squeegeegloss16
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Condos cost?

Post by squeegeegloss16 »

http://www.highrises.com/city/los-angeles/*removed*

I think this model might be the closest one to theirs. What do you think?

NoMoreLies
Debater
Debater

Post by NoMoreLies »

I was trying not to put the link on here, just to protect their privacy.
But yeah, they are at least $500,000, if not more, since they have the den and not just the 1 BR.

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

http://www.highrises.com/city/*removed*
I think this model might be the closest one to theirs. What do you think?
Nope that's not it not quite it.
Someone posted a link to their apartment building in Elle's thread. I won't repost it because you're not supposed to post links that have specific addresses/apartment numbers, but the one you posted is very similar, just smaller and cheaper. The ones they got cost $654k, are 1600 square feet, and their building has valet parking, a rooftop pool, a fitness center, and a 'rooftop dog park' (???).

ElleNiks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ElleNiks »

I highly doubt they paid that much. The W has been trying to fill up for 3 years now. They are desperate to get people to move in. The condos are very overpriced and in a bad neighborhood.

isabelle kerr
Learner
Learner

Post by isabelle kerr »

lisa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lisa123 »

Their condos are absolutely gorgeous and very modern...but it seems like they are going to ruin it with their decorations...anyways I am sure their dad and mom are also contributing with the cost because he is a doctor and rich...I wonder how blair or elle are going to pay their mortgages if this youtube things dies down a little...

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

lisa123 wrote:Their condos are absolutely gorgeous and very modern...but it seems like they are going to ruin it with their decorations...anyways I am sure their dad and mom are also contributing with the cost because he is a doctor and rich...I wonder how blair or elle are going to pay their mortgages if this youtube things dies down a little...
I really doubt their parents are helping. The girls had to put down downpayments, no the total costs of the condos right away. I'm sure they had more than enough money to do that. Why would their parents help when the girls make bank off youtube? I definitely wouldn't let my parents do that if I was them.
imma ball til the day i fall

GoGoYuBari
Informer
Informer

Post by GoGoYuBari »

Man...these condos are NICE!!! Damn I'm jealous! Plus I had no idea Blair wasn't even 20 yet!!! Lucky bitch can afford such an amazing lifestyle at such a young age. Must be nice....

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

Angie V wrote: I really doubt their parents are helping. The girls had to put down downpayments, no the total costs of the condos right away. I'm sure they had more than enough money to do that. Why would their parents help when the girls make bank off youtube? I definitely wouldn't let my parents do that if I was them.
When ever they stop making money off YT (when I say that I mean when they're making 15,000 a year instead of 200,000) they their parents are gonna end up paying for it. They're gonna stop making that much of YT sooner than they think.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

Silver Rose 39 wrote:
Angie V wrote: I really doubt their parents are helping. The girls had to put down downpayments, no the total costs of the condos right away. I'm sure they had more than enough money to do that. Why would their parents help when the girls make bank off youtube? I definitely wouldn't let my parents do that if I was them.
When ever they stop making money off YT (when I say that I mean when they're making 15,000 a year instead of 200,000) they their parents are gonna end up paying for it. They're gonna stop making that much of YT sooner than they think.
Yeah but they don't only have Youtube. They have other things going on too. Cell phone cases, books (second one is coming out soon), JustFab, they had a deal with jewelmint I think (remember that picture they had with kate bosworth?), makeup line, website ads, whatever else. I think they'll be okay. And they can sell their condos later if they want to or have to.

