LVlover cc

liuqnart
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Re: LVlover cc

Post by liuqnart »

I agree with every single word here. She reads the forum so she sometimes tries very hard to prove that she is Korean, which only makes it more suspicious.

Yes she is Chinese of Korean ethnicity and her friend who sells the tacky bag charms, Lindess, now lives in China. She rarely returns to Korea because she is Chinese of Korean ethnicity.

For example, there are many Chinese people of Korean ethnicity and have migrated to South Korea and then departed for the U.S.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yanbian_K ... Prefecture
koala80 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:54 am
They paid roughly $650k for their new house. They cleared at least $250k from selling their old house. The kitchen remodel was probably around $80k. She brings in roughly $20k every month. Social blade is NOT accurate for all channels. Charis, Mel in Melbourne and Jerusha all bring in roughly similar money each month.

ITA! All the money she makes she spends. ALL OF IT. None of it is saved. She doesn't pad her kids's college funds; she doesn't invest it; she doesn't save it, and, there are no private schools for the kids. That's her money. What's scary is that YT money doesn't last forever. Eventually you get demonetized.

Charis only gets the best for herself but she bought the cheapest sheet cake for her son's birthday party last year. I agree there are some weird inconsistencies in that household. The hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on bags but a tiny engagement ring. Their mortgage is roughly around $350k which is weird since they can clearly afford to live in a more expensive house as an investment. At some point all of her bags will be worth more than her house and that's just a dumb way to live. You get a higher return on property vs designer bags. I know she reads this forum so I bet the next thing she'll do is upgrade to a huge rock.Something is not right with her.

She seems manic sometimes when she's doing an unboxing video. I'm guessing they'll buy and remodel another kitchen in 2 years because she's always chasing the next high.

I think her husband is okay with the crazy spending because he probably feels lucky he married her. I'm being generous when I say he's a little odd looking.

When Hollyannaeree figured out Charis's husband is from Texas she asked for a meetup and Charis was like, uh huh, nope. Then the very next day she posted a lovey dovey photo of both of them having brunch and saying how much she loves her husband, Girl, no one wants your strange looking husband. Not even desperate Hollyannaeree.

Charis is a liar. There is no part time job. There are no zoom meetings. There are two reasons for the lie. 1) She's scared other people will catch on and try to copy her. Asians love copying other people so I get the fear there. 2) She doesn't like hearing shit from people about her shopping addiction so she makes up a job and basically implies she works hard for her money.

Honestly sometimes she looks crazy when she's all dressed up to leave the house. She's decked out in head to toe designer and all the labels are competing with each other. She's really tacky. The logos are in your face loud.

pj_uk
Learner
Learner

Post by pj_uk »

How do you know she paid $650k for her new house? It looks massive? Or that her mortgage is $350k?
I’m sure she reads her, her latest video showed her husband kind of.

What? Hollyannaree asked for a meet up? I watched her ages ago but now it seems she only does “only members” videos or whatever it is called?

koala80 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:54 am
They paid roughly $650k for their new house. They cleared at least $250k from selling their old house. The kitchen remodel was probably around $80k. She brings in roughly $20k every month. Social blade is NOT accurate for all channels. Charis, Mel in Melbourne and Jerusha all bring in roughly similar money each month.

ITA! All the money she makes she spends. ALL OF IT. None of it is saved. She doesn't pad her kids's college funds; she doesn't invest it; she doesn't save it, and, there are no private schools for the kids. That's her money. What's scary is that YT money doesn't last forever. Eventually you get demonetized.

Charis only gets the best for herself but she bought the cheapest sheet cake for her son's birthday party last year. I agree there are some weird inconsistencies in that household. The hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on bags but a tiny engagement ring. Their mortgage is roughly around $350k which is weird since they can clearly afford to live in a more expensive house as an investment. At some point all of her bags will be worth more than her house and that's just a dumb way to live. You get a higher return on property vs designer bags. I know she reads this forum so I bet the next thing she'll do is upgrade to a huge rock.Something is not right with her.

She seems manic sometimes when she's doing an unboxing video. I'm guessing they'll buy and remodel another kitchen in 2 years because she's always chasing the next high.

