Stephanie Nicole

Msdebym76
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Stephanie Nicole

Post by Msdebym76 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:28 pm

mahnoor_wahab wrote:I really like her reviews. She goes in detail about the product and really knows her stuff. Especially about brushes. I learnt alot from her about brushes in general. However, I don't like her personality that much. She has a tendency to come off as self-righteous at times. Even though she talks against entitlement and rudeness, she tends to act a little self-righteous and it is especially showing through in this Jeffree Star drama (I don't like him by any means) but on her instagram, she's literally blasting people who are saying that they like his products. Yes it's her page and her opinion and all that stuff but not everybody is going to be interested in the backstory of a brand. Some people are just concerned with the product itself. I've seen people commenting that they agree with her stance of his personality but they still like his lipstick and she's vehemently disagreeing with them. It doesn't look too good imo.

The Fancy Face also does thorough reviews with brush swatches and everything, she also a professional engineer so youtube isn't her prime income and I just like her personality alot more. Though I still trust Steph's reviews, she isn't my most favorite. That spot is occupied by the wonderful Jordan Liberty. Now that man is a class apart.
i cant stand this women. she's bashing everyone the commented against her... i guess its cause she also has lip fillers and looks seriously plastic!! i mean she said she works in the business whats her agenda??? i just really hate this plastic woman!

Msdebym76
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Msdebym76 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:28 pm

mahnoor_wahab wrote:I really like her reviews. She goes in detail about the product and really knows her stuff. Especially about brushes. I learnt alot from her about brushes in general. However, I don't like her personality that much. She has a tendency to come off as self-righteous at times. Even though she talks against entitlement and rudeness, she tends to act a little self-righteous and it is especially showing through in this Jeffree Star drama (I don't like him by any means) but on her instagram, she's literally blasting people who are saying that they like his products. Yes it's her page and her opinion and all that stuff but not everybody is going to be interested in the backstory of a brand. Some people are just concerned with the product itself. I've seen people commenting that they agree with her stance of his personality but they still like his lipstick and she's vehemently disagreeing with them. It doesn't look too good imo.

The Fancy Face also does thorough reviews with brush swatches and everything, she also a professional engineer so youtube isn't her prime income and I just like her personality alot more. Though I still trust Steph's reviews, she isn't my most favorite. That spot is occupied by the wonderful Jordan Liberty. Now that man is a class apart.
i cant stand this women. she's bashing everyone the commented against her... i guess its cause she also has lip fillers and looks seriously plastic!! i mean she said she works in the business whats her agenda??? i just really hate this plastic woman!

Mayhemisphere
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mayhemisphere » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:53 pm

Msdebym76 wrote:

Her agenda ... hmmm.

Well, she's not trying to sell me anything. That helps! She has nothing to gain and everything to lose by promoting a lousy quality product. She encourages people (I know, I know - this is a radical new concept many people simply can't grasp yet) to make informed decisions.

Now can she make better decisions herself about responding to comments? I think so. I think it does look poorly on her at times. But on the whole? I'll take 1 of her over a million Tati/Emily (yes, Emily)/Dani clones.

Besides ... I've been watching her since before Gerard Cosmetics and Morphe were mentioned in her reviews. She's solid, for me. :tu:

If she becomes a bitchfornogoodreason, I'll reassess my thoughts.

KeepingUpWithMyself
Debater
Debater

Post by KeepingUpWithMyself » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:56 pm

Msdebym76 wrote:

she answered to one comment in the morphe video

"I do not represent Sephora. I represent manufactures that produce the products, to distributors like a Sephora, that sell them to either professionals, pro hair color, or retail (Sephora to customer). The bag is from shopping. I keep my empties in it between videos. I work with about 64 manufacturers. I don't say where because I never want YouTube backlash for my real job."
so shes probably a sales person or something.

and why shouldn't she have the right to "bash" someone commenting against her. When s/o commeting against her that person is also bashing her. No one needs to be friendly to someone who isnt the same. Also she says that she gives a shh if people agree with her or not, and if they're sensitive against a brand or a person mentioned in her video its not her problem.

just open a Trash Thread about her when u don't like her. this is the rave section.
English is not my native language so please bare with me!

some1hing
Learner
Learner

Post by some1hing » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:58 pm

Oh man I wish there is a rage thread about her, since we are in the rave section I don't wanna brake any forum rules or anything.

