Cheat Day/Food Challenge/Mukbang Youtubers

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom » Wed May 15, 2019 6:52 pm

How have all these crazies not ended up in the hospital after torturing their poor gallbladders like this. Who will be the first to come out and say “cheat days and restriction did permanent damage to my digestive system”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srirachujang
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Cheat Day/Food Challenge/Mukbang Youtubers

Post by srirachujang » Wed May 15, 2019 7:25 pm

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:52 pm
How have all these crazies not ended up in the hospital after torturing their poor gallbladders like this. Who will be the first to come out and say “cheat days and restriction did permanent damage to my digestive system”

Honestly I see several of them making this kind of video within the next few years or so. A lot of these cheat day YouTubers aren't going to be super young by that time--like now they're in their mid to late 20s or so and are nearing that age where their metabolisms decline and they age more rapidly. With their current digestive systems and everything, I'd say they definitely will not age nicely and will regret a lot of what they did in the past. Not going to jump the gun, but I also wonder if one of them, most likely Stephanie Buttermore, will go into the plastic surgery route because of it.

But if we're betting on who will be the first person to end up with a horrible medical condition because of these cheat day YouTubers, I'm betting on one of the food challenge YouTubers like Matt Stonie or Erik the Electric. I don't watch Matt but I know his challenges are like Erik's but on freaking steroids. He also has nearly 8 million subscribers so he'd be one of the most influential catalysts for putting an end to this cheat day binge and restrict culture.

death_wish
Learner
Learner

Post by death_wish » Thu May 16, 2019 4:12 am

srirachujang wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:45 pm
emlamp10n wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:03 pm
Looks like Nick Dompierre started “experimenting” with his diet again ImageImage
He’s now on a high fat, high protein, low carb diet that mostly consists of a truck load of beef, macadamia nuts and eggs (literally saw him drinking 6 raw eggs)

I just can’t with him anymore

Honestly I think this new diet is way more restrictive and damaging to his health than his vegan diet or even that one meal a day diet. At the very least, he ate a good variety of fruits and vegetables with some fats like avocado and stuff, but now this is all a bunch of saturated fat without any antioxidants or fiber that you'd get from plant foods. Not saying that eggs and beef are unhealthy but six eggs and monster amounts of beef cannot be healthy on a daily basis. I won't be surprised if he decides to jump off the keto wagon in less than a month, and that's being generous. He'd just count his cheat days as "refeeds", but who wants that sort of diet? A diet where you constantly have to refuel yourself with foods that you restrict all week long because you "can't" have it for some weird reason?

It seems that these cheat day YouTubers all have these obsessive and addictive personalities that thrive off extremes. They don't understand the concept of moderation and balance--they're either restricting or binging, exercising or sitting at home all day so they can eat, or eating super low calorie foods or super high sugar and fatty foods. It makes sense with Livia's ED past and Nate's addiction to drugs. I forget if Nick also had some kind of drug addiction or if he at least flirted with them, but whatever it might be, it's not just being disordered to be disordered, but it's probably part of a personality trait that could be damaging to them in regards to health and other aspects of their lives.
Nick has said that he has struggled with alcoholism in the past.

SnoopyDoggo
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by SnoopyDoggo » Thu May 16, 2019 11:03 am

You know what’d be a REAL challenge video. Livia - eat the same number of calories you usually do per week, but eat them stead equally over all 7 days, made up of “real” normal meals and snacks

HoardganizedJen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by HoardganizedJen » Thu May 16, 2019 4:06 pm

death_wish wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:12 am
srirachujang wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:45 pm
emlamp10n wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:03 pm
Looks like Nick Dompierre started “experimenting” with his diet again ImageImage
He’s now on a high fat, high protein, low carb diet that mostly consists of a truck load of beef, macadamia nuts and eggs (literally saw him drinking 6 raw eggs)

