Abby Pollock

ga7ba
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Abby Pollock

Post by ga7ba »

Y'all got gossip on her? I want to like her but she's kinda uptight. I do like that she researches extensively before talking about anything, but also is she even certified to be coaching others lol?

alliezee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Abby Pollock

Post by alliezee »

I hate the term, but it fits - she is SO EXTRA. I think in the way Whitney can be over enthusiastic, I think Abby can be way... overexerted. She acts like a know-it-all and I really just can't get behind her content.
I'm putting her cellulite video on in the background -

I hAAAAATE that she uses click bait words like "fat burning workout!" and "get rid of cellulite!" to get views. It's tacky and regardless of the content of the videos, she's RIGHT THERE perpetuating bad advice.

Next, she dresses awfully, like a fifteen year old who just discovered forever 21

she just reminds me of that one know it all girl we're all friends with on facebook who thinks she's the epitome of fitness guru.

I'm also just in general sick of the FOCUS ON YOUR GLUTES GLUTES GLUTES THEYRE THE ONLY MUSCLE GROUP GLUTESSSSSS movement. THERE ARE MORE MUSCLE GROUPS

alliezee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alliezee »

And now i'm annoyed that she did a "fixing common deadlift mistakes" videos, showing stiff leg dead lifts lmao girl bye

alwayshangry
Learner
Learner

Post by alwayshangry »

I can't listen to her talk. I know she can't help her voice but I also don't like the tone she uses in videos. It sounds scripted and as others have said, know-it-allish. Additionally, I am having a hard time to find any certifications or anything that she would have to be qualified to be giving out advice this way. She tries to make it sound like she has a PhD in exercise science or something.

Also, I am just now seeing that she used to do bikini comps. Girl was lean af back in the day

Catyogurttasteflavor
Debater
Debater

Post by Catyogurttasteflavor »

I tried getting into Abby mostly because she's Canadian and from Toronto (like me!). The Sanremo bakery she went to in one of her vlogs is 5 min from where I live. After hearing her admit that she doesn't follow her own advice, it's been hard to take her seriously. And as someone who is still pretty new to lifting, I'm afraid that I absorbed some of that bro-science at first.

boogerandgugs
Stalker
Stalker

Post by boogerandgugs »

I really liked her when I first found her on Instagram maybe...2 years ago? Back when fitness was her hobby instead of her job. I was super excited to find a fellow ginger who was into lifting and bodybuilding, because it gets a little old only having tanned blondes/brunettes in the scene. The reality is that naturally pale bodies do show muscle and fat distribution differently and it was nice to see that for a change (with the exception of her spray tan for her competition(s), though she still looked banging.)

I know she's said that she was really depressed and disordered a couple years ago, which I'm not at all trying to support, but I did like her content a lot more. I think she's one of the many cases of a fitness persona who lost their intrigue when they became a full-time "influencer" or "online trainer."

The thing that ultimately made me distance myself from her content was when she started getting a little "shame-y" about girls showing their bodies online/on stage. Female bodybuilding is over-sexualized in many ways, but the way she spoke about it just didn't sit right with me and came across kind of insecure and slut-shaming for lack of a better term. :| But I recognize that's more my values not aligning with hers than anything to do with her actual content.

ga7ba
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ga7ba »

Same Im from Toronto too! I was kinda proud that she's UofT alumni since that's where I go lol, but sadly she's annoying af. Is anyone apart of her fb group? It's a cute group for the most part but some ppl act like Abby is a godsend, like she does fitness videos its not that deep lol

thattwistedlife
Learner
Learner

Post by thattwistedlife »

Most... grating... annoying... presence... ever.
I just can't deal sorry to say.

cat29
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cat29 »

Its not even her lisp, I didn't even notice that she had one. Its just the obnoxious way she talks with her fucking irritating voice and the dumb faces she makes looking around with over exaggerated mouths. Ugh. I can't hate watch her because it's too unbearable.

bunnybunnybunny
Debater
Debater

Post by bunnybunnybunny »

She's a bit annoying but I find her videos more helpful than not.

slothlyfe
Learner
Learner

Post by slothlyfe »

Catyogurttasteflavor wrote:I tried getting into Abby mostly because she's Canadian and from Toronto (like me!). The Sanremo bakery she went to in one of her vlogs is 5 min from where I live. After hearing her admit that she doesn't follow her own advice, it's been hard to take her seriously. And as someone who is still pretty new to lifting, I'm afraid that I absorbed some of that bro-science at first.
Wait, what?! ...She said she doesn't follow her own advice??

