Whitney "It's a beautiful day to be orange" Simmons - Part 4

Julestielman
Informer
Informer

Re: Whitney "It's a beautiful day to be orange" Simmons - Part 4

Post by Julestielman » Tue May 28, 2019 7:41 am

thotiana4life wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 1:05 pm
In the 4th video of her insta post today she put a “split squat” with some split stance RDL and it is so cringe to watch. Why does she put her front leg sooooo freaking far in front of her.
She got that foot-far-in-front "split squat" to RDL idea from @leanmachine21 who frequently posts unique exercises.

HoardganizedJen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by HoardganizedJen » Tue May 28, 2019 8:56 am

You guys, I think I came up with my own Whitney style, totally stupid exercise the other night. Tell me if it's been done before otherwise maybe I should put on my most ass-eating leggings and record it for the gram :lol:

So you start with a normal lateral shoulder raise:
then on your next rep up, you slightly turn your dumbbell up so it's like 45 degrees different. Then on the next rep up, you twist a little more so your palms and inner arms are facing up, kinda like the hand positioning for an around the world:
THEN on the next rep (stay with me now), you rotate out another 45 degrees or so and then finally the last rep up is a reverse shoulder raise/palms up:
Then you just cycle back through that til you're back at the regular shoulder raise. I'm tellin ya, my delts were barking. I would be very surprised if someone hasn't done this but just in case, I'll take a page from Whit's book and trademark this one as the GuruGossiper. Only do it with light weight or I feel like you could easily injure yourself. I don't fuck around with heavy weight on silly shoulder moves personally.

Julestielman
Informer
Informer

Post by Julestielman » Tue May 28, 2019 9:00 am

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 8:56 am
You guys, I think I came up with my own Whitney style, totally stupid exercise the other night. Tell me if it's been done before otherwise maybe I should put on my most ass-eating leggings and record it for the gram :lol:

then on your next rep up, you slightly turn your dumbbell up so it's like 45 degrees different. Then on the next rep up, you twist a little more so your palms and inner arms are facing up, kinda like the hand positioning for an around the world:
THEN on the next rep (stay with me now), you rotate out another 45 degrees or so and then finally the last rep up is a reverse shoulder raise/palms up:
Then you just cycle back through that til you're back at the regular shoulder raise. I'm tellin ya, my delts were barking. I would be very surprised if someone hasn't done this but just in case, I'll take a page from Whit's book and trademark this one as the GuruGossiper. Only do it with light weight or I feel like you could easily injure yourself. I don't fuck around with heavy weight on silly shoulder moves personally.
Alexia Clark does "exercises" like this all the time, but TFNL and EveryDamnDayFitness called her out. Whitney hasn't been called out yet.

thotiana4life
Learner
Learner

Post by thotiana4life » Tue May 28, 2019 3:48 pm

HoardganizedJen wrote:

Can TOTALLY picture her doing this, not to mention every. single. shoulder day post from the last couple weeks has included some shoulder exercise with an around the world exercise that apparently “demolished” her. The one she did a couple weeks ago with one arm straight out while the other was pressing made me laugh sooooo hard. Why put your hand out to your side, you’re not even using it.....what are you doing????

HoardganizedJen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by HoardganizedJen » Tue May 28, 2019 4:11 pm

thotiana4life wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:48 pm
HoardganizedJen wrote:

Can TOTALLY picture her doing this, not to mention every. single. shoulder day post from the last couple weeks has included some shoulder exercise with an around the world exercise that apparently “demolished” her. The one she did a couple weeks ago with one arm straight out while the other was pressing made me laugh sooooo hard. Why put your hand out to your side, you’re not even using it.....what are you doing????

I just feel the need to put a PSA up that I was doing this as a warm-up exercise and I promise I lift (kinda) heavy :rofl: Whit probably thought she was doing some static hold with her unweighted arm in the air lololol

blondish
Talker
Talker

Post by blondish » Wed May 29, 2019 7:48 am

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 4:11 pm
thotiana4life wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:48 pm

I just feel the need to put a PSA up that I was doing this as a warm-up exercise and I promise I lift (kinda) heavy :rofl: Whit probably thought she was doing some static hold with her unweighted arm in the air lololol
Holding the unused arm out to the side while doing single shoulder presses is a pretty common lifting technique brought into popularity by Doug Hepburn. It helps aid in balance and stability for a more explosive movement. You'll learn this if you ever take any sort of exercise science classes or in-depth personal training courses. I would encourage you to give a try on your next shoulder day! You'll probably find yourself being able to lift about 5-10 pounds more than normal starting out for full reps.

