[youtube][/youtube]

TeamCupcakes
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bright Eyes + Bold Lips Fall Makeup Tutorial

Post by TeamCupcakes »

it looks like her everyday makeup but with a slightly darker lip I am just basing if off the thumbnail not different enough from her everyday to make me watch

TeamCupcakes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TeamCupcakes »

she seems to putting up a lot more videos lately and and non sponsored so props for that

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

She wears too much makeup. The amount of makeup she puts on rivals a drag queen.

savetheempire
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by savetheempire »

This tutorial makes her look about 5-7 years older than she actually is, which I guess is great if that's what you're going for. But you're only 20 once, you should probably try to look 20 (or however old she is) and not 27.

lurkerdoodle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkerdoodle »

It's not bad - no sponsored products, has a combination of high end and drugstore products, no obnoxious "Blair-isms," and no overpowering music. Her videos have gotten a lot more tolerable since her "break up" with Remi and the gang of "aspiring" actresses and socialites.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

savetheempire wrote:This tutorial makes her look about 5-7 years older than she actually is, which I guess is great if that's what you're going for. But you're only 20 once, you should probably try to look 20 (or however old she is) and not 27.
Yep. The visible dry shampoo in her hair is making it look really dull/grey and the lip colour screams older lady to me (don't really know exactly why but it always does) and the colour really isn't that bold IMO. Also we're used to seeing her with lower eyeliner and without it she also looks older.

But I am impressed that she's making an effort to put out more and less sponsored.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

an0n wrote:
But I am impressed that she's making an effort to put out more and less sponsored.
Don't be impressed. She's finally doing non-sponsored videos because her channel in July and August has gotten the lowest views in several years. She's panicking. Check her stats on socialblade. 2 million views per month now compared to 4 to 8 million in her heyday.

MayNavGirl
Learner
Learner

Post by MayNavGirl »

The white eyeliner is so off putting. She even MENTIONED a peachy color instead, but went for the obnoxious white type which is so obvious and looks awful on her. I hate the lipcolor with that white lipgloss. It looks awful. Why doesn't she just wear her normal black eyeliner (or tone it down with brown liner at the bottom), a light foundation or even bb cream, and some normal colored lipgloss? She looks so old.

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

MayNavGirl wrote:The white eyeliner is so off putting. She even MENTIONED a peachy color instead, but went for the obnoxious white type which is so obvious and looks awful on her. I hate the lipcolor with that white lipgloss. It looks awful. Why doesn't she just wear her normal black eyeliner (or tone it down with brown liner at the bottom), a light foundation or even bb cream, and some normal colored lipgloss? She looks so old.
Because her black eyeliner on the waterline that she wore in literally every video looked a little high schoolish. Everyone suggested she try not using it, and she switched to white instead. Personally, I use a skintone eyeliner, but I can see the appeal of the stark white to some - it looks kind of retro, but with a modern twist. I agree about the nude lipgloss over the dark lip - it kind of muddied up the lip colour.

prettylights92
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by prettylights92 »

I like the video a lot. But, that lip liner was bad. I hate the dark ruddy colors especially on younger people. I agree with everyone too, it would be nice to see her in light makeup, just even out her skin tone, and wear some mascara and gloss. I wonder if she does this look in real life everyday or just for videos. I couldn't imagine wearing that much makeup on a daily basis. I'd feel like I was in a dance recital lol.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

On the positive side, it was a quick video & it wasn't full of sponsored products or super annoying hyper voices. Good job Blair!

However... I really don't like those raisin-y browns she wears. Especially when she wears them glossy, it looks really 90's. If she went matte or maybe more black-ish red/plum, I think it would look much better & updated.

As for her waterline, I'd like to see her use an eggplant or a bronze colour. Or maybe lining the lashline & leave the waterline alone. Just bc ppl said they didn't like the black doesn't mean she has to go with white. I'd really like to see her do like a 50's kind of look (I'm hoping she sees this ;) ) Like a matte shadow w a cat eye & lashes etc. Or try a deep green or navy. She needs to switch it up a bit.

This makeup does make her look much older. Even I wouldn't wear this & I'm a bit older than Elle!

Return to “juicystar07”