For start I would just ask
abut this quote Well, she's not trying to sell me anything.

Why wont she? She is a sale person after all, she sells stuff to other companies, to her clients, she is a natural born saleswoman and she is a good at it? What makes anyone think she wont sell us (viewers) anything?

Now you may say she's obligate to say so by the law or whatever but is that a fact or something she told us to be a fact. Even if that is a fact that makes her more sneaky at least since if she wont ever talk about the companies she works for we dont know what those companies are. So it is one thing when any youtuber is sponsored by lets say Company X and makes video about it, we know who giving them money, but her being all sneaky and secretive about her job can leave us (some of us at least :D) wondering what are her ulterior motives.

Now you may say she praised companies that are not affiliated with he as far as we know,
but even if the companies it self are not affiliated with her (other than affiliated links) things that bugs me is since she is in a beauty industry she can have private love or hate relationship with companies employees (not necessary owner of companies or high ranked officials ) but employees. Since she works in that field for so long and her mom is in same beauty business too, and when you are working for so long and are dedicated to your work (as she is) you create personal relationship with people and she seams as a person she would be die-hard loyal to her friends, you know...

Anyway, I know this is a rave section, sorry, nobody have to answer to this, I just have my doubts s about her and she is the one that encourage e question everything so why not question her too. :)

Mayhemisphere
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mayhemisphere » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:06 am

some1hing wrote:Oh man I wish there is a rage thread about her, since we are in the rave section I don't wanna brake any forum rules or anything.

For start I would just ask
abut this quote Well, she's not trying to sell me anything.
Why wont she? She is a sale person after all, she sells stuff to other companies, to her clients, she is a natural born saleswoman and she is a good at it? What makes anyone think she wont sell us (viewers) anything?[/quote]

What makes you think she would?

Now you may say she's obligate to say so by the law or whatever but is that a fact or something she told us to be a fact.
Yes, that would be the law. More than one, actually. Think 'several', and think 'crackdown'. YouTube isn't the safe haven it once was in terms of getting away with crap like that. Even a couple of years ago you'd get away with just about anything. Not so much now.
Even if that is a fact that makes her more sneaky at least since if she wont ever talk about the companies she works for we dont know what those companies are.
Except that she has mentioned a couple of companies she represents. So ...
So it is one thing when any youtuber is sponsored by lets say Company X and makes video about it, we know who giving them money, but her being all sneaky and secretive about her job can leave us (some of us at least :D) wondering what are her ulterior motives.
If she was being deceptive on her YouTube channel it would probably ruin her. She's not a MAC sales clerk; her words and her professional image are her livelihood. If she starts fooling around with this stuff, she can probably say goodbye to her entire career; the minute she becomes a sell-out, she's done. If anything I think that it's far less likely that she'd become Just One More SellOut.

Now you may say she praised companies that are not affiliated with he as far as we know,
but even if the companies it self are not affiliated with her (other than affiliated links) things that bugs me is since she is in a beauty industry she can have private love or hate relationship with companies employees (not necessary owner of companies or high ranked officials ) but employees. Since she works in that field for so long and her mom is in same beauty business too, and when you are working for so long and are dedicated to your work (as she is) you create personal relationship with people and she seams as a person she would be die-hard loyal to her friends, you know...

Anyway, I know this is a rave section, sorry, nobody have to answer to this, I just have my doubts s about her and she is the one that encourage e question everything so why not question her too. :)
I appreciate that. Truly, I do. But you seem to be assuming that everyone must be wanting to rip you off or otherwise treat you badly. That makes me feel very sad, if I'm honest.

