General Health & Fitness Chat - Part 3

sharkbaait
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Health & Fitness Chat - Part 3

Post by sharkbaait »

Omg so sorry the site said it wasn’t posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunstreaks
Learner
Learner

Post by sunstreaks »

sharkbaait wrote:Guys!!
I love myprotein natural vanilla but I am looking for a second flavor that tastes amazing as just a shake. Also has anyone tried their casein protein?
If not what are some recommendations?! Thanks!

Do you want only myprotein suggestions? I buy form nutrition chocolate peanut which I love (any vegans this tastes really good to me even with just water).

altairego
Learner
Learner

Post by altairego »

is myprotein good? the only protein powder i currently use is the optimum nutrition from GNC and although i love it i find it a bit expensive and not too many good flavors. has any tried ON that can vouch that myprotein is comparable or better? and if so do you guys usually get the impact whey protein or the impact whey isolate?

(they have a good memorial day sale so might take advantage, list your favorite flavors and how you use them!!)

sharkbaait
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sharkbaait »

altairego wrote:is myprotein good? the only protein powder i currently use is the optimum nutrition from GNC and although i love it i find it a bit expensive and not too many good flavors. has any tried ON that can vouch that myprotein is comparable or better? and if so do you guys usually get the impact whey protein or the impact whey isolate?

(they have a good memorial day sale so might take advantage, list your favorite flavors and how you use them!!)
I used to get the rich chocolate from ON and switched to my protein and love it. Granted I have only tried natural vanilla and chocolate brownie but man, it’s so much cheaper!
I get the impact whey protein :)

Thinking of mocha or the mint like suggested

[shesaidit]
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by [shesaidit] »

altairego wrote:is myprotein good? the only protein powder i currently use is the optimum nutrition from GNC and although i love it i find it a bit expensive and not too many good flavors. has any tried ON that can vouch that myprotein is comparable or better? and if so do you guys usually get the impact whey protein or the impact whey isolate?

My protein has really good whey. We have a little fan club here. It's been a few years since I bought any ON but IMO the MyProtein whey I bought was equally as good if not better and half the price of the ON. I'd say it's definitely worth a purchase to compare considering it's so cheap. Supposedly they're a pretty good product quality wise when tested compared to other brands on labdoor, so that's always good too.

I'm about out of my protein I use for my oats and considering going back to a vegan protein. Any good ones out there that aren't chocolate or vanilla? I have not found a vanilla vegan protein I enjoy. Thinking of trying Orgain PB since I love their chocolate one but haven't heard much about it. Anyone try it? Also what was that super cheap one where you pick the flavor to add?

winterkat
Talker
Talker

Post by winterkat »

pbjnfit wrote:
winterkat wrote:
pbjnfit wrote:Has anyone else struggled with food allergies or food intolerances? I recently have been having bad flare ups from food. I will eat a salad and have severe abdominal pain 15 minutes later with diarrhea, chills, naseu etc. goes away about 2 hrs later almost like an allergy.

I now have recently have had two whole eggs one night for dinner and the same thing happened to me. I have to go lay down and take pepto its so bad.

I have always been allergic to peanuts and whole nuts but I have always been able to eat peanut butter but now when I eat anything with peanut butter or almond milk or almond butter I have the same reaction..... :cry: I am so SCARED to eat because I don't know what else I'm going to react to.
The best thing I did for my stomach pain was go to a GI doc and work with a registered dietician. I'm lactose intolerant and have mixed IBS. I essentially have to eat low to moderate FODMAP. When I eat high FODMAP, I have to drop to low FODMAP for at least 3 days to recover. A doctor can do an allergy panel and the doctor/dietician can help formulate an elimination diet and reintroduction to determine your problem foods.
this is helpful. I do have an appointment with a GI doctor. Would they send me to a dietitian at that point? Who discovered the lactose intolerant?
My GI had a RD in office and set up an appointment with her that was two weeks after the initial GI visit. I highly suspected lactose intolerance as my maternal grandfather and my father both have it and I get the same symptoms they do. Sometimes they do a breath test or blood sugar test, but mine was confirmed with an elimination diet. That diet definitely sucked at first, but was super helpful in identifying my problem foods. If they do suggest a FODMAP approach, there is an app called "Monash University FODMAP Diet" that I found super helpful. There are others, but I haven't tried them personally.

altairego
Learner
Learner

Post by altairego »

does anybody have any suggestions on good seamless thongs to wear esp while working out? i cant get how ppl can go commando especially with see thru leggings but i hate how some thongs are just so thick and bulky.

i know victoria secret probably has some but something that is reasonably priced would be great.

whiskeyweights
Debater
Debater

Post by whiskeyweights »

altairego wrote:does anybody have any suggestions on good seamless thongs to wear esp while working out? i cant get how ppl can go commando especially with see thru leggings but i hate how some thongs are just so thick and bulky.

i know victoria secret probably has some but something that is reasonably priced would be great.

i used to wear the ones from VS but i found that they start to bunch up and then they are noticeable. i honestly just wear my g strings from VS and it never feels uncomfortable.