I think her husband is okay with the crazy spending because he probably feels lucky he married her. I'm being generous when I say he's a little odd looking.

When Hollyannaeree figured out Charis's husband is from Texas she asked for a meetup and Charis was like, uh huh, nope. Then the very next day she posted a lovey dovey photo of both of them having brunch and saying how much she loves her husband, Girl, no one wants your strange looking husband. Not even desperate Hollyannaeree.

Charis is a liar. There is no part time job. There are no zoom meetings. There are two reasons for the lie. 1) She's scared other people will catch on and try to copy her. Asians love copying other people so I get the fear there. 2) She doesn't like hearing shit from people about her shopping addiction so she makes up a job and basically implies she works hard for her money.

Honestly sometimes she looks crazy when she's all dressed up to leave the house. She's decked out in head to toe designer and all the labels are competing with each other. She's really tacky. The logos are in your face loud.

koala80
Learner
Learner

Post by koala80 »

It's all public information. The new house was $650k. I'm guesstimating the mortgage if they put 20% down on their first house. Their mortgage is roughly $350k-$400k for this house. It's cheap to live in FL.

Charis is now copying a Korean vlogger, Roha, on her cooking/lifestyle vlogs. Korean vloggers like roha and nebom are all the rage right now. The latest YT video is a total ripoff of Roha's vlog where she makes hamburga steak. Even down to showing her husband without showing his face. I'm really surprised she has the audacity to rip off roha's whole style.

Something is wrong with Charis mentally. She changed up her whole aesthetic of her vlogs to basically single Asian female poor roha. Her food always looks so bad. She never gives a real recipe when she cooks. She says put in 2 spoons of so and so which is so weird. Her English is so bad.

I don't think she would hide being ethnically Chinese. There's no reason for that.

I just find it so weird that all she wants to do is shop. Even when she went to Paris with her husband he went to a museum alone so she could film her unboxing in a hotel room in France. She never even takes her kids on vacation unless it's to LV or Chanel. She has the means to give her children experiences such as traveling the world but all she fucking does is go to LV or Chanel. Dassit.

Oh yeah! Holly saw Charis and her family visiting his family in Texas for the holidays on IG and Holly asked to meet up and Charis ignored her then posted a photo of her and and her husband at brunch the next day with her gushing about how much she loves him. Blech.It was gross.

Charis makes me cringe with so much second hand embarrassment. She acts like she grew up in complete poverty in the way she shows off her tacky purchases. That last haul was ugly as fuck. At this point she's just buying shit to fill some emotional hole.

lenathediva
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lenathediva »

I haven’t read the entire thread so I don’t know if this has been said. I watched one of her Q&As. I distinctly remember her saying that her husband also owns a medical supply company that she helps him run.

koala80
Learner
Learner

Post by koala80 »

Yeah, I don't think that's true. I've been following her from the beginning and I never heard her say this in any of her FAQs. She's been open about her husband being a doctor so I doubt she would hide the fact he owns a medical supply company. She shares everything, including the fact she was abandoned by her mother, that's why her "work" is all fictitious. There is no reason to be so vague and misleading about her "secret" job. If she did work for her husband's company she could just say that and leave it at that, but she doesn't. She tries to act all mysterious. It's dumb. Her "job" is to shop and she's sick and tired of people dragging her on YT so she made up a so mysterious job so people will get off her back, but it just makes her look shady and deceitful.

I do know her husband was involved in start up for virtual doctor visits for people on medicare. All of this is public information. If he did have a medical supply co it would also be public information.

mystyle007
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Post by mystyle007 »

I agree with a lot of the comments on here.

Her most recent uploads did give me a sense she was trying to imitate Roha - Roha never shows her identity and there’s certain characteristics and minor details in her vlogs that make me think Roha has actually grown up from money or her husband’s family have money. She does not find the need to publicise to the world who she is. Her face is never disclosed. Roha’s food and plating looks classy. Lvlover’s food looks very average. Roha is in her 20s - I think she must have attended cooking school before she got married as there’s no way someone in their 20s would know how to cook those recipes with the tips she gives.

