Gymshark, Alphalete, + other apparel brands

GluteActivation
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Ben Francis - Gymshark

Post by GluteActivation »

Anyone else see his new YT video.
I Give him so much respect for stepping down as CEO. He realized that that wasn't the role he wanted to be. I can only imagine how hard that decision was, and I know he thought long and hard about it. Gymshark is his baby, it's his life. I really think his new position is absolutely perfect for him. He's going to do such amazing things with the company.
It's so refreshing to see somebody not have their ego gett in the way, and realizing that somebody else could better fill his position.

Squidgit
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ben Francis - Gymshark

Post by Squidgit »

Yes! I also loved how he showed that he gets inspiration from things non fitness related. He seems to be a very smart business wise. It's amazing to see how much Gymshark has grown. I like all his videos thus far. They're actually informative. Not just "sweet" edits & fluff.

Susperna
Informer
Informer

Post by Susperna »

YES to an apparel thread, that would be awesome <3 . Would also be a good place for recoomendations regarding gym clothing.

[shesaidit]
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by [shesaidit] »

HoardganizedJen wrote:Also, Robin needs to make an updated video since she's not dating GymShark CEO, Ben Francis who happens to be the CEO of GymShark, anymore :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Dead,

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

Could just stick Ben and Robin in the same thread.

Susperna
Informer
Informer

Post by Susperna »

HoardganizedJen wrote:Also, Robin needs to make an updated video since she's not dating GymShark CEO, Ben Francis who happens to be the CEO of GymShark, anymore :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Lmfao :rofl: . I would love to know what her role in the company is - or if she even plays a major role. Maybe she just throws in some clothing-inspiration? :? Now that that one dude who is sponsored by them (the british one, I forgot his name) has his office with Ben...

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

She has no role.

Lex? He's an athlete but doesn't have an office with Ben. Noel Mack? He's not sponsored, he recently took up a big role with them. Before he did freelance work for them iirc.

Squidgit
Informer
Informer

Re: Gymshark, Alphalete, + other apparel brands

Post by Squidgit »

HoardganizedJen wrote:Idk if I can rename the thread, I can't really figure it out.

I thought the video was awesome and I think Ben is such an impressive and innovative young man. 25 years old... it's incredible. He is thinking outside of the box and investing in his company in ways CG can't even DREAM of. I'll just send the link to this video next time Tom or one of Alphalete's fuckbois comments to CG that his company is doing better than GS :lol: Alphalete might do some crazy sales but they would flop instantly if CG disappeared. I could see GS getting as big as Lulu if they figure out a way to satisfy demand online and possibly start opening brick and mortar stores to further build an audience that isn't from social media influencers.
I agree that it would be nice to see Gymshark get an audience that isn't from social media. Iirc in the video Ben alluded to sponsoring some bigger athletes? I'll have to watch it again to be sure though. It'd be cool if they were able to sponsor some big name athletes or people who are ACTUAL athletes and not just body building competitors.

GluteActivation
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

HoardganizedJen wrote: Would you care if I moved this to Lesser Known section? I don't know that Ben needs his own thread and more people will see it there. OR maybe we could turn this into an apparel thread where we can discuss GS, Alphalete, etc?
Yes brilliant! Such a better idea thanks! I feel like we can discuss a lot here about brands specifically & that way we don't clog up the Lesser Known section

well wait idk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by well wait idk »

Just got my Ptula leggings in the mail- I got the mint ones and am disappointed. The quality is nice but you definitely want to size down because they are completely sheer

also they re more green in person, online they look 100% mint but in person its like a darker seafoam green, not like the picture at all

I'll have to return them unfortunately

GluteActivation
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

well wait idk wrote:Just got my Ptula leggings in the mail- I got the mint ones and am disappointed. The quality is nice but you definitely want to size down because they are completely sheer

also they re more green in person, online they look 100% mint but in person its like a darker seafoam green, not like the picture at all

Do you mean size up?

And aww that stinks, I love my Ptulas, I have them in every color! I did notice too that the mints & periwinkle can be a bit sheer while squatting unless you're wearing skin tone/white color undies, but I don't mind going commando. I don't have that problem with any of the other colors.
If you feel awkward going with no panties then definitely size up.
She's great with customer service so I'm sure exchanging won't be an issue

alliezee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alliezee »

I posted in the Nikki rave thread, but I bought the mesh hoodie thing and I was really impressed with the quality. It felt like a lululemon luxtreme material. Not AS nice, but close.

