ED Recovery Influencers/Vloggers

pepa2000
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ED Recovery Influencers/Vloggers

Post by pepa2000 »

Rebecca: "I'm gonna eat anything I want today... Even though I do that every day!"
Two seconds later: "Wow I'm so excited about this"
Yes that really proves that she eats whatever she wants every day 🙄. She either has no idea what recovery means or needs to stop pushing this idea that she's over her ED and admit that she's still struggling

joyshan13
Informer
Informer

Post by joyshan13 »

I can't make it through a whole video that Rebecca does. Her personality is way too over the top and extra. Also the video she did equating eating however many calories with her mom's illness left a very bad taste in my mouth. I generally hate it when YTers film sick family members in a play to get sympathy for their own issues (looking at you Stephanie Buttermore) - it feels exploitative. I used to think Tyler was so supportive but that scene where he guilted her into eating a cookie skillet and a milkshake because that's what NORMAL people do was horribly overbearing.

Kat_banters
Learner
Learner

Post by Kat_banters »

joyshan13 wrote:I can't make it through a whole video that Rebecca does. Her personality is way too over the top and extra. Also the video she did equating eating however many calories with her mom's illness left a very bad taste in my mouth. I generally hate it when YTers film sick family members in a play to get sympathy for their own issues (looking at you Stephanie Buttermore) - it feels exploitative. I used to think Tyler was so supportive but that scene where he guilted her into eating a cookie skillet and a milkshake because that's what NORMAL people do was horribly overbearing.
Which video was this? Don’t think I’ve seen it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Has anyone watched Joy Said? I discovered one of her mukbangs a month ago and she’s so unsettling and sad to watch. Apparently she hasn’t uploaded in almost a year so I’m hoping she got help. What left me fuming was how enabling many of the comments were under some of her videos like her Halo Top rant. I’ll just leave these here at that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rosebunny
Informer
Informer

Post by Rosebunny »

For me, Elzani's latest video just highlights how immature she is for her age. She absolutely idolises Taylor Swift in a way I would only expect from teenage girls. Also, the constant "this is my first time ever eating X" is so grating.

superhighlyrequested
Informer
Informer

Post by superhighlyrequested »

thoughts on jen brett’s latest video flexing her new Range Rover? she’s saying she bought it after working so hard at “all [her] jobs”—does she mean her sex work?

her personality is honestly so grating to me because it comes off as so fake. I think she is truly a miserable and irritable person at the core but she doesn’t share that and instead clearly overcompensates by sharing how “positive” she is about her life/body/relationship to try to maintain a certain image. also i find it annoying how she and her bf constantly make dumb sex jokes, which aren’t even funny. I’m not a prude by any means but it just comes off as juvenile “we do it harharhar”-type humour so it makes me cringe how she goes out of her way to include these remarks in vlogs.

lushmoon13
Talker
Talker

Post by lushmoon13 »

superhighlyrequested wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:34 am
thoughts on jen brett’s latest video flexing her new Range Rover? she’s saying she bought it after working so hard at “all [her] jobs”—does she mean her sex work?

her personality is honestly so grating to me because it comes off as so fake. I think she is truly a miserable and irritable person at the core but she doesn’t share that and instead clearly overcompensates by sharing how “positive” she is about her life/body/relationship to try to maintain a certain image. also i find it annoying how she and her bf constantly make dumb sex jokes, which aren’t even funny. I’m not a prude by any means but it just comes off as juvenile “we do it harharhar”-type humour so it makes me cringe how she goes out of her way to include these remarks in vlogs.
her hard work is eating the same 10 foods and moaning MMMMMMM YOU GUYSSSSSSS ITS SO GOODDDDD

i 100% believe she does sex work. the pictures, multiple trips to vegas, 3 different hotels... cmon

Alycat_2001_uk
Learner
Learner

Post by Alycat_2001_uk »

Rosebunny wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:04 am
For me, Elzani's latest video just highlights how immature she is for her age. She absolutely idolises Taylor Swift in a way I would only expect from teenage girls. Also, the constant "this is my first time ever eating X" is so grating.
I can't watch her videos any more because they're too long. An HOUR of footage of not doing very much?!

superhighlyrequested
Informer
Informer

Post by superhighlyrequested »

lushmoon13 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:15 am
her hard work is eating the same 10 foods and moaning MMMMMMM YOU GUYSSSSSSS ITS SO GOODDDDD

i 100% believe she does sex work. the pictures, multiple trips to vegas, 3 different hotels... cmon
lmaoooo that first party got me because it’s so true. why do all these youtubers act as if some basic snack is a revelation? also not a vegetable in sight in jen’s recent video, besides the lettuce and tomato on her BLT.