Have a good night no matter what though :)

auntiflo13
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by auntiflo13 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:03 am

Stephanie worked for Beauty systems Group for 9 years as a distributor for Sally Beauty. She's now a 'manufacturer's representative' - she brings professional beauty products to market (hair and nail salons mainly), she has to teach/train staff on new products and their use, brand management etc etc... and she works at make up trade/professional shows. It rarely has anything to do with make up that we as consumers buy. It's stuff she sells & promotes to hair and nail salons. Both her sister ans mum are hairdressers but, her mum has nail salons now (I seem to believe anyway). So, Stephanie is not trying to 'sell us' anything. She has an interest in make up from working alongside the industry and she has a good knowledge of ingredients. She doesn't monetise her videos at the moment as she is paid in her full time career... she's also a mentor at the YMCA.
"WARNING: Before Coffee: Hates everybody. After Coffee: Feels good about hating everybody

PTruth
Informer
Informer

Post by PTruth » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:23 am

I believe a lot of people can't get with her personality and that's cool. Everything isn't for everybody. While some have mentioned how she reacts to people attacking her I think it's great she's shuts down the folks who come on HER social media and gives them the snark and such they are giving her. :rofl: I'm all for someone DEFENDING themselves. Don't start no shit won't be no shit.

Not once have I watched one of her videos and saw she was schilling shit for some company :respekt:

So if all that rubs folks the wrong way so be it. Folks CAN NOT deny she knowledgeable and doesn't speak out her ass to make some money. Her delivery may be "off" to some, but I'm there for the review/info...she's not my friend/bff IRL I don't need her to be more than she is...a source of information about shit I'm interested in.

People have turned YT into their very own "community" (I'm not talking about the content creators I'm speaking to the consumers of that content) it's not real, these people aren't trying to hangout with YOU. 99% of them are trying to make $$$ off you.

People want to bash someone who is being HONEST and spreading knowledge about an industry that is shady as fuck, but these same people support others who are schilling shit every video? :FU:

For those who don't like her...

THIS IS NOT THE THREAD FOR YOU. READING IS FUNDAMENTAL.
Internet wig snatcher and shade thrower.

Please excuse my misspelled words and lazy grammar. I haves fat fingers and no edit button.

Don't let your post write a check Google won't cash!!!

mahnoor_wahab
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mahnoor_wahab » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:40 am

auntiflo13 wrote: She doesn't monetise her videos at the moment as she is paid in her full time career...
She does monetize her videos. She just didn't monetize the Jeffree Star one because she didn't want to make money off of bashing someone else (which I really respect). For example, this one is monetized. You can check.

[youtube][/youtube]

Now the argument all of you are presenting is that it is her page, her opinion so she can reply snarky to people. Umm.. when Jaclyn or Carli or Dani or Nicole or Kathleen or any other mainstream youtuber does that, don't we bash them for it? This my page, my rules or "don't like it don't watch it" are the stuff that their minions use and I just find it funny that these arguments are being used in her support as well.

I like her reviews, I really do. Her personality just rubs me the wrong way.
I don't think she has an ulterior motive or anything but I do think that she has a thin skin and really cannot stand differing opinions. The fiasco on her instagram DID NOT result from Jeffree's minions but from people who agreed with her about his personality but still liked his products because so many people have pointed out that his liquid lipsticks are indeed inconsistent and the shades she picked out were really the worst ones out of the line. What I mean to say is that it is OKAY for people to like his products even if they don't agree with him as a person, especially if they already own the products and Steph seems to have a problem with liking the products part.