As much as I don’t want to speculate, I got the thought a while back that lvlovercc may actually be North Korean. People who escape North Korea generally flee to China first (hence maybe why there are comments that she’s Chinese). I am of South Korean decent and South Koreans don’t really look like her unless the surgery was done many decades ago. Additionally, I heard her speaking to her daughter in a very old post in a North Korean accent (it was said in a joking way but I’ll never forget the accent she put on which is what first triggered the thought a long time ago). The incessant purchasing of branded items she does not need is an alarming factor of someone who has grown up very poor or has a huge emotional void). She admitted her Mother abandoned her when she was young, this also triggered the North Korean thought to me. She has a tiny frame but eats so much - sometimes I think to myself, “wow, that’s huge” or “isn’t she full?” lol - Maybe that’s from a childhood of not having much to eat like in North Korea.
I could be totally wrong but there’s a lot of coincidences.

I don’t think it’s right to go into the another’s personal affairs and details such as how much their house costs and mortgage etc. Better to mind your own business on that front but to be honest, if you were really wealthy or someone from old money, you don’t spend that much money on buying bags the same as those you already have just to have sitting in your closet. There are a lot of young fintech startup millionaires who live in small apartments and sleep on mattresses but are loaded! Most normal people with money may enjoy a branded purchase like a birkin here and there but then use the money wiser like buying more property, gold, stocks, fine jewellery (not branded).

The decor of her old house was identical to the new one they moved into recently. I got the feeling her in-laws lived in the one they live in now and they did a switch. The floorboards, kitchen and everything was exactly the same as their old place. They switched to the bigger one given the third baby. She then renovated it the same as she renovated the previous. Also, whenever she says “my friend” sometimes I feel like she’s referring to her mother in law... like she once said “my friend cooked me soup” when she had her third baby.

I don’t have a problem with her but wish she would be more honest. Some people can see right through it. Another thing is people who don’t have or didn’t have money have inflated egos to overcompensate so maybe that’s why she doesn’t like to be honest or look vulnerable.

When she says “my work” or “my job” she’s referring to being a full time Mom which is a job in itself (I don’t discount that) and part of her job is her YouTube channel - No issue with that, just be a bit more honest, that’s all 🙂

Also, unboxing ONE item per video instead of 5 per video might help to reduce unneeded spent and create more valuable content!

liuqnart
Lurker
Lurker

Post by liuqnart »

Finally, there is someone who could give more details about how Charis is by no means of South Korean descent. There are at least a hundred reasons why she pretended to be a South Korean and concealed her real identity but I won't go into details here because it may seem I am launching personal attacks.

South Koreans have a strong sense of national identity and most South Korean YouTubers retain their Korean names and write a ton in comment boxes in Korean, but Charis never did it because she is either North Korean or Chinese of Korean ethnicity. I lived in LA Koreantown for over a decade and Charis does not look like people of South Korean descent AT ALL.

mystyle007 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:36 pm

As much as I don’t want to speculate, I got the thought a while back that lvlovercc may actually be North Korean. People who escape North Korea generally flee to China first (hence maybe why there are comments that she’s Chinese). I am of South Korean decent and South Koreans don’t really look like her unless the surgery was done many decades ago. Additionally, I heard her speaking to her daughter in a very old post in a North Korean accent (it was said in a joking way but I’ll never forget the accent she put on which is what first triggered the thought a long time ago). The incessant purchasing of branded items she does not need is an alarming factor of someone who has grown up very poor or has a huge emotional void). She admitted her Mother abandoned her when she was young, this also triggered the North Korean thought to me. She has a tiny frame but eats so much - sometimes I think to myself, “wow, that’s huge” or “isn’t she full?” lol - Maybe that’s from a childhood of not having much to eat like in North Korea.
I could be totally wrong but there’s a lot of coincidences.

koala80
Learner
Learner

Post by koala80 »

I don't get this whole N Korean S Korean thing....

Charis is definitely ripping off Roha's style, but Charis's food always looks extremely unappetizing. In her most recent vlog she had every single child of hers using his or her nasty hands to press down flour onto fish. It was nasty. Her husband is now more prominent in her vlogs. He's extremely effeminate, imo. And condescending af. Telling us how to let the meat rest. Ewww.

