ED Recovery Influencers/Vloggers

Crumpets4life
Learner
Learner

Re: ED Recovery Influencers/Vloggers

Post by Crumpets4life » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:13 pm

Hmmm I think Elzani just made the second channel so she can try and get ad revenue from her videos. She is basically just posting the same content as before, even though her other channel had around 47K subscribers.

sah6994
Learner
Learner

Post by sah6994 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:03 pm

Just popping on to say how happy I am for Megsy Recovery that she’s pregnant! As someone with a history of anorexia, it’s amazing and heartwarming to see someone truly fight to get their life back. How she doesn’t have the same YouTube following as the other people discussed on this thread is beyond me!

Alycat_2001_uk
Learner
Learner

Post by Alycat_2001_uk » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:34 pm

Crumpets4life wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:13 pm
Hmmm I think Elzani just made the second channel so she can try and get ad revenue from her videos. She is basically just posting the same content as before, even though her other channel had around 47K subscribers.
That's possible, but I think finding a way to separate herself from just being a girl in recovery is going to be healthier for her. I worry that she'd relapse because being recovered would end the use of her channel, and right now that's all she has.

Aricat
Learner
Learner

Post by Aricat » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:43 am

Elzanis super long essays on her food posts are so fucking weird tbh

lokiofasgard
Learner
Learner

Post by lokiofasgard » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:14 am

Aricat wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:43 am
Also it feels like she says the same thing over and over again so it is pretty boring already.

tt96
Talker
Talker

Post by tt96 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:00 pm

lokiofasgard wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:14 am
Aricat wrote:
Also it feels like she says the same thing over and over again so it is pretty boring already.
elzani freaks me out a bit with just how young and dependent she acts, i was shocked to find out she’s in her 20s. she’s resorted back to a child in a way, as she shows no independence in her vlogs, is never spending time doing things alone and consistently needs assurance from her parents. even her writing within her captions seem like they are written but someone much younger

Aricat
Learner
Learner

Post by Aricat » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:09 pm

tt96 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:00 pm
lokiofasgard wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:14 am
Aricat wrote:
elzani freaks me out a bit with just how young and dependent she acts, i was shocked to find out she’s in her 20s. she’s resorted back to a child in a way, as she shows no independence in her vlogs, is never spending time doing things alone and consistently needs assurance from her parents. even her writing within her captions seem like they are written but someone much younger
Same, I thought she was 16 when I first found her. She will literally go on and on about toast. “ I CANT BELIEVE HOW GOOD TOAST IS!! It’s so nice, I was so scared to try it. Toast is brilliant. I wasn’t going to try it but my mum said it was okay to try new things! It is so Devine, toast is soooo goooood” like fuck dude, it sounds like you have more wrong with you than an ED.

emlamp10n
Debater
Debater

Post by emlamp10n » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:58 pm

I can’t with elzani anymore. I actually find her vlogs to be extremely boring but I know that’s very subjective. She also creeps me out a little. She’s like a 10 year old stuck in a 20 year old’s body. She has no independence whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LipstickLashes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LipstickLashes » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:08 am

Elzani is stuck in a bubble. I think she’s obsessed with wanting to be a little girl, always looking to Mum
for reassurance.
Even her 14 year old sister is more mature then her (and she’s also annoying)
No wonder the middle sister Alisha didn’t appear in any of the Christmas vlogs. Elzani is 23 this month and hasn’t even gone through puberty.

lokiofasgard
Learner
Learner

Post by lokiofasgard » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:17 am

I just don't understand Rebecca Lieung (?) videos any more. They are so over the top and make no sense, if she is into acting then she should make sketches and stuff instead of eating like videos. They are just so far than her first videos which I used to looove.

pbjnfit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pbjnfit » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:59 am

is @jordynliftlove really recovered... I haven't checked on her in a minute
79493706_555508838363809_5424262616775030548_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Moustaasha
Learner
Learner

Post by Moustaasha » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:10 am

lokiofasgard wrote:I just don't understand Rebecca Lieung (?) videos any more. They are so over the top and make no sense, if she is into acting then she should make sketches and stuff instead of eating like videos. They are just so far than her first videos which I used to looove.
I really used to love Rebecca and i keep watching hoping she'll go back to the way she was also she looks like she might be slipping back into her disorder

