Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post Reply
User avatar
HoardganizedJen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 10564
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 202 times
Been thanked: 2065 times

Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by HoardganizedJen » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:48 pm

Continue here!

User avatar
byebeach
Informer
Informer
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:51 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by byebeach » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:56 pm

Love the new title. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cloudwatcher
Learner
Learner
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:39 am
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by cloudwatcher » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:11 pm

Love the thread name :rofl:

wildnblue
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:40 pm
Has thanked: 384 times
Been thanked: 233 times

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by wildnblue » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:48 pm

Damn you went there with the thread title lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildnblue
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:40 pm
Has thanked: 384 times
Been thanked: 233 times

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by wildnblue » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:54 pm

God, she is so damn desperate to pin her weight gain on EVERYTHING else but herself. It’s not your implants, genius, it’s because you were eating like an asshole.

Like her, I dieted for a really long time and I didn’t even get scary lean, but because I dieted for SO long, my eating habits were jacked up. I’ve gained 25 lbs in the last year and a half. And I swore to God that I was eating under calories, ESPECIALLY because I had started crossfit and had never worked out that intensely before so surely my calories out were greater than my calories in. I kept saying i was in a caloric deficit but i couldn’t lose a single pound. So after blaming everything from my thyroid to my cortisol etc etc, i decided to wear a heart rate monitor, track exactly how much i was burning, and ate freely for a week, following a similar diet that I’d been on for the past several months. Turns out, my workouts may feel intense, but it only feels like I’m burning a shit ton of calories because it’s hot AF in the south, and the random cheat days I’d throw in throughout the week were severely throwing my calories off.
I decided to track my calories very carefully and track my activity as well, and I’m FINALLY losing weight.
So no, Em, you’re not sick from your implants, you’re just stupid and in denial and eating like a fucking asshole.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
gapeach
Informer
Informer
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:37 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by gapeach » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:20 am

wildnblue wrote:hout the week were severely throwing my calories off.
wildnblue wrote:God, she is so damn desperate to pin her weight gain on EVERYTHING else but herself. It’s not your implants, genius, it’s because you were eating like an asshole.

Like her, I dieted for a really long time and I didn’t even get scary lean, but because I dieted for SO long, my eating habits were jacked up. I’ve gained 25 lbs in the last year and a half. And I swore to God that I was eating under calories, ESPECIALLY because I had started crossfit and had never worked out that intensely before so surely my calories out were greater than my calories in. I kept saying i was in a caloric deficit but i couldn’t lose a single pound. So after blaming everything from my thyroid to my cortisol etc etc, i decided to wear a heart rate monitor, track exactly how much i was burning, and ate freely for a week, following a similar diet that I’d been on for the past several months. Turns out, my workouts may feel intense, but it only feels like I’m burning a shit ton of calories because it’s hot AF in the south, and the random cheat days I’d throw in throughout the week were severely throwing my calories off.
I decided to track my calories very carefully and track my activity as well, and I’m FINALLY losing weight.
So no, Em, you’re not sick from your implants, you’re just stupid and in denial and eating like a fucking asshole.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we are the same!!! i thought i was burning waaay more than I actually was. My dumbass was starting to google "metobolic damage" while stuffing my face with white popcorn cmon'. Em probably is blaming it on that because the boobs were so botched

wildnblue
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:40 pm
Has thanked: 384 times
Been thanked: 233 times

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by wildnblue » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:30 am

gapeach wrote:
wildnblue wrote:hout the week were severely throwing my calories off.
wildnblue wrote:God, she is so damn desperate to pin her weight gain on EVERYTHING else but herself. It’s not your implants, genius, it’s because you were eating like an asshole.

Like her, I dieted for a really long time and I didn’t even get scary lean, but because I dieted for SO long, my eating habits were jacked up. I’ve gained 25 lbs in the last year and a half. And I swore to God that I was eating under calories, ESPECIALLY because I had started crossfit and had never worked out that intensely before so surely my calories out were greater than my calories in. I kept saying i was in a caloric deficit but i couldn’t lose a single pound. So after blaming everything from my thyroid to my cortisol etc etc, i decided to wear a heart rate monitor, track exactly how much i was burning, and ate freely for a week, following a similar diet that I’d been on for the past several months. Turns out, my workouts may feel intense, but it only feels like I’m burning a shit ton of calories because it’s hot AF in the south, and the random cheat days I’d throw in throughout the week were severely throwing my calories off.
I decided to track my calories very carefully and track my activity as well, and I’m FINALLY losing weight.
So no, Em, you’re not sick from your implants, you’re just stupid and in denial and eating like a fucking asshole.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we are the same!!! i thought i was burning waaay more than I actually was. My dumbass was starting to google "metobolic damage" while stuffing my face with white popcorn cmon'. Em probably is blaming it on that because the boobs were so botched
Yes! Omg I threw around metabolic damage like none other, I can’t tell you how many times I said that. It’s all horseshit. I was so focused on the days that I did eat “well” that I lost sight of the days that I ate like crap, and when my husband and I did cheat days, man we did some damage. No wonder I gained weight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mostlyopaque
Talker
Talker
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:10 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by mostlyopaque » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:45 am

