Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

People with less than 3 archived locked threads.
byebeach
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by byebeach »

Love the new title. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cloudwatcher
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by cloudwatcher »

Love the thread name :rofl:

Post by Guest »

Damn you went there with the thread title lol

Post by Guest »

God, she is so damn desperate to pin her weight gain on EVERYTHING else but herself. It’s not your implants, genius, it’s because you were eating like an asshole.

Like her, I dieted for a really long time and I didn’t even get scary lean, but because I dieted for SO long, my eating habits were jacked up. I’ve gained 25 lbs in the last year and a half. And I swore to God that I was eating under calories, ESPECIALLY because I had started crossfit and had never worked out that intensely before so surely my calories out were greater than my calories in. I kept saying i was in a caloric deficit but i couldn’t lose a single pound. So after blaming everything from my thyroid to my cortisol etc etc, i decided to wear a heart rate monitor, track exactly how much i was burning, and ate freely for a week, following a similar diet that I’d been on for the past several months. Turns out, my workouts may feel intense, but it only feels like I’m burning a shit ton of calories because it’s hot AF in the south, and the random cheat days I’d throw in throughout the week were severely throwing my calories off.
I decided to track my calories very carefully and track my activity as well, and I’m FINALLY losing weight.
So no, Em, you’re not sick from your implants, you’re just stupid and in denial and eating like a fucking asshole.

gapeach
Informer
Informer

Post by gapeach »

wildnblue wrote:hout the week were severely throwing my calories off.
wildnblue wrote:God, she is so damn desperate to pin her weight gain on EVERYTHING else but herself. It’s not your implants, genius, it’s because you were eating like an asshole.

Like her, I dieted for a really long time and I didn’t even get scary lean, but because I dieted for SO long, my eating habits were jacked up. I’ve gained 25 lbs in the last year and a half. And I swore to God that I was eating under calories, ESPECIALLY because I had started crossfit and had never worked out that intensely before so surely my calories out were greater than my calories in. I kept saying i was in a caloric deficit but i couldn’t lose a single pound. So after blaming everything from my thyroid to my cortisol etc etc, i decided to wear a heart rate monitor, track exactly how much i was burning, and ate freely for a week, following a similar diet that I’d been on for the past several months. Turns out, my workouts may feel intense, but it only feels like I’m burning a shit ton of calories because it’s hot AF in the south, and the random cheat days I’d throw in throughout the week were severely throwing my calories off.
I decided to track my calories very carefully and track my activity as well, and I’m FINALLY losing weight.
So no, Em, you’re not sick from your implants, you’re just stupid and in denial and eating like a fucking asshole.

we are the same!!! i thought i was burning waaay more than I actually was. My dumbass was starting to google "metobolic damage" while stuffing my face with white popcorn cmon'. Em probably is blaming it on that because the boobs were so botched

Post by Guest »

gapeach wrote:
wildnblue wrote:hout the week were severely throwing my calories off.
wildnblue wrote:God, she is so damn desperate to pin her weight gain on EVERYTHING else but herself. It’s not your implants, genius, it’s because you were eating like an asshole.

we are the same!!! i thought i was burning waaay more than I actually was. My dumbass was starting to google "metobolic damage" while stuffing my face with white popcorn cmon'. Em probably is blaming it on that because the boobs were so botched
Yes! Omg I threw around metabolic damage like none other, I can’t tell you how many times I said that. It’s all horseshit. I was so focused on the days that I did eat “well” that I lost sight of the days that I ate like crap, and when my husband and I did cheat days, man we did some damage. No wonder I gained weight.

mostlyopaque
Talker
Talker

Post by mostlyopaque »

wildnblue wrote:
gapeach wrote:
Yes! Omg I threw around metabolic damage like none other, I can’t tell you how many times I said that. It’s all horseshit. I was so focused on the days that I did eat “well” that I lost sight of the days that I ate like crap, and when my husband and I did cheat days, man we did some damage. No wonder I gained weight.

Adding myself to this camp. Never got scary lean but years of extreme dieting fucked me up and I ended up gaining 25 lbs in a MONTH, all in my belly and arms. It took two years to finally start losing weight and I’m finally back to normal. I developed serious BED though and kept blaming hormones and reaching for every other reason rather than admit to myself that I was stuffing myself with shitty food. I’m so glad I can eat like a normal person again and am at a normal weight. I feel for you all :love2:

FakinFakinFakin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FakinFakinFakin »

mostlyopaque wrote:
wildnblue wrote: Yes! Omg I threw around metabolic damage like none other, I can’t tell you how many times I said that. It’s all horseshit. I was so focused on the days that I did eat “well” that I lost sight of the days that I ate like crap, and when my husband and I did cheat days, man we did some damage. No wonder I gained weight.