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

sparda
Learner
Learner

Post by sparda » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:47 am

I used to enjoy Rebecca's videos as well in the past, but lately she's sending so many red flags it's ridiculous. I really don't believe she's engaging in recovery anymore and she does seem to be slipping back. At the very least she's not being accountable both to herself and her followers.

emlamp10n
Debater
Debater

Post by emlamp10n » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:57 pm

sparda wrote:I used to enjoy Rebecca's videos as well in the past, but lately she's sending so many red flags it's ridiculous. I really don't believe she's engaging in recovery anymore and she does seem to be slipping back. At the very least she's not being accountable both to herself and her followers.
I totally agree. She knows her demographic. It’s really careless of her to make this kind of content now when almost all of her audience is still struggling with their eating disorders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devonlea
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Devonlea » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:41 pm

sparda wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:47 am
I used to enjoy Rebecca's videos as well in the past, but lately she's sending so many red flags it's ridiculous. I really don't believe she's engaging in recovery anymore and she does seem to be slipping back. At the very least she's not being accountable both to herself and her followers.
Could you elaborate? What are the red flags? I struggle with an ED and, personally, don't see any. She eats a lot and speaks pretty reasonably about "maintaining health, not working towards it" as she is not scared of food anymore.
That being said, I just don't like her personality. She's an annoying wannabe actress with no talent or skills but that's beside the point.

macro friendly
Informer
Informer

Post by macro friendly » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:51 pm

Devonlea wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:41 pm
sparda wrote:
Could you elaborate? What are the red flags? I struggle with an ED and, personally, don't see any. She eats a lot and speaks pretty reasonably about "maintaining health, not working towards it" as she is not scared of food anymore.
That being said, I just don't like her personality. She's an annoying wannabe actress with no talent or skills but that's beside the point.
Yeah I wouldn't say it seems like she's going backwards in her recovery, it just seems like she's getting progressively more annoying and strange aha

Learner
Learner

Post by 080701 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:37 pm

macro friendly wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:51 pm
Devonlea wrote:
sparda wrote:
Yeah I wouldn't say it seems like she's going backwards in her recovery, it just seems like she's getting progressively more annoying and strange aha
Just because she’s not eat 5000 calories of crap a day isn’t alarming. That’s unhealthy. She doesn’t need to gain weight anymore. She still indulges in unhelathy stuff but is at least focusing on eating somewhat healthier and lifting. She is pretty cringey tho

Devonlea
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Devonlea » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:44 am

080701 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:37 pm
macro friendly wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:51 pm
Devonlea wrote:
sparda wrote:
Just because she’s not eat 5000 calories of crap a day isn’t alarming. That’s unhealthy. She doesn’t need to gain weight anymore. She still indulges in unhelathy stuff but is at least focusing on eating somewhat healthier and lifting. She is pretty cringey tho
^ my point exactly. If she is ok with eating junk she doesn't need to do them challenges. Recovery is meant to end. Then you start living your life. I don't see any signs of a relapse. She's relaxed around food, eats a variety of foods, eats by herself too. Let's wait and see. I unsubscribed though, cause I don't think she deserves my sub so keep me updated!

sparda
Learner
Learner

Post by sparda » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:44 am

Devonlea wrote:
sparda wrote:
First off, recovering from an ED is no easy feat. Full recovery needs time and practice. You don't just reach an ED-free state overnight, and as late as last year she was in inpatient treatment. Even when you reach a healthy weight and are stable you need to be constantly vigilant for a while in order not to fall back into old behaviours really quickly. Focusing on "health", "gaining muscle", going back to exercise, going vegan, etc. are all fine and dandy for the general population, but someone with an ED history needs to be overly careful and honest with himself even if he's doing all of these things for genuine reasons.
It is absolutely possible to get to a place where you don't have any ED thoughts anymore and you are just the same as anyone else. But it takes hard work, time and discipline in order to get there and she's far from being an example in this.