wildnblue wrote:
gapeach wrote:
wildnblue wrote:hout the week were severely throwing my calories off.
wildnblue wrote:God, she is so damn desperate to pin her weight gain on EVERYTHING else but herself. It’s not your implants, genius, it’s because you were eating like an asshole.

Like her, I dieted for a really long time and I didn’t even get scary lean, but because I dieted for SO long, my eating habits were jacked up. I’ve gained 25 lbs in the last year and a half. And I swore to God that I was eating under calories, ESPECIALLY because I had started crossfit and had never worked out that intensely before so surely my calories out were greater than my calories in. I kept saying i was in a caloric deficit but i couldn’t lose a single pound. So after blaming everything from my thyroid to my cortisol etc etc, i decided to wear a heart rate monitor, track exactly how much i was burning, and ate freely for a week, following a similar diet that I’d been on for the past several months. Turns out, my workouts may feel intense, but it only feels like I’m burning a shit ton of calories because it’s hot AF in the south, and the random cheat days I’d throw in throughout the week were severely throwing my calories off.
I decided to track my calories very carefully and track my activity as well, and I’m FINALLY losing weight.
So no, Em, you’re not sick from your implants, you’re just stupid and in denial and eating like a fucking asshole.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we are the same!!! i thought i was burning waaay more than I actually was. My dumbass was starting to google "metobolic damage" while stuffing my face with white popcorn cmon'. Em probably is blaming it on that because the boobs were so botched
Yes! Omg I threw around metabolic damage like none other, I can’t tell you how many times I said that. It’s all horseshit. I was so focused on the days that I did eat “well” that I lost sight of the days that I ate like crap, and when my husband and I did cheat days, man we did some damage. No wonder I gained weight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adding myself to this camp. Never got scary lean but years of extreme dieting fucked me up and I ended up gaining 25 lbs in a MONTH, all in my belly and arms. It took two years to finally start losing weight and I’m finally back to normal. I developed serious BED though and kept blaming hormones and reaching for every other reason rather than admit to myself that I was stuffing myself with shitty food. I’m so glad I can eat like a normal person again and am at a normal weight. I feel for you all :love2:

Online
FakinFakinFakin
Informer
Informer
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:59 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 108 times

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by FakinFakinFakin » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:14 am

mostlyopaque wrote:
wildnblue wrote:
gapeach wrote:
wildnblue wrote:hout the week were severely throwing my calories off.
wildnblue wrote:God, she is so damn desperate to pin her weight gain on EVERYTHING else but herself. It’s not your implants, genius, it’s because you were eating like an asshole.

Like her, I dieted for a really long time and I didn’t even get scary lean, but because I dieted for SO long, my eating habits were jacked up. I’ve gained 25 lbs in the last year and a half. And I swore to God that I was eating under calories, ESPECIALLY because I had started crossfit and had never worked out that intensely before so surely my calories out were greater than my calories in. I kept saying i was in a caloric deficit but i couldn’t lose a single pound. So after blaming everything from my thyroid to my cortisol etc etc, i decided to wear a heart rate monitor, track exactly how much i was burning, and ate freely for a week, following a similar diet that I’d been on for the past several months. Turns out, my workouts may feel intense, but it only feels like I’m burning a shit ton of calories because it’s hot AF in the south, and the random cheat days I’d throw in throughout the week were severely throwing my calories off.
I decided to track my calories very carefully and track my activity as well, and I’m FINALLY losing weight.
So no, Em, you’re not sick from your implants, you’re just stupid and in denial and eating like a fucking asshole.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we are the same!!! i thought i was burning waaay more than I actually was. My dumbass was starting to google "metobolic damage" while stuffing my face with white popcorn cmon'. Em probably is blaming it on that because the boobs were so botched
Yes! Omg I threw around metabolic damage like none other, I can’t tell you how many times I said that. It’s all horseshit. I was so focused on the days that I did eat “well” that I lost sight of the days that I ate like crap, and when my husband and I did cheat days, man we did some damage. No wonder I gained weight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adding myself to this camp. Never got scary lean but years of extreme dieting fucked me up and I ended up gaining 25 lbs in a MONTH, all in my belly and arms. It took two years to finally start losing weight and I’m finally back to normal. I developed serious BED though and kept blaming hormones and reaching for every other reason rather than admit to myself that I was stuffing myself with shitty food. I’m so glad I can eat like a normal person again and am at a normal weight. I feel for you all :love2:
Yep, I was was very lean at one point, counted all my food, ate weird frakenfood combinations, was determined to be lean like Em and was literally starving my body. I'm not a naturally lean person, my body is naturally curvy and with thick thighs and hips and I was fighting my body type to have that "lean fitspo body." Well eventually I decided I wanted to "bulk" and I also started dating a guy a foot taller than me who played a professional sport and I naturally started eating as much as he did and was confused why I was gaining so much weight over night.

