Whitney "It's a beautiful day to be orange" Simmons - Part 4

People with less than 3 archived locked threads.
thotiana4life
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Whitney "It's a beautiful day to be orange" Simmons - Part 4

Post by thotiana4life »

Openmindedopinions wrote:
DemonicCupcake wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:14 am
Not hating or anything, but I find it weird how she’s still using relatively light weights even though she’s been lifting for many years. I know girls a head shorter than her who deadlift 300+ for reps, and here she is doing dumbbell rows with 30 lbs. Even in her squatting video she didn’t put much on the bar. She used those huge CrossFit bumper plates that look like they weight a ton.
I think she does lift somewhat heavier for her own workouts off camera, but within the last year she’s been branding herself as beginner-friendly and just a healthy lifestyle enthusiast, so she now gears her workout vids toward beginners.

I still don’t think she’s actively lifting heavier all the time, but she probably does some sets with more weight when the cameras are off.

A lot of influencers post workouts that are Instagram friendly, but that’s not all they do, it’s just all they show. Most of them incorporate heavier compound movements just to keep their bodies looking the way they do but do “cutesy” movements for the camera. Light weights are also safer to promote than deadlifting 300 lbs, which I personally think is a big part of it too!
Ehhh I’d have to disagree. If she was lifting even a little heavier than what she advertises she’d be at a better physique than when she started. She’s definitely not nearly as muscular as she used to be when she first was getting big on IG. The key is progressive overload and I don’t think she does any of that at all.

Post by Guest »

thotiana4life wrote:
DemonicCupcake wrote:
Not hating or anything, but I find it weird how she’s still using relatively light weights even though she’s been lifting for many years. I know girls a head shorter than her who deadlift 300+ for reps, and here she is doing dumbbell rows with 30 lbs. Even in her squatting video she didn’t put much on the bar. She used those huge CrossFit bumper plates that look like they weight a ton.
I think she does lift somewhat heavier for her own workouts off camera, but within the last year she’s been branding herself as beginner-friendly and just a healthy lifestyle enthusiast, so she now gears her workout vids toward beginners.

I still don’t think she’s actively lifting heavier all the time, but she probably does some sets with more weight when the cameras are off.

A lot of influencers post workouts that are Instagram friendly, but that’s not all they do, it’s just all they show. Most of them incorporate heavier compound movements just to keep their bodies looking the way they do but do “cutesy” movements for the camera. Light weights are also safer to promote than deadlifting 300 lbs, which I personally think is a big part of it too!
Ehhh I’d have to disagree. If she was lifting even a little heavier than what she advertises she’d be at a better physique than when she started. She’s definitely not nearly as muscular as she used to be when she first was getting big on IG. The key is progressive overload and I don’t think she does any of that at all.
I don’t actually think we disagree lol, I agree that she’s not progressively overloading. I just don’t think her instagram workouts are the ONLY workouts she does.

Not saying I think she still actively lifts heavy, tries to PR, is training for serious strength or hypertrophy (utilizing progressive overload) I just think she probably doesn’t put her full workouts on insta, and does a bit more than she records - mostly because her brand is for beginners. I don’t think she’s secretly lifting like a bodybuilder behind the scenes, but it wouldn’t surprise me if she puts a little more weight on her bars or focuses more on classic movements during the rest of her workout (after capturing IG footage of course).

Altocumulus
Learner
Learner

Post by Altocumulus »

Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:40 pm
thotiana4life wrote:
DemonicCupcake wrote:

I don’t actually think we disagree lol, I agree that she’s not progressively overloading. I just don’t think her instagram workouts are the ONLY workouts she does.

Not saying I think she still actively lifts heavy, tries to PR, is training for serious strength or hypertrophy (utilizing progressive overload) I just think she probably doesn’t put her full workouts on insta, and does a bit more than she records - mostly because her brand is for beginners. I don’t think she’s secretly lifting like a bodybuilder behind the scenes, but it wouldn’t surprise me if she puts a little more weight on her bars or focuses more on classic movements during the rest of her workout (after capturing IG footage of course).
Agreed. Most instagram influencers film their workouts with light weights so that they get the form perfect and so that they don't sweat on camera. It's more a demonstration rather than their actual workout.