HoardganizedJen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by HoardganizedJen » Wed May 29, 2019 3:18 pm

blondish wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:48 am

Holding the unused arm out to the side while doing single shoulder presses is a pretty common lifting technique brought into popularity by Doug Hepburn. It helps aid in balance and stability for a more explosive movement. You'll learn this if you ever take any sort of exercise science classes or in-depth personal training courses. I would encourage you to give a try on your next shoulder day! You'll probably find yourself being able to lift about 5-10 pounds more than normal starting out for full reps.
Interesting. Maybe I'll give it a try tonight!

thotiana4life
Learner
Learner

Post by thotiana4life » Thu May 30, 2019 5:09 am

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 3:18 pm
blondish wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:48 am

Interesting. Maybe I'll give it a try tonight!
Yeah...I’m a personal trainer with an Exercise Science degree and have literally never heard of this guy or his methodology ever lol. I could understand with a much heavier dumbbell. In fact you are supposed to go heavier when practicing olympic style lifts like a jerk or snatch since the power of your legs is creating the explosiveness that’s makes you able to press more than you normally would. But Whit is just shoulder pressing a lighter weight her while she’s standing still. There’s nothing explosive about her movement. I also think if that was her intention she’d have mentioned it but all she called it was a single arm dumbbell press

sigheyeroll
Learner
Learner

Post by sigheyeroll » Thu May 30, 2019 5:38 pm

She is boring me lately. I don’t know what is up with all these fitness influencers doing these crappy band workouts or body weight only workouts that we know aren’t challenging or providing any type of stimulus. It’s fine to do burpees or jump squats if you want to do cardio but I haven’t seen Whitney lift a heavy weight in foreverrrr. Is she trying to be more like Kayla Itsines? Her workouts are becoming more and more cardio based and her body is looking thinner and thinner. She never seems to challenge herself which is why it seems like she always stays and looks the same. I remember in one of her videos she also said she tried bulking and hated it. Maybe that’s why she can’t make gains? I don’t know what is up with her but it’s the same thing over and over again with her. Like how many around the worlds can ppl watch her do? Lol. I just don’t find lifting the same amount of weight week after week after week inspiring or motivating. Kinda over her.

Julestielman
Informer
Informer

Post by Julestielman » Thu May 30, 2019 5:48 pm

sigheyeroll wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:38 pm
She is boring me lately. I don’t know what is up with all these fitness influencers doing these crappy band workouts or body weight only workouts that we know aren’t challenging or providing any type of stimulus. It’s fine to do burpees or jump squats if you want to do cardio but I haven’t seen Whitney lift a heavy weight in foreverrrr. Is she trying to be more like Kayla Itsines? Her workouts are becoming more and more cardio based and her body is looking thinner and thinner. She never seems to challenge herself which is why it seems like she always stays and looks the same. I remember in one of her videos she also said she tried bulking and hated it. Maybe that’s why she can’t make gains? I don’t know what is up with her but it’s the same thing over and over again with her. Like how many around the worlds can ppl watch her do? Lol. I just don’t find lifting the same amount of weight week after week after week inspiring or motivating. Kinda over her.
I would have to address that she does have a good amount of strength on some muscle groups like shoulders and glutes. She does a lot of volume for her shoulders. Progressive overload does not always mean heavier weights. Plus, she does heavy hip thrusts for her glutes. However, I haven't seen her lift heavier for other muscle groups like the back or chest. She also does not show heavy squats, deadlifts, bench press, pull-ups, etc. Idk what her goals are, so who am I to judge :?

Smores
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by Smores » Fri May 31, 2019 11:50 am

Love that Whitney stopped editing out her psoriasis. That speaks more to self acceptance than all the other b.s. self love captions I’m seeing others post.

spaghettistrap
Lurker
Lurker

Post by spaghettistrap » Fri May 31, 2019 2:22 pm

I'm just gonna leave this here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vodkab4noon
Informer
Informer

Post by Vodkab4noon » Fri May 31, 2019 3:11 pm

spaghettistrap wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 2:22 pm
She looks like a 50 y/o housewife. And honestly kind of creepy. Whoever said they don't think Whitney is secretly insane was WRONGGG

Bootyguru2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bootyguru2 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:05 pm

Vodkab4noon wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:11 pm
spaghettistrap wrote:
She looks like a 50 y/o housewife. And honestly kind of creepy. Whoever said they don't think Whitney is secretly insane was WRONGGG
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

All Hale To Kale
Talker
Talker

Post by All Hale To Kale » Fri May 31, 2019 6:27 pm

Vodkab4noon wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:11 pm
spaghettistrap wrote:
She would look a lot younger with darker hair/normal brows& either no tan or a more natural looking tan IMO 🤷🏻‍♀️ The orange tan, platinum blonde hair, orange eyeshadow and caterpillar brows really make her look old.