I'm just starting to heal my body from this disordered eating influenced by people like Em that were promoting this as healthy and goals. Which is why I think it's so funny that she's blaming this all on her boobs because this is the same story so many other girls who restricted for so long

nursekatie
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:09 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by nursekatie » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:22 am

I’m actually so annoyed at her for blaming her issues on her implants. I’m just over here waiting for the weight to NOT come off and then see what she has to say... also that frickin comparison of her eyes pre and post surgery. Like yeah right they’re gonna respond that quickly. I also just don’t believe her BS about always having bloodshot eyes. They always look normal to me.

Angelsrest8
Learner
Learner
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:51 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by Angelsrest8 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:26 am

Her eyes are already white instead of being bloodshot as she is claiming in her recent IG stories… it cannot be the lack of contacts or more rest, but only the fact that she hasn't had breast implants for one freakin day… She is acting as if this one day has already changed her whole body, immune System and hormonal imbalances. She is being so ridiculous

User avatar
Sobinski
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 670
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by Sobinski » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:45 am

Angelsrest8 wrote:Her eyes are already white instead of being bloodshot as she is claiming in her recent IG stories… it cannot be the lack of contacts or more rest, but only the fact that she hasn't had breast implants for one freakin day… She is acting as if this one day has already changed her whole body, immune System and hormonal imbalances. She is being so ridiculous
I literally laughed out loud when I saw that. What a complete idiot. Doesn't she study science? How can she be so obtuse.

dontmakememakeyou
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 805
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:25 am
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by dontmakememakeyou » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:17 am

Holy shit she is citing "research" by arthur brawer I L I T E R A L L Y C A N N O T RIGHT NOW. This guy has literally been deemed an unreliable witness in MULTIPLE cases over the years in his attempt to defend these breast implant illness people. SHE'S TALKING ABOUT MINIMIZING BIAS AND IS LITERALLY CITING A FRAUD.

Literally look at this:

"Q. Doctor, if a patient presented to you with green hair and claimed that her green hair was attributable to her silicone breast implants, unless you could find another explanation for that green hair, you’d put that on your list of signs and symptoms; right?

A. The answer is yes."

(Notes of Testimony of Arthur E. Brawer, at 465:7-12, in Merlin v. 3M Co., No. CV-N-95-696-HDM (D. Nev.Dec. 11, 1995) (Transcript of Rule 702 hearing))

Like, sorry, but does that sound like empiricism to you? Because I'm quite confident that's not how science and evidence work, and I've only been in the field for a few years now. And I'm not a doctor.

He has been found to give toxicology opinions with NO data, and his reports have literally been deemed "so lacking of scientific methods and principles" by courts and judges.

I am genuinely floored. Can this girl not READ??? She talks endlessly about doing her own research but she won't even do a simple google search of the guy she's claiming to be the unbiased king of evidence??? When the guy is repeatedly dismissed in court rooms because his evidence is non-existent??? I am floored. Just when I think she can't possibly surprise me again, she does a goddamn backflip.

purpleandgold
Learner
Learner
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 1:16 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by purpleandgold » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:36 am

dontmakememakeyou wrote:Holy shit she is citing "research" by arthur brawer I L I T E R A L L Y C A N N O T RIGHT NOW. This guy has literally been deemed an unreliable witness in MULTIPLE cases over the years in his attempt to defend these breast implant illness people. SHE'S TALKING ABOUT MINIMIZING BIAS AND IS LITERALLY CITING A FRAUD.

Literally look at this:

"Q. Doctor, if a patient presented to you with green hair and claimed that her green hair was attributable to her silicone breast implants, unless you could find another explanation for that green hair, you’d put that on your list of signs and symptoms; right?