I just can’t with him anymore

Honestly I think this new diet is way more restrictive and damaging to his health than his vegan diet or even that one meal a day diet. At the very least, he ate a good variety of fruits and vegetables with some fats like avocado and stuff, but now this is all a bunch of saturated fat without any antioxidants or fiber that you'd get from plant foods. Not saying that eggs and beef are unhealthy but six eggs and monster amounts of beef cannot be healthy on a daily basis. I won't be surprised if he decides to jump off the keto wagon in less than a month, and that's being generous. He'd just count his cheat days as "refeeds", but who wants that sort of diet? A diet where you constantly have to refuel yourself with foods that you restrict all week long because you "can't" have it for some weird reason?

It seems that these cheat day YouTubers all have these obsessive and addictive personalities that thrive off extremes. They don't understand the concept of moderation and balance--they're either restricting or binging, exercising or sitting at home all day so they can eat, or eating super low calorie foods or super high sugar and fatty foods. It makes sense with Livia's ED past and Nate's addiction to drugs. I forget if Nick also had some kind of drug addiction or if he at least flirted with them, but whatever it might be, it's not just being disordered to be disordered, but it's probably part of a personality trait that could be damaging to them in regards to health and other aspects of their lives.
Nick has said that he has struggled with alcoholism in the past.
As well as drugs

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom » Thu May 16, 2019 5:30 pm

It’s so ugly whyyyyyyy ImageImageImageImage

treelee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by treelee » Thu May 16, 2019 6:01 pm

Cheryl Blossom wrote:It’s so ugly whyyyyyyy ImageImageImageImage

Omg why?! I thought it was going to be tiny and on the side or something.

joyshan13
Debater
Debater

Post by joyshan13 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:56 pm

Doesn't she know that time is a cruel mistress and that particular area will be one of the first to sag??

FoodGusher
Talker
Talker

Post by FoodGusher » Thu May 16, 2019 10:27 pm

SnoopyDoggo wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:03 am
You know what’d be a REAL challenge video. Livia - eat the same number of calories you usually do per week, but eat them stead equally over all 7 days, made up of “real” normal meals and snacks
REVOLUTIONARY. I can't like this enough.

She would probably dry-heave from panic on the morning of day 1.
joyshan13 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:56 pm
Doesn't she know that time is a cruel mistress and that particular area will be one of the first to sag??
This thing is gonna look like a Pokemon in a few years. :rofl: And honestly, I think she'll be better off for it. I don't even know what this is supposed to be. Two birds mating in front of a plate? I have no idea.

srirachujang
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by srirachujang » Fri May 17, 2019 9:52 am

Oh god, no no no, Megan. A tattoo as big as that at least belongs on the upper back. Ideally it should have been a tenth of that size and somewhere a little more obscure, even on the collarbone would have looked way nicer. That's just incredibly obnoxious. It actually makes her look a lot wider.

RE: I wonder if Livia thinks that eating everything in moderation instead of having these cheat days will suddenly make her fat forever. Sure she may hold more water weight in the beginning but it will be so much better for her body in the long run. She can put on a bit of healthy muscle in the mean time, maybe gain some nice definition. Not saying Livia's body looks anorexic, but I personally think she can afford to put on a little more muscle, though she probably likes that leaner look that fashion bloggers have. And it's not like she even does food challenges. All of her cheat days are literally the same "eating whatever I want" or "dream cheat day" except for one vegan cheat day and one with breakfast food.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom » Fri May 17, 2019 4:29 pm

I like Sarah’s makeup and style a lot more than Megan’s. She’s really pretty but she just always sounds so stoned when she talks lol

Chapstick33
Debater
Debater

Post by Chapstick33 » Fri May 17, 2019 7:23 pm

I liked Megan a lot but she’s starting to annoy me. And that tattoo is so hideous. She’s getting a lot bigger and it’s not a compliment.

srirachujang
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by srirachujang » Sun May 19, 2019 2:25 pm

All I could think of in this video were the reasons why Livia DEFINITELY reads GuruGossip.