Adding myself to this camp. Never got scary lean but years of extreme dieting fucked me up and I ended up gaining 25 lbs in a MONTH, all in my belly and arms. It took two years to finally start losing weight and I’m finally back to normal. I developed serious BED though and kept blaming hormones and reaching for every other reason rather than admit to myself that I was stuffing myself with shitty food. I’m so glad I can eat like a normal person again and am at a normal weight. I feel for you all :love2:
Yep, I was was very lean at one point, counted all my food, ate weird frakenfood combinations, was determined to be lean like Em and was literally starving my body. I'm not a naturally lean person, my body is naturally curvy and with thick thighs and hips and I was fighting my body type to have that "lean fitspo body." Well eventually I decided I wanted to "bulk" and I also started dating a guy a foot taller than me who played a professional sport and I naturally started eating as much as he did and was confused why I was gaining so much weight over night.

I'm just starting to heal my body from this disordered eating influenced by people like Em that were promoting this as healthy and goals. Which is why I think it's so funny that she's blaming this all on her boobs because this is the same story so many other girls who restricted for so long

nursekatie
Learner
Learner

Post by nursekatie »

I’m actually so annoyed at her for blaming her issues on her implants. I’m just over here waiting for the weight to NOT come off and then see what she has to say... also that frickin comparison of her eyes pre and post surgery. Like yeah right they’re gonna respond that quickly. I also just don’t believe her BS about always having bloodshot eyes. They always look normal to me.

Angelsrest8
Talker
Talker

Post by Angelsrest8 »

Her eyes are already white instead of being bloodshot as she is claiming in her recent IG stories… it cannot be the lack of contacts or more rest, but only the fact that she hasn't had breast implants for one freakin day… She is acting as if this one day has already changed her whole body, immune System and hormonal imbalances. She is being so ridiculous

Sobinski
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sobinski »

Angelsrest8 wrote:Her eyes are already white instead of being bloodshot as she is claiming in her recent IG stories… it cannot be the lack of contacts or more rest, but only the fact that she hasn't had breast implants for one freakin day… She is acting as if this one day has already changed her whole body, immune System and hormonal imbalances. She is being so ridiculous
I literally laughed out loud when I saw that. What a complete idiot. Doesn't she study science? How can she be so obtuse.

Post by Guest »

Holy shit she is citing "research" by arthur brawer I L I T E R A L L Y C A N N O T RIGHT NOW. This guy has literally been deemed an unreliable witness in MULTIPLE cases over the years in his attempt to defend these breast implant illness people. SHE'S TALKING ABOUT MINIMIZING BIAS AND IS LITERALLY CITING A FRAUD.

Literally look at this:

"Q. Doctor, if a patient presented to you with green hair and claimed that her green hair was attributable to her silicone breast implants, unless you could find another explanation for that green hair, you’d put that on your list of signs and symptoms; right?

A. The answer is yes."

(Notes of Testimony of Arthur E. Brawer, at 465:7-12, in Merlin v. 3M Co., No. CV-N-95-696-HDM (D. Nev.Dec. 11, 1995) (Transcript of Rule 702 hearing))

Like, sorry, but does that sound like empiricism to you? Because I'm quite confident that's not how science and evidence work, and I've only been in the field for a few years now. And I'm not a doctor.

He has been found to give toxicology opinions with NO data, and his reports have literally been deemed "so lacking of scientific methods and principles" by courts and judges.

I am genuinely floored. Can this girl not READ??? She talks endlessly about doing her own research but she won't even do a simple google search of the guy she's claiming to be the unbiased king of evidence??? When the guy is repeatedly dismissed in court rooms because his evidence is non-existent??? I am floored. Just when I think she can't possibly surprise me again, she does a goddamn backflip.

purpleandgold
Learner
Learner

Post by purpleandgold »

dontmakememakeyou wrote:Holy shit she is citing "research" by arthur brawer I L I T E R A L L Y C A N N O T RIGHT NOW. This guy has literally been deemed an unreliable witness in MULTIPLE cases over the years in his attempt to defend these breast implant illness people. SHE'S TALKING ABOUT MINIMIZING BIAS AND IS LITERALLY CITING A FRAUD.

