Hope "Many Faces" Scope - Part 1

curleecrimp
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hope "Many Faces" Scope - Part 1

Post by curleecrimp »

I noticed Whit liked a bunch of Hope’s old IG posts but doesn’t even follow Hope anymore. Apologies if this has been discussed previously, but does anyone know what happened with them?

jellybeanfiend
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Post by jellybeanfiend »

How shocking, Hope said absolutely nothing about knowing Whitney and basically said nothing negative about the collection. She's so worried about offending someone now. Whens the last time she has just straight up said "i dont like it" to anything? Not speaking on this collection personally, but as a consumer I don't want someone rationalizing the negatives about something. Just say I'll hate it and save me the money.

texasaggie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by texasaggie »

I haven’t watched it yet but how disappointing. I kinda feel like mentioning it and calling it out. Both the lack of negative reviews and the withholding of truth. I wonder if this has to do with being in the same church system or her not wanting backlash maybe from name dropping? Idk is just weird to me not even acknowledging the fact that she once knew her...

jellybeanfiend
Debater
Debater

Post by jellybeanfiend »

texasaggie wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:53 am
I haven’t watched it yet but how disappointing. I kinda feel like mentioning it and calling it out. Both the lack of negative reviews and the withholding of truth. I wonder if this has to do with being in the same church system or her not wanting backlash maybe from name dropping? Idk is just weird to me not even acknowledging the fact that she once knew her...
She'd probably say its not relevant, which maybe....but knowing her could also make her biased. Either way I don't think Hope would ever say anything blatantly negative because she wants Gymsharks PR and wants Whitney (and all other influencers) to like her.

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Healthyish85 »

what's the whole bit at the beginning about how she didn't want to do the video because of some people's comments and didn't want to upset anyone?? is it because she always hates gymshark stuff? EDITED: nvm, watched a bit longer and she explains because it's because it sold out so fast. boo effing hoo. this happens all the time with active wear collections. she never let that stop her before!

her videos are just soooo boring to me anymore. I used to love her a couple of years ago. and she really hasn't had any luck losing weight, has she? NOTTTTT that I think she is overweight at all, i just thought when i watched a video a couple months ago she was talking about wanting to lose weight and she looks exactly the same to me.

Cacti
Learner
Learner

Post by Cacti »

This might be an insensitive question but I keep wondering if she has a speech impediment, or if that's her accent? Like the way she says "shtretsh" or "drawshtring". Sorry, non-native English speaker, so not too aware of all the US American accents.

Solcool2
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Solcool2 »

Healthyish85 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:30 am
what's the whole bit at the beginning about how she didn't want to do the video because of some people's comments and didn't want to upset anyone?? is it because she always hates gymshark stuff? EDITED: nvm, watched a bit longer and she explains because it's because it sold out so fast. boo effing hoo. this happens all the time with active wear collections. she never let that stop her before!

her videos are just soooo boring to me anymore. I used to love her a couple of years ago. and she really hasn't had any luck losing weight, has she? NOTTTTT that I think she is overweight at all, i just thought when i watched a video a couple months ago she was talking about wanting to lose weight and she looks exactly the same to me.
She’s not overweight at all BUT I’m sick of her trying to squeeze her giant ass into xs/small stuff and size 4 lululemon. Girl wear your size no one cares if you’re not a small anymore!

curleecrimp
Debater
Debater

Post by curleecrimp »

Cacti wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:04 pm
This might be an insensitive question but I keep wondering if she has a speech impediment, or if that's her accent? Like the way she says "shtretsh" or "drawshtring". Sorry, non-native English speaker, so not too aware of all the US American accents.
I’ve also noticed she says description weird like “in the deshcription box below”

jellybeanfiend
Debater
Debater

Post by jellybeanfiend »

curleecrimp wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:42 pm
Cacti wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:04 pm
I’ve also noticed she says description weird like “in the deshcription box below”
I havent noticed what yall are saying but I do remember she used to say scrediption box instead of description box. I thought it was just a cutesy thing she did but then she stopped. Did she really not know the word? I kinda doubt it, but some of the stuff she says especially on ig really has my sitting there thinking ....please tell me this is a joke

ders
Informer
Informer

Post by ders »

I think the pronunciation is just her trying to be cute and quirky / copy Whitney Simmons acting like she invented saying stuff is fire or it’s a beautiful day to be alive. It’s all quite cringe but Hope’s tackiness makes it worse when she does it.