A. The answer is yes."

(Notes of Testimony of Arthur E. Brawer, at 465:7-12, in Merlin v. 3M Co., No. CV-N-95-696-HDM (D. Nev.Dec. 11, 1995) (Transcript of Rule 702 hearing))

Like, sorry, but does that sound like empiricism to you? Because I'm quite confident that's not how science and evidence work, and I've only been in the field for a few years now. And I'm not a doctor.

He has been found to give toxicology opinions with NO data, and his reports have literally been deemed "so lacking of scientific methods and principles" by courts and judges.

I am genuinely floored. Can this girl not READ??? She talks endlessly about doing her own research but she won't even do a simple google search of the guy she's claiming to be the unbiased king of evidence??? When the guy is repeatedly dismissed in court rooms because his evidence is non-existent??? I am floored. Just when I think she can't possibly surprise me again, she does a goddamn backflip.

You beat me to it. I was in the middle of writing about this Arthur guy. Does she think her folllowrs are stupid and can’t do a simple google search of just his name?? I also found this reply about his research https://www.atsjournals.org/doi/pdf/10. ... 1602-144LE

Basically they did follow up on his “research” and found that a lot of his findings where negated.

dontmakememakeyou
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 805
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:25 am
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by dontmakememakeyou » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:49 am

purpleandgold wrote:
dontmakememakeyou wrote:Holy shit she is citing "research" by arthur brawer I L I T E R A L L Y C A N N O T RIGHT NOW. This guy has literally been deemed an unreliable witness in MULTIPLE cases over the years in his attempt to defend these breast implant illness people. SHE'S TALKING ABOUT MINIMIZING BIAS AND IS LITERALLY CITING A FRAUD.

Literally look at this:

"Q. Doctor, if a patient presented to you with green hair and claimed that her green hair was attributable to her silicone breast implants, unless you could find another explanation for that green hair, you’d put that on your list of signs and symptoms; right?

A. The answer is yes."

(Notes of Testimony of Arthur E. Brawer, at 465:7-12, in Merlin v. 3M Co., No. CV-N-95-696-HDM (D. Nev.Dec. 11, 1995) (Transcript of Rule 702 hearing))

Like, sorry, but does that sound like empiricism to you? Because I'm quite confident that's not how science and evidence work, and I've only been in the field for a few years now. And I'm not a doctor.

He has been found to give toxicology opinions with NO data, and his reports have literally been deemed "so lacking of scientific methods and principles" by courts and judges.

I am genuinely floored. Can this girl not READ??? She talks endlessly about doing her own research but she won't even do a simple google search of the guy she's claiming to be the unbiased king of evidence??? When the guy is repeatedly dismissed in court rooms because his evidence is non-existent??? I am floored. Just when I think she can't possibly surprise me again, she does a goddamn backflip.

You beat me to it. I was in the middle of writing about this Arthur guy. Does she think her folllowrs are stupid and can’t do a simple google search of just his name?? I also found this reply about his research [url]<a class="vglnk" href="https://www.atsjournals.org/doi/pdf/10. ... 1602-144LE[/url" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>atsjournals</span><span>.</span><span>org</span><span>/</span><span>doi</span><span>/</span><span>pdf</span><span>/</span><span>10</span><span>.</span><span>1513</span><span>/</span><span>AnnalsATS</span><span>.</span><span>201602</span><span>-</span><span>144LE</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>]

Basically they did follow up on his “research” and found that a lot of his findings where negated.
He's just another narcissist with a handful of degrees and a book deal. They're a dime-a-dozen. I'm genuinely floored that she thinks this is how to defend the cause for unbiased science, which is genuinely pissing me off more than the shit about her "illness" etc.

Honestly, I think at this point it's her school(s) that's failing her and not her fault that she knows zilch about the scientific method or scientific literacy. She always makes the elementary school argument about not trusting research funded by the guys who promote the product, but like, I can't even think of a time where research like that has been published in a reputable peer-reviewed journal in the last 10 years (maybe more). That's the most basic, obvious thing ever. Not to mention you can easily just write a sentence saying that your project wasn't funded by x company or x person. Literally no one is going to be like "this research on Drug A was funded by The Makers of Drug A!"

