Sam James

sikat
Learner
Learner

Re: Sam James

Post by sikat » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:53 pm

Any thoughts on her mental health video? Its fine that she wants to be vague about what caused her PTSD but I hate like giving vague ass details instead of just saying "yeah I don't really wanna talk about it." I'm just nosey though lol

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

treelee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by treelee » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:04 pm

sikat wrote:Any thoughts on her mental health video? Its fine that she wants to be vague about what caused her PTSD but I hate like giving vague ass details instead of just saying "yeah I don't really wanna talk about it." I'm just nosey though lol

I assumed it's the fatal dui her ex scott hisaka was responsible for. She wasn't involved, but I assume it's still traumatic. While I kind of think it's silly to not just say that's what caused it because it was pretty public, but on the other hand I get it, I probably wouldn't be able to talk about it and also out of respect to the guy who died... yeah. I couldn't recall the timeline of her relationship though. Did that overlap with the depression she talked about?

sikat
Learner
Learner

Post by sikat » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:06 pm

I really want to see the triathlon video. I don't know any other influencers who do that kind of stuff and it's impressive to complete one no matter how dead you feel after

sikat
Learner
Learner

Post by sikat » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:07 pm

treelee wrote:
sikat wrote:Any thoughts on her mental health video? Its fine that she wants to be vague about what caused her PTSD but I hate like giving vague ass details instead of just saying "yeah I don't really wanna talk about it." I'm just nosey though lol

I assumed it's the fatal dui her ex scott hisaka was responsible for. She wasn't involved, but I assume it's still traumatic. While I kind of think it's silly to not just say that's what caused it because it was pretty public, but on the other hand I get it, I probably wouldn't be able to talk about it and also out of respect to the guy who died... yeah. I couldn't recall the timeline of her relationship though. Did that overlap with the depression she talked about?
I thought about something with her ex maybe, but idk about the timeline. I don't really remember when the dui happened but that would make a lot of sense.

Informer
Informer

Post by 1998 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:09 am

No, it doesn't add up I think. Didn't she say the PTSD thing happened around January? The DUI was in August/September.

tomatoketchup
Talker
Talker

Post by tomatoketchup » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:59 am

It kinda sounds like she was in an abusive relationship last year. I am also hella nosy :?

V O L U M E
Informer
Informer

Post by V O L U M E » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:27 pm

I didn't watch her new video but she looks top heavy in the thumbnail.

dovahqueen
Learner
Learner

Post by dovahqueen » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:12 pm

V O L U M E wrote:I didn't watch her new video but she looks top heavy in the thumbnail.
She said she had been binge eating a lot. Her face looked really bloated.

YolandaWinston
Informer
Informer

Post by YolandaWinston » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:20 pm

So are her and Maryana not friends anymore?

ynzb
Talker
Talker

Post by ynzb » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:26 pm

I believe she moved to SD for school.

HoardganizedJen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by HoardganizedJen » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:28 pm

ynzb wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:26 pm
Is this the third time she's switched schools? What's with fitspos and transferring colleges??

ynzb
Talker
Talker

Post by ynzb » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:49 pm

I hate that I know this but wasn’t she taking classes at a CC? So she transferred to University of San Diego.

VonTrappJediMaster
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by VonTrappJediMaster » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:55 pm

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:28 pm
ynzb wrote:
Is this the third time she's switched schools? What's with fitspos and transferring colleges??
at least she's not dropping out to pursue a "youtube career"

HoardganizedJen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by HoardganizedJen » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:03 pm

ynzb wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:49 pm
I hate that I know this but wasn’t she taking classes at a CC? So she transferred to University of San Diego.
Omg, I thought SD referred to South Dakota. Shame on me for not questioning that. Who the fuck moves to South Dakota? :rofl:

Informer
Informer

Post by 1998 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:26 pm

I really wonder how much Women's Best and Gymshark pay their athletes. Sam is renting a house in San Diego. Not a dorm room, not a room in an apartment with roommates, no, a house by herself. Between that and her shopping at "nicer" grocery stores (Trader Joe's etc), eating out, having a dog, traveling, buying outfits, beauty treatments, her plastic surgery procedures and student loans they must be pretty generous.

