Whitney "It's a beautiful day to be orange" Simmons - Part 4

People with less than 3 archived locked threads.
fritzness
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Whitney "It's a beautiful day to be orange" Simmons - Part 4

Post by fritzness »

As hideous as some of the prints in the NBXGS collection were, at least they were different and made a statement. These are just... meh

RoseGoldBeats
Debater
Debater

Post by RoseGoldBeats »

I feel like this is engineered to target the early-to-mid-90s "VSCO girl" aesthetic, which is perfect for Whit's target demographic. Pastel colors, bike shorts, ugly fleece - all you need is a scrunchie and some filter presets and you're good.

The vent in the back of the leggings looks like a bluetooth speaker and gives me mild trypophobia.

fritzness
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fritzness »

jfc it DOES look like a bluetooth speaker :rofl:

dammit now i want that feature in my sports bras

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by Spid »

Is it just me or is the hype for this line much lower than previous ones? They don't seem to have athletes plugging it, her try on video isn't up, the popup is so soon after the announcement, etc.

Maybe they are saving the marketing for the online launch. There was a very large gap between Nikki announcing hers and the actual launch iirc but it just seems more muted with this.

Gossipmedium
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gossipmedium »

Her line is extremely plain like that put no effort into it. Am I the only one that has been bothered by how the leggings are skin tight on the vag? Like I literally feel like the first area that going to ware fast is where the front..

Jerseybitch
Informer
Informer

Post by Jerseybitch »

Gossipmedium wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:00 pm
Her line is extremely plain like that put no effort into it. Am I the only one that has been bothered by how the leggings are skin tight on the vag? Like I literally feel like the first area that going to ware fast is where the front..
It's because non of these girls are actually an xs even though they cram their clam in them! I think Whit might look more flattering in a medium esp bc she stores her weight in her bottom half. Although Gymshark is made to fit a very specific body type and generally looks bad on many....

aerialmindful
Informer
Informer

Post by aerialmindful »

Any new thoughts of her line since she just posted a video showing off every single piece? She doesn't have any patterned items like Nikki B did.

FakinFakinFakin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FakinFakinFakin »

Gossipmedium wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:00 pm
I can literally see her entire mons pubis.

jellybeanfiend
Debater
Debater

Post by jellybeanfiend »

New here, but tbh I don't hate the collection. I think she played it smart rather than new. She's catering to almost everyone: bright colors, neutral colors, flat mat dull colors. I think she did simple pieces because 1, she's boring and plain so it fits and 2, more people will buy her range. I never wear patterns or bright colors to the gym, so I actually like the options. Especially the brick. I would never buy anything, but I don't doubt it'll sell out

Slight edit: I do hate the long sleeve crop and the hoodie. A lot.

Bootyguru2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Bootyguru2 »

It’s not the worst I’ve seen. It’s cute and simple, but I won’t be purchasing just because I hate how overhyped gymshark is

Post by Guest »

The clothes looked a lot cuter in the video. But the sage didn't really look sage at all to me? It looked super blue.

jellybeanfiend
Debater
Debater

Post by jellybeanfiend »

delete998 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:46 pm
The clothes looked a lot cuter in the video. But the sage didn't really look sage at all to me? It looked super blue.
I hear sage and I think of the color of sage the herb. Whit seems to think sage is basically teal

kathbus
Learner
Learner

Post by kathbus »

I'm having a weird reaction to the line... like I don't think it's overall terrible (other than the sweatshirt, shudder) but it looks so recycled. It looks like she took the Cleo Harper bra that someone pointed out earlier (also the back to the bra with the ring is the WORST. How is that going to react against sweat??) and LuLu Aligns but then added some **beautiful details** to not look so plagiarized. So overall now I think I might go get the Cleo Harper bra, but I wouldn't spend money on Whit's stuff.
Last edited by kathbus on Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

happy camper
Talker
Talker

Post by happy camper »

Sage is totally blue! I like the clothes, the back on the leggings is so gogreous. I like that the pieces are simple and not in your face - I don't think that would suit her. I do think these will sell well.

japeterson42
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by japeterson42 »

I like the collection. I think homegirl could size up tho.
lmaooo

jellybeanfiend
Debater
Debater

Post by jellybeanfiend »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:25 pm
I can't stand when people say the "x" in a brand collab as "ex". It's not the fucking letter x, you knob!!! It's by. Whitney Simmons BY Gymshark. Or just the Whitney Simmons Gymshark collaboration. At least saying "ex" is better than when people say "times" though. JFC.

Also, is anyone else hearing her pronounce "resonates" as "resingnates"?? She said it more than once so I'm guessing she thinks that's how you say it. :lol:
Both of these things irked me as well. Sometimes (most of the time) she comes across air headed. What I dislike the most about Gymshark is that they act like anyone who gets these sports bras won't be wearing anything over it. The back of hers look like they'd disagree with 90% of workout tops. Not everyone can or wants to just wear a sports bra and leggings

ghoulish_babe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ghoulish_babe »

I'm not even gonna go into the "collection"...but what is up the high psycho behavior in the new video?! Why is she so weird?!

Nope nope
Informer
Informer

Post by Nope nope »

Ok, I need the leggings. Ever since I got the Gymshark camo I've been thinking that my favorite combination is NO seam on the front (=no camel toe) but a seam or scrunch at the back (=makes your butt look peachy).

And Whitney delivered! Any other recommendations for leggings that don't have a front seam but do have a back seam?

ghoulish_babe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ghoulish_babe »

Nope nope wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:44 am
Ok, I need the leggings. Ever since I got the Gymshark camo I've been thinking that my favorite combination is NO seam on the front (=no camel toe) but a seam or scrunch at the back (=makes your butt look peachy).

And Whitney delivered! Any other recommendations for leggings that don't have a front seam but do have a back seam?
There's a reason they don't do that. That seam will be pulled at from 3 different directions. Even if it doesn't rip, the fabric will become loose and see-through. But since there's no over-seam(for some weird reason), I'd bet on the rip.

Gossipmedium
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gossipmedium »

Her line actually looked better on video. Unfortunately I will not fall into the overhype of gymshark. When the Nikki b collection came out I had 10 items in my cart by the time I went to pay for the item each item was sold out immediately so I only managed to get 3 items.. 3 out of 10!! Since then I have never purchased from gymshark because I find it ludicrous to get everyone excited only to make like 100 of each piece. Whitney has bigger following than Slothketter so it’s going to be worse!

Return to “Misc - Archived Threads”