ED Recovery Influencers/Vloggers

sah6994
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ED Recovery Influencers/Vloggers

Post by sah6994 »

a youtuber i am worried about right now is Holly Gabrielle, her eating habits are so regimented and seriously lacking in the fats her body needs too, especially for someone with a history of restrictive eating. As someone who's struggled with anorexia and was also an archetypal perfectionist at school/university, i can see clear traits in her that i know aren't conducive to good mental health. Any thoughts?

Post by Guest »

sah6994 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:29 am
a youtuber i am worried about right now is Holly Gabrielle, her eating habits are so regimented and seriously lacking in the fats her body needs too, especially for someone with a history of restrictive eating. As someone who's struggled with anorexia and was also an archetypal perfectionist at school/university, i can see clear traits in her that i know aren't conducive to good mental health. Any thoughts?

Imo she never really recovered. She is a copy of Merry Rose - high pressure at uni + high-achievers, eating VERY clean, bulking meals with veggies etc. They are in a similar situation, their habits are very similar as well and to me, this is a quasi-recovery as heck.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

This popped up in my suggestion box and it pretty much sums up how I feel about recovery vloggers.

emlamp10n
Debater
Debater

Post by emlamp10n »

treelee wrote:This popped up in my suggestion box and it pretty much sums up how I feel about recovery vloggers.
I agree with the points that she makes. There’s just something wrong imo with recovery you tubers making 1000 what I eat in a day videos. It just doesn’t sit right with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macro friendly
Informer
Informer

Post by macro friendly »

OMG! The girl that used to be on Nickelodeon!! I love this!

mwahahahaew
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mwahahahaew »

has anyone seen christie swadling's new gut reset diet plan and bullshit powders? asdfghjkl....

jaenerys
Talker
Talker

Post by jaenerys »

macro friendly wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:08 pm
OMG! The girl that used to be on Nickelodeon!! I love this!
honestly couldn't even tell it was Jenna McCurdy until you pointed it out/after i watched the first few seconds lol

I remember her as Sam from iCarly

I also remember a period in time when she went through some troubles herself; haven't watched the video yet but I'm guessing this is what she talks about

wilmadawn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn »

mwahahahaew wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:45 am
has anyone seen christie swadling's new gut reset diet plan and bullshit powders? asdfghjkl....
yes, people are calling her out and shes just deleting comments. also, denying she ever had an ED. Ok. :roll:

Post by Guest »

wilmadawn wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:03 am
mwahahahaew wrote:
yes, people are calling her out and shes just deleting comments. also, denying she ever had an ED. Ok. :roll:
BITCH HAS AN EATING DISORDER RECOVERY TATTOO ON HER WRIST.
Breast implants? Check
Tattoo removal? Soon to be.

lunaluvgood
Informer
Informer

Post by lunaluvgood »

mwahahahaew wrote:
I was wondering when that was gonna be released. Idc if she said she's working with a professional - its actually shocking how anyone can slap their name on something and sell it without credentials, especially when she looks the way she does.

Also the cost of those supplement powders...you may as well just put a bit of apple cider vinegar and lemon in water yourself.

Irina
Debater
Debater

Post by Irina »

I just discovered Christie Swadling because she was mentioned here and I have scrolled through her Insta and Youtube - that girl really has the typical anorexic mindset? She comes across as a controll freak, everything has to be so tidy and organised and she seems like she can't really handle it when things go different than she has planned them Very amibitious and perfectionistic.
I can't watch her videos though, she is so dramatic/overstressed/fake, trying to be funny but to me she is not.
And she really seems like a copy of Sarahs Day.
///

Someone I really like: Sarah Ramadan. She isn't really a recovery vlogger anymore but more a "normal fitness vlogger". She had her ED back in 2014/2015 (?) and then went into recovery. Competet in Bodybuilding (which is not the best idea imo but she handled it) and since then is just doing lifestyle-bodybuilding. She has been at the same weight since I started following her (1,5 years?) and I think she really did recover. And she comes across really sweet and genuine (sometimes I find her a bit boring and sometimes a little bit cheesy but I do like her).
Please excuse my english, it's not my first language <3

kmk23
Learner
Learner

Post by kmk23 »

