GS, Alphalete, other apparel brands - Part 2

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: GS, Alphalete, other apparel brands - Part 2

Post by treelee »

I can't even begin to believe how ugly the new cheetah print Balance set Taylor is releasing is. When she was showing the outfit with the matching top and bottom it legit looked like a Halloween costume.

Scarlet11
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Scarlet11 »

treelee wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:16 am
I can't even begin to believe how ugly the new cheetah print Balance set Taylor is releasing is. When she was showing the outfit with the matching top and bottom it legit looked like a Halloween costume.
Wow, that is bad. She looks like an extra from The Flintstones.

LexLuther195
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by LexLuther195 »

FakinFakinFakin wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:04 am
xsimplysweetx wrote:Does anyone else have this issue? I'm v self conscious about it, even though I should just get over it lol. I have armpit fat (between my chest and boobs) and its super annoying and I feel like it doesn't look good when I wear tanks so I usually stick to short sleeve workout tops *sigh*
Also, I'm not sure how to get rid of it, or if its even possible to get rid of. I'm already fairly lean so idk if losing more weight would help?

Does anyone else wear short sleeve workout tops? Any you would recommend? TYIA :)
I have the same thing! I feel like training chest only makes it more prominent too, ugh. Honestly, the only way I've found to reduce it is to lose fat overall. I've been cutting for the last few months and it's the one place I've noticed the most improvement. If only the fat went a little bit more south to my non-existent boobs LOL.
I have a low BF%, <19% and I still get this (and still had it at an even lower %), though not as prominently as when I was younger. I just tuck it into my sports bra, lol.

Has anyone seen the Alice Liveing x Primark workout collection? It’s a shameless carbon copy of Gymshark’s pink and grey ombré as well as a few of their other pieces. I’d be embarrassed to copy such a well known brand, especially in such a prominent, Europe-based store...

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

I wonder if Gymshark's Sydney popup wasn't that busy today. It seemed awfully quiet on SM. No stories from the popup by Ben or Whitney, Steve was quiet and Nikki just did a couple of pics. Normally they are showing the queues and big crowd.

jnkgossip
Informer
Informer

Post by jnkgossip »

LexLuther195 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:58 am
FakinFakinFakin wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:04 am
xsimplysweetx wrote:Does anyone else have this issue? I'm v self conscious about it, even though I should just get over it lol. I have armpit fat (between my chest and boobs) and its super annoying and I feel like it doesn't look good when I wear tanks so I usually stick to short sleeve workout tops *sigh*
Also, I'm not sure how to get rid of it, or if its even possible to get rid of. I'm already fairly lean so idk if losing more weight would help?

Does anyone else wear short sleeve workout tops? Any you would recommend? TYIA :)
I have the same thing! I feel like training chest only makes it more prominent too, ugh. Honestly, the only way I've found to reduce it is to lose fat overall. I've been cutting for the last few months and it's the one place I've noticed the most improvement. If only the fat went a little bit more south to my non-existent boobs LOL.
I have a low BF%, <19% and I still get this (and still had it at an even lower %), though not as prominently as when I was younger. I just tuck it into my sports bra, lol.

Has anyone seen the Alice Liveing x Primark workout collection? It’s a shameless carbon copy of Gymshark’s pink and grey ombré as well as a few of their other pieces. I’d be embarrassed to copy such a well known brand, especially in such a prominent, Europe-based store...

I live in the USA where we just got Primark here in the northeast. At my store those leggings have been selling out like crazy!! There's no shot the quality is the same as Gymshark's though.

LexLuther195
Talker
Talker

Post by LexLuther195 »

jnkgossip wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:00 pm
I live in the USA where we just got Primark here in the northeast. At my store those leggings have been selling out like crazy!! There's no shot the quality is the same as Gymshark's though.
We don’t have it in the Midwest yet and I don’t know who Alice Liveing is but it seems like in all her IG pictures people are absolutely blown away by her monumentally creative gymwear line that she must have worked SO hard on designing from scratch- god forbid anyone suggest primark just copied what was popular already and slapped her name on it.

I think I’m most bothered that the ombré isn’t a nice gradient like gymshark’s, and the ombré doesn’t go from pink down to grey on the tops. Both pieces go from grey down to pink, so if you wear them both at the same time it’s going to draw attention to and make the midsection look bigger, as well as not transition well into the bottoms.

invasionsucexxy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by invasionsucexxy »

I'm so confused by GS sizing.. are most of their leggings just really stretchy. How can Ajahzi (nothing against I think she looks great) be a size small then you have chicks like Whitney and Maryana who are also size small in their new high rise flex leggings? Her glutes are 42 inches.

someonenice
Talker
Talker

Post by someonenice »

Will anyone be ordering anything from the new buff bunny collection? It will be released this Saturday - I saw some reviews from other youtubers and apparently the leggings are comparable to aligns. But yes it could be all lies and scams. I just wondered if anyone will be ordering, I probably won't and rather save for p'tula to try at some point (hopefully soon, lol).

