My Cleaning & Organization Schedule + Tips for a Clean Home!

oxprincessxo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: My Cleaning & Organization Schedule + Tips for a Clean H

Post by oxprincessxo »

I didn't like it during the tips part of the video when she said memories are in your heart and not in your stuff and then tied it back to Sheridan. Something about that seemed weird to me. Maybe it's just the difference in my personality for hers, but I would never, ever throw away or give away things that remind me of someone I lost. I'm sure part of that is just me being defensive because I have been hoarding certain sentimental items that I know over time will be compounded and take over my space, but for now it's just in two shoe boxes (aside from clothing items or fragrances and stuff.) I definitely get what she's saying, but I dunno, that left an unpleasant taste in my mouth. I guess it was just a bit odd to me that she won't purge her makeup and stuff but she will purge things that have a genuine sentimental attachment to her. I'm probably just being sensitive, ha. I'm not at all implying she didn't care for Sheridan or she isn't grieving about her still because we all grieve in very different ways, but I don't think she should have said to the masses that, essentially, it's not worth it to keep things that bring back good memories because then you're a disorganized slob.

Post by Guest »

This video actually had very useful substance to it. If she keeps this up I will start regularly watching her videos again. I'm not a super clean freak but I do go through spurts of obsessive cleaning when I'm in the mood. I thought her tips were great.

On the topic of getting rid of items you're attached to, I think it's all subjective. I totally understood what she meant. Having an emotional attachment to objects can be unhealthy (to a certain degree) for some people. I don't see anything wrong with keeping a few items of a lost loved one, but some people will hold on to everything , in which case it makes sense to get rid of (when you're emotionally ready).

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

oxprincessxo wrote:I didn't like it during the tips part of the video when she said memories are in your heart and not in your stuff and then tied it back to Sheridan. Something about that seemed weird to me. Maybe it's just the difference in my personality for hers, but I would never, ever throw away or give away things that remind me of someone I lost. I'm sure part of that is just me being defensive because I have been hoarding certain sentimental items that I know over time will be compounded and take over my space, but for now it's just in two shoe boxes (aside from clothing items or fragrances and stuff.) I definitely get what she's saying, but I dunno, that left an unpleasant taste in my mouth. I guess it was just a bit odd to me that she won't purge her makeup and stuff but she will purge things that have a genuine sentimental attachment to her. I'm probably just being sensitive, ha. I'm not at all implying she didn't care for Sheridan or she isn't grieving about her still because we all grieve in very different ways, but I don't think she should have said to the masses that, essentially, it's not worth it to keep things that bring back good memories because then you're a disorganized slob.
To be fair, she said she is keeping a matching outfit they had. I wouldn't keep a huge shopping trip's worth of clothes that don't fit me anymore either if I were her.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

She has Teddy :? She got him from Sheridan. Every time she looks at her dog it is a reminder. She won't forget her friend just bc she doesn't keep everything. My ex boyfriend was in a car accident and went thru the same thing Sheridan did only he survived his coma. We were together for a long time but had broken up at the time of the accident. I kept things he gave me for years but this last year I decided to let some things go. You can't hang onto everything. It's not healthy.

tepu
Informer
Informer

Post by tepu »

I quite liked the video. After I finished watching it, I had to clean my room :D thanks Blair!

whatgoesaround
Learner
Learner

Post by whatgoesaround »

Yeah I agree with the consensus - Blair, your YT niche is definitely lifestyle. Beauty and fashion don't really come off as authentic. But the lifestyle kind of stuff - cooking, maintaining a home, entertaining, daily vlogging.. she seems to find genuine enjoyment in that stuff so its more fun for the viewer.

Her cleaning/organization habits I've always found slightly OCD personality type, so even if I might not follow this kind of routine to the letter, I think the tips were good. The clean hamper especially because I'm always pulling different pieces out of the closet, trying them, and they just end up thrown on the bed.

One thing I have found kind of annoying that her and Elle don't really let their viewers know, is one of the reasons they are able to keep their living spaces so clean and streamlined? They both pay for storage facilities. So they don't have to find places in the house to store all their stuff. And they both have a LOT of stuff. Until I really thought about it, I was always frustrated with trying to wrap my mind around getting my room as clean as theirs.

Daphne
Learner
Learner

Post by Daphne »

She often order food but never eats them, and has to clean the refrigerator to throw out all these food on a weekly basis?!
Does she know how many people in this world are starving, with no food?
Am I the only person who's bothered by this?

