ED Recovery Influencers/Vloggers

Re: ED Recovery Influencers/Vloggers

Post by Guest »

:(
it looks like she is flexing her arms in this photo to make them look even skinner from the front, too.
also, those implants :o

Post by Guest »

squirreldotjpeg wrote: Image

:(
it looks like she is flexing her arms in this photo to make them look even skinner from the front, too.
also, those implants :o
There's a thread on her now ;))))
But I agree completely. She dived very deep into her ED again

Post by Guest »

FlatWhite wrote: There's a thread on her now ;))))
But I agree completely. She dived very deep into her ED again
thanks for telling me <3

LipstickLashes
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by LipstickLashes »

I can’t cope with Elzani and her quivering top lip. She is exactly like a child and feeds off this to gain attention from her mum.
Half way through eating a bowl of pasta with a tiny amount of cheese (her fear) she spots her mum and starts crying over the cheese. Asking her mum if cheese is nice.
I actually don’t know how her mum deals with her.

Granted the last couple of videos have been better with her eating more, but how many people are lucky enough to have their mum buy all this luxury food from Waitrose and Marks and Spencer’s all the time ? And she’s still scared she might not like the taste of something.

Im not surprised Alisha is never there. Is she at boarding school? They seem very wealthy.

UNEVENTFUL
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by UNEVENTFUL »

LipstickLashes wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:54 am
I can’t cope with Elzani and her quivering top lip. She is exactly like a child and feeds off this to gain attention from her mum.
Half way through eating a bowl of pasta with a tiny amount of cheese (her fear) she spots her mum and starts crying over the cheese. Asking her mum if cheese is nice.

Granted the last couple of videos have been better with her eating more, but how many people are lucky enough to have their mum buy all this luxury food from Waitrose and Marks and Spencer’s all the time ? And she’s still scared she might not like the taste of something.

Im not surprised Alisha is never there. Is she at boarding school? They seem very wealthy.
Agree, they are ultra wealthy and her mum waits at her hand and foot. She has an insane amount of patience. Elzani's like, the literal reason why ana gets stereotyped as a "privileged white girl first world illness". Her eyes seem so empty like they're staring right thru me and when she makes that smiling face and stares into the camera it really freaks me out. She's just so weird and childlike and seems to be ... stunted in terms of living in this society? It's sad, makes me think about how much her ED has prevented her from living her life.

I still don't understand why every day has to be "the best day ever", "this is the best food ever", "I've never had an x on top of y with z before"; it's pretty clear she still has a lot of mental issues she needs to sort out with therapy. Good on her for the 5k challenge, tho, next challenge is to eat saucy foods that aren't so dry they won't choke you on the way down.

LipstickLashes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LipstickLashes »

I completely agree. I actually don’t believe her anymore when she says things like ‘omg I’m so scared, I’ve never had seedy bread toasted before’ etc etc etc. I’m starting to smell BS with all that nonsense. Of course she’s had most of those things/combinations before. Maybe not all, but a lot of them!
I’ve commented on her videos about how dry all the food is she eats. Like when she had a completely dry scone a few weeks ago.
Surely Waitrose and m+s sell saucy food that is upto her standard !

macro friendly
Informer
Informer

Post by macro friendly »

The Elzani videos are driving me insane, she needs to be out doing something that ISN'T recovering focused and not filming herself eating everything becaise that in itself could turn into a disordered behaviour (i.e., not being able to challenge yourself because you're not filming it).
But for some damn reason I can't seem to stop watching. Even the way she described the corn flakes being the best thing ever in the latest vlog just really weirded me out and maybe I'm just sad for her above all else.

lokiofasgard
Learner
Learner

Post by lokiofasgard »

Same thing. I can't seem to stop watching. Also I would like to know what does she fill her days with other than eating.

New channel I recently love is Helena Rose.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

I’ll admit I haven’t watched elzani since about the first time she was brought up here because she seriously disturbs me, but I’ll just say she reminds me of several of the people I met in treatment. Like people very sick and entrenched in their disorders. I hope something sets her straight and she finds some reason to actually recover because this ain’t it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YellowLadybird
Informer
Informer

Post by YellowLadybird »

Does anyone else watch Emily Sara? She doesn't have a lot of subscribers yet, but her videos are quite funny and poke fun at a lot of ED Recovery Culture.

lokiofasgard
Learner
Learner

Post by lokiofasgard »

YellowLadybird wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:00 am
Does anyone else watch Emily Sara? She doesn't have a lot of subscribers yet, but her videos are quite funny and poke fun at a lot of ED Recovery Culture.

I watch her! Like her attitude and she seems to be really wanting to get better.

jwishy
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by jwishy »

lokiofasgard wrote:
YellowLadybird wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:00 am

I watch her! Like her attitude and she seems to be really wanting to get better.
Yes she recently did a ‘eat serving sizes’ challenge video. Hers was the best one I’ve watched. Every other video made fun of how small the serving sizes are on product packaging. Emily was like “well this is too small lets add a banana” and was actively trying to bulk her meals up which was nice to see.

