Minks4All

drogers4205

Re: Minks4All

Post by drogers4205 »

I understand what both of you are saying. I'm in the Washington,DC area. Things are crazy here too.

Sometimes you have to make a trade off. Nice house in a less desirable area. Smaller condo/house in a better location. You have to decide what's more important to you and your family.

I also think it's crazy to chose to "invest" in $600 flip flops, $1,000 heels, $5,000 handbags and a $40,000 car if you are living in a hovel. That's just absurd.

Post by Guest »

Yeesh, I think DC and NYC are waaaayyyy more expensive than SoCal! I want to say I feel your pain, but I don’t think what I pay in rent is anywhere close to what your averages are!

The selling price for Minks’ home is deceiving if you’ve never lived in Southern California or not familiar with our housing market. It might look like a lot, but it really isn’t. For comparison, a few months ago (or maybe it was last year), I saw a teensy house in Point Loma (San Diego neighborhood) that was selling for $750K. It was a two bed, one bath and small AF, but it is in a safe, nice area and it had a good backyard and updated appliances (lol).

Anywayz, many young couples can’t afford to buy homes in SoCal; for some, it is just easier to invest in a condo. Nothing wrong with that! I certainly wouldn’t look down on Minks if she and her husband did that, especially if it was in a nicer area and a big city. At least the condo would be a good investment, unlike designer flip flops and luxury cars. ;)

elsa929
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by elsa929 »

Housing price wise they are all equally insane! I always remember the first rule of real estate, location location location. A small home in a desirable neighborhood is always better than the nicest house in a declining neighborhood.

SoCal has us all beat on climate though!! I love your weather!!!

Let’s hope Minks has come to her senses and they are moving into a nice condo or something like that.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

I sure hope they are moving into a better area or home. I wouldn't judge her so harshly if she only had a few luxury items, but I've done a estimate of her stuff before and it totaled OVER $100K in goods. It's her money and her life, but at her age she (they) should know and be doing better.

Her and hubby should consider a condo in a nice area near a dog park for Edward. Then maybe I'll ease up on the judgement :D

YouTuberr
Informer
Informer

Post by YouTuberr »

I would also guess the collection of lux items is worth at least $80k+!

I too would not judge someone who maybe just had like a Speedy and Neverfull, but she has tons!

Post by Guest »

Doing a quick Zillow search it looks like a nicer home with a pool can be had for $500k.
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2424 ... 6678_zpid/

Minnie seems the type that would stay in the town where she’s put down roots rather than move to San Diego and other areas of Southern Cal that are further away (and far more expensive).

Post by Guest »

poshspice88 wrote:Doing a quick Zillow search it looks like a nicer home with a pool can be had for $500k.

Minnie seems the type that would stay in the town where she’s put down roots rather than move to San Diego and other areas of Southern Cal that are further away (and far more expensive).
Oh, definitely. Homes in Riverside, San Bernardino, Kern County, etc...the homes aren’t crazy and there’s more space. The main issue with them is that the climate is super hot and there isn’t a lot to do in those areas.

Then again, it’s not uncommon for people to drive to the main cities like LA/OC/SD. Southern Californians drive a lot.

Post by Guest »

adel220 wrote:
poshspice88 wrote:Doing a quick Zillow search it looks like a nicer home with a pool can be had for $500k.

Oh, definitely. Homes in Riverside, San Bernardino, Kern County, etc...the homes aren’t crazy and there’s more space. The main issue with them is that the climate is super hot and there isn’t a lot to do in those areas.

Then again, it’s not uncommon for people to drive to the main cities like LA/OC/SD. Southern Californians drive a lot.
adel220 wrote:

Yeah, I figured it was less desirable and more inland. I don’t think the lack of excitement in their town bothers Minks and her husband. She’s said before that they’re a pretty boring couple and mostly enjoy eating out for entrainment.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

Another SLG. I mean really. How many does one person need? She's got so many already. I'm sure the only reason she's still buying is so she can have what the other women have. Just to say she has it. SMH....priorities all jacked up. I wonder what her education level is? She makes some really bad decisions all things considered.