For example, in one of her comments somebody said that youtubers owe their subs everything because they are the ones paying them and in reply Steph said, "Subscribers don't pay a youtuber, views do". Don't quote me verbatim but it was something like that. Well views don't happen for themselves. The views come from your viewers. People who take the time out of the day to watch you and buy you collabs.
(by "you" I don't mean Steph but youtubers in general)

And as I have already mentioned a bazillion times, I honestly do like her reviews. She is very informative and I have learnt alot from her about brushes. She just isn't my favorite and I personally believe that one should view everyone with an objective eye. I will still continue to watch her though.

mahnoor_wahab
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mahnoor_wahab » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:44 am

Also, I'm super excited for her ABH Modern Renaissance palette review. I've been eyeing it because of Jordan Liberty and am really excited to see her full take on it.

Mayhemisphere
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mayhemisphere » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:00 pm

mahnoor_wahab wrote: Now the argument all of you are presenting is that it is her page, her opinion so she can reply snarky to people. Umm.. when Jaclyn or Carli or Dani or Nicole or Kathleen or any other mainstream youtuber does that, don't we bash them for it? This my page, my rules or "don't like it don't watch it" are the stuff that their minions use and I just find it funny that these arguments are being used in her support as well.
Nope, we're not all presenting that argument. :tu:

In fact, my post actually questions her decision to snark back like that.

I like her reviews, I really do. Her personality just rubs me the wrong way.
I don't think she has an ulterior motive or anything but I do think that she has a thin skin and really cannot stand differing opinions. The fiasco on her instagram DID NOT result from Jeffree's minions but from people who agreed with her about his personality but still liked his products because so many people have pointed out that his liquid lipsticks are indeed inconsistent and the shades she picked out were really the worst ones out of the line. What I mean to say is that it is OKAY for people to like his products even if they don't agree with him as a person, especially if they already own the products and Steph seems to have a problem with liking the products part.

For example, in one of her comments somebody said that youtubers owe their subs everything because they are the ones paying them and in reply Steph said, "Subscribers don't pay a youtuber, views do". Don't quote me verbatim but it was something like that. Well views don't happen for themselves. The views come from your viewers. People who take the time out of the day to watch you and buy you collabs.
(by "you" I don't mean Steph but youtubers in general)

And as I have already mentioned a bazillion times, I honestly do like her reviews. She is very informative and I have learnt alot from her about brushes. She just isn't my favorite and I personally believe that one should view everyone with an objective eye. I will still continue to watch her though.
[/quote]

Perhaps predictably, I'm of the same opinion as Steph; if I think someone is just a downright shitty person, I'm not going to buy their product and I'm not going to support their business. I'd also question the ethics of anyone who said something along the lines of "I agree he's a shitty person but I still love the products so I'll still buy them". I don't care if he's sprinkled solid gold unicorn breath over his eyeshadow palette; I'm not buying it.

Is that judgmental? Yep, you betcha! And it's my prerogative :D

AlexandraMW
Talker
Talker

Post by AlexandraMW » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:07 am

Msdebym76 wrote:

Steph does NOT have lip fillers! She posted on her instagram a picture of her when she was 6-7 years old and her lips were as big as they are now! Except for some under eye filler, I don't think she's had anything else done, though I'm not sure. But about the lips I'm 100% sure.
"Could you stop being a bitch for a second?"

auntiflo13
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by auntiflo13 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:09 am

mahnoor_wahab wrote:Also, I'm super excited for her ABH Modern Renaissance palette review. I've been eyeing it because of Jordan Liberty and am really excited to see her full take on it.
It's my birthday today (sssshhh I'm 45 OMG !!! How did I get so old so quickly) BUT, I've got the Anastasia palette as one of my gifts - my first ABH eye shadows (I've had the brow wiz - wasn't too impressed with how long it lasted).... The matte shadows are buttery - I know that word is used way too often - but, the deep ones ...wow !!! I've only swatched colours on the right hand side of the palette...but, so far, I'm impressed !!! xxx
"WARNING: Before Coffee: Hates everybody. After Coffee: Feels good about hating everybody

mahnoor_wahab
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mahnoor_wahab » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:56 am

Mayhemisphere wrote: In fact, my post actually questions her decision to snark back like that.
Oh my mistake then. Sorry.
I am in the same boat as you. I have personally boycotted Tarte after their revamped their whole marketing campaign and started taking these goorrroos out on trips and came out with gimmicky products. I own their blush and will use it but I'm not buying anything from them ever again. I have never bought anything from Morphe, Gerard, Violet Voss or any of these youtube only brands, not matter how good their products are, only on the basis of principle. So I'm totally with you and Steph on this but not everybody is going to be like that. Some people just care for the product. That's all.