[shesaidit]
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by [shesaidit] »

I took a leap of faith and ordered 3 flavors of the True Nutrition vegan protein. It was so cheap I just kept adding them to the cart lol. Will report back when I try them.

ghoulish_babe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ghoulish_babe »

altairego wrote:does anybody have any suggestions on good seamless thongs to wear esp while working out? i cant get how ppl can go commando especially with see thru leggings but i hate how some thongs are just so thick and bulky.

I second the question, but for Europe. VS charges more for shipping than the actual items and I can't for the life of me find something for gym here. It's all lace.

Fitinthemaking
Talker
Talker

Post by Fitinthemaking »

Has anyone tried the Keto diet? I'm really thinking about following it since I've heard countless of good reviews about this.

Zomgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Zomgirl »

Fitinthemaking wrote:Has anyone tried the Keto diet? I'm really thinking about following it since I've heard countless of good reviews about this.
I love keto but there are a couple things that I think are really important:

1. No cheating. If you're someone who needs/looks forward to cheat meals, likes fitting "fun" foods in your macros, if you have a lot of commitments this summer or have a hard time saying "no" at tempting social activities, keto is probably not for you. It really works best when you adhere to the diet 100%. Almost everyone who tries keto for the first time goes through an adaption period that isn't fun (feeling tired/lethargic for a couple days, maybe a week) and if you keep incorporating cheats, you will keep re-experiencing these symptoms and be miserable (and also yo-yo 5-7 lbs of water weight that will mess with your head). You really have to stick with it for at least a couple weeks before you start to feel the benefits of more energy, better mood, better sleep, mental clarity, etc.

2. If you are a carb person, this diet is not for you. Some people function better on carbs and others function better on fats. I could go the rest of my life (keto or not) without eating pasta, potatoes, or even bread. If you're someone who scoffs at the idea of a meal that doesn't have a carb source, you will be constantly thinking about carbs and honestly it isn't worth it. When you come off the diet, most likely you'll binge on all of your favorite foods and gain weight back.

At the end of the day, experimentation is really key. If you try it, give it at least a month and be strict with your adherence. If it works for you, that's great. If you try it and hate it, worst case scenario you go back to a calorie deficit with whatever method you prefer.

butterybiscuitspread
Informer
Informer

Post by butterybiscuitspread »

ghoulish_babe wrote:

I second the question, but for Europe. VS charges more for shipping than the actual items and I can't for the life of me find something for gym here. It's all lace.
I haven't bought hem yet but in one of the videos Meggan Grubb showed the seamless thongs she gets from H&M and said you can't see them through leggings at all. might be worth a try ;)

also for European gals, true nutrition doesn't ship here so recommendations for vegan proteins please? I have used myprotein whey but my digestion can't handle it well :(

Fitinthemaking
Talker
Talker

Post by Fitinthemaking »

Zomgirl wrote:
Fitinthemaking wrote:Has anyone tried the Keto diet? I'm really thinking about following it since I've heard countless of good reviews about this.
I love keto but there are a couple things that I think are really important:

1. No cheating. If you're someone who needs/looks forward to cheat meals, likes fitting "fun" foods in your macros, if you have a lot of commitments this summer or have a hard time saying "no" at tempting social activities, keto is probably not for you. It really works best when you adhere to the diet 100%. Almost everyone who tries keto for the first time goes through an adaption period that isn't fun (feeling tired/lethargic for a couple days, maybe a week) and if you keep incorporating cheats, you will keep re-experiencing these symptoms and be miserable (and also yo-yo 5-7 lbs of water weight that will mess with your head). You really have to stick with it for at least a couple weeks before you start to feel the benefits of more energy, better mood, better sleep, mental clarity, etc.

2. If you are a carb person, this diet is not for you. Some people function better on carbs and others function better on fats. I could go the rest of my life (keto or not) without eating pasta, potatoes, or even bread. If you're someone who scoffs at the idea of a meal that doesn't have a carb source, you will be constantly thinking about carbs and honestly it isn't worth it. When you come off the diet, most likely you'll binge on all of your favorite foods and gain weight back.

