Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

People with less than 3 archived locked threads.
Sabrina von Saffron
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Sabrina von Saffron »

nadi wrote:I'm not attracted to women, I feel a mild repulsion to the idea of me sleeping with a woman. I'm not thinking "OH MY GOD FUCKING DISGUSTING", it's just an "ew" feeling. It's not homophobic, I'm not saying it's bad to be gay. Go ask most straight men how they feel about being physically intimate with another man and they'll say the same if they're being honest. Again, doesn't mean you're homophobic.
Why is the idea repulsive if queerness is not repulsive?

Yeah, many straight men would say that because a LOT of straight men have unconscious anti-queer biases. Such is the culture in which we live.

Pretty much all of us have some of those ugly biases tucked away inside us. That’s life. But if you’re gonna fly your “look at me I’m so woke” flag and expect to get ally-points when it suits you, it’s worth examining these knee-jerk reactions when they come up.

And yes, comparisons are odious, but let not pretend that writing and sex need to be the EXACT same thing for the point to be valid. Handedness is, by and large, an inborn trait. It is something you gravitate to without logical persuasion. It is a preference based on what “feels” correct to YOU in your own mind and body. Left-handedness is also something that was historically considered wrong/evil/heretical/sinful and that children were “trained out of” with corporal punishment. There was a time that people WERE culturally conditioned to be, essentially, repulsed by the idea of left-handedness. The fact that you don’t consider your response to gay sex comparable is because you weren’t raised in a culture that taught you to feel that way about left-handedness.

nadi
Informer
Informer

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by nadi »

Sabrina von Saffron wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:12 pm
nadi wrote:I'm not attracted to women, I feel a mild repulsion to the idea of me sleeping with a woman. I'm not thinking "OH MY GOD FUCKING DISGUSTING", it's just an "ew" feeling. It's not homophobic, I'm not saying it's bad to be gay. Go ask most straight men how they feel about being physically intimate with another man and they'll say the same if they're being honest. Again, doesn't mean you're homophobic.
Why is the idea repulsive if queerness is not repulsive?

Yeah, many straight men would say that because a LOT of straight men have unconscious anti-queer biases. Such is the culture in which we live.

Pretty much all of us have some of those ugly biases tucked away inside us. That’s life. But if you’re gonna fly your “look at me I’m so woke” flag and expect to get ally-points when it suits you, it’s worth examining these knee-jerk reactions when they come up.

And yes, comparisons are odious, but let not pretend that writing and sex need to be the EXACT same thing for the point to be valid. Handedness is, by and large, an inborn trait. It is something you gravitate to without logical persuasion. It is a preference based on what “feels” correct to YOU in your own mind and body. Left-handedness is also something that was historically considered wrong/evil/heretical/sinful and that children were “trained” out of with corporal punishment. There was a time that people WERE culturally conditioned to be, essentially, repulsed by the idea of left-handedness. The fact that you don’t consider your response to gay sex comparable is because you weren’t raised in a culture that taught you to feel that way about left-handedness.
we'll agree to disagree

OneOfTheHeathers
Debater
Debater

Post by OneOfTheHeathers »

nadi wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:22 pm

we'll agree to disagree
Ummm...that's not how discussion works.

From here https://www.theodysseyonline.com/dont-a ... e-with-you

"The phrase has become a cop out, a way to avoid confronting something uncomfortable, a way for you to remain sexist, racist, science and human rights denying because you want ‘agree, to disagree’, because you don’t want to listen to me anymore.

The reality is that you aren’t ‘agreeing to disagree’ because you want to be kind, or because you’ve heard and value the other side and remain unmoved, it’s a dismissal, it’s you not wanting to listen anymore, it’s you not wanting to have to defend your opinions. Well you should have to defend your opinions, if you are willing to stand for what you believe in, willing to be vocal about it in the first place, then do it, stand for it, defend it, debate in favor of it, feel strongly about it because these things are important, politics are important, human rights are important, discourse is important."