They have no business being so uppity about cooking. Charis cooked French toast in olive oil. WTF cooks French toast in olive oil? She doesn't know that French toast is only cooked in butter? And she used whole wheat seeded bread for French toast. Her choices are always so strange. I know she came to the US over 20 years ago so culturally she should know better but she cats like she's lived in a bunker away from civilization. Her spelling and grammar is atrocious as well.

She doesn't seen to have her own style or personality and usually copies whoever is in style at the moment. I'm tired of her fashion vlogs. She dresses like my mom. She said she was a fashion major but she has the tackiest taste in clothes. The whole sister-wives dresses and flouncy tops made for 60 year old is out of date and tacky.

koala80
Learner
Learner

Post by koala80 »

I'm Korean and she looks Korean to me. Lots of surgery but still Korean. I don't understand why she would lie about not being Korean?????? That's weird.

I guess she can buy whatever she wants. It's her prerogative. But this is a gossip forum and we're allowed to gossip about her. The weird thing is that barely goes outside with or without the pandemic. She even said she hates going on vacation or traveling, but her husband loves it. So if she barely leaves the house why does she need 100 bags??? It's not the buying per se. It's the buying to fill some need that isn't being fulfilled. It's the wastefulness. Why not use some of that $$$ and create experiences for her children instead of hoarding designer bags? I doubt they even give to charity as well. It's all about Charis. The kids are an after thought.

She acts like if she doesn't have the same designer bag, shoes or clothes that one of her vlogger "friends" has then she will die. She's in constant competition with all of the other YT vloggers out there and she's gonna win by any means. I honestly believe it's a competition for her to beat everyone else in terms of material goods. In that regard, I also agree with the other posters, who said she grew up in abject poverty, because healthy, normal people don't act like that. Her consumption is insane. Even Jerusha and Mel in Melbourne don't spend like her.

There is something odd and off about her. She's creepy. The high pitched voices, the fake giggling, the mania during the unboxings. And her husband seems to enable her. But, like I said, he probably does so because he's much less attractive than her. And I think Charis is pretty average in looks.

Spencer_Hastings
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Spencer_Hastings »

I noticed you keep stressing how unattractive her husband is, but I've looked up his Facebook page before and he doesn't seem that bad looking or unusual looking *shrugs* he just looks like an average Chinese-American man to me. Her youngest baby Caleb seems to look a lot like her husband, and I think Caleb is a pretty cute baby. It's not like her husband is absolutely hideous.

As for the theory of Charis pretending to be Korean/not of South-Korean descent (I was the one who asked that question originally), one thing I found odd (and this might be petty/not a big deal), but in one of her videos when they went to get Bonchon korean fried chicken, she didn't know how to pronounce "Bonchon".. I found that odd because Bonchon means "my hometown” in Korean. It also sounds similar to ban chan (side dishes in Korean) so I find it a little suspicious that she didn't know how to pronounce that.. This could just be her not knowing how to pronounce certain words (for some reason?) but that is strange considering that she supposedly grew up in Korea. I agree though that I don't get why she'd lie about her ethnicity.

koala80
Learner
Learner

Post by koala80 »

Well... beauty is subjective, isn't it? I find him extremely unattractive. He does not look like an average Chinese dude to me. More like a 2 out of 10. There are some seriously good looking Chinese men. There are a lot of average looking Chinese men too, but, imo, I find him unattractive. Why do you take it personally, if you don't mind me asking? Like I don't necessarily agree with your whole N Korean theory but I'm not taking it personally. Why would you get offended by something that doesn't affect you personally, kwim? I apologize if I hit a nerve.

Charis's English accent is bad. I grew up with immigrant parents so I can understand English with an accent, but I have a really hard time understanding her.

Here's the thing. She obviously has some sort of mental illness. She's trying to fill some void by buying a shit ton of things and when that high wears off she goes on another pointless shopping spree. Her vlogs are not about buying and reviewing bags. She's not providing anything useful. Her whole YT channel is about showing off every single purchase she makes. At the beginning of the pandemic when so many people were dying and Asians were being targeted with hate she just kept going acting like nothing was going on the world with her weird ass giggling and shaking with excitement during her unboxings. It was like she was living in her own little world and she didn't give a shit about anyone else. She got so much hate from Asians and non-Asians for behaving so callously. She's just extremely clueless and selfish. Even Jerusha and Mel in Melbourne actually provide information but not Charis. It's all about the volume of what she can show off. It's all about quantity with her not quality. She has 100 bags but rarely leaves the house even without a pandemic.