Sophia1st

Post by Sophia1st »

Daphne wrote:She often order food but never eats them, and has to clean the refrigerator to throw out all these food on a weekly basis?!
What do you expect from her? Shes an idiot.

clandestine
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clandestine »

Daphne wrote:She often order food but never eats them, and has to clean the refrigerator to throw out all these food on a weekly basis?!
I get where you are coming from but it also seems like you are fishing for something to complain about. Lots of restaurants nowadays give extremely large portions with their meals. Not everyone can eat all of it. At least she is taking it home and attempting to eat it at a later point. Just because she may not get through all of her left overs doesn't mean she is some terrible person that doesn't think about starving child. Good god. Like you've never not finished a meal.

Post by Guest »

I don't know how many times I take home food I couldn't finish at the restaurant but then not end up eating it at home. It happens. A lot. Sometimes that stuff just tastes terrible reheated, or we forget it's in there.

cat13
Lurker
Lurker

Post by cat13 »

whatgoesaround wrote:Yeah I agree with the consensus - Blair, your YT niche is definitely lifestyle. Beauty and fashion don't really come off as authentic. But the lifestyle kind of stuff - cooking, maintaining a home, entertaining, daily vlogging.. she seems to find genuine enjoyment in that stuff so its more fun for the viewer.

Her cleaning/organization habits I've always found slightly OCD personality type, so even if I might not follow this kind of routine to the letter, I think the tips were good. The clean hamper especially because I'm always pulling different pieces out of the closet, trying them, and they just end up thrown on the bed.

One thing I have found kind of annoying that her and Elle don't really let their viewers know, is one of the reasons they are able to keep their living spaces so clean and streamlined? They both pay for storage facilities. So they don't have to find places in the house to store all their stuff. And they both have a LOT of stuff. Until I really thought about it, I was always frustrated with trying to wrap my mind around getting my room as clean as theirs.
I think Blair did mention something about having a storage back in one of her vlogs the last time she re-did her room

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

They do mention storage facilities occasionally so I don't think it's something they're trying to hide, but probably just forget. It's not exactly a dirty little secret to have a storage spot.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

Eating leftover food instead of tossing it out doesn't help give food to starving people :? That argument makes no sense.

Also, anyone who figures out a way to make a living off sponsored YT videos isn't an idiot. Idc what anyone thinks these two aren't stupid. It's all an act.

Daphne
Learner
Learner

Post by Daphne »

clandestine wrote:
I get where you are coming from but it also seems like you are fishing for something to complain about. Lots of restaurants nowadays give extremely large portions with their meals. Not everyone can eat all of it. At least she is taking it home and attempting to eat it at a later point. Just because she may not get through all of her left overs doesn't mean she is some terrible person that doesn't think about starving child. Good god. Like you've never not finished a meal.
I can honestly say that I don't throw food away, this is a rule in my family.
I don't throw out "5 different meals" on a weekly basis like Blair do.

Daphne
Learner
Learner

Post by Daphne »

baconpancakes wrote:Eating leftover food instead of tossing it out doesn't help give food to starving people :? That argument makes no sense.
No it won't help starving people by eating leftover food, but she should appreciate her food more because they are many people in this world with very little food.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

There are far worse things happening on this planet. If it bothers you than maybe you should do something proactive like donating your time to a foodbank instead of coming here.

clandestine
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clandestine »

So you eat food even if its gone bad? Yeah I bet.
And jeez its not hard to tell she was generalizing when giving the number 5. Don't take everything everyone says to be solid fact.

Daphne
Learner
Learner

Post by Daphne »

Yeah unless the food has gone bad than you should throw it away, but she throws away good food on a weekly basis? Or she just never eats them, and wait until they gone bad then throw them away? What's the logic behind this?
It's simple, just eat the food before they gone bad!
Also, the way she talks about she throws away food on a weekly basis like it's a totally okay thing to do, and there are those little girls think Blair is their "role model"?

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

I really don't think it's a big deal that she throws out some food. It makes no difference to the starving people in this world if she eats her leftover meal or if she throws it away, either way they still aren't eating.
It could seem excessive to have to go through your fridge on a weekly basis throwing out food you haven't eaten, maybe she should buy less food or buy her food when she needs it rather than doing a big weekly shop. In my first year of uni I didn't have a car so went food shopping once a week and always bought way too much and ended up throwing out tons of stuff, when I had a car in my following years I just went to tesco when I needed something so I was never throwing away good food.

paintmedance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paintmedance »

Actually I agree, it really pisses me off that she throws out so much food (at uni I just happened to have had a lecture on sustainability, consumerism, and waste the morning I watched that video). I can never finish my portions either but I always eat them the next day or have someone else eat it. Of course we can't always help chucking food but the way she acted like it was something she just couldn't help really irritated me. If you're regularly throwing out so many meals, something has to change!

Return to “juicystar07”