Sabrina von Saffron
Gossiper
Gossiper

Look this debate is probably a little much to expect the mods to referee, so I won’t go back and forth beyond this post. But two things:

- The fact that you think your reaction “isn’t homophobic” isn’t because it’s NOT homophobic to be repulsed by the mere thought of having sex with another woman. It’s because you’re working backward from what you already believe to be true about yourself: you don’t believe you’re homophobic, THEREFORE, the thoughts you’re having couldn’t possibly be homophobic.

- The normalization of straight men being horrified/repulsed by queerness is, essentially, the basis for the “gay panic defense.” I’m not sure you realize how ugly an argument this is, but the idea that this is an inevitable “straight reaction” has literally been used to legally defend hate crimes, including the murder of gay and trans people.

kennygirl
Stalker
Stalker

Post by kennygirl »

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

The thing that bothers me most about Em is that she claims to be so gEnUiNe and rEaL yet sells out for any activewear company that sends her clothes. She’s the first to jump on the bandwagon for any f-ing company that sends her clothes and claims that it’s the “gReAtEsT bRaNd eVeR”. Buff Bunny, Balance, Alphalete, and now Katie Corio’s line. Yeah sure, I’m sure you’re genuine 🙄

Post by Guest »

JMizzle33 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:42 pm
She is a freaking moron, and I hope she reads this forum.

"I'm not in any way grossed out by gay people the thought of BEING GAY, there's nothing gross about that - I'm grossed out by the thought of being PHYSICALLY INTIMATE with someone who isn't within my sexual preferences (aka women as I'm not attracted to women)"

Ok...so....you're not grossed out about being attracted to the same sex, you're grossed out by the thought of being sexual with someone of the same sex.....I'm sorry, I am thoroughly confused.

You're an idiot. It's the SAME FING THING. I can't stand this girl, and I am sick of IG solely for the fact that other influencers fall all over her like she's a freaking Godsend.
She makes perfect sense. I'm the reverse as I'm grossed out by the idea of having sex with a man. Does that make me heterophobic? People do way too much for internet woke points lol.

Dabolino1919
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Dabolino1919 »

nadi wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:49 pm
HoardganizedJen wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:43 am
nadi wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:25 am
JMizzle33 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:42 pm
She is a freaking moron, and I hope she reads this forum.

"I'm not in any way grossed out by gay people the thought of BEING GAY, there's nothing gross about that - I'm grossed out by the thought of being PHYSICALLY INTIMATE with someone who isn't within my sexual preferences (aka women as I'm not attracted to women)"

Ok...so....you're not grossed out about being attracted to the same sex, you're grossed out by the thought of being sexual with someone of the same sex.....I'm sorry, I am thoroughly confused.

You're an idiot. It's the SAME FING THING. I can't stand this girl, and I am sick of IG solely for the fact that other influencers fall all over her like she's a freaking Godsend.
But it makes sense? I do not want to be physically intimate with women, I am not attracted to them, and the thought of me personally having sex with a women is gross to me. But I am fine with and understand that other women like women. How is that the same thing?
I think JMizzle meant that being in a gay relationship and being physically intimate with a person of the opposite sex are one in the same in adult relationships. Like most adults are fucking so there's no different between being gay and being in a gay relationship. Why are you and Emily grossed out about being with a woman? Like, being indifferent or not wanting to be with a woman is one thing but being "grossed out" has inherent homophobic undertones. It's not gross just because you don't subscribe to it. That's just how I look at the situation.
I'm not attracted to women, I feel a mild repulsion to the idea of me sleeping with a woman. I'm not thinking "OH MY GOD FUCKING DISGUSTING", it's just an "ew" feeling. It's not homophobic, I'm not saying it's bad to be gay. Go ask most straight men how they feel about being physically intimate with another man and they'll say the same if they're being honest. Again, doesn't mean you're homophobic.
I seriously love this! I had never thought about it this way, and it actually really helped my mindset on the subject. Thanks!!

