General Health & Fitness Chat - Part 3

ym1622
Learner
Learner

Re: General Health & Fitness Chat - Part 3

Post by ym1622 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:58 am

altairego wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:40 am
What are some good resources to grow a booty at home? are there any guides or tips to do this?
Diana Ruiz has a home guide. I used her gym guide and got amazing results!

Yamly
Informer
Informer

Post by Yamly » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 am

altairego wrote:What are some good resources to grow a booty at home? are there any guides or tips to do this?
Bret Contreras has a home version of Strong Curves. If you look at 3rd nested reply to the first comment someone made a spreadsheet for it. I've done his advanced strong curves before and it was really good, so I'm sure his home version is too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

japeterson42
Informer
Informer

Post by japeterson42 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:25 am

i have a seperation problem with my glutes and my hamstrings. the back of my legs look like crap, and the underbooty into the bottom glute like, doesn't look fly yall

I need help. any video recs of some exercises that are basic and good?
lmaooo

notyourcupoftea
Informer
Informer

Post by notyourcupoftea » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:50 am

japeterson42 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:25 am
i have a seperation problem with my glutes and my hamstrings. the back of my legs look like crap, and the underbooty into the bottom glute like, doesn't look fly yall

I need help. any video recs of some exercises that are basic and good?
This area will improve mainly by diet. For a lot of women it is the last fat to go.

However, exercises I like doing that hit that area are good mornings, sumo deadlifts, and Romanian deadlifts. You want to get a good stretch out of the top of your hamstrings and overall glutes.

FakinFakinFakin
Informer
Informer

Post by FakinFakinFakin » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:02 pm

Agreed with notyourcupoftea. I naturally have a large butt and thighs and my butt kind of just becomes one with the back of my thighs and it's annoying. I've finally achieved some roundness and hamstring definition after like 5 years of lifting due to losing a large amount of body fat which revealed all the muscle definition beneath. I'd also recommend if you don't already to have a hamstring and glute focused day in your work out split and work on going heavy and progressive overload. I feel like they've responded the best to that.

japeterson42
Informer
Informer

Post by japeterson42 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:35 pm

FakinFakinFakin wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:02 pm
Agreed with notyourcupoftea. I naturally have a large butt and thighs and my butt kind of just becomes one with the back of my thighs and it's annoying. I've finally achieved some roundness and hamstring definition after like 5 years of lifting due to losing a large amount of body fat which revealed all the muscle definition beneath. I'd also recommend if you don't already to have a hamstring and glute focused day in your work out split and work on going heavy and progressive overload. I feel like they've responded the best to that.
thanks guys.
I had no idea it had most to do with diet, but I guess that makes the most sense. I have most of my fat in the back of my legs, but my quads are rock hard? So weird. Last night I figured that going heavy makes sense because going light hasn't done me any good obviously lol
lmaooo

HoardganizedJen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by HoardganizedJen » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:13 pm

japeterson42 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:35 pm
FakinFakinFakin wrote:
thanks guys.
I had no idea it had most to do with diet, but I guess that makes the most sense. I have most of my fat in the back of my legs, but my quads are rock hard? So weird. Last night I figured that going heavy makes sense because going light hasn't done me any good obviously lol
Going light rarely does anyone any good haha

japeterson42
Informer
Informer

Post by japeterson42 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:21 am

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:13 pm
japeterson42 wrote:
FakinFakinFakin wrote:
thanks guys.

well I haven't wanted to injure myself so gotta start back somewhere.
lmaooo

HoardganizedJen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by HoardganizedJen » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:46 pm

japeterson42 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:21 am
HoardganizedJen wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:13 pm
japeterson42 wrote:
FakinFakinFakin wrote:
thanks guys.

well I haven't wanted to injure myself so gotta start back somewhere.
I was being facetious

Von_Haute
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Von_Haute » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:12 am

I don't know if this is the right thread but just wanted to share that I bought Hanna Öberg's guide, the Get Lean Stay Healthy to kind of break from Powerlifting and hopefully lose some weight. And I have to say, I'm on day 2 and I can barely move.
Sorry for what I say when I'm hungry.

sharkbaait
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sharkbaait » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:06 am

Need lifting belt recommendations please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catyogurttasteflavor
Debater
Debater

Post by Catyogurttasteflavor » Wed May 08, 2019 8:34 am

I feel like a total idiot. Turns out Omar Isuf seems like the rest of them when it comes to his supplement line, Ouroboros Nutrition. It's been a week since I got an order confirmation but no shipping so I emailed CS to find out. What I found instead are people on the Ouroboros instagram complaining that it's been X months since they placed their order and CS hasn't gotten back to them. Same on FB. There's not much engagement and the last post was some 8 weeks ago. I'm disappointed since they were perfectly happy to take my money.

Has anyone had any experience with Omar's company?

Von_Haute
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Von_Haute » Fri May 31, 2019 1:00 am

My bf has a playstation and a VR set that we almost never used until his brother showed him some fitness games. I'm loving it! I'm doing "boxing" classes or "slashing boxes" kind of game and been burning extra kcals like crazy, and having fun. Is anyone here doing those as well? Any games you could recommend?