Also, on a matter of principal one brand that has really gotten my respect recently is ABH. I didn't pay them any attention earlier because so many goorrroos used them but the way Norvina is handling everything and how professional she is and how great their overall artistry is, I'm becoming a fan. Norvina showed the upcoming stick foundations on snapchat today and I'm desperately waiting for them to release.
auntiflo13 wrote: It's my birthday today (sssshhh I'm 45 OMG !!! How did I get so old so quickly) BUT, I've got the Anastasia palette as one of my gifts - my first ABH eye shadows (I've had the brow wiz - wasn't too impressed with how long it lasted).... The matte shadows are buttery - I know that word is used way too often - but, the deep ones ...wow !!! I've only swatched colours on the right hand side of the palette...but, so far, I'm impressed !!! xxx
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I don't own anything from ABH either and am just dying to get this palette. Please post about it in the offtopic thread of the Jaclyn forum where we all talk about makeup and stuff. Some photos if possible. Would love to see them since I am waiting to get it so badly (waiting for money lmao)

addicted2gossip

Post by addicted2gossip » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:02 am

She put her IG on private, that must be because of Jeffree's minions.

AlexandraMW
Talker
Talker

Post by AlexandraMW » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:28 am

addicted2gossip wrote:She put her IG on private, that must be because of Jeffree's minions.
Yes. She mentioned that she got tired of waking up to hundreds of negative comments that call her names and even promising physical harm. Once it all slows down, she says she might go public again and she doesn't care if she loses followers 'cause her income is not based on her social media.
"Could you stop being a bitch for a second?"

Mayhemisphere
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mayhemisphere » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:57 am

mahnoor_wahab wrote:
Mayhemisphere wrote: In fact, my post actually questions her decision to snark back like that.
Oh my mistake then. Sorry.
I am in the same boat as you. I have personally boycotted Tarte after their revamped their whole marketing campaign and started taking these goorrroos out on trips and came out with gimmicky products. I own their blush and will use it but I'm not buying anything from them ever again. I have never bought anything from Morphe, Gerard, Violet Voss or any of these youtube only brands, not matter how good their products are, only on the basis of principle. So I'm totally with you and Steph on this but not everybody is going to be like that. Some people just care for the product. That's all.

Also, on a matter of principal one brand that has really gotten my respect recently is ABH. I didn't pay them any attention earlier because so many goorrroos used them but the way Norvina is handling everything and how professional she is and how great their overall artistry is, I'm becoming a fan. Norvina showed the upcoming stick foundations on snapchat today and I'm desperately waiting for them to release.
auntiflo13 wrote: It's my birthday today (sssshhh I'm 45 OMG !!! How did I get so old so quickly) BUT, I've got the Anastasia palette as one of my gifts - my first ABH eye shadows (I've had the brow wiz - wasn't too impressed with how long it lasted).... The matte shadows are buttery - I know that word is used way too often - but, the deep ones ...wow !!! I've only swatched colours on the right hand side of the palette...but, so far, I'm impressed !!! xxx
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I don't own anything from ABH either and am just dying to get this palette. Please post about it in the offtopic thread of the Jaclyn forum where we all talk about makeup and stuff. Some photos if possible. Would love to see them since I am waiting to get it so badly (waiting for money lmao)

Tarte broke my heart :(

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FFL » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:53 am

Her popularity has grown exponentially. I subscribed to her maybe a month, month and a half ago. She was at around 32k subs. Now, she has 109k.