If there isn't even a blind statistician, the paper will be disregarded... it will probably be disregarded without a minimum double-blind, randomized control, well-matched series of trials. She should know this by now, if she's about to start her last semester in a science degree, she should have taken at least one semester of statistics and one semester of research methods by now. I honestly think her education has failed her, or she failed her education. I'm a HUGE advocate for scientific literacy (particularly regarding science in the media) and I honestly think it should be taught in high schools, not just universities, so seeing her spread this shit without doing a drop of actual critical thinking and being revered by however many followers taking her word as law (or science, rather) makes my blood boil.

It also absolutely grinds my gears that she didn't even CITE the paper, she just put screenshots filled with virtually unintelligible scientific jargon that will overwhelm her viewers. None of them are reading that, much less understanding it, they just think it's impressive looking and will take it at the face value that she gives it. Especially on a platform like instagram, none of them are going to stop and actually read the tiny font on the tiny square on the tiny phone screen. I have absolutely no way to find the paper, much less the references cited in it, and I'm actually committed to reading it AND have access to numerous academic libraries. So you can imagine how little effort her viewers are actually going to put into it, most of them won't even have access to the primary literature even if they wanted to try and read it themselves. In what world is it okay to not even CITE the damn paper? This is why I think her education is a farce, honestly.

Online
User avatar
treelee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 3559
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 331 times
Been thanked: 947 times

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by treelee » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:02 am

dontmakememakeyou wrote:
purpleandgold wrote:
dontmakememakeyou wrote:Holy shit she is citing "research" by arthur brawer I L I T E R A L L Y C A N N O T RIGHT NOW. This guy has literally been deemed an unreliable witness in MULTIPLE cases over the years in his attempt to defend these breast implant illness people. SHE'S TALKING ABOUT MINIMIZING BIAS AND IS LITERALLY CITING A FRAUD.

Literally look at this:

"Q. Doctor, if a patient presented to you with green hair and claimed that her green hair was attributable to her silicone breast implants, unless you could find another explanation for that green hair, you’d put that on your list of signs and symptoms; right?

A. The answer is yes."

(Notes of Testimony of Arthur E. Brawer, at 465:7-12, in Merlin v. 3M Co., No. CV-N-95-696-HDM (D. Nev.Dec. 11, 1995) (Transcript of Rule 702 hearing))

Like, sorry, but does that sound like empiricism to you? Because I'm quite confident that's not how science and evidence work, and I've only been in the field for a few years now. And I'm not a doctor.

He has been found to give toxicology opinions with NO data, and his reports have literally been deemed "so lacking of scientific methods and principles" by courts and judges.

I am genuinely floored. Can this girl not READ??? She talks endlessly about doing her own research but she won't even do a simple google search of the guy she's claiming to be the unbiased king of evidence??? When the guy is repeatedly dismissed in court rooms because his evidence is non-existent??? I am floored. Just when I think she can't possibly surprise me again, she does a goddamn backflip.

You beat me to it. I was in the middle of writing about this Arthur guy. Does she think her folllowrs are stupid and can’t do a simple google search of just his name?? I also found this reply about his research [url]<a class="vglnk" href="<a class="vglnk" href="https://www.atsjournals.org/doi/pdf/10. ... 1602-144LE[/url" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>atsjournals</span><span>.</span><span>org</span><span>/</span><span>doi</span><span>/</span><span>pdf</span><span>/</span><span>10</span><span>.</span><span>1513</span><span>/</span><span>AnnalsATS</span><span>.</span><span>201602</span><span>-</span><span>144LE</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>atsjournals</span><span>.</span><span>org</span><span>/</span><span>doi</span><span>/</span><span>pdf</span><span>/</span><span>10</span><span>.</span><span>1513</span><span>/</span><span>AnnalsATS</span><span>.</span><span>201602</span><span>-</span><span>144LE</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>]

Basically they did follow up on his “research” and found that a lot of his findings where negated.
He's just another narcissist with a handful of degrees and a book deal. They're a dime-a-dozen. I'm genuinely floored that she thinks this is how to defend the cause for unbiased science, which is genuinely pissing me off more than the shit about her "illness" etc.

Honestly, I think at this point it's her school(s) that's failing her and not her fault that she knows zilch about the scientific method or scientific literacy. She always makes the elementary school argument about not trusting research funded by the guys who promote the product, but like, I can't even think of a time where research like that has been published in a reputable peer-reviewed journal in the last 10 years (maybe more). That's the most basic, obvious thing ever. Not to mention you can easily just write a sentence saying that your project wasn't funded by x company or x person. Literally no one is going to be like "this research on Drug A was funded by The Makers of Drug A!"

