Taylor Chamberlain

People with less than 3 archived locked threads.
Make_life_magical
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Taylor Chamberlain

Post by Make_life_magical »

I've been watching Taylor on youtube and IG, is it just me or does she annoy anyone else?? I find she just drags on and on about the same old topics!
Then her husband suddenly quit medical school and is just full on doing exactly what she does! Posting "inspirational" *cough cough* stuff on IG, workouts, advice.... what do they plan to do when instagram fizzles out?

lolomago
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Re: taylor chamberlain

Post by lolomago »

Steve quit medical school?! That really surprises me, wasn't he somewhat close to being done, did they say why?
I used to really enjoy watching her videos but she's so obsessed with counting macros and i's constantly just in a cycle of prep/re-feed stuff that I had to stop watching. I just don't get how that's a sustainable lifestyle, like counting and weighing food for the rest of your life? No thanks.

wilmadawn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn »

meh, she's boring. just another fitbot that does and talks about the same stuff as everyone else.

alliezee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alliezee »

shes always been so uninteresting to me. just a basic bitch truth be told. she presents nothing new or interesting or exciting of any kind. just a long-time, naturally lean girl from biblical america that got married young and blah blah. super uninteresting. she's like the equivalent of toast

Make_life_magical
Gossiper
Gossiper

Yessss thankyou!! Her life is all about counting calories and macros, bulking and cutting. WHYYYYY would anyone want that lifestyle, continously??

Make_life_magical
Gossiper
Gossiper

lolomago wrote:Steve quit medical school?! That really surprises me, wasn't he somewhat close to being done, did they say why?
I used to really enjoy watching her videos but she's so obsessed with counting macros and i's constantly just in a cycle of prep/re-feed stuff that I had to stop watching. I just don't get how that's a sustainable lifestyle, like counting and weighing food for the rest of your life? No thanks.
He said the same old generic stuff about finding his passion and how this isn't for him anymore. I'm not sue how long he had left, a fair while + residency but still.... Seems like he wanted an easier route, and to just be in the gym 24/7 whilst food prepping *yawn*

redfrog
Learner
Learner

Post by redfrog »

Yea i used to like her a lot. I have met her and she is very sweet but she does seem pretty boring. What I don’t like is that she has a degree in nutrition but she insists on counting all of her food forever. It’s really not healthy to do that and I think if she wanted to be truly healthy physically and mentally she would not be counting her macros still.

She’s at the point honestly where she could probably eyeball her food. I counted my macros for over a year and I got sick of it but now I can generally guess how much I need to eat and it works out way better for me, plus I allow for treats here and there (every week!) and I have lost and maintained my weight.

She says she had an eating disorder and overcame it but she didn’t. Being healthy for life is about doing it in a way that’s sustainable Physically AND mentally. If she’s eating the same damn thing every day and still weighing each drop of mustard she has a problem. I feel like she’s hiding behind being super fit and dedicated but it seems sad and every time I watch one of her videos I’m so tired of hearing spouted off calculations and macros.

Tbh any time I hear someone explaining how many macros are in their meal I am rolling my eyes now. I think it’s kind of ridiculous and I know from experience that it’s not necessary.

Make_life_magical
Gossiper
Gossiper

redfrog wrote:Yea i used to like her a lot. I have met her and she is very sweet but she does seem pretty boring. What I don’t like is that she has a degree in nutrition but she insists on counting all of her food forever. It’s really not healthy to do that and I think if she wanted to be truly healthy physically and mentally she would not be counting her macros still.

She’s at the point honestly where she could probably eyeball her food. I counted my macros for over a year and I got sick of it but now I can generally guess how much I need to eat and it works out way better for me, plus I allow for treats here and there (every week!) and I have lost and maintained my weight.

She says she had an eating disorder and overcame it but she didn’t. Being healthy for life is about doing it in a way that’s sustainable Physically AND mentally. If she’s eating the same damn thing every day and still weighing each drop of mustard she has a problem. I feel like she’s hiding behind being super fit and dedicated but it seems sad and every time I watch one of her videos I’m so tired of hearing spouted off calculations and macros.

Tbh any time I hear someone explaining how many macros are in their meal I am rolling my eyes now. I think it’s kind of ridiculous and I know from experience that it’s not necessary.
yas!! I often think this too, her eating disorder days are most definitely not in the past aye. Like you said..when you count every drop of mustard then you have a problem. She is a huge restrictive eat and when she does eat she works out to "work it off" I don't care what anyone says.. her and her husband both have the same routine of same foods and go to the gym to 'let' them eat.
She could eye ball everything and be fine! Good gracious, I am not an ounce overweight what so ever but I NEVER count or weigh my food, ever!! If I'm hungrier Ill eat more, if I'm not as hungry I'll eat less...it is truly not rocket science. I get that sometimes you may look up the protein count of something just to MAKE SURE you're getting enough, but that's it, it shouldn't rule your life...