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FFL » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:56 am

Her popularity has grown exponentially. I subscribed to her maybe a month, month and a half ago. She was at around 32k subs. Now, she has 109k.

sosltice
Talker
Talker

Post by sosltice » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:26 am

[quote="auntiflo13"]Stephanie worked for Beauty systems Group for 9 years as a distributor for Sally Beauty. She's now a 'manufacturer's representative' - she brings professional beauty products to market (hair and nail salons mainly), she has to teach/train staff on new products and their use, brand management etc etc... and she works at make up trade/professional shows. It rarely has anything to do with make up that we as consumers buy. It's stuff she sells & promotes to hair and nail salons. Both her sister ans mum are hairdressers but, her mum has nail salons now (I seem to believe anyway). So, Stephanie is not trying to 'sell us' anything. She has an interest in make up from working alongside the industry and she has a good knowledge of ingredients.She doesn't monetise her videos at the moment as she is paid in her full time career... she's also a mentor at the YMCA.[/quote]

She gets kick backs from affiliate links. Apparently to pay for new cameras and equipment. Surely if she gets as much money per month from her actual bread and butter job as she has said that she does she'd be able to pay for the new tech out of her savings.

Mayhemisphere
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mayhemisphere » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:15 am

sosltice wrote:
auntiflo13 wrote:Stephanie worked for Beauty systems Group for 9 years as a distributor for Sally Beauty. She's now a 'manufacturer's representative' - she brings professional beauty products to market (hair and nail salons mainly), she has to teach/train staff on new products and their use, brand management etc etc... and she works at make up trade/professional shows. It rarely has anything to do with make up that we as consumers buy. It's stuff she sells & promotes to hair and nail salons. Both her sister ans mum are hairdressers but, her mum has nail salons now (I seem to believe anyway). So, Stephanie is not trying to 'sell us' anything. She has an interest in make up from working alongside the industry and she has a good knowledge of ingredients.She doesn't monetise her videos at the moment as she is paid in her full time career... she's also a mentor at the YMCA.[/quote]

She gets kick backs from affiliate links. Apparently to pay for new cameras and equipment. Surely if she gets as much money per month from her actual bread and butter job as she has said that she does she'd be able to pay for the new tech out of her savings.
I believe that point has already been corrected. She monetizes most videos, but not all.

MyEyebrowsCanCutYou
Learner
Learner

Post by MyEyebrowsCanCutYou » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:29 pm

I love Stephanie so I'm a bit biased, but perhaps some folks would be better off posting in a trash thread. No raving at all is allowed in a trash thread, sooo...maybe no trashing in a rave thread. :tu:

s-c
Lurker
Lurker

Post by s-c » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:05 pm

MyEyebrowsCanCutYou wrote:I love Stephanie so I'm a bit biased, but perhaps some folks would be better off posting in a trash thread. No raving at all is allowed in a trash thread, sooo...maybe no trashing in a rave thread. :tu:
100% seconded, I don't come here for that negative bullshit

s-c
Lurker
Lurker

Post by s-c » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:06 pm

MyEyebrowsCanCutYou wrote:I love Stephanie so I'm a bit biased, but perhaps some folks would be better off posting in a trash thread. No raving at all is allowed in a trash thread, sooo...maybe no trashing in a rave thread. :tu:
100% seconded, I don't come here for that negative bullshit

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FFL » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:16 pm

sosltice wrote:She gets kick backs from affiliate links. Apparently to pay for new cameras and equipment. Surely if she gets as much money per month from her actual bread and butter job as she has said that she does she'd be able to pay for the new tech out of her savings.
We don't know what her budget is like, though. Lights and cameras can be expensive, and she lives in San Francisco, one of the most expensive places to live in America and the world. Maybe she makes a lot at work (and it does seem like she does based on the kinds/amounts of cosmetics and skin care products she buys) but still, $1300-2000 on good lights and a good camera isn't a drop in the bucket. Especially when YouTube is not her sole income.

Return to “Stephanie Nicole”