General Health & Fitness Chat - Part 3

good girl
Talker
Talker

Re: General Health & Fitness Chat - Part 3

Post by good girl » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:18 am

sharkbaait wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:32 pm
Have any of you tried meg squats strength programming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm subscribed to her stronger by thr day program.

All Hale To Kale
Debater
Debater

Post by All Hale To Kale » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:41 pm

Has anyone tried Massy Arias’ programs? If so, were they worth the money? She has a sick body even after a baby, but I don’t know if she has certifications or if her guides are worth purchasing. I’m trying to get rid of my mom pooch so any other good fitness guides pit out by certified trainers who are moms would be appreciated.

sharkbaait
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sharkbaait » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:55 pm

good girl wrote:
sharkbaait wrote:

I'm subscribed to her stronger by thr day program.
Can you message me about your experience ?:)

Triumvirate
Learner
Learner

Post by Triumvirate » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:39 am

Hey thank y’all for the run app and watch recommendations!!

The Wooorst
Learner
Learner

Post by The Wooorst » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:18 pm

sharkbaait wrote:

I've been on SBD since day 1 and I really love the program.

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:29 pm

Don't know if anyone here watches Love Island UK but the new guy Danny is a Gymshark model https://www.instagram.com/itsdannywilliams/

Knoximus
Learner
Learner

Post by Knoximus » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:07 pm

So I have a Nikki type of body - naturally square with practically no curves. I feel like she's always had a nice booty from the side but from behind it's blah, not rounded or full looking and mine is the same, ugh. I know it's partially genetics but what exercises do you guys recommend to really work the side butt?

good girl
Talker
Talker

Post by good girl » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:19 am

Has anyone had any experience with and/or idea about Leah Casciano's workout program for sale?

good girl
Talker
Talker

Post by good girl » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:37 am

Knoximus wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:07 pm
So I have a Nikki type of body - naturally square with practically no curves. I feel like she's always had a nice booty from the side but from behind it's blah, not rounded or full looking and mine is the same, ugh. I know it's partially genetics but what exercises do you guys recommend to really work the side butt?
Banded lateral walks give the best burn for me (choose a heavy band and go very slow, about 5secs/step, (focus on mind muscle connection)

Also doing more unilateral exercises helps

herroyalshyness
Learner
Learner

Post by herroyalshyness » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:38 pm

has anyone tried any of katie sonier's guides? i "accquired" her booty program 2.0 and it looks awesome

Julestielman
Informer
Informer

Post by Julestielman » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:47 pm

herroyalshyness wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:38 pm
has anyone tried any of katie sonier's guides? i "accquired" her booty program 2.0 and it looks awesome
She's strong as hell, so I bet her program is much better than most other generic booty guides.

herroyalshyness
Learner
Learner

Post by herroyalshyness » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:42 am

Julestielman wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:47 pm
herroyalshyness wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:38 pm
She's strong as hell, so I bet her program is much better than most other generic booty guides.
you are so right! i love how strong she is and her approach to strength training is very no-nonsense. but yeah the program is pretty much all supersets and a shit ton of hip thrust variations so very challenging and def not like the run of the mill booty guides

Von_Haute
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Von_Haute » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:52 am

Does anyone have any pointers/tips on how to do Cable Pull Throughs properly?
I’m doing this new training program, very different stuff than I was used to (powerlifting style) and even though I’m liking it so far, I still struggle with some exercises like hip thrusts and cable pull throughs. One of the days is glutes focused and I feel so stupid. I don't think I can engage the glutes, if that makes sense...
Sorry for what I say when I'm hungry.

Knoximus
Learner
Learner

Post by Knoximus » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:15 pm

good girl wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:37 am
Knoximus wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:07 pm
Banded lateral walks give the best burn for me (choose a heavy band and go very slow, about 5secs/step, (focus on mind muscle connection)

Also doing more unilateral exercises helps
Thank you very much!

sharkbaait
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sharkbaait » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:46 am

Okay so I realized I asked about meg squats recently but now I am realizing I need more functional workouts.
Any recommendations on those? I have considered natacha oceanes but unsure if anyone else has better options
Thanks!!

fritzness
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fritzness » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:43 pm

I'm not a super heavy lifter but working up to it. Do you think it's worth it to go ahead and snag a lifting belt now to help with keeping my form good and my back straight? I've never used one.

good girl
Talker
Talker

Post by good girl » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:58 pm

fritzness wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:43 pm
I'm not a super heavy lifter but working up to it. Do you think it's worth it to go ahead and snag a lifting belt now to help with keeping my form good and my back straight? I've never used one.
I'm no expert.. I think you should first practice and be comfortable with bracing and keeping your core tight before trying on a belt. Belts help with abdominal pressure and stability so you can lift heavier. But IMO it's nice to have decent core strength.