I've had pretty shit luck with gymshark - I tried the flex leggings and H A T E D them. I couldn't believe how itchy and HOT they were. I also tried the leggings that have the phone pocket and they truly felt like nasty cheap leggings you get at walmart. The material was a pleasant surprise.

I think if Gymshark continues improving their fabrics, they could earn a solid place in the athletic wear market

well wait idk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by well wait idk »

simplycourt11 wrote:
well wait idk wrote:Just got my Ptula leggings in the mail- I got the mint ones and am disappointed. The quality is nice but you definitely want to size down because they are completely sheer

Do you mean size up?

And aww that stinks, I love my Ptulas, I have them in every color! I did notice too that the mints & periwinkle can be a bit sheer while squatting unless you're wearing skin tone/white color undies, but I don't mind going commando. I don't have that problem with any of the other colors.
Oops yes I meant size up! I'm glad they worked for you, hopefully I can just get a refund- I have too many leggings already :P

pbjnfit
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pbjnfit »

well wait idk wrote:
simplycourt11 wrote:

I bought a pair and they fit at first. Kind of loose after 1st wash. They do not accept returns apparently. They also are not sweat proof or resistant to sweat, and I noticed that I kept hiking up the waist band during squats. They don't fit snug around waist band like lulu, but maybe should have sized down? I got a small............ :? Super annoying because they look great on Sami B when she wears them and you can't see any of her sweat but maybe she doesn't sweat?

I was highly disappointed. Maybe I will wear them just for LISS :( bummer.....

Do you mean size up?

Oops yes I meant size up! I'm glad they worked for you, hopefully I can just get a refund- I have too many leggings already :P

pbjnfit
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pbjnfit »

well wait idk wrote:
simplycourt11 wrote:

Do you mean size up?

sorry for the double post!!

I bought a pair and they fit at first. Kind of loose after 1st wash. They do not accept returns apparently. They also are not sweat proof or resistant to sweat, and I noticed that I kept hiking up the waist band during squats. They don't fit snug around waist band like lulu, but maybe should have sized down? I got a small............ :? Super annoying because they look great on Sami B when she wears them and you can't see any of her sweat but maybe she doesn't sweat?

cat29
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cat29 »

I've definitely started liking Gymshark a lot more since Ben's videos. It's so impressive how they've grown and the maturity/innovation on Ben's part. I have a few of their items and generally they're pretty good quality.

GluteActivation
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

pbjnfit wrote:

Really? They do accept returns, but I know only for certain timeframe after you purchase them. You can always try selling them on Poshmark! If you don't have an account, it's super easy to make one! You can get free shipping supplies delivered to your door, so you don't have to pay for anything! You can also have USPS come pick up your package at your front door, if it doesn't fit in your mailbox. You just have to schedule a pick up online

And yeah, I do find myself having to pull them up, but I don't mind that part because a lot of my leggings do that. I've never purchased from Lululemon though, so I really can't compare the two brands.

GluteActivation
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Oh God! Those gray Gymshark mesh leggings that just released are freaking hideous! I don't care for the purple either. The black and the blue aren't so bad. But those other two colors, why?

pbjnfit
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pbjnfit »

simplycourt11 wrote:
pbjnfit wrote:

Really? They do accept returns, but I know only for certain timeframe after you purchase them. You can always try selling them on Poshmark! If you don't have an account, it's super easy to make one! You can get free shipping supplies delivered to your door, so you don't have to pay for anything! You can also have USPS come pick up your package at your front door, if it doesn't fit in your mailbox. You just have to schedule a pick up online

And yeah, I do find myself having to pull them up, but I don't mind that part because a lot of my leggings do that. I've never purchased from Lululemon though, so I really can't compare the two brands.
Well I tried the Ptula leggings on, first I noticed that the color was WAYYY off. It was supposed to be bright pink, at least that is what the photo shows. And they are like a washed out purple color. Not even close. I was thinking well the color is OK but i want to see if I would order more so I did a workut and noticed the band was stretchy by the waist and then I saw a bunch of sweat. She said since I wore them I cannot return them. I was pretty upset at the time.

But I do have a poshmark, I think I might do that actually!! thank you!

I included what was the website's picture and my picture of me wearing them... you can see not the same color at all....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Healthyish85 »

oh wow, that's a HUGE difference in color! wtf!!

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”