Her recent home decor vlog was insane. She bought so much ugly and repetitive shit to replace more ugly shit. It's a pattern of behavior with her. Even with the home decor shopping it's about showing off sheer volume and not about picking and choosing thoughtful pieces. Even with this last vlog she was shaking and acting crazy as she unboxed all of her ugly shit. I have never seen someone act like this in my life. It was like she was having orgasms as she was opening each box. Watch it. She was literally shaking. This bish is crazy. It's like watching a documentary on hoarding and being bi-polar.

Most Asian moms do not abandon their families especially girls. I wonder if she also had some kind of mental illness as well. Even though I find her husband physically unattractive, which I have the right to feel, I also feel sorry for him. Imagine going to Paris and having to go to the museum by yourself because your wife is on a bi-polar high and wants to film an unboxing in the hotel room instead of sharing an experience with you.

ChasingUnicorns
Debater
Debater

Post by ChasingUnicorns »

"Prayers for those who don't have power in Texas" and let me shove as many designer items as I can in the pic. She's so freaking tone deaf.

lowkeylaurie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lowkeylaurie »

I tried so hard to watch her latest video and couldn't make it past 2 minutes. From the constant little girl squealing to pronouncing 'versions' as "virgins" I couldn't take it. I had to mute the video and skip through just to see what she got. How anyone actually watches her and still has brain cells is honestly a miracle, because I could physically feel a headache starting when she squealed.

ChasingUnicorns
Debater
Debater

I can’t watch her videos but did a quick view of latest uploads. She does a massive closet clean-up then proceeds to shop even more. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Also it seems like her and Mel in Melbourne/other luc you tubers have reached a plateau when it comes to number of views. You can’t follow a continuous cycle of consumption and ever be truly happy.

Stylewatcher14
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Stylewatcher14 »

Other YouTubers can better explain an item and what they think of the item (whether English is their second language or not). There's a purpose. They're not choppy, not "all over the place" and very descriptive. Charis's explanations are very basic, elementary easy language, and she changes her vocal tone and volume to compensate with her lack of articulation. I notice the videos are cut at times. I feel like I'm watching a middle aged woman trying to be accepted. (I am really sorry for her mom abandoning her. I hope she is seeking therapy).

Strawberrytrifle
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Strawberrytrifle »

I watched her recent video of only picking 1 item from each Brand...I can’t stand the way she speaks in that video. Too much high pitch..I am Asian too so it is not about the accent.

sherrytia
Stalker
Stalker

Post by sherrytia »

I've been watching her for years and her purchases recently has been so much that I cannot relate anymore. How and why does one person needs this many bags and clothes. And she still gets excited and giddy..? I was once like this but as a working mom of 3 now I am more curated in my handbags and wardrobe collection. Does she keep all of it or gives away...it baffles me.

ChasingUnicorns
Debater
Debater

Exactly, she’s not a celebrity that has loads of events to attend. Her social life wasn’t exactly vibrant even before the pandemic. She just drops her kids off at school and goes grocery shopping. So why does she need all this stuff? She can honestly use a different bag for 365 days, it seems.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Posters….. Just a quick question….. I am wondering if you think there would be any interest in a Luxury Sub forum here? I thought about putting all of our biggest Luxury YouTube threads together and then have a general luxury IG and YT thread. Do you think we have enough interest here anymore? We used to have a lot of luxury enthusiasts here on GG but I am not certain if we still do. Should we leave it the way it is for now? Let us know if you have any ideas. Thanks.

tattlelife
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by tattlelife »

tar wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:35 am
Posters….. Just a quick question….. I am wondering if you think there would be any interest in a Luxury Sub forum here? I thought about putting all of our biggest Luxury YouTube threads together and then have a general luxury IG and YT thread. Do you think we have enough interest here anymore? We used to have a lot of luxury enthusiasts here on GG but I am not certain if we still do. Should we leave it the way it is for now? Let us know if you have any ideas. Thanks.
I'd like that :tu:

Return to “LVlover cc”