My Cleaning & Organization Schedule + Tips for a Clean Home!

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

My Cleaning & Organization Schedule + Tips for a Clean Home!

Post by Arielle »

[youtube][/youtube]

I liked this video. Lots of good tips, and watching cleaning/organizational videos always gets me in the mood to clean :P

She looks really fresh and pretty in this video. Looks like she did her brows differently. Looks good. And I like the background, very calming.

I didn't even mind the Audible plug. At least her mention of it made more sense than Elle's Audible mention in her recipe video :roll: I've been using Audible for about 2 years or so and I love it :)

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: My Cleaning & Organization Schedule + Tips for a Clean H

Post by an0n »

I don't know why all these gurus but particularly Elle and Blair always have to do overly unnecessary things like make a pretty cleaning schedule and frame it. Sure I had one when I lived with 5 others in college but that was more of a who is responsible for what not like a reminder of how to clean. I now live alone and have for the past 3 years and I clean regularly but certainly don't need a chart to remind me of obvious things like wipe up spills and unload dishwasher (well if I had one :cry:).

But I agree about the audible plug that was less sly and way more appropriate. I don't mind them plugging things its more about when I feel like I'm being manipulated and having it snuck in.

thebluestlight
Talker
Talker

Post by thebluestlight »

I liked the video, she was talking about something she knows and ( i think) likes to do.
I'm still living with my parents so I really can't benefit from the list she gave out, but i think it's inspirational and she showed that she can do "big grown ups things" even if she's still very young.
English is not my first language, sorry for any mistakes (:

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

an0n wrote:I don't know why all these gurus but particularly Elle and Blair always have to do overly unnecessary things like make a pretty cleaning schedule and frame it. Sure I had one when I lived with 5 others in college but that was more of a who is responsible for what not like a reminder of how to clean. I now live alone and have for the past 3 years and I clean regularly but certainly don't need a chart to remind me of obvious things like wipe up spills and unload dishwasher (well if I had one :cry:).

But I agree about the audible plug that was less sly and way more appropriate. I don't mind them plugging things its more about when I feel like I'm being manipulated and having it snuck in.
I'm ashamed to say that I lived alone for 2 years and laminated a daily/weekly cleaning schedule that I made super pretty haha like, mine was prettier looking than hers :P but it was just to keep myself on track, I'm a procrastinator. I glued magnets to the back and kept it on my fridge so it would remind me every time I walked by it that there's probably something I could be doing.

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

Not going to lie, I scoffed at the idea of this video when I first saw it in my sub box and when she said she had a printed out scehdule of her chores I thought it was ridiculous. Then I looked at my room and thought maybe she's on to something. I might follow her daily schedule for a bit and see if it makes a difference. I usually let my room get really messy, then spend hours cleaning, tidy and organising only for it to go back to a bomb site just weeks later. I don't think I'll be framing my schedule though.
I thought she looked especially good in this video, I loved her make up and her jumper.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

More of this Blair! She really got me with this video bc I do a lot of the same things. I actually have a cleaning list on my phone but it's not quite that in-depth and I've been in the same apartment for so long now I prob don't need it.

Her makeup/hair/sweater was really pretty tho & Teddy was so chilled out it was really cute. The Audible mention wasn't that bad either and despite things w Elle, I didn't mind her mentioning it tbh. I'd be more likely to listen to a book while baking prob bc you can listen to it while your food is cooking. Waiting for cookies to bake is annoying.

One tip that helps me is to take a basket and go around gathering all the random stuff sitting out (for me it's nail polish, cat toys, books etc) then clean the surfaces and sort the things in the basket to where they belong. If you do it every day it only takes a few minutes instead of spending a whole afternoon.

tinyblue
Informer
Informer

Post by tinyblue »

FINALLY a useful video by blair (and elle for that matter). I actually watched the whole thing and really liked the ideas, and the audible mention wasnt that bad because it made complete sense to use it in that instance. Im definitely going to use the clean clothes hamper idea.

lurkerdoodle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkerdoodle »

Aside from the cruise hiatus, Blair has actually been on a streak of good videos. I'm impressed.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