LipstickLashes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LipstickLashes »

Emily Sara has a fun personality but she does body check in her videos. She also doesn’t seem to ever be putting weight on.

Crumpets4life
Learner
Learner

Post by Crumpets4life »

First of all, I just want to say that I think Elzani is a very lovely and intelligent girl/woman because I don't want to come across like I'm hating on her.

BUT I don't understand why so many people on my Instagram find her so motivational/inspiring. If she was getting closer and closer to being a healthy weight in each video, then THAT would be motivating and inspiring. I've been watching her videos on and off since December, so around 6 months, and she still looks severely underweight. I know eating disorders aren't all about weight but it just annoys me that she keeps doing these 'what I eat in a day to recover' but has nothing to show for it. It's not sending out a good message to her vulnerable, impressionable viewers. Aka eat "whatever" you want but still stay skinny like Elzani. NO. Clearly she is compensating on the days where she doesn't film.
Also, given how well-off her family seem, I'm really surprised they aren't making her have private ED treatment or at least private therapy. I would have private therapy for my ED in a heartbeat if I could afford it.

I just wish she would be honest about why she isn't progressing as much as she could be. And why is she so against therapy? Her videos make me feel sad and scared for her. Not at all motivating or inspiring!

gurugossiplove
Learner
Learner

Post by gurugossiplove »

UNEVENTFUL wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:08 am
LipstickLashes wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:54 am

Agree, they are ultra wealthy and her mum waits at her hand and foot. She has an insane amount of patience. Elzani's like, the literal reason why ana gets stereotyped as a "privileged white girl first world illness". Her eyes seem so empty like they're staring right thru me and when she makes that smiling face and stares into the camera it really freaks me out. She's just so weird and childlike and seems to be ... stunted in terms of living in this society? It's sad, makes me think about how much her ED has prevented her from living her life.

I still don't understand why every day has to be "the best day ever", "this is the best food ever", "I've never had an x on top of y with z before"; it's pretty clear she still has a lot of mental issues she needs to sort out with therapy. Good on her for the 5k challenge, tho, next challenge is to eat saucy foods that aren't so dry they won't choke you on the way down.
I feel so bad for her. I thought she was like 13-16 but only recently found out she's 22 and I was so shocked. She acts just like a little girl and I was surprised with how much her mom babies her considering she's an adult. Her mom seems really sweet though, but I think what she's doing is only hindering her daughter's recovery as she is going to be incapable of coping with society and living alone after being stroked by her mother for so long. Is she planning on moving out when she's fully recovered?

emlamp10n
Debater
Debater

Post by emlamp10n »

I got curious and watched a couple of elzani’s videos and I just couldn’t put up with her. Not only did I find her really triggering, I also found her to be extremely annoying. I don’t want to be mean or anything but it’s really like she’s not all there. Like a part of her is in outer space or something... very strange

macro friendly
Informer
Informer

Post by macro friendly »

She definitely seems very juvenile and just like something isn't all there. Does anyone know her actual full ED story?
Even reading the description box of her videos, it's all just a bit strange...

gurugossiplove
Learner
Learner

Post by gurugossiplove »

From watching Elzani's videos, I get the sense that her family - particularly her sisters seem really irritated by her and the camera constantly in their faces. I watched one of her videos from a couple of months ago when they went out to dinner as a family, and Elzani just spent the whole meal filming, complaining about how her pizza was bigger than her sister's and being quite rude. I mean obviously she needs to eat more than her sisters do because she's starving and malnourished, it is pretty self explanatory. When is she going to grow up? I'm really not trying to hate on the girl because I realise she's been through a lot but I think she needs to take some accountability and realise how privileged she is. Most recovering ED sufferers do not have their mom on hand to buy them expensive groceries, cook them meals and stand by their side whenever they're having a "breakdown", especially as a grown adult.
Also, does anyone else find it a little fishy how she claims to be eating so much in her "what I eat in a day videos" but her body still looks worryingly skeletal. I understand that it will take a while for her body to gain back weight but she should be looking at least a little healthier by now if she really is eating that many calories.

lushmoon13
Talker
Talker

Post by lushmoon13 »

elzanis videos creep me out. she has dead eyes and i don't think she is recovered at all. her videos are so triggering

lokiofasgard
Learner
Learner

Post by lokiofasgard »

Wrote a comment earlier but it seems it was not posted here. Anyway.

Elzani looks a bit better than at the very beginning but there is no major change in her look. I was also surprised that her dad was in her latest vlog, he seemed to always be slightly against YouTube stuff. Nice though.

Any thoughts on Jen Brett (dunno if that was her name, can't be bothered to look it up)? She said she will do casual vlogs and not focus on recovery any more but hm...

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”