If there isn't even a blind statistician, the paper will be disregarded... it will probably be disregarded without a minimum double-blind, randomized control, well-matched series of trials. She should know this by now, if she's about to start her last semester in a science degree, she should have taken at least one semester of statistics and one semester of research methods by now. I honestly think her education has failed her, or she failed her education. I'm a HUGE advocate for scientific literacy (particularly regarding science in the media) and I honestly think it should be taught in high schools, not just universities, so seeing her spread this shit without doing a drop of actual critical thinking and being revered by however many followers taking her word as law (or science, rather) makes my blood boil.

It also absolutely grinds my gears that she didn't even CITE the paper, she just put screenshots filled with virtually unintelligible scientific jargon that will overwhelm her viewers. None of them are reading that, much less understanding it, they just think it's impressive looking and will take it at the face value that she gives it. Especially on a platform like instagram, none of them are going to stop and actually read the tiny font on the tiny square on the tiny phone screen. I have absolutely no way to find the paper, much less the references cited in it, and I'm actually committed to reading it AND have access to numerous academic libraries. So you can imagine how little effort her viewers are actually going to put into it, most of them won't even have access to the primary literature even if they wanted to try and read it themselves. In what world is it okay to not even CITE the damn paper? This is why I think her education is a farce, honestly.
:hail: THANK YOU. I hadn't had time to research this guy but I figured he was a croc considering there are no scientific studies to back this up as of now. The letters MD don't automatically make someone correct and all knowing. Isn't she the ~t r u t h s e e k e r~ ?? This is seriously embarrassing to watch.

Also in regards to her ability to understand scientific literature. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't really know how to read or write scientific literature. Oftentimes you can make it through a BS degree in America with no ability to do so. Obviously it depends on the coursework you choose and if you pick research intensive classes and/or work with a prof/lab on research, but I have a feeling she hasn't gone down that route. I think she's sticking to reading her textbooks. She also touts online classes, which will likely be even less likely to incorporate that sort of research.

saygopom756
Learner
Learner
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by saygopom756 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:13 am

And now she's posting articles by a doctor (LOOK EVERYONE A DOCTOR WROTE THIS AND DOCTORS ARE SUPER SMART AND THEREFORE I AM RIGHT) to corroborate her claim that she has bii...girl if you were so confident in your diagnosis of your self why do you feel the need to continuously defend it? furthermore, while the doctor she's referencing seems pretty knowledgeable and graduated from reputable schools, one doctor's words are NOT ENOUGH to corroborate ANY scientific findings...which is why we have the current system of research we do now and why we need the system of peer review. For someone who touts her love of science so much she has no idea how academia works. an idiot.

dontmakememakeyou
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 805
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:25 am
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by dontmakememakeyou » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:17 am

treelee wrote:
dontmakememakeyou wrote:
purpleandgold wrote:
dontmakememakeyou wrote:Holy shit she is citing "research" by arthur brawer I L I T E R A L L Y C A N N O T RIGHT NOW. This guy has literally been deemed an unreliable witness in MULTIPLE cases over the years in his attempt to defend these breast implant illness people. SHE'S TALKING ABOUT MINIMIZING BIAS AND IS LITERALLY CITING A FRAUD.

Literally look at this:

"Q. Doctor, if a patient presented to you with green hair and claimed that her green hair was attributable to her silicone breast implants, unless you could find another explanation for that green hair, you’d put that on your list of signs and symptoms; right?

A. The answer is yes."

(Notes of Testimony of Arthur E. Brawer, at 465:7-12, in Merlin v. 3M Co., No. CV-N-95-696-HDM (D. Nev.Dec. 11, 1995) (Transcript of Rule 702 hearing))

Like, sorry, but does that sound like empiricism to you? Because I'm quite confident that's not how science and evidence work, and I've only been in the field for a few years now. And I'm not a doctor.

He has been found to give toxicology opinions with NO data, and his reports have literally been deemed "so lacking of scientific methods and principles" by courts and judges.

I am genuinely floored. Can this girl not READ??? She talks endlessly about doing her own research but she won't even do a simple google search of the guy she's claiming to be the unbiased king of evidence??? When the guy is repeatedly dismissed in court rooms because his evidence is non-existent??? I am floored. Just when I think she can't possibly surprise me again, she does a goddamn backflip.