The only thing I found suspicious was that Bspatrol said something about them being able to deduct their offices/spare room off their taxes bc they "work from home". I said maybe not bc it's also a guest room. Now she has gotten rid of the bed. I know she changes furniture all the time so idk but that is a bit of a coincidence...

telle0x
Informer
Informer

Post by telle0x »

I am a very clean and tidy person. I also make to-do lists and like keeping organized. But I find this video excessive and neurotic. Some of her tips are good but she seems very obsessed, it almost makes me sad.

blahness
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by blahness »

I like the idea of the video but I got annoyed with the Audible book or w/e advertising she kept doing and I hate when all Youtubers do that... We get it they reach out to yalls but maybe we dont want to read? or maybe we like to own actual books... not EVERY youtubers has to say the same thing over and over and hint it into there videos

BestFootForward
Informer
Informer

Post by BestFootForward »

telle0x wrote:I am a very clean and tidy person. I also make to-do lists and like keeping organized. But I find this video excessive and neurotic. Some of her tips are good but she seems very obsessed, it almost makes me sad.
Haha I know, it makes me feel like I am gross. Like, I don't clean my oven every week (was it every month? either way I don't lol), just wipe down the front. Maybe she meant stove? Or maybe I'm more (too?) relaxed about that type of thing.

Anyways, I think this is a good video for young people. It didn't really benefit me much since I've lived in my own apartment for 6 years, so I've got it handled. But I remember being responsible for an entire home was daunting at first. And she reminded me I really should throw my comforters in the wash! :)

I FF'd through the audible plug. boooo

Violetta
Learner
Learner

Post by Violetta »

A pretty good video from Blair.. nothing helpful to me, I'm only responsible for keeping my room clean and don't need a printed schedule for that. The audible plugs always make me cringe (unless the person is just upfront about it.) I just roll my eyes when you can tell they're looking for a way to discreetly plug something like "I can't clean and watch tv (understandable) or listen to music (why?) so I listen to my audio-book-check-out-audible.com-get-a-free-book" Yeah okay, I can't listen to books while I'm cleaning, I won't comprehend anything.

Giulietta87
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Giulietta87 »

I'm sorry, but I really don't think that she cleans her whole condo on her own but gets it done by somebody else. She always says that she's too busy *working* to put up videos, but she has time to deep clean her place ???? :?

paintmedance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paintmedance »

In uni halls last year, we had a piece of paper stuck to the fridge that said "IF YOU MAKE A MESS CLEAN IT UP BITCH" but... yeah. Not quite a cleaning rota. I quite liked this video.

telle0x
Informer
Informer

Post by telle0x »

By the time these girls get ready in the morning ("morning skincare routine") and "deep clean" their house, it must be 6pm before they are ready to go and do anything. No wonder they are always too "busy" to put up videos! haha

yrrebyllil
Informer
Informer

Post by yrrebyllil »

These kinds of cleaning schedules are cute and a good idea in theory, but let's be real. Of Anyone that's working or going to school full time, who has the time or energy to clean every morning and night? I barely have time to eat breakfast let alone make my bed, organize my dresser/vanity, clean the bathroom sink, and unload the dishwasher. Maybe during the summer or one weekend a month, but definitely not everyday. She has the luxury of working from home so she can spend all day cleaning, but most of her viewers are in school.

gillespiebaby
Lurker
Lurker

Post by gillespiebaby »

Did anyone else notice when she was talking about how she's grown since high school? I think she probably was trying to hint that her boobs have grown since she started making videos and that she hasn't gotten a boob job. I think she didn't want to say it out loud but that's what she was implying. I personally don't think she did get one- but I could be wrong I guess

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

gillespiebaby wrote:Did anyone else notice when she was talking about how she's grown since high school? I think she probably was trying to hint that her boobs have grown since she started making videos and that she hasn't gotten a boob job. I think she didn't want to say it out loud but that's what she was implying. I personally don't think she did get one- but I could be wrong I guess
Yeah, that's what I thought she was implying as well.

clandestine
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clandestine »

Personally I think she was just saying her body grew. My body grew, definitely not my boobs though. I still weigh the same amount somehow, but my body itself is bigger and wouldn't be able to fit into my high school clothes.

Return to “juicystar07”