Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: GS, Alphalete, other apparel brands - Part 2

Post by LexLuther195 »

catmcc10595 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:38 pm
Anyone have recommendations for Lulu knockoffs in a cropped (7/8) version? I can't deal with full length leggings and that's all I can find!
Definitely try the aerie play real me 7/8 legging! They’re less cottony and more spandexy but the overall look and construction is very similar. They also have the seamless waistband and V shape on the back. They also come in long and short sizes so your 7/8 doesn’t end up looking like a 3/4 or a full length depending on height. They’re almost always on sale for $20-30 depending and they’re worth a try for that much.

someonenice
Talker
Talker

Post by someonenice »

LexLuther195 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:21 am
catmcc10595 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:38 pm
Anyone have recommendations for Lulu knockoffs in a cropped (7/8) version? I can't deal with full length leggings and that's all I can find!
Definitely try the aerie play real me 7/8 legging! They’re less cottony and more spandexy but the overall look and construction is very similar. They also have the seamless waistband and V shape on the back. They also come in long and short sizes so your 7/8 doesn’t end up looking like a 3/4 or a full length depending on height. They’re almost always on sale for $20-30 depending and they’re worth a try for that much.
Yes! I tried those and they are pretty similar to Lulu. I also heard so many good things about it from people. The only thing I don't like is that logo on the back / almost on the butt.

someonenice
Talker
Talker

Post by someonenice »

LexLuther195 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:26 pm
On a different note, has anyone bought anything from the brand Ethos? A girl at my gym wears it and says it’s pretty similar to aligns, and it doesn’t have that annoying waistband top seam I despise. They’re doing a buy 2 get one free on bottoms right now, and their sports bras are so cute.
So I did some research after your post and ordered them. I am a little scared because I ordered the ones on a final sale & non returnable. I am already scared :D But, 3 leggings were for $50 with tax and $5 for shipping.. So it is LESS than $20 for a pair. And I like the simple design a lot.

LexLuther195
Talker
Talker

Post by LexLuther195 »

someonenice wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:31 am
LexLuther195 wrote:
On a different note, has anyone bought anything from the brand Ethos? A girl at my gym wears it and says it’s pretty similar to aligns, and it doesn’t have that annoying waistband top seam I despise. They’re doing a buy 2 get one free on bottoms right now, and their sports bras are so cute.
So I did some research after your post and ordered them. I am a little scared because I ordered the ones on a final sale & non returnable. I am already scared :D But, 3 leggings were for $50 with tax and $5 for shipping.. So it is LESS than $20 for a pair. And I like the simple design a lot.
PLEASE tell me what you think! And the sizing!

cali_ambitious454
Debater
Debater

Post by cali_ambitious454 »

hmmmmmm wrote:
cali_ambitious454 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:04 pm
hmmmmmm wrote:Do not know if it is permitted or if already talked about but ... Did any of you guys try the knockoffs of gymshark on aliexpress? Found two girls on Youtube saying good things, i am intrigued
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32894548 ... 4c4dMddVeD

Purchased these off the review of a YouTuber who raved about them, got them in the color blue. Absolutely love them! The leggings really hug your body like a second skin, very comfortable, squat proof, not sure about sweat proof (honestly I don’t sweat too heavily from my lower half while exercising). I’ve worn them quite a few times and they’ve held up very well after wash and dry. Everytime I wear them I receive so many compliments. Since they’re coming from China, they do take awhile to get to you, but I remember receiving them within 2 weeks in the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice, thanks for the review! Those are like the gymshark ones :tu:

Which girl did you watch? (I have seen Denice andree and gainwithkathy)

It was actually the first girl you mentioned, Denice. Randomly stumbled upon her video because I was browsing YouTube for cheap legging try-on hauls lol.

japeterson42
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by japeterson42 »

anyone heard of Kora fit?

I have an affiliate link if anyone wants to try out their stuff. it's pretty nice. PM me if you want it cuz idk if im allowed to post it lol
lmaooo

sagee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sagee »

Has anyone tried the flow y bra from lululemon? I live two hours away from a store and it’s final sale online so I wanted to know what the sizing is like. A lot of the reviews say it runs small and they had to size up, but I’ve only ever tried on either the energy or one of the free to be bras (I don’t remember which one tbh) in a size 4 and it was way too big so idk what my normal size would even be. I’m 5’2 106 lbs and a 30D but I’ve been told that a 28 band would fit better.

sagee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sagee »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
sagee wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:58 am
Has anyone tried the flow y bra from lululemon? I live two hours away from a store and it’s final sale online so I wanted to know what the sizing is like. A lot of the reviews say it runs small and they had to size up, but I’ve only ever tried on either the energy or one of the free to be bras (I don’t remember which one tbh) in a size 4 and it was way too big so idk what my normal size would even be. I’m 5’2 106 lbs and a 30D but I’ve been told that a 28 band would fit better.