Post by Guest »

Yeah, she bought another poche toilette. I thought it was weird; didn’t she have something like that already? Lol, I can’t keep track.

I’ve actually sold most of my SLGs and am in the process of selling another. They’re cute and everything, but a makeup pouch from the Clinique or Estée Lauder counter does the exact same thing and costs several times less (they’re free, obviously :lol: ). Same with a passport holder. I get that in Europe that they’re used way more, so I kinda understand why those people would want an expensive designer one, but if you’re in America, a passport is rarely used so a no-name leather one should be fine. Given that Minnie and her husband don’t go anywhere, her passport cover is doubly useless.

I would say that a designer wallet is worth the splurge but I believe Minnie has at least 3 of them plus tons of card holders. I’ve had my LV wallet for at least 13 years and even though there is wear, it does what it’s supposed to do and has held up beautifully. I purchased a Chanel card holder 3 years ago and it is my main card holder. I kind of regret buying it as LV would’ve held up better, but whatever, I’ll use it until I wear it out completely. I don’t believe in rotating a bunch of items just because they’re cute and collectible.

I wonder if she just buys SLGs to sate some possible appetite for buying more things (re: expensive)...? All her stuff looks the same. :?

lowkeylaurie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lowkeylaurie »

adel220 wrote:I wonder if she just buys SLGs to sate some possible appetite for buying more things (re: expensive)...? All her stuff looks the same. :?
I'm pretty sure she's got a shopping addiction of some sort and she constantly buys SLGs and other random crap because it's the only things she can afford, it's been a long time since she bought a big ticket item, her last being pre-loved. And yeah, her collection is incredibly repetitive because she can't risk buying items that won't sell well, she even said that herself a few times.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

I think she wants badly to be on the same level as some of the other so called "lux" shoppers, but there is absolutely nothing about Minks that screams lux. It's evident by the few vlogs she's put out that hhe has NO fashion sense or style other than her collection of bags.

I wish she would burn that greyish/black cold shoulder top she sometimes wears. I cringe each time she wears it. It just hangs on her and looks so cheaply made.

lowkeylaurie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lowkeylaurie »

drogers4205 wrote:I think she wants badly to be on the same level as some of the other so called "lux" shoppers, but there is absolutely nothing about Minks that screams lux. It's evident by the few vlogs she's put out that hhe has NO fashion sense or style other than her collection of bags.

I wish she would burn that greyish/black cold shoulder top she sometimes wears. I cringe each time she wears it. It just hangs on her and looks so cheaply made.
I know right?! And the way she pairs her $3000+ bags with those ugly, tacky sparkly Vans :barf: nothing else could scream hillbilly countryside trailer park girl more than her style and the way she chooses to pair her items.

Post by Guest »

I find it so strange that she still likes to wear Vans. I haven’t worn Vans since I was in junior high and that was because I ran with the skater-wannabe crowd (lol). The only people I know who wear those shoes now are washed-up 40 year old men who ruined their youth pursuing a music career and are stuck in the 90s (with the over the calf white socks, ugh!!!).

I get wanting to be comfortable and casual, but there are many options that are more girly and modern and not expensive. She spends so much money on those Valentino rockstud shoes, which I actually find hideous...not just on her but with all these YouTubers/Instagrammers who insist on wearing them because they’re in. While she claims she only buys things that have long-term value, I can’t see the rockstuds being stylish in the next 10 years. They are so gaudy and trendy.

I don’t want to judge too harshly on her clothes as she never claimed to be stylish, but if there’s one thing I wish she’d not wear it would be those super short shorts. I live in SoCal just like she does and the only people I see who wear those are college girls. :? And when they do, they don’t wear them with a baggy t-shirt like she does.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

lowkeylaurie wrote:
drogers4205 wrote:I think she wants badly to be on the same level as some of the other so called "lux" shoppers, but there is absolutely nothing about Minks that screams lux. It's evident by the few vlogs she's put out that hhe has NO fashion sense or style other than her collection of bags.