JMizzle33
Informer
Informer

Post by JMizzle33 »

Thank_unext wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:08 am
JMizzle33 wrote: She is a freaking moron, and I hope she reads this forum.

She makes perfect sense. I'm the reverse as I'm grossed out by the idea of having sex with a man. Does that make me heterophobic? People do way too much for internet woke points lol.
Not quite. They are called opinions.. I don't need "internet woke points" from people on a forum about an irrelevant annoying 20-something. The conversation was over a long time ago. :tu:

Sabrina von Saffron
Gossiper
Gossiper

Aaaaaanyway.

“Her” presets that she’s been shilling are honestly so bad. They completely desaturate everything besides the red/orange/pink tones and make any image they’re applied to look like tacky “selective color” photography.

Post by Guest »

JMizzle33 wrote:
Thank_unext wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:08 am
JMizzle33 wrote: She is a freaking moron, and I hope she reads this forum.

Not quite. They are called opinions.. I don't need "internet woke points" from people on a forum about an irrelevant annoying 20-something. The conversation was over a long time ago. :tu:
Yeah. A very stupid opinion but moving on... 😂

scoops221
Learner
Learner

Post by scoops221 »

treelee wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:51 pm
She's a fake on every front. Fake woke, fake intellectual. But seriously, she's a little racist, homophobic, and I'd argue it's pretty hard to be a true feminist when your life's passion is to parade your body around in a tiny bikini for others to judge. And she's always lapping up unscientific bull crap on her podcast as long as it fits her narrative (never pointing out blatant bs/lies/bad science) even though she's a self proclaimed science-minded individual. She needs to sit the fuck down.

And I've also wondered if she started prep as she's been so narcissistic and said she won't announce it... although ever since she lost the slightest bit of weight and could squeeze herself into a size S (a la stephanie buttermore all in body lol) she's been insufferable. If she is in prep now or even very soon from now she's an idiot and not taking her own advice about spending equally as long reversing/out of a deficit as you spent in one. She spent 9 months in a deficit (and experienced major weight loss) and it's been maybe 6 months now out of it. And she's going to need to lose 30+ lbs on top of the 40 she already lost. It's gonna be a rough one for her and I'm here for it lol.

She and her friend Chanel are a little racist even if they don’t admit it to themselves. With their warrior braids, drag vocabulary, trying to make the fact that they listen to rap look authentic. Chanel posted something on her story after a Lizzo performance about how the dancers had too much ass out for her liking. When her instaho friends have their asses out, it’s fine but when a black woman’s dancers are showing ass, it’s not. They pick and choose which parts of black culture are appropriate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

^Oof. These girls literally parade around in sparkly thongs and tiny bikini tops (that show more a lot more than that does) as a "sport" but find that offensive? Chanel herself literally posted an instagram pic in her underwear not even 3 weeks ago. And it's not for any cultural/artistic reason, it's just to show off their own asses. I kind of gave Chanel a pass on the braids because she said she's always saying she's part native american. But I think you're right, she's just appropriating black culture not celebrating her heritage. I mean if you find showing off your body empowering by all means do it. But don't judge others for doing it in their own way. Also I seriously don't see bikini comps as falling in the empowering category, but that's just me.

FakinFakinFakin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FakinFakinFakin »

scoops221 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:13 am
treelee wrote:
She's a fake on every front. Fake woke, fake intellectual. But seriously, she's a little racist, homophobic, and I'd argue it's pretty hard to be a true feminist when your life's passion is to parade your body around in a tiny bikini for others to judge. And she's always lapping up unscientific bull crap on her podcast as long as it fits her narrative (never pointing out blatant bs/lies/bad science) even though she's a self proclaimed science-minded individual. She needs to sit the fuck down.

