phanqueen
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Emma Blackery

Post by phanqueen »

Pastel Rage wrote:Welcome to Emma's thread :D

I honestly don't think she's been too bad lately. A few months ago she was absolutely insufferable, but I think it's been going the right way for her. Which is also why this thread is pretty dead, I suppose. Good for her!
She's definitely gotten better over the last few months. I actually loved her No Offence video and If Websites Started Dating 2. It's been really refreshing to enjoy her content again.

Although, I still cannot handle watching her apply foundation. Something inside me dies, so I'm staying away from Boxes of Foxes.

penguins
Talker
Talker

Post by penguins »

I've been really enjoying her videos lately...and then she had to bring back Luke. He's such a twat, I can't stand him and stopped watching after a couple of questions. He seems to bring out the worst in Emma.

Although I kinda noticed that their hair colour is very similar in this video, which makes them sorta look like siblings....

potete
Talker
Talker

Post by potete »

I really liked the video she made about brands that test on animals on boxes of foxes, I actually really enjoy that channel because she seems more chill on there.

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

I also generally prefer Boxes of Foxes over her main channel. I don't think she really knows that much about makeup or anything like that, but I think her intentions are good, and she does seem more relaxed in those videos.

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

I much prefer her main channel, BUT I did love her new video on the companies that do animal testing. I wouldnt of known Urban Decay did animal testing- I LOVED that brand along with NARS.

zombiespaceprincess
Informer
Informer

Post by zombiespaceprincess »

I love how Emma does beauty/lifestyle & gaming stuff alongside her main channel. I love beauty etc and gaming so I like seeing different videos and I deffo prefer BoF and BB over her main channel.
:love2: Apologies in advance for any incoherent rambles, I am most likely drunk :love2: Image

Reide
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Reide »

The13eyond wrote:I much prefer her main channel, BUT I did love her new video on the companies that do animal testing. I wouldnt of known Urban Decay did animal testing- I LOVED that brand along with NARS.
Urban Decay doesn't. In fact that law in China is optional. It was made optional a few years ago. Believe it or not, Kiki did the research on that one. That being said I haven't checked the sources but I've head this multiple times.

nyx
Learner
Learner

Post by nyx »

Reide wrote:
The13eyond wrote:I much prefer her main channel, BUT I did love her new video on the companies that do animal testing. I wouldnt of known Urban Decay did animal testing- I LOVED that brand along with NARS.
Urban Decay doesn't. In fact that law in China is optional. It was made optional a few years ago. Believe it or not, Kiki did the research on that one. That being said I haven't checked the sources but I've head this multiple times.
(Sorry for tuning in out of the blue^^)
Urban Decay was bought by L’Oreal who’s definitely testing on animals and selling in China.
Yes, technically UD is cruelty free but your money still goes to a non cruelty-free company (and funds further animal testing) whenever you buy UD.

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

nyx wrote:
Reide wrote:
(Sorry for tuning in out of the blue^^)
Urban Decay was bought by L’Oreal who’s definitely testing on animals and selling in China.
Yes, technically UD is cruelty free but your money still goes to a non cruelty-free company (and funds further animal testing) whenever you buy UD.
Thank you nyx, I was literally about to post the same thing. :) :tu:

Reide
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Reide »

Most vegans use brands that are cruelty free even if they are owned by a mother brand. The idea is if we use it the demand will become higher. Cruelty free products are actually on the rise because people (even if they aren't vegan) don't appreciate animal testing.

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by holly golightly »

I usually enjoy her Boxes of Foxes content but I found it annoying how 80% of her "Favourite" vegan products she was freely admitting weren't actually good. Why name it "favourites" then?

zombiespaceprincess
Informer
Informer

Post by zombiespaceprincess »

holly golightly wrote:I usually enjoy her Boxes of Foxes content but I found it annoying how 80% of her "Favourite" vegan products she was freely admitting weren't actually good. Why name it "favourites" then?
Yeah, I thought the same. Was so frustrating! - Maybe she meant "brand" favourites and those were the only products she had to show? IDk haha. I know she mentioned about doing a video about Good CF brands before but it was quite off putting.
:love2: Apologies in advance for any incoherent rambles, I am most likely drunk :love2: Image

florenceenvirons
Lurker
Lurker

Post by florenceenvirons »

ayo, lurker tuning in here! I actually really loved her cover with Dodie. I don't think either of them have particularly great/strong voices but both videos were so sweet. She's kind of alright at the moment hahaha, though I'm certainly interested to see how her new EP will turn out.

Post by Guest »

hi i still dislike her and i dont think i ever will like her. shes still as attention seeking and annoying as ever. her tweets before christmas about leaving twitter and then she came back like a day later? cant stand attention seekers.

dressitup
Talker
Talker

Post by dressitup »

glamorize wrote:hi i still dislike her and i dont think i ever will like her. shes still as attention seeking and annoying as ever. her tweets before christmas about leaving twitter and then she came back like a day later? cant stand attention seekers.
Saaaaaaaaame, something about her reminds me of the group of emo kids I went to school with who were forever doing awkward, dorky, embarrassing things for attention. She's one of those YouTubers who would be nothing without YouTube. She's not funny, likeable or interesting enough to thrive in traditional media and her music isn't good enough to give her a career on its own.

Jegzi
Learner
Learner

Post by Jegzi »

Regarding the tweet about going away for a while, does anyone happen to know what might have triggered that?

Post by Guest »

Jegzi wrote:Regarding the tweet about going away for a while, does anyone happen to know what might have triggered that?
her being an annoying btch as usual probs :tu:

princess88
Learner
Learner

Post by princess88 »

I really dislike this girl. I used to watch Lukeisnotsexy but once she started featuring in all of his videos I just couldn't anymore. (what's the deal with them? are they currently dating? or is she gay because she gives off some serious lesbian vibes)

I can't even remember why I started disliking her, it might be irrational, idk. I know it's petty but her voice grates on me so much, and her hair is awful. Short hair just does not work on her at all. She looks so much better in her New Years Resolution video when she puts a long brown wig on. Anyway that's my judgment on her based on the little of her that I've watched, lol.

felucca
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by felucca »

So... this. http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/pe ... 201678900/

Emma working with Pewdiepie and other gamers to create an entertainment network? How in the world did that come about?? I mean she doesn't seem like the obvious choice, she's hardly known for her gaming, and especially not when compared to those other guys. (She does seem to fit in with them personality-wise though.) No idea what this will mean for her and her content but it could change a lot.
Kjellberg, together with Maker Studios, will select and develop talent who align with the Revelmode brand. The creator network will be dedicated to building community connections, and Revelmode will invest in projects driven by the individual talent and collaborations between them.
She probably started the gaming channel knowing this was happening, but running it on her own and running it to "align with the Revelmode brand" still might not be the same thing, especially not if they start funding her projects and throw people at her to collab with (good for her??) In the article they linked to her main channel and not her gaming channel, which... idk what to think. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this unfolds.
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

Post by Guest »

I hope this destroys her.

Return to “Emma Blackery”