Irina wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:45 am
I just discovered Christie Swadling because she was mentioned here and I have scrolled through her Insta and Youtube - that girl really has the typical anorexic mindset? She comes across as a controll freak, everything has to be so tidy and organised and she seems like she can't really handle it when things go different than she has planned them Very amibitious and perfectionistic.
I can't watch her videos though, she is so dramatic/overstressed/fake, trying to be funny but to me she is not.
///
Can we just make a thread for Christie?? she's a serious mess. I can't believe she is denying having an ED. That video has over 4 million views and it's still on her youtube? she is a complete copy of Sarah's Day and probably many other people. From the vegan to paleo, gut health, recovery, gut powders, here editing style and even her personality. Even that artwork she made, direct copy from another artist and she even made it into merch as if it were her own. She even said the only reason she went vegan was because she idolized Loni Jane and wanted to be just like her. She does not have an original bone in her body.

lokiofasgard
Learner
Learner

Post by lokiofasgard »

Elzani kind and of freaks me out but I still keep watching and thinking how awkward it is

LipstickLashes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LipstickLashes »

lokiofasgard wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 12:28 pm
Elzani kind and of freaks me out but I still keep watching and thinking how awkward it is
She has weird attachment issues with her mum. She spends a day, every day with her and has no friends due to her ED.
Thing is, she does enjoy eating when she allows herself. But those orgasm faces she makes when she takes a tiny mouthful of something is just creepy. And the constant “this is the first time I’ve ever eaten X” is so grating and probably kinda untrue.

macro friendly
Informer
Informer

Post by macro friendly »

lokiofasgard wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 12:28 pm
OMG yes I can't seem to look away I always end up watching the videos and sitting there wondering what the hell I'm doing with my life aha.
She reminds me of the patients I'd see in ED treatment in those ED documentaries about the places where people went to old cottages with like 16 other (mostly anorexic mostly female) people instead of hospital.

Post by Guest »

Elzani is sooo weird. She is very obsessive and needs therapy for much more than her food issues. Imagine having 0 friends and spend your time with mom 24/7. I wonder if she is jealous of her sisters. Especially Alisha is very popular.

lokiofasgard
Learner
Learner

Post by lokiofasgard »

Yeah. And she just keeps repeating words while eating so it takes forever.

I recently found her: and I have enjoyed her content a lot!

LipstickLashes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LipstickLashes »

And the amount of talking she does before every single meal the food must be freezing cold by the time she actually starts eating it

wilmadawn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn »

kmk23 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:30 am
Irina wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:45 am
///
Can we just make a thread for Christie?? she's a serious mess. I can't believe she is denying having an ED. That video has over 4 million views and it's still on her youtube? she is a complete copy of Sarah's Day and probably many other people. From the vegan to paleo, gut health, recovery, gut powders, here editing style and even her personality. Even that artwork she made, direct copy from another artist and she even made it into merch as if it were her own. She even said the only reason she went vegan was because she idolized Loni Jane and wanted to be just like her. She does not have an original bone in her body.
she needs her own thread. she is coming off as so desperate lately and give me a break with the verified blue check next to IG now. :roll:

runningon
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by runningon »

Victoria7571 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:13 pm

yes, i've been watching her stories for a while now and idk how she makes me feel....
Same! Also, can't decide if I'm jealous of the fact that she goes to bed at 8:30pm every night or not! :?:
This has to be about Anna Saccone. My problem with her is that she gave young girls diet advice while she was suffering from an apparent ED. When she made a video and said she was cured, she again gave advice, when it's fairly clear she's still got disordered eating patterns. She preaches body positivity while manipulating her photos. IMO she's setting a damaging example for her young, impressionable audience. If you are going to claim to be an influencer then you have to accept that you're selling not only products to your audience but a way of life as well.

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”