And I've also wondered if she started prep as she's been so narcissistic and said she won't announce it... although ever since she lost the slightest bit of weight and could squeeze herself into a size S (a la stephanie buttermore all in body lol) she's been insufferable. If she is in prep now or even very soon from now she's an idiot and not taking her own advice about spending equally as long reversing/out of a deficit as you spent in one. She spent 9 months in a deficit (and experienced major weight loss) and it's been maybe 6 months now out of it. And she's going to need to lose 30+ lbs on top of the 40 she already lost. It's gonna be a rough one for her and I'm here for it lol.

She and her friend Chanel are a little racist even if they don’t admit it to themselves. With their warrior braids, drag vocabulary, trying to make the fact that they listen to rap look authentic. Chanel posted something on her story after a Lizzo performance about how the dancers had too much ass out for her liking. When her instaho friends have their asses out, it’s fine but when a black woman’s dancers are showing ass, it’s not. They pick and choose which parts of black culture are appropriate.
Agreed with all this but I'd just like to add that Chanel has mentioned that she is Native American and has coarse hair so that's why she wears her hair in braids frequently. Emily has no excuse.

Sabrina von Saffron
Gossiper
Gossiper

I can’t imagine Chanel is very conscious in anything she does or says... she’s always struck me as a pretty dim bulb. I watched her YouTube channel for about two seconds and I had to unsubscribe almost immediately because she kept misusing five-dollar words that she was obviously flexing in an attempt to sound smart.

Emily loves to bring up how her best friend is like 10 years older than her because, “she’s just always found she has a better connection with people who are older than her and more mature than people her OWN age!” (Which is ostensibly why she made no friends in college.) But it’s really more an appraisal of Chanel’s intelligence than it is Emily’s. Chanel is a married woman in her 30’s... the fact that her “best friend” is a girl who just graduated college, who shouldn’t reasonably be able to relate to a LOT of Chanel’s life experiences, is saying something. Whether or not the two are aware of it.

scoops221
Learner
Learner

Post by scoops221 »

treelee wrote:

She and her friend Chanel are racist. Appropriating drag vocabulary as their own brand of sass, “warrior” braids, and trying to make it look like they authentically listen to rap. Chanel posted about a Lizzo performance having too much ass for her taste but when her instaho friends have their asses out, it’s acceptable. They pick and chose what parts of blackness are appropriate.

good girl
Informer
Informer

Post by good girl »

wait what, only certain races are allowed to wear braids now?

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

Sabrina von Saffron wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:39 am
I can’t imagine Chanel is very conscious in anything she does or says... she’s always struck me as a pretty dim bulb. I watched her YouTube channel for about two seconds and I had to unsubscribe almost immediately because she kept misusing five-dollar words that she was obviously flexing in an attempt to sound smart.

Emily loves to bring up how her best friend is like 10 years older than her because, “she’s just always found she has a better connection with people who are older than her and more mature than people her OWN age!” (Which is ostensibly why she made no friends in college.) But it’s really more an appraisal of Chanel’s intelligence than it is Emily’s. Chanel is a married woman in her 30’s... the fact that her “best friend” is a girl who just graduated college, who shouldn’t reasonably be able to relate to a LOT of Chanel’s life experiences, is saying something. Whether or not the two are aware of it.
I've always thought this to myself too. I know people here love Chanel, but I'm not so big on her. She's less annoying than Em because her ego isn't the size of Texas, but that's not saying much. It's also quite strange that Emily didn't make any friends in college. I was a pretty shy commuter student too, and I made plenty of friends. She just didn't try and meet anyone and probably thought she was too good for study groups/clubs anyways. If you can't find anyone in a big institution of diverse people, it's probably a you problem.

Post by Guest »

I will never understand what she sees when she looks in the mirror — because it is wayyyy different than what I see when she posts a picture.

NorCal523
Learner
Learner

Post by NorCal523 »

She is the most insufferable person on social media. No competition. She truly thinks she’s beyond brilliant. How does she not see how holier than thou she comes across? I’m shocked she has any friends.

tayyyyyy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by tayyyyyy »

Why. Why would she post this photo of herself. This is so unflattering

Return to “Misc - Archived Threads”