I don't care about how much she eats, how much she weighs, or what she says. She could be eating 10k calories every single day for all I care. I am more interested in her behaviours.
First of all, she is still overfocused on food.
Second: why on Earth would she buy reduced-fat peanut butter?
Third: she did literal "food challenges" and "cheat days". A very core concept of recovery is that you don't need "cheat days" because you can eat whatever you want every day.
And so on.

If a normal person drinks a couple beers at the pub after work no one bats an eye. But if an ex alcoholic starts doing the same, it's worrisome. And I am not saying Rebecca is necessarily slipping back, but at the very least she is not addressing the problem and not responding to the followers who call her out on the issue.

Marinka
Talker
Talker

Post by Marinka » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:23 am

sparda wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:44 am

Third: she did literal "food challenges" and "cheat days". A very core concept of recovery is that you don't need "cheat days" because you can eat whatever you want every day.
And so on.
To be fair - I think she only does cheat days and food challanges now because they are a huge hit and trend ATM on YT, so she is jumping on the bandwagon. While in the past, they were challanges for hear (like eating her fear foods).

I did unsubscribe from her too awhile ago, since she became super cingry super fast. Which is kind of sad, because I really enjoyed her content. :D
:love2: English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

jaenerys
Talker
Talker

Post by jaenerys » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:34 am

pbjnfit wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:59 am
is @jordynliftlove really recovered... I haven't checked on her in a minute79493706_555508838363809_5424262616775030548_n.jpg
I don't think she's ever been recovered. Going from purely food restriction to over-exercising restriction is still a form of restriction and is disordered.

lokiofasgard
Learner
Learner

Post by lokiofasgard » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:06 am

Any thoughts on Elzani's new video? Was it only me or has she gained some weight finally? The video was really boring, she just kept repeating the same sentences over and over again. I don't usually like her videos anyway but this was especially pointless. I hope she will get better and stops being so focused on food. Also if you are making brownies and really want them then why would she not have some? Feels a bit weird to make herself wait until the morning, especially if she is repeating about eating stuff when you want it... Idk weird vibes all around her.

Moustaasha
Learner
Learner

Post by Moustaasha » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:13 am

lokiofasgard wrote:Any thoughts on Elzani's new video? Was it only me or has she gained some weight finally? The video was really boring, she just kept repeating the same sentences over and over again. I don't usually like her videos anyway but this was especially pointless. I hope she will get better and stops being so focused on food. Also if you are making brownies and really want them then why would she not have some? Feels a bit weird to make herself wait until the morning, especially if she is repeating about eating stuff when you want it... Idk weird vibes all around her.
I recently watched the video she made like around a year ago and you can really see the difference in her...but I agree I did not need to hear 'IT'S MY BIRTHDAY' 20 Million times...although I do think the brownie thing was just keeping them for her actual birthday you know like you would with a birthday cake

Alycat_2001_uk
Learner
Learner

Post by Alycat_2001_uk » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:43 am

Moustaasha wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:13 am
lokiofasgard wrote:Any thoughts on Elzani's new video? Was it only me or has she gained some weight finally? The video was really boring, she just kept repeating the same sentences over and over again. I don't usually like her videos anyway but this was especially pointless. I hope she will get better and stops being so focused on food. Also if you are making brownies and really want them then why would she not have some? Feels a bit weird to make herself wait until the morning, especially if she is repeating about eating stuff when you want it... Idk weird vibes all around her.
I recently watched the video she made like around a year ago and you can really see the difference in her...but I agree I did not need to hear 'IT'S MY BIRTHDAY' 20 Million times...although I do think the brownie thing was just keeping them for her actual birthday you know like you would with a birthday cake

Yes, she is still underweight but is finally gaining and looking a bit healthier.
I think she's in limbo a bit right now - she's not got the ED to talk about as much as she's pulling away from it, but right now she hasn't really got anything else in her life. I really hope she starts trying hobbies, going out to pottery making classes or something. She might make some friends that way too, and she'd have something to replace her old obsession of food.

lushmoon13
Talker
Talker

Post by lushmoon13 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:31 pm

jen bretty rants in every video are so annoying
like sis ur not recovered if ur so triggered all the time

Return to “Fitness Influencers”