Definitely size up. I have one of these sitting on my coffee table that I need to return/exchange. I'm a 6 at lulu in bottoms (but can fit into 4s if I want to hate my life) and I got a 6 in this bra without trying it on thinking SURELY, a 6 will fit me since I have 0 tits. I could barely breathe in it and the lat spillover was tragic. I would probably even get a 10 which is ridiculous IMO since I'm like barely 130lbs and again, have no tits to speak of. This bra isn't very size inclusive lol.
Wow thank you so much!!

someonenice
Talker
Talker

Post by someonenice »

LexLuther195 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:36 pm
someonenice wrote:
LexLuther195 wrote:
So here's my opinion on Ethos leggings, if anyone's interested.
I got three leggings for $50 (including tax) + $5 for shipping. I am size 4 in Aligns, 6 in their other leggings, and usually a size small for other brands. I am also 5'10 so I was pretty excited that Ethos offers tall version (and also short version). I ordered leggings that were on sale because I am broke, obviously.
The material is NOT soft. NOT like aligns. Maybe like super cheap dupes to aligns? They remind me the the leggings I got from Aliexpress for $16. However, Ethos leggings don't feel itchy when I wear them and actually feel pretty breathable. They are thinner than Athleta Powervita material. I actually prefer that thinner material because I get sweaty in Athleta leggings and that's uncomfortable for me. Another thing with Ethos, they are not as stretchy as Aligns... I feel a little restricted when I squat. But overall they are ok, just don't touch them with your hands and trick yourself that you're actually wearing aligns.
I also found that there is excess material around the crotch area for me, so I only wear them with longer tops. But that's just my body. Also, I wore them for cardio and had to pull them up a couple times.
Probably the worst thing was the stitching. I hate when stitches are not clean and stick out. That's the first thing I look at with leggings and I don't even bother try them on if stitching is not nice (I'll pass 95% leggings in the store because they all have flaws). Honestly I don't understand how companies can sell leggings with stitching sticking out. All of my three Ethos leggings had stitching sticking out in so many places..
That being said, I actually prefer Ethos over Athleta but I don't think Ethos leggings will last more than a few months. I basically paid $18 for a pair and I think that was a fair price. I would not pay the original price ($50-$55)

Grantchester73
Informer
Informer

Post by Grantchester73 »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:12 pm
sagee wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:58 am

Definitely size up. I have one of these sitting on my coffee table that I need to return/exchange. I'm a 6 at lulu in bottoms (but can fit into 4s if I want to hate my life) and I got a 6 in this bra without trying it on thinking SURELY, a 6 will fit me since I have 0 tits. I could barely breathe in it and the lat spillover was tragic. I would probably even get a 10 which is ridiculous IMO since I'm like barely 130lbs and again, have no tits to speak of. This bra isn't very size inclusive lol.
Story of my fucking life.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

I’m in Starbucks and this guy has alphalete stickers all over his laptop lolol. It’s about as bizarre as the time I realized one of the cars in the lot at work had an ever forward sticker on the window (ala the chewning bros).

LexLuther195
Talker
Talker

Post by LexLuther195 »

someonenice wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:02 pm
LexLuther195 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:36 pm
someonenice wrote:
LexLuther195 wrote:
So here's my opinion on Ethos leggings, if anyone's interested.
I got three leggings for $50 (including tax) + $5 for shipping. I am size 4 in Aligns, 6 in their other leggings, and usually a size small for other brands. I am also 5'10 so I was pretty excited that Ethos offers tall version (and also short version). I ordered leggings that were on sale because I am broke, obviously.
The material is NOT soft. NOT like aligns. Maybe like super cheap dupes to aligns? They remind me the the leggings I got from Aliexpress for $16. However, Ethos leggings don't feel itchy when I wear them and actually feel pretty breathable. They are thinner than Athleta Powervita material. I actually prefer that thinner material because I get sweaty in Athleta leggings and that's uncomfortable for me. Another thing with Ethos, they are not as stretchy as Aligns... I feel a little restricted when I squat. But overall they are ok, just don't touch them with your hands and trick yourself that you're actually wearing aligns.
I also found that there is excess material around the crotch area for me, so I only wear them with longer tops. But that's just my body. Also, I wore them for cardio and had to pull them up a couple times.
Probably the worst thing was the stitching. I hate when stitches are not clean and stick out. That's the first thing I look at with leggings and I don't even bother try them on if stitching is not nice (I'll pass 95% leggings in the store because they all have flaws). Honestly I don't understand how companies can sell leggings with stitching sticking out. All of my three Ethos leggings had stitching sticking out in so many places..
That being said, I actually prefer Ethos over Athleta but I don't think Ethos leggings will last more than a few months. I basically paid $18 for a pair and I think that was a fair price. I would not pay the original price ($50-$55)
Thank you! My friend brought a pair of her shorts in for me to try and I totally agree about the fabric. That alone made me decide to skip them and just stick to my align shorts because I love the softness/naked feeling. I still may try a sports bra since they have a sale coming up.

FakinFakinFakin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FakinFakinFakin »

Chanel did a really good review of the Buff Bunny leggings vs the Alo Yoga leggings which she copied off of. Apparently the metallic was already coming off the pants in one wash.

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”