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Healthyish85 »

someonenice wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:51 pm
Will anyone be ordering anything from the new buff bunny collection? It will be released this Saturday - I saw some reviews from other youtubers and apparently the leggings are comparable to aligns. But yes it could be all lies and scams. I just wondered if anyone will be ordering, I probably won't and rather save for p'tula to try at some point (hopefully soon, lol).
not a chance. comments on her bbc IG account are terrible, not just quality (mostly sizing) but shipping/wrong orders/overselling. unless she already got ALLLL of that fixed in her new warehouse. but yeah, i'll pass.

V O L U M E
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by V O L U M E »

Is it just me or gymshark fails at their high waist leggings... the flex leggings look too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LexLuther195
Talker
Talker

Post by LexLuther195 »

V O L U M E wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:20 am
Is it just me or gymshark fails at their high waist leggings... the flex leggings look too long.

The new flex set comes off as kinda lazy to me honestly. They only made a bra and leggings, the pattern/design is pretty minimal and most of their releases have more than just 2 pieces in the set. Maybe they’ll add more if they gauge a good enough interest in the two pieces first. But the bra looks super cheap and low quality... those tiny straps... I can’t. It looks like a lounge/sleep bra.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

The more I see of the balance athletica cheetah set the uglier I think it is. Taylor was banging on about how it makes your booty look bigger... sure but like it makes your legs look massive too and not in a good way. And it's even tackier than the camo print GS released.

Starbucks_lover94
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Starbucks_lover94 »

What are some good high waisted compression shorts? I would love to get some from Lululemon but they're so expensive. I noticed Alphalete has some on sale. Thoughts?

Cp3p0
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cp3p0 »

HoardganizedJen wrote:Does anyone know of a bag like the one BB is releasing? Like... I hate to say it but that shit would be the ultimate work bag for me. I could fit my laptop and lunch and all my shit. I would never buy it but I'm hoping someone knows of a non-six pack bag version that's similar to the ~Gamechanger~ bag.

Damn it! I had a look at the bag and it is actually nice and has potential as an everyday bag. I second this though, I would never buy her crap. Buff bunny as the logo alone is embarrassing af. But there has to be an original out there somewhere that she copied this from.

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Healthyish85 »

Yeah, I want to see 'snow leopard' and 'cheetah' on models other than Taylor...her body is amazing so pretty much anything looks good on her. I'd like to see if it's still so 'flattering' on curvier women.

third the BB bag. it looks amazing, esp with that place to keep food in the bottom, but i will give her business over my dead body.

bubblebuttguru
Learner
Learner

Post by bubblebuttguru »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:58 pm
Does anyone know of a bag like the one BB is releasing? Like... I hate to say it but that shit would be the ultimate work bag for me. I could fit my laptop and lunch and all my shit. I would never buy it but I'm hoping someone knows of a non-six pack bag version that's similar to the ~Gamechanger~ bag.
I've heard of an Australian company called Mealami that makes meal prep bags with a laptop holder and whatnot this summer, but it is expensive.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

bubblebuttguru wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:56 am
HoardganizedJen wrote:
Does anyone know of a bag like the one BB is releasing? Like... I hate to say it but that shit would be the ultimate work bag for me. I could fit my laptop and lunch and all my shit. I would never buy it but I'm hoping someone knows of a non-six pack bag version that's similar to the ~Gamechanger~ bag.
I've heard of an Australian company called Mealami that makes meal prep bags with a laptop holder and whatnot this summer, but it is expensive.
From a quick google I found this: https://minkeeblue.com/products/the-parker-travel-tote
Looks like similar products are out there. I'm sure if you spend more time than me you can find something even better. Anything to not support BB :tu:

Grantchester73
Informer
Informer

Post by Grantchester73 »

treelee wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:10 am
bubblebuttguru wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:56 am
HoardganizedJen wrote:
From a quick google I found this: https://minkeeblue.com/products/the-parker-travel-tote
Looks like similar products are out there. I'm sure if you spend more time than me you can find something even better. Anything to not support BB :tu:
I've used these bags before - good quality and sort of similar:

https://shopfactandfiction.com/

Just don't know if they ship internationally, otherwise highly recommended.

someonenice
Talker
Talker

Post by someonenice »

Healthyish85 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:29 am
Yeah, I want to see 'snow leopard' and 'cheetah' on models other than Taylor...her body is amazing so pretty much anything looks good on her. I'd like to see if it's still so 'flattering' on curvier women.

third the BB bag. it looks amazing, esp with that place to keep food in the bottom, but i will give her business over my dead body.
That cheetah print is not the best idea. I saw her promo video and while looks okay there, I can't imagine myself going to the gym in this sort of cheetah print. Or see that in the gym. It's just too much. But also I'm pretty basic with clothing and when I wear leggings, they are 90% of time black.

sauce
Learner
Learner

Post by sauce »

Does anyone here live in Canada and have a recommendation of good quality resistance bands? I don't want to pay too much for shipping :P

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”