[shesaidit]
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by [shesaidit] »

I can't wait for coach nick tong to come white knight for her and her wonderful husband. YAWN. I guess he turned off his google alerts though so maybe he won't notice she popped up on gg again. Meh it's all been said before on the lesser known thread. But Taylor is super vanilla and puts on a perfect life for the tube minus her one story of hardship where her family recovered VERY well from all their losses in about 5 years. She cuts for at least half the year so she doesn't make any real progress anymore (see photo of her at 125 lbs this prep vs last... literally the exact same) and will probably have a lackluster debut on the IFBB circuit.

lolomago
Learner
Learner

Post by lolomago »

Make_life_magical wrote:
lolomago wrote:Steve quit medical school?! That really surprises me, wasn't he somewhat close to being done, did they say why?
He said the same old generic stuff about finding his passion and how this isn't for him anymore. I'm not sue how long he had left, a fair while + residency but still.... Seems like he wanted an easier route, and to just be in the gym 24/7 whilst food prepping *yawn*
It's too bad because I kind of always admired that he was going to school, studying and still fit in time to prep for that show he did. I always find "fitness" people way more interesting when they have actual lives outside of the gym

pbjnfit
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pbjnfit »

she literately counts how much mustard she eats? :o

Post by Guest »

I honestly can’t stand her. She blocked me a while back because I replied to someone’s comment that said something like “why are you constantly wearing Romaleos when you aren’t doing any Olympic lifting/squatting” and I agreed with her. Seriously, she looked stupid wearing them and her followers were asking what kind of shoes they were just because they looked cute. She’s just so uneducated. And really boring. There’s just something about her that reeks of entitlement and never having to struggle a day in her life because her parents are rich. And I DO NOT understand how she got her pro card. I see so many bikini pros on my IG feed who have so much more muscle than she does. Good luck competing next to women like Narmin, India, Jen Ronzitti. Granted, I’m sure there’s some questionable substance use there but Taylor just does NOT have the look. She just looks like your basic skinny girl who lifts baby weights in the gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make_life_magical
Gossiper
Gossiper

wildnblue wrote:I honestly can’t stand her. She blocked me a while back because I replied to someone’s comment that said something like “why are you constantly wearing Romaleos when you aren’t doing any Olympic lifting/squatting” and I agreed with her. Seriously, she looked stupid wearing them and her followers were asking what kind of shoes they were just because they looked cute. She’s just so uneducated. And really boring. There’s just something about her that reeks of entitlement and never having to struggle a day in her life because her parents are rich. And I DO NOT understand how she got her pro card. I see so many bikini pros on my IG feed who have so much more muscle than she does. Good luck competing next to women like Narmin, India, Jen Ronzitti. Granted, I’m sure there’s some questionable substance use there but Taylor just does NOT have the look. She just looks like your basic skinny girl who lifts baby weights in the gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yup going on what you said about other pro-cards who have a lot more muscle etc than her, I was stupidly watching her latest youtube video where she posted a workout with a friend, Taylor wasn't even doing "proper" push-ups but had her knees on the ground. How on earth can you train people, claim to be a fitness expert, compete, have fitness plans for sale etc etc when you evidently do not work and push yourself hard enough to develop skills..i.e proper push-ups?!

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Healthyish85 »

she truly must make bank from her coaching and app stuff because how the heck do they afford where they live, all the healthy food, TWO pricey dogs...stephen doesn't work, does he??

Make_life_magical
Gossiper
Gossiper

yea exactly! he might have some sponsorships no and earn some but not sure?

RoseGoldBeats
Debater
Debater

Post by RoseGoldBeats »

I almost feel bad for her. She's a bit boring, but pretty non-controversial and seems like a nice gal. But her husband annoys the living Hell out of me by always jumping into her videos mid-sentence to correct her or add "helpful" information. The way he does it very much gives me the vibes of a boyfriend/husband who seems nice and caring on the outside but has some seriously deep-seated misogyny inside. I really get the feeling that he thinks Taylor is stupid. And I wouldn't wish a relationship like that on my worst enemy. Unfortunately I see enough of them in my friends' lives.

whiskeyweights
Debater
Debater

Post by whiskeyweights »

In her newest video you can see that angles really make a difference. you can definitely see she did put on weight during the off season. thats just my opinion. and i feel like if you are going to call yourself a fitness influencer you need to be able to do regular push ups.

Make_life_magical
Gossiper
Gossiper

living a life for bulking and cutting, dieting and yoyo'ing is a sad existence in my opinion, but that aside yes the push-ups and her inability to do them, it's a bit shocking. Heck, her fiend came over and made a VERY VERY healthy dinner but Taylor who is suck in an ED mindset refused to eat it, sticking instead to her ritualistic habits for food :-/

redfrog
Learner
Learner

Post by redfrog »

Sorry for the confusion i have never actually seen her count mustard, i was just using that as an example of how ridiculous I believe she is with her counting.

I definitely agree that she doesn’t know as much as she lets on. Idk if I am just being nit picky but I notice a ton of girls on social media wearing running shoes to do squats and such. I used to also but it’s very bad for your ankles to have such a squishy, cushioned shoe. you may feel stable but those shoes wiggle around, if you get a nice flat shoe (nike metcons are good) it’s easier to stabilize yourself. I realize people may just not know that but at the pro level especially for someone preaching the lifestyle she should look into that. It’s also bad for your knees.

[shesaidit]
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by [shesaidit] »

Make_life_magical wrote:living a life for bulking and cutting, dieting and yoyo'ing is a sad existence in my opinion, but that aside yes the push-ups and her inability to do them, it's a bit shocking. Heck, her fiend came over and made a VERY VERY healthy dinner but Taylor who is suck in an ED mindset refused to eat it, sticking instead to her ritualistic habits for food :-/
Yeah.. it was very sad to see. Her friend is equally as disordered IMO. She and taylor did the same show and while taylor put on some weight that Laura girl is still tiny. But it's always gross when you get the bikini girls together and they justify and giggle over all their disordered behaviors. I get that Taylor is prepping, but she will be until May and likely later into the summer for more shows which is half the year. Every year. If you can't estimate the macros of food that you literally see be prepared this early in prep, how is that any sort of lifestyle?

Return to “Misc - Archived Threads”