wawa
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sam James

Post by wawa »

I'm not a mod but it was requested!

I like Sam, but I can see why others would not. She can definitely be boring, but I like the content she talks about even if it takes 20 minutes to get her point across. She seems "real" compared to a lot of other "fitspos". I give her huge props for doing school and YouTube/SM even though she isn't that big.

prettyinpink4
Informer
Informer

Re: Sam James

Post by prettyinpink4 »

wawa wrote:I'm not a mod but it was requested!

I like Sam, but I can see why others would not. She can definitely be boring, but I like the content she talks about even if it takes 20 minutes to get her point across. She seems "real" compared to a lot of other "fitspos". I give her huge props for doing school and YouTube/SM even though she isn't that big.
i like her too, i think she has a good body and i think she's pretty. not to be shallow, but if she didn't have either of those two, I am not sure I could stick around to watch her dragged out kind of borrrrrrring videos. she just graduated university of Delaware, i really hope she gets a regular job especially being a new graduate, and she can do social media on the side.

Susperna
Informer
Informer

Post by Susperna »

I don't have anything bad to say against her. Sure I can see how some people might find her voice boring but I don't mind as much. I feel like she is a smart enough girl who likes to train but it is not her entire life and she is one of the few fitspos that I believe truly struggles with anxiety. She also gets plus points for being vegan :P . In the past and even now she often pointed out issues with the industry and she isn't afraid to say her piece which I respect. She will never be my fave just because she lacks the personality or the informative content but I'll tune in every now and then. Her body is also attainable and I feel like she isn't fake about it meaning she isn't posing too much or showing off...

krg123xx
Learner
Learner

Post by krg123xx »

prettyinpink4 wrote:
wawa wrote:I'm not a mod but it was requested!

i like her too, i think she has a good body and i think she's pretty. not to be shallow, but if she didn't have either of those two, I am not sure I could stick around to watch her dragged out kind of borrrrrrring videos. she just graduated university of Delaware, i really hope she gets a regular job especially being a new graduate, and she can do social media on the side.
She didn't graduate, she is transferring to a community college in California!

I love her too. She is one of the only "fitspos" that I watch on YouTube/care about.

prettyinpink4
Informer
Informer

Post by prettyinpink4 »

^^^^ ohhhh -- my mistake.. i guess cali is where you have to be nowadays lol .. I figured she graduated because she said something about her last finals a few weeks ago I imagined she was done

whodunitt
Informer
Informer

Post by whodunitt »

i love sam as well but she does like to hear herself talk

alliezee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alliezee »

Sam is one of the few fitspos I still really enjoy. She's pretty much the only one who will be honest about gymshark pieces and say what's wrong with them, I respected her a lot for her video about why she wanted to cut and I found it really relatable, she seems genuine and like someone I'd be friends with: I like her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wilmadawn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn »

i don't follow her much but i dont have anything bad to say about her. plus shes vegan so i cant hate on her. <3

vegains_tm
Talker
Talker

Post by vegains_tm »

I love Sam. :love2: Sometimes I watch her longer videos sped up a little because she has the tendency to ramble but that's about it!

However, did anyone else catch her (insta or snap I forget which one) story where she mentioned she had to get an MRI for a possible brain tumor? :? I hope everything is okay with her....

Timelydisguise
Talker
Talker

Post by Timelydisguise »

I love her! She has this dry sense of humor that really gets me haha
She's really pretty, has a nice body and seems cool and smart. The way she speaks doesn't bother me at all. She also seems to have this realness about her.

wawa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wawa »

vegains_tm wrote:I love Sam. :love2: Sometimes I watch her longer videos sped up a little because she has the tendency to ramble but that's about it!

However, did anyone else catch her (insta or snap I forget which one) story where she mentioned she had to get an MRI for a possible brain tumor? :? I hope everything is okay with her....
Woah I did not see the part about a brain tumor. I saw she was getting an MRI with contrast but didn't see or hear why. I hope she's okay.

vegains_tm
Talker
Talker

Post by vegains_tm »

wawa wrote:
vegains_tm wrote:I love Sam. :love2: Sometimes I watch her longer videos sped up a little because she has the tendency to ramble but that's about it!

Woah I did not see the part about a brain tumor. I saw she was getting an MRI with contrast but didn't see or hear why. I hope she's okay.
It was when she was getting stitches out I believe and that's why she had to get an MRI. She seemed super casual about it so hopefully it was nothing....

vegains_tm
Talker
Talker

Post by vegains_tm »

Update:

Looks like everything is okay with her for the time being!

deenotdie
Learner
Learner

Post by deenotdie »

I love Sam, her dry humour is always welcome on my otherwise sacharine fitness guru insta feed. plus her dog Bruce is the best lol i love her captions on the bruce account she made

Lurkosaurus Rex
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lurkosaurus Rex »

does anyone know if sam passed her NASM exam? she took the test back in december or something but then never mentioned whether she passed or fails. and recently she mentioned getting certified. is the NASM exam really that hard? she doesn't seem like she would fail, but maybe she's not as knowledgeable as she seems.

waffle_luver5
Informer
Informer

Post by waffle_luver5 »

Lurkosaurus Rex wrote:does anyone know if sam passed her NASM exam? she took the test back in december or something but then never mentioned whether she passed or fails. and recently she mentioned getting certified. is the NASM exam really that hard? she doesn't seem like she would fail, but maybe she's not as knowledgeable as she seems.
NASM isn't that hard if you study the right stuff, but it is definitely really heavy in the anatomy department and a lot of memorization. But definitely doable, and it was "easier" for me/I didn't need to study as much because of base knowledge I already had. Definitely one of the more difficult certifications to get though and I wouldn't have passed if I didn't study the exact material in the textbook.

Lurkosaurus Rex
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lurkosaurus Rex »

waffle_luver5 wrote:
Lurkosaurus Rex wrote:does anyone know if sam passed her NASM exam? she took the test back in december or something but then never mentioned whether she passed or fails. and recently she mentioned getting certified. is the NASM exam really that hard? she doesn't seem like she would fail, but maybe she's not as knowledgeable as she seems.
NASM isn't that hard if you study the right stuff, but it is definitely really heavy in the anatomy department and a lot of memorization. But definitely doable, and it was "easier" for me/I didn't need to study as much because of base knowledge I already had. Definitely one of the more difficult certifications to get though and I wouldn't have passed if I didn't study the exact material in the textbook.
interesting...maybe she did fail then. i'm studying right now, but i just started so i'm still in the ridiculously easy sections

Wannahealth
Talker
Talker

Post by Wannahealth »

I like her and think she's very pretty, but I have to speed up her vid by 1.5x otherwise will fall asleep after 1 min

whodunitt
Informer
Informer

Post by whodunitt »

Lurkosaurus Rex wrote:
waffle_luver5 wrote:
interesting...maybe she did fail then. i'm studying right now, but i just started so i'm still in the ridiculously easy sections
tip fro me to you, there's a forum on body building.com that helps tell you exactly what to study.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthre ... =135250931

wawa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wawa »

Lurkosaurus Rex wrote:
waffle_luver5 wrote:
She actually said that she did fail it, but I think it was due to bad timing because she had been studying for finals at the same time and wasn't prepared. She hasn't mentioned retaking it yet, but I think she said she was going to take her time preparing this time around.

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”