Skylark

makeup
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Skylark

Post by makeup »

Has anyone here tried their Sophia and Ava lipgloss? I know that people who pre-ordered their book got sent some. If so, how do you like it? Is it worth 30 bucks plus shipping? The Sophia color looked really pretty from what I've seen so far.

There's already one on eBay, I'm trying to decide if I should try to get it a little cheaper than retail and hope it doesn't sell out, or just pass on this altogether.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... +lip+gloss

x_bethanyy
Informer
Informer

Re: Skylark

Post by x_bethanyy »

I've never tried them but I'd advise you to pass on them.

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

According to blair, they're the best lipglosses ever beause they're true to colour and they aren't sticky because their hair doesn't stick to them.

Regardless of how sticky a lipgloss is or isn't I have never found one that hair won't stick to. Even the Urban decay pocket rocket, they're the least sticky lipglosses on the planet (that I've ever come across anyway) and my hair still sticks to them. So I'm pretty sure that isn't true.

gk86
Talker
Talker

Post by gk86 »

I have them and seriously love them! I'm not just saying that either. Well, technically I only like the Sophia one 'cause Ava isn't a good color for me. But the Sophia gloss is my favorite of all time. Not even joking, and I'm not just some minion. It is a really thick consistency, without being sticky (like, you can open and close your mouth perfectly fine without that goopy feel), so it grabs hold and lasts for quite some time! The color is gorgeous, and it is super moisturizing! I'm honestly shocked at the amazing quality. I really wasn't expecting much at all.

Rosewynn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosewynn »

What's the taste/scent like?

Sadly, if something doesn't smell/taste like something nice I don't care how nice it is I won't use it. :P

gk86
Talker
Talker

Post by gk86 »

Rosewynn wrote:What's the taste/scent like?

Sadly, if something doesn't smell/taste like something nice I don't care how nice it is I won't use it. :P
It is scentless and tasteless.

gk86
Talker
Talker

Post by gk86 »

Oh, also...it comes with the doe-foot applicator! A lot of people were speculating that the free lipgloss duo would have the original brush tip that they got rid of, but they actually sent the new doe-foot! So, I thought that was nice. :)

jbee33
Talker
Talker

Post by jbee33 »

I got them and have been pleasantly surprised! They don't have a scent but are actually are really nice consistency and has great color payoff. Now, all that being said. Would I pay $30 for both of them.. no. I would pay maybe $10-14 each. I don't think its smart to make people buy both. I find myself going for the Sophia more than the Ava just because the color works better for me.

Believe
Learner
Learner

Post by Believe »

Silver Rose 39 wrote:According to blair, they're the best lipglosses ever beause they're true to colour and they aren't sticky because their hair doesn't stick to them.

Regardless of how sticky a lipgloss is or isn't I have never found one that hair won't stick to. Even the Urban decay pocket rocket, they're the least sticky lipglosses on the planet (that I've ever come across anyway) and my hair still sticks to them. So I'm pretty sure that isn't true.
Considering my hair even sticks to my chapstick...yeah, no.

doodlegirl09
Learner
Learner

Post by doodlegirl09 »

I;ve tried it. It's scentless and tasteless and I guess because of my skintone, the Ava gloss makes me look sick -_- I have brown skin (like halle berry...maybe kelly rowland) and that ava gloss is terrible -___- but the Sophia is gorgeous and they are pigmented. And yes, I got the doe-foot applicator :)

scgirl212
Informer
Informer

Post by scgirl212 »

New video from Blush.....they keep saying they want to "perfect" each product..but what does that mean? This video is a whole lot of nothing.

[youtube][/youtube]

DarthCassie
Informer
Informer

Post by DarthCassie »

Here is their eyeshadow palette coming out next month. Looks kinda like Too Faced packaging which I actually dislike because of the bulk.

x_bethanyy
Informer
Informer

Post by x_bethanyy »

The top comment on that Blush video says "Elle and Blair care for us!! Yippeeeee". Oh God.

poppy
Informer
Informer

Post by poppy »

This girl did a review on the glosses and her hair stuck to it, despite the claims it is completely non sticky.

Nadezhda
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Nadezhda »

Well even if it's the least-sticky gloss in the world, your hair is still going to stick to it, because it's just that - a gloss.

pinksugarplum
Learner
Learner

Post by pinksugarplum »

I'd definitely give this brand a chance. I'm interested in getting the Sophia one.

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

pinksugarplum wrote:I'd definitely give this brand a chance. I'm interested in getting the Sophia one.

You need to be prepared to buy ava to. Unless you know someone that would want the ava gloss you're basically gonna be spending $30 on one gloss.

Winter song
Informer
Informer

Post by Winter song »

Yeah, I really don't understand when people use the claim that your hair won't stick to it. Oil isn't sticky but if it was on your face, your hair would definitely cling to it. Even if a window or something was wet with just water, hair would stick to it. It's ridiculous to claim that hair won't stick to gloss.

Ginger1
Debater
Debater

Post by Ginger1 »

You'd think they'd at least put it all in a pretty package, I mean give consumers a reason to buy it (besides simply being a "fan").

Post by Guest »

The gloss duo is on sale right now for $20 until the end of October. I'd love to try them but, as everyone else said, I think the Ava gloss would go to waste...

Return to “Elle & Blair”