feel like she’s just eating that bc they’re “Whole Foods”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Her merch is so uncreative. Just awful.

Post by Guest »

Jessy wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:31 pm
emlamp10n wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:33 am
That merch thing really rubbed me the wrong way especially the cheat day shirt. This totally sends the wrong message. Imo, cheat days and recovery do not go together AT ALL since one implies some kind of restriction or compensation while the other is trying to get rid of those behaviors.

On a different note, is that girl truly craving a pound of unseasoned boiled potatoes and frozen fruit?! I don’t know seems strange to me, I feel like she’s just eating that bc they’re “Whole Foods”.

Her merch is so uncreative. Just awful.
They’re the kind of shirts that you wouldn’t care about getting dirty or you’d wear them to the gym when you don’t care about looking good. You can even barely see the logos so no one would bother to come up and ask you about your shirt.

Jessy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Jessy »

intotheohno95 wrote:
Jessy wrote: Her merch is so uncreative. Just awful.
They’re the kind of shirts that you wouldn’t care about getting dirty or you’d wear them to the gym when you don’t care about looking good. You can even barely see the logos so no one would bother to come up and ask you about your shirt.
Yes and they are just so lazy. She really couldn't think of ANYTHING? So she just wrote out random phrases that pertain to her channel in a completely boring, nondescript font. With no color. If people buy that there is no hope for humanity lmao. She may as well have made one that just said "FITNESS" on it too. It actually seems like a joke, thats how bad it is.

Bhizbhalifa
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Bhizbhalifa »

I cant with the merch. She has the makings to be the next Brittany Dawn. She has been deceitful and manipulative and she seems to have no concern for who she is hurting with this, only that she keeps making money. She'll take advantage of of people's sympathy to keep doing what she is doing. It's only a matter of time before she is found out.

wilmadawn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn »

Jessy wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:52 pm
intotheohno95 wrote: They’re the kind of shirts that you wouldn’t care about getting dirty or you’d wear them to the gym when you don’t care about looking good. You can even barely see the logos so no one would bother to come up and ask you about your shirt.
Yes and they are just so lazy. She really couldn't think of ANYTHING? So she just wrote out random phrases that pertain to her channel in a completely boring, nondescript font. With no color. If people buy that there is no hope for humanity lmao. She may as well have made one that just said "FITNESS" on it too. It actually seems like a joke, thats how bad it is.
people on the internet will buy anything, i won't be surprised if she sells out. people are very strange, i would rather donate my money than to buy such a dumb shirt. i mean, why? You can go to walmart and buy a plain tee like the ones shes selling but people have to have a shirt that says cheat day? whyyyyyyyy

fritzness
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fritzness »

"i'M iN rEcOvErY" *poses with donuts and decadent desserts*

dovahqueen
Learner
Learner

Post by dovahqueen »

Jesus Christ. With the intense cuts "fOr sCiENcE", then consuming disgusting amounts of sugar and cholesterol, I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up diabetic before age 40.

ssrcardy
Learner
Learner

Post by ssrcardy »

Regarding her new merch...I like how it is simple. Don’t agree with the sayings. But I always find it a little cringey with the merch that screams “this is a youtubers” shirt. Idk just weird to me to wear YouTuber merch...so I like how she went simple. Just wish she did different sayings

domogru3
Informer
Informer

Post by domogru3 »

She replied to a comment under her recent Instagram post saying she NEVER recommends weighing yourself...

You literally promote a scale??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Iwatoosh
Talker
Talker

Post by Iwatoosh »

She put an unskippable ad on what is then a two minute ad for her merch. Money hungry, much?

emlamp10n
Debater
Debater

Post by emlamp10n »

She sounds like she has major brain fog in her ad video for her ugly ass shirts.

lovenotee
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by lovenotee »

I'm a lurker and used to be a fan of Stephanie until all this "all in" mess. I had to come here to say something because I have no one to vent it to. I raised a brow at her cheat days but thought, "well they're bad and promote disordered eating, but I don't have to watch them." I continued to watch her fitness videos and even followed her specialization program for a few weeks. This "all in" crap was the last straw for me. She is a true definition of a binge eater and her message to her viewers, especially YOUNG women is fucking baffling as to how she thinks it's a good idea. I just watched her "all in merch" video and I am floored. She's glorifying the fuck out of binge eating and being gluttonous and if I was 16 again and watched her, I'd order a dozen donuts tomorrow morning and eat it all in one setting. And probably keep doing it and justify it by bEiNg aLL iN. Thankfully I'm in my mid 20's now and can see through her shit. Does it ever occur to this educated woman that she feels like she needs to have cheat days and binges because she HEAVILY RESTRICTS herself? There are YOUNG GIRLS watching her who will develop binge eating disorders because of her and how the fuck does she not feel bad about that?!

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

domogru3 wrote:She replied to a comment under her recent Instagram post saying she NEVER recommends weighing yourself...

Lol and she’s meticulously counting the weight she’s gained.

FoodGusher
Informer
Informer

Post by FoodGusher »

Iwatoosh wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:20 pm
She put an unskippable ad on what is then a two minute ad for her merch. Money hungry, much?
Get an adblocker browser extension.