Socialdoll
Learner
Learner

Post by Socialdoll » Fri May 31, 2019 8:06 pm

spaghettistrap wrote:I'm just gonna leave this here.
First time poster long time lurker. Why do all the fitspos never know how to do their make up they make their eyelashes so clumpy and some crazy brows..

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

Gossipmedium
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Post by Gossipmedium » Fri May 31, 2019 10:59 pm

spaghettistrap wrote:

Yeesh!! :( I’ve been noticing her face is getting that Heid/ Nikki puff to it... I wonder is she dabbling in fillers or either it’s the damn eyebrows and over done makeup.. she looks like she is pushing toward 41 with 5 kids....

thotiana4life
Learner
Learner

Post by thotiana4life » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:37 am

Just wondering here, but has Whitney ever said anything about trying to treat her psoriasis? I know that not all medicines work but she’s very open about her struggle with it and I don’t know that I’ve heard her say that she’s tried to take a medicinal approach to it. Wondering if she doesn’t want to or it has something to do with her religion at all?? I’m curious

Bootyguru2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bootyguru2 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:57 am

thotiana4life wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:37 am
Just wondering here, but has Whitney ever said anything about trying to treat her psoriasis? I know that not all medicines work but she’s very open about her struggle with it and I don’t know that I’ve heard her say that she’s tried to take a medicinal approach to it. Wondering if she doesn’t want to or it has something to do with her religion at all?? I’m curious
She has mentioned A LOT how she’s tried a ton of different things to treat it and none have worked.

kathbus
Learner
Learner

Post by kathbus » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:43 am

Just watched the current favorite food video. She is *really* struggling to keep up the fun, spontaneous vibe. It seemed like a random Whitney Generator of "Ooo girrrrl" and "I love her" "I'm obsessed" etc etc. It was painful to watch!

Also-- she gets pre-cooked rice b/c she's too "on the go" to use a rice cooker. Really??? She goes grocery shopping and to the gym daily. She's filming & packing orders at home (and her mom helps with that)-- she's too "on the go"???? I work from home too and I've been strategizing how I'm going to leave right at 5 so I can get to the grocery store with hopefully minimal traffic and be back home before Bachelorette!! :rofl:

chubbybunny
Informer
Informer

Post by chubbybunny » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:51 am

Take a shot every time Whitney says “heckin’ bob” in her latest video.

RandoPotato
Learner
Learner

Post by RandoPotato » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:13 am

spaghettistrap wrote:
This makes me a little uncomfortable.
Gonna make it my avi for awhile.

Photosynthesis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Photosynthesis » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:18 am

Idk I used to like it that Whitney stuck to the workout/food/favourite videos instead of doing boring vlogs/every trendy YT video format out there but I’d wish she would do more of the latter. Feel like I don’t “know” her (very aware that you don’t really know most YouTubers) and it has kept me from watching any of her videos lately.

Magnethicc
Learner
Learner

Post by Magnethicc » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:30 am

Photosynthesis wrote:Idk I used to like it that Whitney stuck to the workout/food/favourite videos instead of doing boring vlogs/every trendy YT video format out there but I’d wish she would do more of the latter. Feel like I don’t “know” her (very aware that you don’t really know most YouTubers) and it has kept me from watching any of her videos lately.
Recently I unfollowed her. She was the one that I looked up to once I started fitness, but now I can see she’s unmotivated and bored with it and watching her is not interesting for me anymore. Feel like she’s stuck in a rut. Well, that’s what happens to you tubers once they get big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catyogurttasteflavor
Learner
Learner

Post by Catyogurttasteflavor » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:58 am

I wish Whitney would bulk. I would love to see her go serious with strength training. But I know she won't. I'm still following her but I usually just scroll past.

Return to “Fitness Influencers”