Rachel Leary

kylizzle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Rachel Leary

Post by kylizzle »

Does anyone else watch this girl? I absolutely love her videos. There's something fresh/different about her! :tu:

Hazel
Informer
Informer

Re: Rachel Leary

Post by Hazel »

I've seen a few of her videos. I like her GRWMs and she seems very down to earth- and consistent with her uploads too :)

KCxo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by KCxo »

I like her too, but there's a few things about her that bug me. I'll be annoying and list them to see if anyone else agrees.

First thing is that she does too many repetitive eye looks and uses too many eyeshadows from different brands/palettes in one look which makes it really difficult for people to recreate.

She appears to photoshop her face in her thumbnails/instagram photos. In videos, you can see her face is larger/rounder and in photos it looks slimmer and angular - not achieved by angles or make-up.

Last thing, I know alot of YouTube beauty gurus are always tanned and have the whole "my foundation is darker than my face because it needs to match my body" speech, but would it kill this girl to do a couple videos without the tan and dark foundation?

Hazel
Informer
Informer

Post by Hazel »

In one of her videos, her face was a lot paler than the rest of her body, which I assume is down to fake tan, yet she claimed it was naturally like that as she 'exfoliates her face a lot' :?

KCxo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by KCxo »

Hazel wrote:In one of her videos, her face was a lot paler than the rest of her body, which I assume is down to fake tan, yet she claimed it was naturally like that as she 'exfoliates her face a lot' :?
I've noticed her saying that a few times. I think she fake tans her face when she initially applies the stuff, but because she exfoliates her face everyday, the tan washes off and she's left with her natural skin colour on her face but her body is still dark. It's weird to watch because she has nice skin and then cakes all that makeup on top :roll:

WhackyJackie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by WhackyJackie »

Used to love her and still do don't get me wrong , but her teeth throw me off so much , for someone who has over 300k subs you'd think that she would invest in one of those home teeth whitening kits , or get a professional to do it for her , its just that one thing that annoys me , cause it looks like she never brushes her teeth

KCxo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by KCxo »

Can this thread come alive ;)

She seems like a nice person but she always does the same things over and over. Dark foundation, white undereye highlight, contouring, highlighting and a nude lip with some sort of shimmery eye.

I've commented on a few of her videos requesting a pale/fair skin video where she does her makeup without tanning. A mini-series would be really popular, I think. "HOW TO: ______ on fair/pale skin." contour, highlight, eye looks, lip colours and so on.

Plus she has really nice smooth/clear skin and she cakes herself in all this makeup :roll:

kylizzle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kylizzle »

Some people just prefer heavy make-up I think. I have no spots and I cake myself, it's just how I feel comfortable lol, I guess she's the same. Although I must say, as this is rave thread, she seems really grateful for the opportunities she gets. Like the L'oreal meeting vlog.

littlemermaid2706
Lurker
Lurker

Post by littlemermaid2706 »

don't be fooled by this bitch, went to school with her and she literally is such a bully. everytime i see her on a night out, her makeup makes me cringe, and she's such a catfish she looks nothing like her instagrams in real life

KCxo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by KCxo »

littlemermaid2706 wrote:don't be fooled by this bitch, went to school with her and she literally is such a bully. everytime i see her on a night out, her makeup makes me cringe, and she's such a catfish she looks nothing like her instagrams in real life
Oh really? She seemed nice in her TMI tag video she did :? Guess some people are good at faking.

kylizzle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kylizzle »

littlemermaid2706 wrote:don't be fooled by this bitch, went to school with her and she literally is such a bully. everytime i see her on a night out, her makeup makes me cringe, and she's such a catfish she looks nothing like her instagrams in real life
Elaborate?! :O

I actually got a bitchy vibe from her in her TMI tag when she mentioned slapping someone once. I was like .... Why did you just say that on yt?!

secretsunloaded
Debater
Debater

Post by secretsunloaded »

Yes! I thought I was the only one who got a bitchy vibe from her.

I wish this thread was more active, as there's a recent collab video with "Hannah Renee" on Hannah's YT channel, they seem friendly together, but I was the only one who noticed Rachel's sly and bitchy comments. Like towards the end, Hannah was expressing her love for a lipstick and Rachel quickly interrupts like "you got lipstick on your teeth", you don't cut someone off like that. You listen first. Also the way she looks at her up and down. It makes Hannah look so small and pathetic.

Nevertheless, I love her videos and her warm eyeshadow looks, also why do people say she wears so much makeup on a MAKEUP channel. Logic guys?!

KCxo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by KCxo »

secretsunloaded wrote:Yes! I thought I was the only one who got a bitchy vibe from her.

I wish this thread was more active, as there's a recent collab video with "Hannah Renee" on Hannah's YT channel, they seem friendly together, but I was the only one who noticed Rachel's sly and bitchy comments. Like towards the end, Hannah was expressing her love for a lipstick and Rachel quickly interrupts like "you got lipstick on your teeth", you don't cut someone off like that. You listen first. Also the way she looks at her up and down. It makes Hannah look so small and pathetic.

Nevertheless, I love her videos and her warm eyeshadow looks, also why do people say she wears so much makeup on a MAKEUP channel. Logic guys?!
I would love to see more people on this thread too, but someone up above said it's a rave thread? I'm not sure, but I do like her content and think she's good at makeup application etc. I do wish she would try to change it up a little. She asks for suggestions all the time and I once commented asking for a tutorial where she works with her natural skin tone and she was like "yeah, maybe. im never not fake tanned though" so? Wear a high neck shirt to cover the tan?

LooneyT
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by LooneyT »

She's a cute girl, but I can't appreciate her makeup skillz because I'm so distracted by her DISGUSTING hands! I mean, moisturize and WASH YOUR HANDS after applying, for goodness sake. They are always a combination of pinky pale and crusty brown, where the tanner got into the dry patches.

scalesfishnails
Informer
Informer

Post by scalesfishnails »

Personally I feel like she comes across as such a bitchy nasty person. In the tmi video and in the vlogs, especially when she's talking to her mother. Grim

randomrandomgal
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by randomrandomgal »

She lives in my town and she is definitely not a nice person, I wouldn't say she is a catfish, she looks quite similar (a lot slimmer in real life) but the sense of entitlement is something else

mich_iam
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mich_iam »

First of all, for someone who does makeup as a “job” she needs to take a long hard look at herself. Her fake tan hands are shocking. Doesn’t exfoliate them before applying her tan clearly. I always think she wears darker makeup which is a bit too dark for her skin tone?

Agreeing with someone else’s comment previously in that she uses too many different palette colours for one look which makes it impossible to recreate sometimes.

The accents she keeps putting on when she’s doing the videos as well. Please stop.

Return to “Rachel Leary”