1. The hair. It's layered and it looks lighter. Looks fucking awful. She may have changed it partially because we've commented on how her hair always looks messy and I guess she thinks this new look makes her look more put-together. But it's horrible. I can't get past it. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

2. She ate more slowly. Remember how in the past few videos she ate her food like she just got out of prison? Now she's actually savoring the donuts and the cheesecake. Her bites are still pretty large and I wanted to gauge my eyes out once she got icing on her face and didn't bother to wipe it off. It looked like a booger trying to pose as a septum ring.

3. Nate's attitude is WAY less douchey. He was actually kind of funny and goofy, much nicer to Livia. Suspecting that he's healed well from his grandmother's death and now he knows he shouldn't treat the women he loves like shit because he'll lose them. I'm hoping that it helped him grow and mature in a positive way. Just to add, she seems less annoyed with him as a result.

Still, any cheat day video from Livia is no cake walk to watch, but I can't say that I'm entirely unhappy with this because at least she's making an effort to improve how bearable she is. At the very least, I hope that their relationship improves after that really tragic loss. So Livia, thanks for taking some time out of your day to read our comments ;) now what we can hope for are more balanced daily meals, less cheat days, or any cheat day that doesn't involve those cheap and boring fast food places and chains! It's Florida, they should have some decent local restaurants there. Oh yeah, and go back to darker brunette hair. Like for that I'm begging you.

emlamp10n
Talker
Talker

Post by emlamp10n » Sun May 19, 2019 4:57 pm

I’m just so sick of Livia promoting diet foods on her instagram though. The other day she had a low calorie “light n fit” yogurt or enlightened this and konjac noodle. She’s totally living with that diet mindset and because of that I just can’t watch her cheat day videos without feeling like this is just so wrong and heavily disordered. No matter how she tries her best to make it look like “I can eat everything and look at me eat that burger, I’m so recovered.”
No girl you’re not. You’re trapped in a binge/restrict/exercise cycle and that no matter how slow or fast she eats

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom » Sun May 19, 2019 7:37 pm

Did Nick and his annoying girlfriend really demolish a dozen donuts before stuffing their face at Disney. Wtf. There are donuts at Disney Nick. Chill out

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom » Sun May 19, 2019 8:02 pm

With the shots of his gf in the sun, I now realize why she looks so weird. I thought she didn’t wear makeup but it looks like she actually has foundation to cover up some acne but nothing else which is why her face looks so flat and “off.”

treelee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by treelee » Mon May 20, 2019 12:48 am

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:02 pm
With the shots of his gf in the sun, I now realize why she looks so weird. I thought she didn’t wear makeup but it looks like she actually has foundation to cover up some acne but nothing else which is why her face looks so flat and “off.”

I suspected that was the case with the kkfit twins. They have zero dimension to their face because they leave it all one tone of thick foundation. I mean I respect an actual no makeup look, but if you're going through the hassle of a whole layer of foundation (and arguably the makeup that is actually bad for your skin) why not take an extra 5 min to add some blush or bronzer and maybe mascara if you're feeling crazy. You'll look human again at least.

malloryxo
Talker
Talker

Post by malloryxo » Tue May 21, 2019 6:06 am

Kind of random, but in Megan's new video she mentioned that she had to watch James Charles' video on .75 speed cause he talks too fast. Lmao, I had to watch it on 1.5 speed because I think he talks too slow at times, maybe that just really shows how slow Megan talks

Angelsrest8
Learner
Learner

Post by Angelsrest8 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:23 am

treelee wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:48 am
Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:02 pm

I suspected that was the case with the kkfit twins. They have zero dimension to their face because they leave it all one tone of thick foundation. I mean I respect an actual no makeup look, but if you're going through the hassle of a whole layer of foundation (and arguably the makeup that is actually bad for your skin) why not take an extra 5 min to add some blush or bronzer and maybe mascara if you're feeling crazy. You'll look human again at least.
I also hope that they did something besides eating... these eating-based relationships (hello Nate and Livia) are so sad lol