You beat me to it. I was in the middle of writing about this Arthur guy. Does she think her folllowrs are stupid and can’t do a simple google search of just his name?? I also found this reply about his research [url]<a class="vglnk" href="<a class="vglnk" href="<a class="vglnk" href="https://www.atsjournals.org/doi/pdf/10. ... 1602-144LE[/url" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>atsjournals</span><span>.</span><span>org</span><span>/</span><span>doi</span><span>/</span><span>pdf</span><span>/</span><span>10</span><span>.</span><span>1513</span><span>/</span><span>AnnalsATS</span><span>.</span><span>201602</span><span>-</span><span>144LE</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>atsjournals</span><span>.</span><span>org</span><span>/</span><span>doi</span><span>/</span><span>pdf</span><span>/</span><span>10</span><span>.</span><span>1513</span><span>/</span><span>AnnalsATS</span><span>.</span><span>201602</span><span>-</span><span>144LE</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>atsjournals</span><span>.</span><span>org</span><span>/</span><span>doi</span><span>/</span><span>pdf</span><span>/</span><span>10</span><span>.</span><span>1513</span><span>/</span><span>AnnalsATS</span><span>.</span><span>201602</span><span>-</span><span>144LE</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>]

Basically they did follow up on his “research” and found that a lot of his findings where negated.
He's just another narcissist with a handful of degrees and a book deal. They're a dime-a-dozen. I'm genuinely floored that she thinks this is how to defend the cause for unbiased science, which is genuinely pissing me off more than the shit about her "illness" etc.

Honestly, I think at this point it's her school(s) that's failing her and not her fault that she knows zilch about the scientific method or scientific literacy. She always makes the elementary school argument about not trusting research funded by the guys who promote the product, but like, I can't even think of a time where research like that has been published in a reputable peer-reviewed journal in the last 10 years (maybe more). That's the most basic, obvious thing ever. Not to mention you can easily just write a sentence saying that your project wasn't funded by x company or x person. Literally no one is going to be like "this research on Drug A was funded by The Makers of Drug A!"

If there isn't even a blind statistician, the paper will be disregarded... it will probably be disregarded without a minimum double-blind, randomized control, well-matched series of trials. She should know this by now, if she's about to start her last semester in a science degree, she should have taken at least one semester of statistics and one semester of research methods by now. I honestly think her education has failed her, or she failed her education. I'm a HUGE advocate for scientific literacy (particularly regarding science in the media) and I honestly think it should be taught in high schools, not just universities, so seeing her spread this shit without doing a drop of actual critical thinking and being revered by however many followers taking her word as law (or science, rather) makes my blood boil.

It also absolutely grinds my gears that she didn't even CITE the paper, she just put screenshots filled with virtually unintelligible scientific jargon that will overwhelm her viewers. None of them are reading that, much less understanding it, they just think it's impressive looking and will take it at the face value that she gives it. Especially on a platform like instagram, none of them are going to stop and actually read the tiny font on the tiny square on the tiny phone screen. I have absolutely no way to find the paper, much less the references cited in it, and I'm actually committed to reading it AND have access to numerous academic libraries. So you can imagine how little effort her viewers are actually going to put into it, most of them won't even have access to the primary literature even if they wanted to try and read it themselves. In what world is it okay to not even CITE the damn paper? This is why I think her education is a farce, honestly.
:hail: THANK YOU. I hadn't had time to research this guy but I figured he was a croc considering there are no scientific studies to back this up as of now. The letters MD don't automatically make someone correct and all knowing. Isn't she the ~t r u t h s e e k e r~ ?? This is seriously embarrassing to watch.

Also in regards to her ability to understand scientific literature. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't really know how to read or write scientific literature. Oftentimes you can make it through a BS degree in America with no ability to do so. Obviously it depends on the coursework you choose and if you pick research intensive classes and/or work with a prof/lab on research, but I have a feeling she hasn't gone down that route. I think she's sticking to reading her textbooks. She also touts online classes, which will likely be even less likely to incorporate that sort of research.
That's a really good point. In Canadian universities (as far as I'm aware), there's a huge emphasis on research methods and literacy, so I'm always interested in what's going on in the US schools and how they're different. Quite frankly, in this day and age you shouldn't be able to get a science degree without some involvement in the actual research process or proof of scientific literacy, but universities are just glorified businesses these days anyway... But especially your point about online classes, it really does sound like she's just memorizing some anatomy diagrams and regurgitating them into an online multiple-choice style exam. For someone who claims to have such higher interest in science, wants to do graduate science degrees, and continually touts this facade of being a truth-advocate for the people, you'd think she'd actually want to engage in research and real scientific learning. But either she doesn't know that actually exists, or she doesn't care. And then people take her word as bible anyway, because people are sheep.

Also lol'ed that her doctor is this super highly-sought-out ex-powerlifter public-speaker doctor who creates meal plans and supplement regimens for people. It would kill her to seek normal medical advice from a doctor who recognizes that the bodybuilding industry isn't healthy, she always has to treat it like she's some elite athlete who needs elite athlete-specific medical help.