Literally look at this:

"Q. Doctor, if a patient presented to you with green hair and claimed that her green hair was attributable to her silicone breast implants, unless you could find another explanation for that green hair, you’d put that on your list of signs and symptoms; right?

A. The answer is yes."

(Notes of Testimony of Arthur E. Brawer, at 465:7-12, in Merlin v. 3M Co., No. CV-N-95-696-HDM (D. Nev.Dec. 11, 1995) (Transcript of Rule 702 hearing))

Like, sorry, but does that sound like empiricism to you? Because I'm quite confident that's not how science and evidence work, and I've only been in the field for a few years now. And I'm not a doctor.

He has been found to give toxicology opinions with NO data, and his reports have literally been deemed "so lacking of scientific methods and principles" by courts and judges.

I am genuinely floored. Can this girl not READ??? She talks endlessly about doing her own research but she won't even do a simple google search of the guy she's claiming to be the unbiased king of evidence??? When the guy is repeatedly dismissed in court rooms because his evidence is non-existent??? I am floored. Just when I think she can't possibly surprise me again, she does a goddamn backflip.

You beat me to it. I was in the middle of writing about this Arthur guy. Does she think her folllowrs are stupid and can’t do a simple google search of just his name?? I also found this reply about his research https://www.atsjournals.org/doi/pdf/10. ... 1602-144LE

Basically they did follow up on his “research” and found that a lot of his findings where negated.

Post by Guest »

purpleandgold wrote:
dontmakememakeyou wrote:Holy shit she is citing "research" by arthur brawer I L I T E R A L L Y C A N N O T RIGHT NOW. This guy has literally been deemed an unreliable witness in MULTIPLE cases over the years in his attempt to defend these breast implant illness people. SHE'S TALKING ABOUT MINIMIZING BIAS AND IS LITERALLY CITING A FRAUD.

Literally look at this:

A. The answer is yes."

You beat me to it. I was in the middle of writing about this Arthur guy. Does she think her folllowrs are stupid and can’t do a simple google search of just his name?? I also found this reply about his research [url]<a class="vglnk" href="https://www.atsjournals.org/doi/pdf/10. ... 1602-144LE[/url" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>atsjournals</span><span>.</span><span>org</span><span>/</span><span>doi</span><span>/</span><span>pdf</span><span>/</span><span>10</span><span>.</span><span>1513</span><span>/</span><span>AnnalsATS</span><span>.</span><span>201602</span><span>-</span><span>144LE</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>]

Basically they did follow up on his “research” and found that a lot of his findings where negated.
He's just another narcissist with a handful of degrees and a book deal. They're a dime-a-dozen. I'm genuinely floored that she thinks this is how to defend the cause for unbiased science, which is genuinely pissing me off more than the shit about her "illness" etc.

Honestly, I think at this point it's her school(s) that's failing her and not her fault that she knows zilch about the scientific method or scientific literacy. She always makes the elementary school argument about not trusting research funded by the guys who promote the product, but like, I can't even think of a time where research like that has been published in a reputable peer-reviewed journal in the last 10 years (maybe more). That's the most basic, obvious thing ever. Not to mention you can easily just write a sentence saying that your project wasn't funded by x company or x person. Literally no one is going to be like "this research on Drug A was funded by The Makers of Drug A!"

If there isn't even a blind statistician, the paper will be disregarded... it will probably be disregarded without a minimum double-blind, randomized control, well-matched series of trials. She should know this by now, if she's about to start her last semester in a science degree, she should have taken at least one semester of statistics and one semester of research methods by now. I honestly think her education has failed her, or she failed her education. I'm a HUGE advocate for scientific literacy (particularly regarding science in the media) and I honestly think it should be taught in high schools, not just universities, so seeing her spread this shit without doing a drop of actual critical thinking and being revered by however many followers taking her word as law (or science, rather) makes my blood boil.