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

Angie V wrote:
Silver Rose 39 wrote: When ever they stop making money off YT (when I say that I mean when they're making 15,000 a year instead of 200,000) they their parents are gonna end up paying for it. They're gonna stop making that much of YT sooner than they think.
Yeah but they don't only have Youtube. They have other things going on too. Cell phone cases, books (second one is coming out soon), JustFab, they had a deal with jewelmint I think (remember that picture they had with kate bosworth?), makeup line, website ads, whatever else. I think they'll be okay. And they can sell their condos later if they want to or have to.
I know they have other sources but they're all because of YT (except glitzy glam), they're book is only being bought by fans so they won't really make anything off it in a few years (that's assuming they're even making a semi-decent amount off it now) , Their makeup line is failing ( People have seen it on discount sites) so they're not making a lot off that, The phone case line is only successful for as long as they're popular, to my knowledge they only had a short deal with jewelmint ( only a couple of videos since it hasn't been mentioned in over a year that I know of). So once YT is gone most of their income is gone. Because of that it is possible that they won't be able to afford the mortgages as easily and will get help from their parents. While yes they could sell they're not the type to go and move to a smaller place that's not somewhat fancy looking. Do you at least see where I'm coming from???

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

Yes I see where you are coming from, I understand what you are saying. I just don't agree.

NoMoreLies
Debater
Debater

Post by NoMoreLies »

I think they'll be ok, even if YouTube slows down.
I think they are pretty smart if it comes to their money and they have set enough aside or made investments. Somehow they just don't strike me as stupid if its about money. That's just the impression that I get.

thisbitch
Informer
Informer

Post by thisbitch »

NoMoreLies wrote:I think they'll be ok, even if YouTube slows down.
I think they are pretty smart if it comes to their money and they have set enough aside or made investments. Somehow they just don't strike me as stupid if its about money. That's just the impression that I get.
I don't know if anyone else has noticed but elle always seems to have more money than blair and I don't mean from YT because blair makes more on YT but elle seems like she could have a really good job after YT and is smart with her money. I bet they invest, they started out rich and rich people become rich because they are smart with how they handle the money they have. My grandpa never bought anything fancy his whole life and before he died he built my family a house and then told us he was rich XD so my grandma is loaded now thanks to him being smart. But blair and elle like to live a fancy life because they always have lived that way so I'm sure they make more than enough to live the way they do and have investments for a youtube retirement.

csagrl100
Learner
Learner

Post by csagrl100 »

Is Elle's bigger than Blair's? To me Blair's looks more like an apartment than a condo but I can't get the best interpretation of the space by one video

mimi
Talker
Talker

Post by mimi »

in the condos official video about the condos they said the owners could put condos together. think elle and blair plan to? i hope so, theres are so small for "luxury" living, imo. anyway, id love the services: housekeeping, dog walking, dry cleaning, laundry, someone to help you carry up your groceries. hotel living at its best (despite rather dull lifeless interior).

mimi
Talker
Talker

Post by mimi »

about blair and elle living a fancy life, remember that they actually spend little. they get most of it financed in exchange for the publicity. im even wondering if the condos came with a discount as they knew wed all find the place and be giving it publicity.

xoxo
Talker
Talker

Post by xoxo »

So the news is up that youtube is finally going to monetize some of their content. Apparently around half of the paid channels' revenue is going to be shared by partners. They've obviously been informed about this positive change in payments before the launch in news. Might be the reason for such bold decisions?

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

xoxo wrote:So the news is up that youtube is finally going to monetize some of their content. Apparently around half of the paid channels' revenue is going to be shared by partners. They've obviously been informed about this positive change in payments before the launch in news. Might be the reason for such bold decisions?
What does that mean exactly? I'm not very good with money and financial terms. Could you explain in plain language, please?

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

Angie V wrote:
xoxo wrote:So the news is up that youtube is finally going to monetize some of their content. Apparently around half of the paid channels' revenue is going to be shared by partners. They've obviously been informed about this positive change in payments before the launch in news. Might be the reason for such bold decisions?
What does that mean exactly? I'm not very good with money and financial terms. Could you explain in plain language, please?
Basically because there's so many people using adblock, and google has to pay for the domain so they introduced 'pay to subscribe' for some of the bigger channels to see how it works out and if it does then they'll make it permanent and everyone will have to pay $2 a month to subscribe to channels they want to watch.

I'm not sure if it's a charge per channel or not though.

Return to “Elle & Blair”