Online
FakinFakinFakin
Informer
Informer
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:59 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 108 times

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by FakinFakinFakin » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:12 am

Omg she's now going through a "detox" y'all to rid her body of all the toxins from the implant.

Online
User avatar
treelee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 3559
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 331 times
Been thanked: 947 times

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by treelee » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:25 am

FakinFakinFakin wrote:Omg she's now going through a "detox" y'all to rid her body of all the toxins from the implant.
She needs to get off IG stories, because I swear she's posting something more embarrassing than the last thing every 5 min. Also her energy has magically returned. :roll: Couldn't possibly just be you feel better than the day of surgery.

greengoddess
Learner
Learner
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:32 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by greengoddess » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:57 am

You know what else gives you bloodshot eyes, the munchies/weight gain, and can make you lazy and have no energy? weed lol. the other month she posted something references marijuana and it definitely gave me the impression that she uses. It's not that far off since ppl in her circle seem to use it.

Anyway, if that is the case, I hope she stopped before she came to the breast implant conclusion. I'm sure having them out will probably make her feel better and lighter regardless. It will be interesting to see what the next couple of months have in store for her. She certainly is being very vocal and sure that this will almost solve all her problems.

softkitty7
Wanderer
Wanderer
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:16 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by softkitty7 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:21 pm

she is insufferable already. and per her stories, already thinking about competing. JFC you'd think she would have learned her lesson :?

wilmadawn
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 698
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:39 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by wilmadawn » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:39 pm

greengoddess wrote:You know what else gives you bloodshot eyes, the munchies/weight gain, and can make you lazy and have no energy? weed lol. the other month she posted something references marijuana and it definitely gave me the impression that she uses. It's not that far off since ppl in her circle seem to use it.

Anyway, if that is the case, I hope she stopped before she came to the breast implant conclusion. I'm sure having them out will probably make her feel better and lighter regardless. It will be interesting to see what the next couple of months have in store for her. She certainly is being very vocal and sure that this will almost solve all her problems.
im curious too. she's soooo sure that her boobs were causing all of these problems. Why not wait until you look better to make all these claims? anyone can claim to feel better, have more energy but lets see what her weight does. i wonder if shes going to go on some cut to make her claims even more valid.

User avatar
Sabrina von Saffron
Informer
Informer
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:40 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by Sabrina von Saffron » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:41 pm

It does seem really brash and unwise to be putting ALL of this out there publically and trying to showcase anecdotal evidence on her own body ("hey I think my eyes look less bloodshot!") less than 36 HOURS after getting explant surgery... like wilmadawn said, why not wait even a MONTH OR TWO before making all of these bold-ass claims? Even if she was 100% right and her implants were causing autoimmune issues, posting this stuff less than a week after surgery is bound to make it seem like shit is totally in your head.

Some of it is, I'm sure, sincerely-felt confirmation bias -- I think she really is desperate to believe she's "fixed" all her problems this way -- but it also does feel, at this point, like she's trying really hard to capitalize on the BII "trend" and draw in followers/traffic with this whole overblown saga. She "came out" about this stuff, what, three days ago? I'm sure her engagement is soaring right now and continuing to post what she sees as compelling, victorious updates will keep her riding the wave for a few weeks at least.

User avatar
Vodkab4noon
Informer
Informer
Posts: 409
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:28 am
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: Em_Chunk - Breast Implant Survivor - Part 2

Post by Vodkab4noon » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:36 pm

Sabrina von Saffron wrote:It does seem really brash and unwise to be putting ALL of this out there publically and trying to showcase anecdotal evidence on her own body ("hey I think my eyes look less bloodshot!") less than 36 HOURS after getting explant surgery... like wilmadawn said, why not wait even a MONTH OR TWO before making all of these bold-ass claims? Even if she was 100% right and her implants were causing autoimmune issues, posting this stuff less than a week after surgery is bound to make it seem like shit is totally in your head.

Some of it is, I'm sure, sincerely-felt confirmation bias -- I think she really is desperate to believe she's "fixed" all her problems this way -- but it also does feel, at this point, like she's trying really hard to capitalize on the BII "trend" and draw in followers/traffic with this whole overblown saga. She "came out" about this stuff, what, three days ago? I'm sure her engagement is soaring right now and continuing to post what she sees as compelling, victorious updates will keep her riding the wave for a few weeks at least.
Yup to all of this. I hope karma bites her non-existent ass.

Post Reply

Return to “Fitness Influencers”