PrinceSarah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PrinceSarah » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:52 am

fritzness wrote:
I haven’t yet used a belt, even when hitting my PR, but I’ve worked right up over a year and I still do sets of big numbers at lighter weight to focus on form cause I have a weak back

FakinFakinFakin
Informer
Informer

Post by FakinFakinFakin » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:10 am

fritzness wrote:
It really depends, are you going to be predominantly strength focused going forward and focused on powerlifting? Then I say yes, I love my lifting belt and it was a great investment. If you are going to occasionally train towards strength but do more bodybuilding style workouts, no. I think it's important to figure out why you can't keep your back straight and why you're struggling on your form and then use your belt as a tool. I only use my belt on my top sets for this reason.

fritzness
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fritzness » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:12 am

FakinFakinFakin wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:10 am
fritzness wrote:
It really depends, are you going to be predominantly strength focused going forward and focused on powerlifting? Then I say yes, I love my lifting belt and it was a great investment. If you are going to occasionally train towards strength but do more bodybuilding style workouts, no. I think it's important to figure out why you can't keep your back straight and why you're struggling on your form and then use your belt as a tool. I only use my belt on my top sets for this reason.
Ok makes sense. I already have good form and keep my back straight, was just wondering if it was a good sort of supplement to what I'm already doing. Thanks.

Philomena
Talker
Talker

Post by Philomena » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:11 pm

Just rambling here because I have no idea where else to vent, but I've realized recently that I'm not attracted to, or want to have a serious relationship with the typical guy at the gym. There is something to that "gym bro" stereotype... most guys I meet at the gym are BOOORING. Their lives and only hobbies revolves around either picking up chicks and/or desperately trying to snag a GF, and bodybuilding. Like, typical meatheads. I would love to find someone who enjoys fitness, but has other things going on in their lives.

treelee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by treelee » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:27 pm

^as long as you aren’t super attached to the meathead bro body type, I think you’ll find quite a few guys who have careers and interests outside of the gym but make it to the gym regularly. For example I work in tech and I regularly see coworkers and my bfs (also in tech) coworkers at the gym doing all the bro-y workouts. Sure they might not be putting a bajillion plates on everything or look like a typical gym bro but they value health and wellness enough to be consistent. And I know they have plenty else going on outside the gym most of the time.

Zomgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Zomgirl » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:42 am

I've dated a couple "gym bros" and all of them have insane inadequacy/insecurity issues. No thanks.

FakinFakinFakin
Informer
Informer

Post by FakinFakinFakin » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:49 am

Philomena wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:11 pm
Just rambling here because I have no idea where else to vent, but I've realized recently that I'm not attracted to, or want to have a serious relationship with the typical guy at the gym. There is something to that "gym bro" stereotype... most guys I meet at the gym are BOOORING. Their lives and only hobbies revolves around either picking up chicks and/or desperately trying to snag a GF, and bodybuilding. Like, typical meatheads. I would love to find someone who enjoys fitness, but has other things going on in their lives.
YES!! I relate to this so much. I've attempted to date so many guys who lift but they are so painfully insecure about themselves it's awful. Lifting is such a big part my life that I like it just be something that's mine... if that makes sense? I'm enough of a gym bro that two in a relationship would not be a good match. Plus I hate talking about fitness all the time, I like having different hobbies to talk about. Also food is such a big bonding thing for me in a relationship and most of those guys are super into nutrition and only eat super clean and I like to drink beer and have pizza every once in a while without worrying about it killing my gains. :D It is a dealbreaker for me if a guy doesn't have some sort of sport or physical activity though, they need to take care of themselves somehow and still be able to have a life outside of fitness.

Return to “Fitness Influencers”