Where Beauty Lies (beneath the glitter sequel)

CreativeUsername
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Where Beauty Lies (beneath the glitter sequel)

Post by CreativeUsername »

"A Beneath The Glitter Novel." Sounds like we can expect a trilogy. :barf:

The cover illustration is laughably terrible because it's a cheap airport read aimed at ten year olds. If Elle and Blair didn't brag about it to such an unnecessary extent and try to make it seem more extravagant than it is, no one would take any notice. If it were my book I would be ashamed, quite frankly. Do they actually believe this rubbish is good?

Besides, they obviously didn't write it themselves. They were APPROACHED by a publisher - it was written by a failing novelist with a lackluster PG brief. :?

The only people who actually bought this train wreck of a book were preteen fangirls dumb enough to believe the hype (created by the Fowler sisters alone).
I apologise in advance if I have caused any offence in the post above! It is never my intention. <3

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

"Where beauty lies"?

Yeah, because I really want to hear about where they think beauty lies...
Oh wait, is it in plastic surgery or makeup?

Jessy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Jessy »

^^ hahaha ^^

I kind of want to read the books because I love reading stupid teen novels (I'm 19 I can still get away with it until August!!!) lolol. But I'm also curious to try and figure out what parts are "loosely based on their lives" and what parts are complete bs. I've also been in bed for 3 days with the stomach flu so I may be saying all of this out of boredom :? .

TeamCupcakes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TeamCupcakes »

I kinda do and kinda don't want to read them. However, I have read and watched a lot of reviews (that werent done by fangirls) and the people mention how there were a lot of typos and other mistakes in the book. I can't read a book with errors it would drive me nuts haha

I find that to be unprofessional, especially with the way they say they have all this input, why release a book with that many errors.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

I couldn't read it because 1)It's not my type of book and 2)It would become glaringly obvious that they just tried to follow some formula for making a book for teens rather than truly having any original ideas or passion about writing it. Just follow the formula and bring in the money.

LovelyTurtle
Stalker
Stalker

Post by LovelyTurtle »

The entire thing has a sort of aura coming off of it that screams "fake".
But, then again, this is Elle and Blair's book...

jean101
Informer
Informer

Post by jean101 »

I always find it kinda weird that they call it "their baby" when really they sat in a boardroom, someone told them the plot, they agreed on maybe names perhaps, maybe the place where it's set and then some failed author went away and wrote it for them. Now they feel like they have some kind of deep passion for it when in reality all they've done is read it and have their name printed on it.

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

jean101 wrote:I always find it kinda weird that they call it "their baby" when really they sat in a boardroom, someone told them the plot, they agreed on maybe names perhaps, maybe the place where it's set and then some failed author went away and wrote it for them. Now they feel like they have some kind of deep passion for it when in reality all they've done is read it and have their name printed on it.
Don't forget there was some vlog blair did, where she mispronounced something or forgot a word or something like that and she said 'Wow you'd think I hadn't written a book' or something along those lines. Personally I don't think telling someone the basic storyline and character names really counts as writting.

Melissa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Melissa »

I don't know why everyone thinks there was a ghost writer. I haven't read the book or anything, but it's obvious Elle loves to read (and probably write, too). I don't see why it's that hard to believe...

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

Melissa wrote:I don't know why everyone thinks there was a ghost writer. I haven't read the book or anything, but it's obvious Elle loves to read (and probably write, too). I don't see why it's that hard to believe...
Elle said in one on her videos that they had help writing it. Someone also said that in the book there's a thanks to a 'writing assistant' or something like that. Between those 2 things they basically admitted that the had a ghost writer.

tillwesurrender
Learner
Learner

Post by tillwesurrender »

same problem with this cover I had with the last one- the proportions seem off to me, why is the dress almost twice the size of the chair? Anyways, did anybody read the first one? I didn't. How was it? x

yiyiyoyo
Learner
Learner

Post by yiyiyoyo »

i'd probably only buy the book if i saw it at an op shop for like $.50-$3 to be honest only if i was desperate for a book.
:zz:

(also I love how the chairs reflection looks like it's floating and badly photo shopped..did they use paint or something?! :? )
u r supa sasssy!!!1!!111!

blahness
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by blahness »

The title is so stupid..... "where beauty lies" really? come on you two couldnt think of or pay someone to think of something better than that.

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

It's a double entendre! It's so clever!!!!oneoneone

paintmedance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paintmedance »

Cover looks like crap for so many reasons. One that glares out at me (aside from the weird artwork) is the type. There's not enough contrast between the title and the Elle and Blair logo so the title just looks kind of awkward. I'm a graphic design student and it makes me twitch.

jean101
Informer
Informer

Post by jean101 »

Silver Rose 39 wrote:
Melissa wrote:I don't know why everyone thinks there was a ghost writer. I haven't read the book or anything, but it's obvious Elle loves to read (and probably write, too). I don't see why it's that hard to believe...
Elle said in one on her videos that they had help writing it. Someone also said that in the book there's a thanks to a 'writing assistant' or something like that. Between those 2 things they basically admitted that the had a ghost writer.
Just because someone reads lots of books doesn't mean that they can write one. Also how do you know Elle writes, you really think she's secretly writing random novels on the side of her youtube carear?

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I guess it'll be a trilogy because Lauren Conrad's LA Candy books were a trilogy (and I just found out they are being made into a movie), so e&b are definitely trying to follow in her footsteps.
imma ball til the day i fall

chuchipie16
Talker
Talker

Post by chuchipie16 »

^so they are writing books now? im sorry, i havent followed them in a while, and I mean a really long while now.... when did this happen? i mean,, them, becoming writers and stuff? and what was the novel about? if anyone from here already read it?

erfaewsfdes
Learner
Learner

Post by erfaewsfdes »

Can't wait until they sell the rights to make a movie -_-

chuchipie16
Talker
Talker

Post by chuchipie16 »

What I dont understand is how come Blair became more popular than Elle, in the first place. I do know that Elle was the first to upload a vid on yt, and Im not sure if you guys will agree with me, but it seems, that Elle has more focus and commitment to her vlogs, blogs and whatever... I mean Blair just copies evertyhing that Elle does but Blair seems to get more credit or whatever...

P.S. Im not a fan of Elle nor do I like her. I just started looking them up again when I lurked on this section... ;)

Return to “Elle & Blair”