VonTrappJediMaster
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by VonTrappJediMaster » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:06 pm

1998 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:26 pm
I really wonder how much Women's Best and Gymshark pay their athletes. Sam is renting a house in San Diego. Not a dorm room, not a room in an apartment with roommates, no, a house by herself. Between that and her shopping at "nicer" grocery stores (Trader Joe's etc), eating out, having a dog, traveling, buying outfits, beauty treatments, her plastic surgery procedures and student loans they must be pretty generous.
I'm sure her parents are well-off as well, which helps A LOT. I had to really try to stop comparing myself and my successes to people online because the majority of the time, these people come from privileged backgrounds. My family isnt rich, no one is super well off, a few of us have gone to college, so yea it's gonna be hard to kinda "make it" in the world. As opposed to these people who dont really have to work for much because their parents help them out with small loans of a million dollars

wilmadawn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:25 pm

VonTrappJediMaster wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:06 pm
1998 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:26 pm
I'm sure her parents are well-off as well, which helps A LOT. I had to really try to stop comparing myself and my successes to people online because the majority of the time, these people come from privileged backgrounds. My family isnt rich, no one is super well off, a few of us have gone to college, so yea it's gonna be hard to kinda "make it" in the world. As opposed to these people who dont really have to work for much because their parents help them out with small loans of a million dollars
yeah, I would bet a lot of them get a lot of help from their parents.

sikat
Learner
Learner

Post by sikat » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:48 pm

HoardganizedJen wrote:
ynzb wrote:
It's cause she transferred from out of state so that tends to be a disaster because California schools didn't accept all of her credits and then they wanted some credits she didn't have. So she went to community college and now she's at SD

Im_Procrastinating
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Im_Procrastinating » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:01 am

New man in her newest story? Looks cute and normal in comparison to her disgusting trash ex.

spilledmytea
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Post by spilledmytea » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:15 pm

Im_Procrastinating wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:01 am
New man in her newest story? Looks cute and normal in comparison to her disgusting trash ex.
Speaking of him, anyone got any updates on his vehicular homicide situation?

Smores
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by Smores » Fri May 31, 2019 11:57 am

Is Sam still friends with Maryana? I know they were supposed to move to SD together. Then the plans changed and Maryana didn’t end up moving and now it seems like they don’t keep in touch anymore. That went from 100 to 0 quickly!

All Hale To Kale
Talker
Talker

Post by All Hale To Kale » Fri May 31, 2019 1:22 pm

Am I the only one shocked GS hasn’t drppped her? She used to talk so much s#%t about them & her followers/growth I don’t think it’s veen that big...

tomatoketchup
Talker
Talker

Post by tomatoketchup » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:45 am

Smores wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:57 am
Is Sam still friends with Maryana? I know they were supposed to move to SD together. Then the plans changed and Maryana didn’t end up moving and now it seems like they don’t keep in touch anymore. That went from 100 to 0 quickly!
I've been racking my brains thinking of the right term for this, but they're all "fishbowl friends".
Like maryana and nikki have been suddenly acting like they're best friends lately and that's only because they live (probably) less than 10 minutes away

AddieB
Lurker
Lurker

Post by AddieB » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:13 pm

tomatoketchup wrote:
Smores wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:57 am
I've been racking my brains thinking of the right term for this, but they're all "fishbowl friends".
Like maryana and nikki have been suddenly acting like they're best friends lately and that's only because they live (probably) less than 10 minutes away

Also I believe at one point jasmine Garcia and maryana has a falling out (?) and now they’re friends again. Definitely fishbowl friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rancherobeans
Learner
Learner

Post by rancherobeans » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:04 pm

Ngl she is 100% body goals for me right now. I always think she looks the same in every post but if you scroll back through her Instagram you can see she’s made a ton of progress in the past few years. I wish she made more more in-depth/interesting content regarding her fitness/diet, but I get the sense she’s not that into “influencing” anymore, which is probably a good thing for her mental health/development as a person lol...she seems like she has other stuff going for her, so good for her! (Sorry for the lack of snark, I actually really like her)

Return to “Fitness Influencers”