super awesome
Talker
Talker

Post by super awesome »

jellybeanfiend wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:45 am
How shocking, Hope said absolutely nothing about knowing Whitney and basically said nothing negative about the collection. She's so worried about offending someone now. Whens the last time she has just straight up said "i dont like it" to anything? Not speaking on this collection personally, but as a consumer I don't want someone rationalizing the negatives about something. Just say I'll hate it and save me the money.
Gymshark. She usually slags off Gymshark. Which started right around the time that she started sucking up to Heidi and getting their PR/pre-releases, funnily enough. Odd that she’s sliding into Gymshark’s DMs like a desperate rando now.

winterkat
Talker
Talker

Post by winterkat »

Solcool2 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:36 pm
Healthyish85 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:30 am

She’s not overweight at all BUT I’m sick of her trying to squeeze her giant ass into xs/small stuff and size 4 lululemon. Girl wear your size no one cares if you’re not a small anymore!
No kidding. Squeezing into smaller sizes actually makes her look bigger. The obsession all these fitspos have trying to wear xs/s is absolutely ridiculous.

curleecrimp
Debater
Debater

Post by curleecrimp »

Hope just posted some updated measurements to her IG story. These seem like they’re pretty accurate since I’m the same height and only 5 pounds heavier than what she listed (I’m 5’8” and 160 lbs). She said 28” waist, 34D, 40” hip, lulu size 6. She probs has more muscle than me and I have a 30” waist, 34DD, 42” hip so for a change, this seems pretty spot on for her. Idk about the lulu size 6 though...I personally have never bought leggings from lulu, but based on their sizing chart I’d be an 8. I could be wrong about that though.

Solcool2
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Solcool2 »

curleecrimp wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:30 pm
Hope just posted some updated measurements to her IG story. These seem like they’re pretty accurate since I’m the same height and only 5 pounds heavier than what she listed (I’m 5’8” and 160 lbs). She said 28” waist, 34D, 40” hip, lulu size 6. She probs has more muscle than me and I have a 30” waist, 34DD, 42” hip so for a change, this seems pretty spot on for her. Idk about the lulu size 6 though...I personally have never bought leggings from lulu, but based on their sizing chart I’d be an 8. I could be wrong about that though.
She likes her stuff really small, so I bet she does get a lulu 6, but should be an 8 so it would fit better/not be see through or squeezing her.

Forevergauc
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forevergauc »

You can TOTALLY downsize huge in lululemon.
I’m typically a 10 by their charts but I have bottoms that are 4/6 that fit perfectly.
That’s probably what she’s doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bop87
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bop87 »

Solcool2 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:48 pm
curleecrimp wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:30 pm
She likes her stuff really small, so I bet she does get a lulu 6, but should be an 8 so it would fit better/not be see through or squeezing her.
That’s an improvement, she usually says she’s a 4.

Bop87
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Hope

Post by Bop87 »

Forevergauc wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:12 pm
I’m typically a 10 by their charts but I have bottoms that are 4/6 that fit perfectly.

Really? I actually find the opposite to be true, I have a 25in waist and wear a 6 in lululemon. I could squeeze into a 4 but if I’m paying 90$ for leggings I don’t want the butt getting thin and ripping.

ders
Informer
Informer

Re: Hope

Post by ders »

Guest wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:15 pm
Bop87 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:04 pm
Forevergauc wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:12 pm

Really? I actually find the opposite to be true, I have a 25in waist and wear a 6 in lululemon. I could squeeze into a 4 but if I’m paying 90$ for leggings I don’t want the butt getting thin and ripping.
i'm guessing it depends on the fabric? I don't like as much compression as all these influencers do and am always baffled by how they can wear a 4 when I'm a 4 (and am shorter/petite) because I feel like my lady parts would suffocate (especially in luxtreme!).
Depends on material/style and how you are personally built. I was not blessed with a big rear end so it’s pretty easy for me to be in a 4 - which is my true pant size in all other brands but felt questionable when I first started buying. IMO, Lulu should start really tight as most of their performance materials stretch out and then drop/shift during workouts. Since Hope has a really tapered waistline I can believe 6 would feel better for her, esp if she likes compression.

curleecrimp
Debater
Debater

Post by curleecrimp »

Looks like Hope dyed her hair blonde again and got it cut/took her extensions out and I think it looks so much better!

Sheare
Debater
Debater

Post by Sheare »

curleecrimp wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:09 am
Looks like Hope dyed her hair blonde again and got it cut/took her extensions out and I think it looks so much better!
I love shoulder-length hair on other people (it would look like shit on me lol). I'm glad she went blonde again too because her eyes pop so much with that color.

Was it Hope's husband that said he doesn't like her hair short though? Or am I thinking of some other influencer?

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”