It also absolutely grinds my gears that she didn't even CITE the paper, she just put screenshots filled with virtually unintelligible scientific jargon that will overwhelm her viewers. None of them are reading that, much less understanding it, they just think it's impressive looking and will take it at the face value that she gives it. Especially on a platform like instagram, none of them are going to stop and actually read the tiny font on the tiny square on the tiny phone screen. I have absolutely no way to find the paper, much less the references cited in it, and I'm actually committed to reading it AND have access to numerous academic libraries. So you can imagine how little effort her viewers are actually going to put into it, most of them won't even have access to the primary literature even if they wanted to try and read it themselves. In what world is it okay to not even CITE the damn paper? This is why I think her education is a farce, honestly.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

dontmakememakeyou wrote:
purpleandgold wrote:

Literally look at this:

A. The answer is yes."

You beat me to it. I was in the middle of writing about this Arthur guy. Does she think her folllowrs are stupid and can’t do a simple google search of just his name?? I also found this reply about his research [url]<a class="vglnk" href="<a class="vglnk" href="https://www.atsjournals.org/doi/pdf/10. ... 1602-144LE[/url" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>atsjournals</span><span>.</span><span>org</span><span>/</span><span>doi</span><span>/</span><span>pdf</span><span>/</span><span>10</span><span>.</span><span>1513</span><span>/</span><span>AnnalsATS</span><span>.</span><span>201602</span><span>-</span><span>144LE</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>atsjournals</span><span>.</span><span>org</span><span>/</span><span>doi</span><span>/</span><span>pdf</span><span>/</span><span>10</span><span>.</span><span>1513</span><span>/</span><span>AnnalsATS</span><span>.</span><span>201602</span><span>-</span><span>144LE</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>]

He's just another narcissist with a handful of degrees and a book deal. They're a dime-a-dozen. I'm genuinely floored that she thinks this is how to defend the cause for unbiased science, which is genuinely pissing me off more than the shit about her "illness" etc.

Honestly, I think at this point it's her school(s) that's failing her and not her fault that she knows zilch about the scientific method or scientific literacy. She always makes the elementary school argument about not trusting research funded by the guys who promote the product, but like, I can't even think of a time where research like that has been published in a reputable peer-reviewed journal in the last 10 years (maybe more). That's the most basic, obvious thing ever. Not to mention you can easily just write a sentence saying that your project wasn't funded by x company or x person. Literally no one is going to be like "this research on Drug A was funded by The Makers of Drug A!"

If there isn't even a blind statistician, the paper will be disregarded... it will probably be disregarded without a minimum double-blind, randomized control, well-matched series of trials. She should know this by now, if she's about to start her last semester in a science degree, she should have taken at least one semester of statistics and one semester of research methods by now. I honestly think her education has failed her, or she failed her education. I'm a HUGE advocate for scientific literacy (particularly regarding science in the media) and I honestly think it should be taught in high schools, not just universities, so seeing her spread this shit without doing a drop of actual critical thinking and being revered by however many followers taking her word as law (or science, rather) makes my blood boil.

It also absolutely grinds my gears that she didn't even CITE the paper, she just put screenshots filled with virtually unintelligible scientific jargon that will overwhelm her viewers. None of them are reading that, much less understanding it, they just think it's impressive looking and will take it at the face value that she gives it. Especially on a platform like instagram, none of them are going to stop and actually read the tiny font on the tiny square on the tiny phone screen. I have absolutely no way to find the paper, much less the references cited in it, and I'm actually committed to reading it AND have access to numerous academic libraries. So you can imagine how little effort her viewers are actually going to put into it, most of them won't even have access to the primary literature even if they wanted to try and read it themselves. In what world is it okay to not even CITE the damn paper? This is why I think her education is a farce, honestly.
:hail: THANK YOU. I hadn't had time to research this guy but I figured he was a croc considering there are no scientific studies to back this up as of now. The letters MD don't automatically make someone correct and all knowing. Isn't she the ~t r u t h s e e k e r~ ?? This is seriously embarrassing to watch.

Also in regards to her ability to understand scientific literature. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't really know how to read or write scientific literature. Oftentimes you can make it through a BS degree in America with no ability to do so. Obviously it depends on the coursework you choose and if you pick research intensive classes and/or work with a prof/lab on research, but I have a feeling she hasn't gone down that route. I think she's sticking to reading her textbooks. She also touts online classes, which will likely be even less likely to incorporate that sort of research.

saygopom756
Learner
Learner

Post by saygopom756 »

And now she's posting articles by a doctor (LOOK EVERYONE A DOCTOR WROTE THIS AND DOCTORS ARE SUPER SMART AND THEREFORE I AM RIGHT) to corroborate her claim that she has bii...girl if you were so confident in your diagnosis of your self why do you feel the need to continuously defend it? furthermore, while the doctor she's referencing seems pretty knowledgeable and graduated from reputable schools, one doctor's words are NOT ENOUGH to corroborate ANY scientific findings...which is why we have the current system of research we do now and why we need the system of peer review. For someone who touts her love of science so much she has no idea how academia works. an idiot.