I've only ever seen one YouTube ad before, and that was when I had accidentally disabled my adblocker. If I wanted to see ads I'd watch tv.

jaenerys
Talker
Talker

Post by jaenerys »

domogru3 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:24 pm
She replied to a comment under her recent Instagram post saying she NEVER recommends weighing yourself...

lmao tbh I bought that scale, was at a weak point

Jessy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Jessy »

She really gained that weight quick. I don’t understand why she needs to go to such extremes. She can’t just eat at a small deficit to lose some fat she has to crash diet / starve herself until she looks skeletal. Now instead of eating at a maintenance or reverse dieting slowly, she’s eating like twice her maintenance and rapidly gaining weight. That’s not healthy at all either. She needs serious help. She is going to become overweight now and hate herself even more.

happy camper
Talker
Talker

Post by happy camper »

lovenotee wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:51 pm
I continued to watch her fitness videos and even followed her specialization program for a few weeks.
How did you like the program? Not that I'm thinking of buying it, but I'm curious how it is!

Irina
Debater
Debater

Post by Irina »

Jessy wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:28 am
She really gained that weight quick. I don’t understand why she needs to go to such extremes. She can’t just eat at a small deficit to lose some fat she has to crash diet / starve herself until she looks skeletal. Now instead of eating at a maintenance or reverse dieting slowly, she’s eating like twice her maintenance and rapidly gaining weight. That’s not healthy at all either. She needs serious help. She is going to become overweight now and hate herself even more.
Normally I would agree with you! But I think she really comes from a long time of restricting her calories (when she is not doing a cheat day) and I am pretty sure that she didn't have her period in quite a while.
When your body is at that stage it might really need an overshot of calories. With gaining weight slowly it would take for ever till the body realises it is not in starvation mode anymore (not a big believer in the "starvation mode" as it is often suggested - I just mean that stress-hormones, sex-hormones etc. might still need a long time until they are produced/realeased normally).

Her strategy is definitely not a good idea for people who only dieted a bit or might lost their period short term due to a phase of weight loss. But I think Stephanie is really sick of always having to restrict herself (and I am sure she did that before the series of her cheat days started).
I also don't think that she promotes this, she clearly stated that thats not for most people - and yeah I know a lot of youtubers say that when they do cheat days as well and Stephanie always pretended her cheat days didn't cause permanent weight gain (which was a massive lie and so fucking wrong) but with this strategy she clearly states & shows that she is gaining a lot of weight.
Don't know why anyone who isn't at the place where she is would want to copy that (since most people want to avoid gaining fat).

Not a big Stephanie fan and I don't know whether it really needs 5000 calories but I think the all-in thing can actually be helpful.
Please excuse my english, it's not my first language <3

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

Irina wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:00 am
Jessy wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:28 am
Normally I would agree with you! But I think she really comes from a long time of restricting her calories (when she is not doing a cheat day) and I am pretty sure that she didn't have her period in quite a while.
When your body is at that stage it might really need an overshot of calories. With gaining weight slowly it would take for ever till the body realises it is not in starvation mode anymore (not a big believer in the "starvation mode" as it is often suggested - I just mean that stress-hormones, sex-hormones etc. might still need a long time until they are produced/realeased normally).

Her strategy is definitely not a good idea for people who only dieted a bit or might lost their period short term due to a phase of weight loss. But I think Stephanie is really sick of always having to restrict herself (and I am sure she did that before the series of her cheat days started).
I also don't think that she promotes this, she clearly stated that thats not for most people - and yeah I know a lot of youtubers say that when they do cheat days as well and Stephanie always pretended her cheat days didn't cause permanent weight gain (which was a massive lie and so fucking wrong) but with this strategy she clearly states & shows that she is gaining a lot of weight.
Don't know why anyone who isn't at the place where she is would want to copy that (since most people want to avoid gaining fat).

Not a big Stephanie fan and I don't know whether it really needs 5000 calories but I think the all-in thing can actually be helpful.
Yeah I have some issues with her protocol (like still including cheat days) but she's pretty loosely following an ED recovery protocol. The fact is you will gain weight quickly (food/water/and yes, vital fat), but it slows down. Her body was shutting down, as evidenced by how she felt and she doesn't need to worry too much about weight right now. It takes so much of a surplus to restore functions that have shut down as well as repair damage to tissues. She'll probably gain a lot around vital organs (aka midsection) at first but once her body balances out her hunger will subside (provided she isn't restricting food in other ways like processed foods she really craves) and the fat will redistribute and or she'll burn it as she puts on actual muscle. And by that time her metabolism probably will be able to handle 2500 calories (or maybe a little less since she's on the shorter side... or more if she is working out/building muscle).

And she pretty much has disproven her previous videos of normal days of eating where she supposedly ate 2400 cal/day. She wouldn't be feeling this way (and she was already doing cheat days... so I don't really care if it were pre mini-cut or not) if she were eating that high. But we all knew that anyways.

hanzzz9403
Lurker
Lurker

Post by hanzzz9403 »

Does Stephanie have friends? I feel like she needs some to help her. Maybe if she had people other than Jeff and her mom in her life she would be less focused on food. It’s actually sad because I feel like she has replaced friendships with food obsession which I dealt with at one point and I was thinking about food 24/7. Whether she’s eating 4000 or 1000 calories she’s still food focused.

Return to “Stephanie Buttermore - Archived Threads”