All Hale To Kale
Debater
Debater

Post by All Hale To Kale » Fri May 31, 2019 3:53 am

Catyogurttasteflavor wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:34 am
I feel like a total idiot. Turns out Omar Isuf seems like the rest of them when it comes to his supplement line, Ouroboros Nutrition. It's been a week since I got an order confirmation but no shipping so I emailed CS to find out. What I found instead are people on the Ouroboros instagram complaining that it's been X months since they placed their order and CS hasn't gotten back to them. Same on FB. There's not much engagement and the last post was some 8 weeks ago. I'm disappointed since they were perfectly happy to take my money.

Has anyone had any experience with Omar's company?
Oh no! Don’t tell me that! I really like him and thought he seemed super trustworthy

Julestielman
Informer
Informer

Post by Julestielman » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:02 pm

Von_Haute wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:12 am
I don't know if this is the right thread but just wanted to share that I bought Hanna Öberg's guide, the Get Lean Stay Healthy to kind of break from Powerlifting and hopefully lose some weight. And I have to say, I'm on day 2 and I can barely move.
Well, she has been doing a lot more challenging workouts lately since she's been training with Mark Carroll.

sharkbaait
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sharkbaait » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:18 am

Julestielman wrote:
Von_Haute wrote:
Well, she has been doing a lot more challenging workouts lately since she's been training with Mark Carroll.
Can you give an example of a workout provided?
I am looking for a new workout guide and really have no idea where to find a good one.

Von_Haute
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Von_Haute » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:22 am

sharkbaait wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:18 am
Julestielman wrote:
Von_Haute wrote:
I am looking for a new workout guide and really have no idea where to find a good one.

Sure, today I'm on day 3 of Week 2 (I stopped 2 weeks after Week 1 because of a) work travel and b) got sick but am back now).
Today it will be focused on back, shoulders, biceps and chest. There's warmup on the crosstrainer, then 6 sets of deadlifts, then 4 sets lat pulldown; then superset of DB arnold press and lateral raises; then incline chest prest, then DB incline back flyes superseted with incline bicep spider curls, and another superset of abs cable crunches and planks. Finishing the workout with cardio (20 min of sprints and walking).
There are videos on how to perform the exercises, which is great for me, I'm always confused with these "body building" exercises.

If I would point anything negative about the program is that it's stated that each workout is 1h but that's impossible, I take at least 1.5h

(sorry for some grammar errors, I'm at work sneaking my reply)

Julestielman
Informer
Informer

Post by Julestielman » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:08 am

sharkbaait wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:18 am
Julestielman wrote:
Von_Haute wrote:

If you check out Hanna Öberg's YouTube channel, you can find her free and intense workouts. www.youtube.com/channel/UCBeKQoyinCzc6JdS_47nHKw

I don't personally follow guides, but I've heard good things about Bret Contreras' Strong Curves program for glute-building. I also recommend the Nike Training Club app which is free.

Jerseybitch
Informer
Informer

Post by Jerseybitch » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:52 am

OOOH! I second the Nike training club app. When I can't make it to the gym before or after my shifts, I can substitute with a workout from it in my basement. Their ab workouts are great to follow along with and are quite varied too!

sharkbaait
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sharkbaait » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:32 pm

Have any of you tried meg squats strength programming?

Triumvirate
Learner
Learner

Post by Triumvirate » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:55 am

What’s a good app or watch that can track run distance, pace, etc. I’ve been using map my run by under armor but I kind of hate carrying my phone on runs and would prefer a watch. Also just like hearing other app suggestions in case the only economical thing right now is to continue using my phone

sharkbaait
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sharkbaait » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:29 am

Triumvirate wrote:What’s a good app or watch that can track run distance, pace, etc. I’ve been using map my run by under armor but I kind of hate carrying my phone on runs and would prefer a watch. Also just like hearing other app suggestions in case the only economical thing right now is to continue using my phone
I use polar beat or map my run they’re both great!

treelee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by treelee » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:25 am

Triumvirate wrote:What’s a good app or watch that can track run distance, pace, etc. I’ve been using map my run by under armor but I kind of hate carrying my phone on runs and would prefer a watch. Also just like hearing other app suggestions in case the only economical thing right now is to continue using my phone
If you hate carrying your phone I’d get a running belt to keep it in. I know the Nike run club app has an option to read out your pace every mile/km or half mile and tell you all that. I’ve found running belts much comfier than an arm band. If you want a watch you can’t go wrong with a garmin. You can get an old one for under $100 like the forerunner 25. I have one and it still works fine for pace/distance. And of course you can go as fancy as you want. You can go older but I think that’s about when they added bt connectivity from watch to phone.

meowmix8686
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Post by meowmix8686 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:47 am

Triumvirate wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:55 am
What’s a good app or watch that can track run distance, pace, etc. I’ve been using map my run by under armor but I kind of hate carrying my phone on runs and would prefer a watch. Also just like hearing other app suggestions in case the only economical thing right now is to continue using my phone
Strava is a good app. Garmin makes great watches and the low-end ones are pretty affordable and work fine (forerunner 25, vivoactive line, etc). If you want something with a lot of fancy features at a better price than Garmin, Coros makes good watches as well.

sunnysplash
Learner
Learner

Post by sunnysplash » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:40 am

Any recommendations on a good reliable scale? I have weigh ins for competitions so I need it to be accurate-ish. :)

Return to “Fitness Influencers”