HoardganizedJen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by HoardganizedJen » Tue May 21, 2019 2:41 pm

malloryxo wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:06 am
Kind of random, but in Megan's new video she mentioned that she had to watch James Charles' video on .75 speed cause he talks too fast. Lmao, I had to watch it on 1.5 speed because I think he talks too slow at times, maybe that just really shows how slow Megan talks
I can't watch any video at regular speed anymore. A) who has the time? and b) everyone talks so slow!!! When you sound normal at 1.5x speed, something is wrong lol. I had to watch James' first apology vid at 2x because all the awkward pauses made me so uncomfortable :lol: I liked her take on everything but like... you're perpetuating drama culture by making a video about it trying to leech onto some views. Just sayin.

emlamp10n
Talker
Talker

Post by emlamp10n » Tue May 21, 2019 7:12 pm

Ironic much? That girl is the living definition of living in denial.

UNEVENTFUL
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by UNEVENTFUL » Wed May 22, 2019 4:50 am

Is Megan's heinous tattoo the same one her ex had on his neck?

joyshan13
Debater
Debater

Post by joyshan13 » Wed May 22, 2019 5:02 am

emlamp10n wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:12 pm

Ironic much? That girl is the living definition of living in denial.

Does she seriously want everyone to look the other way and NOT call her out for binging every week? I get why her mom and Nate might let her do whatever she wants but I'm more than happy thinking for myself and deciding she is still under the shackles of her ED.

I also hate how she and Nick D push this line of "oh just because I do something doesn't mean YOU need to do it too but oh look at how often I do it and isn't shoveling 10 donuts SO much fun?" They're making $ off a following and should appreciate the impact they have.

jaenerys
Learner
Learner

Post by jaenerys » Wed May 22, 2019 7:47 am

she talks a lot about 'balance' for someone who eats only 500 or 10,000 calories a day, with no inbetween.
balance would be knowing when to keep eating when you have had too little, and knowing when to stop when you've overindulged.

it really is frustrating and worrisome to see how blind a lot of people are to the various forms of EDs; I've been struggling with them for so long and forget that others don't have the same kind of knowledge about EDs that I've accumulated over the years.
The fact that she, and a lot of her followers, don't see it is frightening.
Is she seeing a therapist? If she is, I hope that the therapist isn't blind to this and perpetuating the cycle.
These food challenge youtubers don't see the changes it's causing them because they have been living like this for awhile, and are used to it. However, I wonder if any of them look at themselves before 'cheatday culture' and compare it to their health now, and wonder if they really are any better or less obsessed with food than they were before....
jillibunn.tumblr.com

wilmadawn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn » Wed May 22, 2019 9:03 am

jaenerys wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:47 am
she talks a lot about 'balance' for someone who eats only 500 or 10,000 calories a day, with no inbetween.
balance would be knowing when to keep eating when you have had too little, and knowing when to stop when you've overindulged.

it really is frustrating and worrisome to see how blind a lot of people are to the various forms of EDs; I've been struggling with them for so long and forget that others don't have the same kind of knowledge about EDs that I've accumulated over the years.
The fact that she, and a lot of her followers, don't see it is frightening.
Is she seeing a therapist? If she is, I hope that the therapist isn't blind to this and perpetuating the cycle.
These food challenge youtubers don't see the changes it's causing them because they have been living like this for awhile, and are used to it. However, I wonder if any of them look at themselves before 'cheatday culture' and compare it to their health now, and wonder if they really are any better or less obsessed with food than they were before....
:tu: livia is really getting annoying. she is completely delusional if she thinks this is recovery and that starving yourself monday-friday is normal. i really wish she would get off youtube and go get some freaking help. again, this isn't balance. this is the exact opposite of balance.

Return to “Fitness Influencers”