Post by Guest »

treelee wrote:
dontmakememakeyou wrote:
purpleandgold wrote:

Literally look at this:

A. The answer is yes."

You beat me to it. I was in the middle of writing about this Arthur guy. Does she think her folllowrs are stupid and can’t do a simple google search of just his name?? I also found this reply about his research [url]<a class="vglnk" href="<a class="vglnk" href="<a class="vglnk" href="https://www.atsjournals.org/doi/pdf/10. ... 1602-144LE[/url" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>atsjournals</span><span>.</span><span>org</span><span>/</span><span>doi</span><span>/</span><span>pdf</span><span>/</span><span>10</span><span>.</span><span>1513</span><span>/</span><span>AnnalsATS</span><span>.</span><span>201602</span><span>-</span><span>144LE</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>atsjournals</span><span>.</span><span>org</span><span>/</span><span>doi</span><span>/</span><span>pdf</span><span>/</span><span>10</span><span>.</span><span>1513</span><span>/</span><span>AnnalsATS</span><span>.</span><span>201602</span><span>-</span><span>144LE</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>atsjournals</span><span>.</span><span>org</span><span>/</span><span>doi</span><span>/</span><span>pdf</span><span>/</span><span>10</span><span>.</span><span>1513</span><span>/</span><span>AnnalsATS</span><span>.</span><span>201602</span><span>-</span><span>144LE</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>]

:hail: THANK YOU. I hadn't had time to research this guy but I figured he was a croc considering there are no scientific studies to back this up as of now. The letters MD don't automatically make someone correct and all knowing. Isn't she the ~t r u t h s e e k e r~ ?? This is seriously embarrassing to watch.

Also in regards to her ability to understand scientific literature. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't really know how to read or write scientific literature. Oftentimes you can make it through a BS degree in America with no ability to do so. Obviously it depends on the coursework you choose and if you pick research intensive classes and/or work with a prof/lab on research, but I have a feeling she hasn't gone down that route. I think she's sticking to reading her textbooks. She also touts online classes, which will likely be even less likely to incorporate that sort of research.
That's a really good point. In Canadian universities (as far as I'm aware), there's a huge emphasis on research methods and literacy, so I'm always interested in what's going on in the US schools and how they're different. Quite frankly, in this day and age you shouldn't be able to get a science degree without some involvement in the actual research process or proof of scientific literacy, but universities are just glorified businesses these days anyway... But especially your point about online classes, it really does sound like she's just memorizing some anatomy diagrams and regurgitating them into an online multiple-choice style exam. For someone who claims to have such higher interest in science, wants to do graduate science degrees, and continually touts this facade of being a truth-advocate for the people, you'd think she'd actually want to engage in research and real scientific learning. But either she doesn't know that actually exists, or she doesn't care. And then people take her word as bible anyway, because people are sheep.

Also lol'ed that her doctor is this super highly-sought-out ex-powerlifter public-speaker doctor who creates meal plans and supplement regimens for people. It would kill her to seek normal medical advice from a doctor who recognizes that the bodybuilding industry isn't healthy, she always has to treat it like she's some elite athlete who needs elite athlete-specific medical help.

FakinFakinFakin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FakinFakinFakin »

Omg she's now going through a "detox" y'all to rid her body of all the toxins from the implant.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

FakinFakinFakin wrote:Omg she's now going through a "detox" y'all to rid her body of all the toxins from the implant.
She needs to get off IG stories, because I swear she's posting something more embarrassing than the last thing every 5 min. Also her energy has magically returned. :roll: Couldn't possibly just be you feel better than the day of surgery.

greengoddess
Learner
Learner

Post by greengoddess »

You know what else gives you bloodshot eyes, the munchies/weight gain, and can make you lazy and have no energy? weed lol. the other month she posted something references marijuana and it definitely gave me the impression that she uses. It's not that far off since ppl in her circle seem to use it.

Anyway, if that is the case, I hope she stopped before she came to the breast implant conclusion. I'm sure having them out will probably make her feel better and lighter regardless. It will be interesting to see what the next couple of months have in store for her. She certainly is being very vocal and sure that this will almost solve all her problems.

Return to “Misc - Archived Threads”