Catyogurttasteflavor
Debater
Debater

Post by Catyogurttasteflavor »

slothlyfe wrote:
Catyogurttasteflavor wrote:I tried getting into Abby mostly because she's Canadian and from Toronto (like me!). The Sanremo bakery she went to in one of her vlogs is 5 min from where I live. After hearing her admit that she doesn't follow her own advice, it's been hard to take her seriously. And as someone who is still pretty new to lifting, I'm afraid that I absorbed some of that bro-science at first.
Sorry, it was more like, "Do I follow my own advice/practice what I preach? Not always."

I can't remember which video it was in but it's there. It's hard to take someone seriously when they say we should do things when they don't do it themselves, like Bucci (except I'd take Abby over Bucci).

I've always wondered how someone can operate a big FB group and coach them all without it being in person.

slothlyfe
Learner
Learner

Post by slothlyfe »

Catyogurttasteflavor wrote:
slothlyfe wrote:
Sorry, it was more like, "Do I follow my own advice/practice what I preach? Not always."

I can't remember which video it was in but it's there. It's hard to take someone seriously when they say we should do things when they don't do it themselves, like Bucci (except I'd take Abby over Bucci).

I've always wondered how someone can operate a big FB group and coach them all without it being in person.
Ohh ok - thank you for clearing that up! For a second there I thought she meant she tells everyone to do one thing and then does something else. I could see not "always" following what you know is best... I know that veggies are important, and would advise anyone to eat lots... but can I honestly say I eat tons of veggies every day? No lol. But then again health and fitness aren't my job.

whodunitt
Informer
Informer

Post by whodunitt »

Her channel is growing so fast. I want to say I found her a month or two ago and she only had 100,000 or so subs, now she has over 233,000! (my math could be wrong) but she does have so much growth in such a short period of time!

it irks me too because the advice she gives out really isn't true. I've said it before but she preys on people who want to "lose your love handles!" "get rid of cellulite!" and that's just not how it works.

If you read her comment section you can gauge that a lot of her audience are older women who don't really know how to workout (b/c it wasn't cool back then for women to lift weights) and she uses that to her advantage.

candlepants
Informer
Informer

Post by candlepants »

Catyogurttasteflavor wrote:
Do you mean TransformNation or is there another? I actually admire how she comments so often and keeps track of that facebook group, it takes a lot of time to do that so often. I admire how hard she hustles and works with the subscription thing she does, except the bloody "free look" she does on her website is absolute bullcrap and then she got my email so i had to unsub quickly and block it, don't wish to get harassed thanks.

I actually like Abby but can't handle her snaps anymore the way she talks just feels very higher-than-thou know it all sort of style and I'm 100% over it. I like her videos, I find them quite informative and while it's all glutes-glutes-glutes!!!!!! GLUTES EVERY DAAYY beside that she has good pointers. That deadlift video was bullshit it covered like 2 issues? And issues nobody asking someone to check their form for 2 reps wouldn't point out for free.

Since her glutes blew up on social media I feel it's gotten to her head a bit. Something has changed. Can't quite pinpoint it but she's riding this fame wave best she can, and that's cool, but the glutes focus is really getting under my skin. Otherwise she's a lovely girl she comes across so harmless and she does work so hard. I'd take her over most other fitness youtubers any day

candlepants
Informer
Informer

Post by candlepants »

Oh and her clickbait thumbnails irk me. That "get lean trick" thumbnail is her arching her ass out until her back is about to break and probably in comp prep mode, and then the booty ones are her in ordinary light with camera phone in bathroom vs most likely photoshopped if not at the least perfect lighting and DSLR camera photo :roll:

Just stop Abby.

Im_Procrastinating
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Im_Procrastinating »

Just saw this, she went on The Dr's to get an ultrasound to prove that her ass is real... WTF?!?
I don't know why but this made me cringe so much. :?

ga7ba
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ga7ba »

Im_Procrastinating wrote:

Just saw this, she went on The Dr's to get an ultrasound to prove that her ass is real... WTF?!?
I don't know why but this made me cringe so much. :?
Exactly. Abby sit down your ass isn't that famous like Kim Ks that you need an ultrasound. And everyone on her fb group was hyping her up as if she's a celeb. Lately Abby is totally annoying me. I'm starting to see what everyone is saying that she sounds condescending.

Lurkosaurus Rex
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lurkosaurus Rex »

her butt looks so small in that video?? i would've rather seen nikki or katy on that show who actually still have decent butts when they're not posing.

Post by Guest »

Girl is good at capitalizing on clickbait / top fitness topics. Once she runs out of those ideas her 15 minutes of YT fame is done.

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”