Bootyguru2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Bootyguru2 »

I wish more influencers were like Natacha. She goes hard, she sweats and she can barely even speak after her sets/workout.

I actually go back to whit’s YouTube from 2+ years ago when I want some ideas. She actually did lift quite heavy on camera back then

Magnethicc
Talker
Talker

Post by Magnethicc »

I guess doing “beginner-friendly” is a lot more profitable than heavy lifting and progressing which is aimed at more experienced lidtrrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thotiana4life
Talker
Talker

Post by thotiana4life »

Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:40 pm

What I’m saying is I do think the IG workouts are the only things she really sticks to. If she was doing anything heavier or anything in addition at all you’d notice changes but she’s plateaued if not clearly lost a lot of muscle by doing the workouts she posts on IG. She also posts workouts 4-5 times a week so I find it hard to believe she’s doing anything besides those workouts or doing in addition when those posts have at least 8 exercises in them sometimes. I also think that the reason why she continues to have issues and complaining how she’s been in a “funk” almost every month is because she posts the same stuff all the time and doesn’t change it up. Homegirl is clearly not doing what she loves but loves the money she’s getting so she’s just going through the motions.

fritzness
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fritzness »

I honestly hate the idea of tracking what's "on trend" and being snippy about something that's literally "last year."

I just want comfortable stuff. LOL I can't imagine what someone who follows that would be saying about my 4 year old leggings.

I guess I'd have to give a shit first :rofl:

invasionsucexxy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by invasionsucexxy »

More will be revealed soon and my god the last top is ugly.

mcsugar
Learner
Learner

Post by mcsugar »

Doesn't take a genius to figure out why she couldn't close her legs in all these pics. The cameltoe and/or Barbie crotch must've been out of control.

Bootyguru2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Bootyguru2 »

Does anyone else think it’s funny how in the sneak peek of her collab, the first line says “we know it can be damn difficult deciding which outfits you want....” when Whitney doesn’t even cuss? That just seems very off-brand for her.

Brbelina
Learner
Learner

Post by Brbelina »

oh Whitney, why is most of your line camel toe shorts? just plain blech

Post by Guest »

I'm not a fan of this collection. The seams look bulky and those mesh "air vents" on the crop top remind me of Regina George's iconic tank top/purple bra look...

FakinFakinFakin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Whitney

Post by FakinFakinFakin »

Brbelina wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:27 am
oh Whitney, why is most of your line camel toe shorts? just plain blech

I feel like she has to be wearing something to smooth out the camel toe in her latest video. It would be straight up my vulva if I wore those.

V O L U M E
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by V O L U M E »

At least gymshark doesn’t have her name clearly shown like Nikki’s. I just don’t like the tag because it’s gonna snag in the wash . I don’t like the seam in the middle I don’t know why they keep doing that.

Post by Guest »

Those shorts look horrible. That's the best they could do with photoshop? Yikes!

Czarbucks
Debater
Debater

Post by Czarbucks »

I love the colors (the periwinkle purple and the teal are my favorite colors so I am drawn to them) in her collection, but some of the styles are pretty bad.

I have never bought any Gym Shark clothes before but maybe I will?

sharkbaait
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sharkbaait »

The Barbie crotch is strong! They all seem super hot material and even in winter I don’t like to wear thick workout clothes at the gym and frequently wear tanks still.

Altocumulus
Learner
Learner

Post by Altocumulus »

invasionsucexxy wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:47 am

More will be revealed soon and my god the last top is ugly.
It looks like the hoodie equivalent of disposable underpants in the colour of hospital scrubs.

Vodkab4noon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Vodkab4noon »

Well damn, that collection isn't made for Mormon garments...they're gonna peek through.

aerialmindful
Informer
Informer

Whitney "It's a beautiful day to be orange" Simmons - Part 4

Post by aerialmindful »

I thought she was wearing a dark-colored thong under those leggings.

Return to “Misc - Archived Threads”