I 100% agree about the sex work. she is so closed off about it which I think shows she has a lot of shame, contrary to how she likes to portray herself

Also are there literally ppl buying merch of an instagrammer? Idgi 💆🏻‍♀️

joyshan13
Informer
Informer

Post by joyshan13 »

Does anyone else feel like the rah-rah #recoverywarriors are all cracking on the inside? Obviously, I have no idea what's going on in their heads but if I were thinking/posting/looking at recovery stuff every single day, I would never have gotten the perspective to get better. The ones in particular I sometimes think about are @recovery.chii and @eatswithclaire. The first has been posting food/body checks for the past three years and the second constantly sounds like she's about to start sobbing.

macro friendly
Informer
Informer

Post by macro friendly »

Just watching Elzani's latest video bc wow I must be bored.
I am happy for her as clearly she is looking & (more importantly) feeling better, but I just feel like something is still missing idk it's so hard to explain. Maybe because I've just never encountered anyone like her before.
Also found it interesting that she said at the start of the video (aka start of the day) that it will be a FDOE with extreme hunger, so it's like she set out for it to be a day full of a lot of eating.
Idk something is just rubbing me the wrong way.

joyshan13
Informer
Informer

Post by joyshan13 »

Is anyone else vaguely annoyed @ recovery accounts right now? I don't keep up with all that many for my own sanity but two that I follow simultaneously posted long rambling posts about how much they love their bodies and how committed they are to gaining weight and, while yes good for them, it feels particularly tone-deaf and privileged at this moment.

Annaj001
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Annaj001 »

Did ya'll see Megsy_recovery and her husband lost their baby boy? :'(

She made a beautiful short post on Instagram and wow, just...wow. I am utterly heartbroken for them.

lokiofasgard
Learner
Learner

Post by lokiofasgard »

Annaj001 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:11 am
Did ya'll see Megsy_recovery and her husband lost their baby boy? :'(

She made a beautiful short post on Instagram and wow, just...wow. I am utterly heartbroken for them.
Yes this absolutely broke my heart! I have been following her for so long and I was really happy for them :(

Widmanstatten
Talker
Talker

Post by Widmanstatten »

One thing I really don’t understand is how someone can possibly recover from an eating disorder when they have an entire online presence based around food. Like they will post about how they are so recovered because they never think about food anymore, yet they update everyone on Instagram about every meal they eat?? Or in the case of Rebecca, she keeps emphasizing how recovered she is, yet she constantly films videos entirely focused around eating. Non-disordered people just don’t think about food that much, and I think it’s a sign that these ED recovery influencers are less recovered than they think they are.

Alycat_2001_uk
Learner
Learner

Post by Alycat_2001_uk »

I worry how some of them are going to cope if the ingredients they want aren't available at the moment.

lushmoon13
Talker
Talker

Post by lushmoon13 »

I was talking to my friend about Jen Bretty (we both watch Youtubers) and she told me she def has an only fans because her ex was subscribed to her!!! She showed me pictures (they're easily searchable online). There is pictures of her touching herself, she doesn't show any actual skin but it's over her undergarments etc. Also humping pillows and stuff. All the power to you but I just wish she would admit it and not act like she got a range rover from her lackluster youtube videos

sae08
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sae08 »

lushmoon13 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:41 pm
I was talking to my friend about Jen Bretty (we both watch Youtubers) and she told me she def has an only fans because her ex was subscribed to her!!! She showed me pictures (they're easily searchable online). There is pictures of her touching herself, she doesn't show any actual skin but it's over her undergarments etc. Also humping pillows and stuff. All the power to you but I just wish she would admit it and not act like she got a range rover from her lackluster youtube videos
I can totally believe that, her tweets and pics are gross af.

I used to look up to her a lot around 2-3 years ago but now her only personality trait is her ass. She wouldn't have been so "pro weight gain" if all of her fat didn't go to her lower body. Her brand is so disgusting rn, she got so cocky and full of herself, I don't know how someone who is skinny or has an opposite body shape than her can get good vibes and genuinely feel inspired by someone who has lucky genetics and looks down on people who doesn't. She believes she got banned on tiktok just because she has an ASS and not because all of her tiktoks are twerking or straight up f*cking herself in her giant ass.
This is how you end up when you have no real friends except for a boyfriend and spend your whole day looking for validation online.

lushmoon13
Talker
Talker

Post by lushmoon13 »

[/quote]

This is how you end up when you have no real friends except for a boyfriend and spend your whole day looking for validation online.
[/quote]

I could have not said it better myself!!!

Crumpets4life
Learner
Learner

Post by Crumpets4life »

Does anyone watch BlossomingGem or follow her on Instagram? She seems to portray herself as being recovered but also appears to be quite rigid with food still. Some of her recent Instagram posts also look like body checks- posing to make her legs look as small as possible.
She seems really sweet and down to Earth though. I just get the vibe that she struggles more than she lets on.

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”