I know right?! And the way she pairs her $3000+ bags with those ugly, tacky sparkly Vans :barf: nothing else could scream hillbilly countryside trailer park girl more than her style and the way she chooses to pair her items.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

I noticed on Wendy's loving fifty IG that Minks attended some sort of gathering along with a few other ladies. However, when you take a look at MInks IG there's no evidence of the event.

Anyone ever wonder why Minks never vlogs or repost other IG'ers on any of her platforms? Did she post about it on her channel and I missed it? She did the same thing with Jerusha. Went to meet-up with Jerusha when she was in LA, but didn't vlog or show anything about it. Meanwhile Jerusha had no problems posting the vlog.

I may be reaching, but it seems like Minks doesn't want to give anyone else any shine or is scared that others youtubers will gain subbies from being showcased on her channel. I'm NOT a fan of Jerusha, but one things she has always done is given shoutouts etc. to others even when they have no where near the amount of subscribers she has. Minks is shady as hell.

And ditto on the Vans. How many pair do you need already? My nieces picked up a couple pair for back to school, but they are all in their teens.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

Just one more comment on Wendy's IG post. It looks like Minks is wearing her knock-off Saint Laurent shirt. I believe it's made by some youtuber name Elle & Em? Something along those lines. Check out Wendy's photo. She's wearing a sun dress which is fine, but she has on these very cheap looking flip-flops that are clearly too small for her.

Half of the ladies in this picture are dressed like they are going to one event and the other half to an entirely different event. Oh my goodness.

Post by Guest »

drogers4205 wrote:Just one more comment on Wendy's IG post. It looks like Minks is wearing her knock-off Saint Laurent shirt. I believe it's made by some youtuber name Elle & Em? Something along those lines. Check out Wendy's photo. She's wearing a sun dress which is fine, but she has on these very cheap looking flip-flops that are clearly too small for her.

Half of the ladies in this picture are dressed like they are going to one event and the other half to an entirely different event. Oh my goodness.
Minnie did post the event, but it was a multi-pic IG post on 6/30 in her Instagram. It was for foxylv’s birthday...whom I actually think dresses worse than Minnie and isn’t financially stable. :? I read this on another forum, but I’m inclined to believe this is true as I am in the same LV Facebook group she is in and understand what those girls are talking about.

I also read in the other forum that Wendy wore flip flops because she was having foot issues, so I’ll give her a pass, although if they are small then that’s on her. :lol:

I actually dislike those designer t-shirts. Knock off or real, ugh, not classy at all and reeks of fast-fashion. I don’t know anyone who looks good in them and usually the people who wear them are too old to be wearing it.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

adel220 wrote:
drogers4205 wrote:Just one more comment on Wendy's IG post. It looks like Minks is wearing her knock-off Saint Laurent shirt. I believe it's made by some youtuber name Elle & Em? Something along those lines. Check out Wendy's photo. She's wearing a sun dress which is fine, but she has on these very cheap looking flip-flops that are clearly too small for her.

Minnie did post the event, but it was a multi-pic IG post on 6/30 in her Instagram. It was for foxylv’s birthday...whom I actually think dresses worse than Minnie and isn’t financially stable. :? I read this on another forum, but I’m inclined to believe this is true as I am in the same LV Facebook group she is in and understand what those girls are talking about.

I also read in the other forum that Wendy wore flip flops because she was having foot issues, so I’ll give her a pass, although if they are small then that’s on her. :lol:

I actually dislike those designer t-shirts. Knock off or real, ugh, not classy at all and reeks of fast-fashion. I don’t know anyone who looks good in them and usually the people who wear them are too old to be wearing it.
Then I stand corrected. I don't follow her IG page as it's seems to be mostly photos of bags and shoes.

YouTuberr
Informer
Informer

Post by YouTuberr »

Five pairs of Valentino rock stud flip flops? Homegirl has a hoarding problem!

Return to “Minks4All”