At the end of the day, experimentation is really key. If you try it, give it at least a month and be strict with your adherence. If it works for you, that's great. If you try it and hate it, worst case scenario you go back to a calorie deficit with whatever method you prefer.
Thank you!!! Although I do eat a lot of carbs atm I'm not addicted to them and I don't eat a lot of bread/pasta so I think it might be semi-easy for me.

GymTanLaundry
Learner
Learner

Post by GymTanLaundry »

I've tried a lot of different proteins and it's definitely the best bang for your buck. My husband did a lot of research on protein powders and I think it also rates the best for having the least amount of fillers and crap in it. I've been really pleased with the flavors so far. I've also tried (Impact Whey):
  • - Strawberry Cream: Really good with Greek yogurt and berries for a shake.
    - Matcha: Very light and subtle, not too sweet. I love matcha flavor and this quite good for a protein powder. If you want more sweetness to it, mix it with vanilla.
    - Cinnamon Roll: SUPER cinnamon-y. I like using it in my oatmeal, but it would also probably be good mixed with vanilla or chocolate to dilute the intensity of the flavor.
    - White Candy Cane: So delicious! I tend to just blend it with milk/cashew milk and ice and it's so good.
They also have tons of sales, so make sure you're getting some kind of discount when you buy.

Vodkab4noon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Vodkab4noon »

This hopefully applies to this sub! I was wondering what everyone's skincare routine is...Also if you take fish oil, what difference have you noticed in your skin, if any? :)

Tropical_Paradise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tropical_Paradise »

Vodkab4noon wrote:This hopefully applies to this sub! I was wondering what everyone's skincare routine is...Also if you take fish oil, what difference have you noticed in your skin, if any? :)
I wash my face every morning and tone in the evening. Sometime if I sweat a lot I'll rinse my face (like after a run or at the gym).
The products I use are cetaphil for the face wash and cera ve for a lotion. I also use micelar water for the face and a Clean and Clear spot reducer (for pimples). Its dermatologist recommended and you can buy it at the drugstore. I've been using it for years. I highly recommend those products.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO C SUPER CAMERA using Tapatalk

heelerms
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by heelerms »

Vodkab4noon wrote:This hopefully applies to this sub! I was wondering what everyone's skincare routine is...Also if you take fish oil, what difference have you noticed in your skin, if any? :)
I used to have awful acne (in case you want skin care thoughts from someone with now barely any breakouts but lots of scarring that's healing) but now I have a fairly simple regime, less is best for my face.

I used Drunk Elephants vitamin C serum in the morning, which makes my skin look and feel amazing, let it soak in and apply my Biore UV Aqua Rich with sunscreen (heard about it from an amazing Korean skincare YouTuber and it's super cheap). Micellar water or wipes are a game changer for me after the gym or when I take off my makeup, don't have to rinse off or you can lightly. And if I'm feeling super grimey I use the acne.org face wash, but it's a little stripping so good to add the vitamin c back on again. And that's it!!

Sorry if that was more than you needed, I love skin care lol

AliBee
Informer
Informer

Post by AliBee »

Has anyone tried the stevia flavours from My Protein? The prices are pretty good I am keen to give them a go but I hate overly sweet powders. The true nutrition site is great, I love how customisable it is but I bet it costs a tonne to ship to Australia.

[shesaidit]
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by [shesaidit] »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
treelee wrote:I took a leap of faith and ordered 3 flavors of the True Nutrition vegan protein. It was so cheap I just kept adding them to the cart lol. Will report back when I try them.
Which one did you get??

I figured out the one I mentioned above! It's this one and it's really good for anyone who cares: https://truenutrition.com/p-945-soy-pro ... o-1lb.aspx?

I accidentally ordered the pea protein mix a couple weeks ago and it's rly gross. My bf uses it for his shakes though and for like $10, it's whatever.
Phew I got the soy! I think I got the cinnamon roll, strawberry, and chocolate coconut flavors. Wanted a vegan/dairy free replacement for my cinnamon roll whey in my oatmeal. Whey tastes good but I’m 99% sure my few skin breakouts were from adding in whey. I really don’t have much dairy otherwise and it’s obviously a huge trigger for acne. Super excited for the chocolate coconut. Was very impressed with the flavor options. If any of these flavors are good I will 100% be repurchasing in bulk

Return to “Fitness”